Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Lost in the Darkness ❯ Everlasting ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lost in the Darkness

Part 18

Everlasting

Disclaimer: I don't own. Pity. I want to!

Goku: And if she did, I wouldn't be here.

Where would you be?

Vegita: Same place I would. Far far away.

Hey! That's not nice!

ChibiMirai: You got more! Hee hee! Hope your happy!

ChichiX: This isn't Chicih's mother, actually. I decided to use someone else! It just kind of worked out that way.

Bum: It's nice to know you care! I'm sorry for not telling you!

Sailor J-chan: I read your story about my idea that you did and it's great! I hope you get more up soon! I also noted the note you put at the bottom. Thanks for not claiming it even if you forgot who I was!

Jennsyn: I do love Basil! He's one of my favs!

Well, that's the long note! Enjoy!!!!!!
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Chichi pulled away quickly, staring at the boy in shock. "You-You're Kakarotto? I-I don't believe it…" She trailed off. Then her eyes grew sad. "We can't do this, you know. You're a slave…and I-I am not…"

Kakarotto turned away from her and nodded. ::I know. But I'm afraid it is too late for the consequences of that.::

Chichi gasped. "I thought you couldn't talk! You lied to me!"

::No. I did not lie. I can't talk. I am bonded to you. I'm speaking, yes, but only in your mind.:: He looked at her again. ::Please tell me that this bond is not one-sided.::

"Bond? With ME? Well, no, it's not one-sided, but…we can't DO this. You know it, I know it, EVERYONE knows it." She pointed out softly.

::Tell that to my heart.:: Kakarotto smiled gently. ::We were meant to be long before this. There is nothing that can tear us apart. We are soul mates. And you know that as well as I.::

His black haired angel sat down next to him. "I know." She admitted. He pulled her into his lap and nuzzled her neck gently. She giggled. "I can't live without you now that I've found you."

::Nor I you, Love. And, hopefully, we won't have to.:: He agreed, holding her close.

Tears began to roll slowly down her face. She hugged him, burying her face in his chest. ::But what if we do? I'll die without you!:: She sniffed.

::We will kill that enemy if we must. But I swear I will not let you die if it is within my power to stop it.:: He told her fiercely. ::I swear I won't. By Kyria I swear. But we must complete this bond. Otherwise we shall remain halves of the same whole. But I must warn you, it is painful.::

::Do it.:: She said. ::Whatever it is, do it.::

Kakarotto nodded. Before she could change her mind, he sunk his teeth into the spot where her shoulder met her neck. Chichi gasped, then repeated the action to him, not understanding why, and not really caring. She was with her mate now, bound forever.

Kakarotto smiled and nuzzled her neck where he'd bitten her, kissing the spot and lapping the blood. She gasped in shock as flashes of his life filled her vision. Learning to fly with his father, brother, and the prince; seeing the palace for the first time; playing with his brother; being captured, and then sold; meeting his new master and the beatings he endured; Alanya, Zarbon, Riul; meeting Mrs. Williams, being set free; telling his class about his life; and being forced back into a life he'd thought he'd escaped. Tears streamed down her face when she saw her father take away his ability to speak, saw his master beat him, and smiled when she saw herself in his eyes.

Her life went through his vision as well. Why she treated slaves, her father, the guy that took away his voice, all of it. And he saw her look at him, and smile. Kakarotto brushed his nose to hers, and gave her a gentle kiss.

"Kakarotto, I'm…sorry. I wish I did something to stop it. Wish I could have helped…" Chichi held him close. Kakarotto nodded, telling her it wasn't her fault. Then broke into tears for the first time since he was twelve. But that wasn't what nearly broke Chichi's heart. It was the soft whimpering that he made. Without his voice, he couldn't do anything but whimper. And it cut her to the core.
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

Vegita looked at his mate with gentle eyes, cradling her against him. She smiled, her eyes flickering open. "Six more months." She said softly. Vegita nodded and nipped her playfully on the nose.

"I can't wait till then. I won't have to worry anymore." He smirked.

"Bad `Geta!" Bulma mock admonished. Vegita laughed, nipping her again. She nipped him back in response, then smirked. "Eighteen with my own place. Feels like I met you only yesterday."

"Pretty close." He smiled again. She was the only one he ever smiled for. And even then it was only when they were alone. It rather disappointed the blue haired woman. His smile was so…mysterious…

She yawned. "I have to get up. I'm going house shopping today!" She squirmed out of his arms and danced around happily. Vegita made a face, got up and put his hands about her waist, dancing around with her. She giggled.

"You're getting soft, my `Geta." She smiled.

"I know, my onna." He laughed. Bulma gave a gentle smile and nodded, kissing him quickly before going to get ready. Vegita sighed, and dressed before going out to do his work for the day. He would meet Turlis and Radditz later.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Turlis woke up early the second morning he was at his new master's. He stretched slowly before leaping out of bed and dressing, trying to figure out what he was supposed to do that day. He had been given no orders and no one had told him anything. The boy groaned. He was going to get in trouble for something he couldn't help. And if this guy was anything like his first master, he'd get whipped for it. The door to the half-empty room swung open, rather suddenly.

"Get up you lazy pups!" The man in the door yelled, snapping on the lights. Turlis blinked as he came into focus. Light blue skin, dark green hair, black eyes…Turles gave a surprised cry and rushed at the man.

