Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Lost in the Darkness ❯ Saiya-Jin no Densetsu ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lost in the Darkness

Part 20

Saiya-Jin no Densetsu

Disclaimer: You know the drill. It's in every chapter.

Stillbornangel: Here's your chapter!

Lita's Daughter: Well, now you don't have to flame me. ^_^ I woulda gotten it up sooner, but there were…Technical difficulties.

To Everyone else: First, I'd like to thank oyu for the reviews, and second, I would have written you all down, but then the chapter would have been to far away and you all woulda been mad.

ENJOY!!!!
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

It was a bright day when Chichi met Bulma for their trip to the turtle hermit's island. She was really excited, having gotten to see Kakarotto, even if the circumstances weren't the best in the world. She couldn't, in fact, wait to tell her friend about the encounter, for several reasons. First, there had to be a law against that and if she could shut down the thing, maybe she could buy her mate! The girl grinned and watched a dust cloud get kicked up in the road. It had to be Bulma.

The black haired girl waved as she saw Bulma approaching. The blue haired teen waved back, pulling to a stop as Chichi reached the car. There was a man in it with a shock of black hair sticking up like a candle flame. Chichi grinned. "Are you Vegita?" She asked, her grin changing to a smirk.

Vegita nodded and eyed the girl warily. His instincts were screaming that she was going to do something, though what still remained a bit of a mystery. The girl slipped into the front seat of the car.

"Hey, B, can I call him Veggie?" The Chichi laughed.

Bulma smirked. Now she could get revenge for being called Onna. "Sure, Chi. Go ahead." Vegita groaned and Bulma glanced at him in the mirror.

"You MUST be happy, Veggie-chan!" She grinned as Vegita glared at her.

"I am not." He stated shortly. "Onna."

"Onna? Bulma, does he even use your name?" Chichi grinned again. This was to good. Now she could get them both!

"Sometimes." The blue haired beauty protested. Vegita smirked.

"Only when we're in bed." He smirked.

"TOO MUCH IINFORMATION!" Chichi clamped her hands over her ears. "Waaaay to much information. I could've lived my whole life through quite happily and never known that."

Bulma laughed. "Now, Chichi. We have to torture you SOMEHOW." Bulma pointed out evilly.

"Right. Are we there yet?" The girl grinned at her best friend.

"No." Bulma snapped. She hated it when Chichi did that and the other teen knew it.

"Are we there yet?" She asked a few moments later.

"NO! Now stop it Chichi!" Bulma yelled.

Chichi winked at Vegita, who smirked. "Are we there yet?" Vegita said.

"NO!" Bulma yelled. "WE ARE NOT THERE YET!"

"Positive, onna?" Vegita asked, purposely not using her name.

"Yes, Veggie-head." She barked. "Now shut up!"

"Don't call me Veggie-head, onna." Vegita said, causing Bulma to groan. What had she done to deserve this?

"OH! This reminds me, hey, Bulma? Is there a law for the excessive beating of slaves?" Chichi broke the silence that settled over the car.

"Some, why do you ask?" Bulma eyed the girl warily. Was she going to start a business of it, or something?

"Well, the woman that owns my mate…" Chichi began.

"You have a Saiya-Jin MATE?!" Vegita interrupted in shock.

"Yes." Chichi replied, then continued, "The lady makes money by beating slaves for their masters and gets paid for it. But if it's illegal, I'd be able to shut her down and maybe buy my mate."

"Hm. I don't know that it's against the law. Usually, if one has the owners permission to do something, it's legal. Slaves are considered property, and, unlike cattle and animals, have no rights or feelings." Bulma bit her lip. "But it you found something illegal going on there…"

"That's the problem. I don't know the laws and Kakarotto can't talk." Chichi sighed. "She had my father do something to him when she bought him and now he can only make noises, like growls and stuff."

"He can talk just fine, then." Vegita said, with a smirk. "There are several languages on Vegita-sei. The new planetary language, which has only been around for two generations, called Saiya-go, and the older one called guttural Saiya-go. It is spoken using growls, grunts, yells, things of that nature. Chances are he's partly able to talk in it, but only just. Some of the noises won't be affected, and others will."

"So he can talk, but I can't understand it?" Chichi grinned. "I don't need to! He is my mate, after all, but the reverse affects haven't exactly been tried. No one has wanted to. They worked fine in tests, but that's only tests…and the antidote is hard to find."

"Well, that's not a problem. What did he use?" Bulma broke into the conversation.

"Um, TLS-138. It's one of the older kinds, but works better than the new ones." Chichi said.

"Oh! I've got the antidote for that! It should work okay, but if it doesn't, I bet I can make it!" She laughed. "It's simple enough, made out of lygencosalithine and…"

"Stop! I don't want to know what it's made from!" Chichi yelped. Vegita nodded in agreement. "And there's the island!"
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Moments later, the crew disembarked from the car and headed towards the small house in the middle of the tiny island. "Master Roshi!" Chichi yelled. "Hello!"

The door of the small pink house slammed open. "Chichi! Bulma!" Lunch appeared, smiling happily. She was in her nice personality, fortunately for them, her black eyes sparkling and midnight blue hair gleaming in the sun. "How are you guys?"

"Fine." The duo chorused.

"And who is