"RIUL!!!!" He yipped happily. The man looked up in shock.

"How do you know my name? I haven't met you before…have I?" Riul stared at him with a slight frown.

"Riul-papa." Turlis smiled. He'd have to remember that.

"I haven't been called that for…at least six years…" Riul's eyes widened. "You aren't, you CAN'T be…Bardock's kid? Turlis or Kakarotto?"

"Turlis." He grinned. "It's been awhile."

"I know. How is my son? My wife?" He looked at the teen. "Your family?"

"My father, brother and I were sold a year ago…with your son." Turlis saw his eyes grow sad. "The lady that bought us, she tried to buy Alanya, but he wouldn't sell her. She had my mother, she freed us about three months ago. I was recaptured, but I'll be free at twenty-one, but Zarbon is fine."

"You don't know anything about Alanya?" He pleaded. "Nothing?"

"She's alive. As far as I know." He told the man with a sigh. "That's all I know."

Riul's face fell. "I had hoped you'd know more."

"I wish that I did, but I do not. I'm very sorry." Turlis hung his head.

"I'm grateful for what you do know, though." The man told the teen, trying to make him feel better. Turlis sighed and nodded.
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

Bardock woke up the next morning to someone crying. "Badoc-papa?" A little voice called. Bardock's black eyes fluttered open to see Zarbon's little face staring down at him.

"What, brat?" Bardock asked. There was no bite in his words.

"I dreamed that Turlis and Kakarotto was gone fo' ever and they weren't never goin' ta come home." The little boy sniffled. Bardock pulled the five year old into his lap.

"They ARE gone, but they'll come home, I promise." Bardock said softly, stroking the little boy's green hair. Bardock closed his eyes. After he'd been free, he'd tried to buy Alanya from Sharpner. The man refused to sell her, saying he liked his little "toy" far too much. Bardock had stared wordlessly at the man and growled. He had to remind himself several times that he couldn't kill him. Htat Zarbon and Alanya both needed him, and that Mrs. Williams would never forgive him-even if the man had deserved death.

"Badoc-papa? Where's Aria-mama? She's not tryin' ta cook `gain is she? I don' like her cooking. It's icky." The boy wrinkled his nose. "And I bet you'll find Kakarotto and Turlis soon."

"I hope you're right, brat. I hope your right." Bardock followed the child from the room, shaking his head in despair.
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

Kakarotto's sobs quieted after about twenty minuets, Chichi still cradling him in her arms. ::I'm sorry.:: He told her softly. ::I don't know what came over me.::

"It's okay, Karot-chan. But I have to go. Your master won't be pleased if I stay much longer." She smiled softly.

::I understand. I'll see you when ever I can?:: He kissed her gently. ::And we can talk.::

::Right.:: She smiled as he deepened the kiss, before she had to break it. "Hopefully, it'll be on a better occasion." She kissed him softly on the cheek, then left. The Saiya-Jin teen bit his lip, then nodded, knowing in his heart it probably wouldn't be so.

He got up slowly, making sure he wouldn't fall and pulled on the shirt left by the bed, careful of the bandages covering his ribs and head. His wounds were still swollen, but there was no chance of infection, the collar had been turned up slightly and allowed him to be sure of that. The highlight of the rest of his day.

He found his new master sitting in the kitchen, smirking. "I never got to finish your introduction." The woman gave a cold laugh. "I think it's time I did that. You are here to serve. I ask, you do. Understood?"

Kakarotto bowed, not meeting her gazed. He nodded fervently, making no sound. "Good. You'd better. I bet you want to know why I have you muted, don't you." Her tone was almost kind. Kakarotto watched her warily. Her voice and smile didn't reach her eyes. He didn't trust it.

"Let's just say I keep the peace between masters and runaways." She smirked. "And that doesn't always mean legal." She smirked. Kakarotto gulped. "And if you ever try to run off, I'll make sure the experience is extremely painful." The teen was caught in a vise-like grip. Strong for any human, and Kakarotto, with the ki collar encircling his neck, was powerless to prevent her from lifting him partly off the ground. "Do you understand me?" She hissed in his ear as he gave a small whimper.

~ Let her think I'm scared. ~ He thought, gritting his teeth. ~ Let her think I fear her. And when I am loose, she will seen a power that she has never seen before. ~

The woman dropped him in contempt. "Now, get out of my sight." She snarled, pointing to the door. "Weak boy. Get out of my sight."

~ You have never known weakness. ~ The Saiya-Jin teen thought with a low growl. ~ But I shall have you begging for mercy on your knees if I ever get the chance. And you will pay dearly for what you have done. ~ For the briefest moment, had anyone been looking, they would have thought his eyes were a cold turquoise. ~ And you will find no mercy in my heart. ~
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

(A/N) I'm done! Go me! YAY! I hope you enjoyed this cuz I'm having a lot of fun writing it. Reviews are welcome, Flames will be laughed at and thrown back with much laughter. And if I'm in a bad mood, you'll discover the meaning of my name…J/K! Anyway, I hope you review and if you don't, well, Chichi loaned me the Frying Pan od Doom! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Review, please!!!!

Ja ne!
~*~ Lady Foeseeker ~*~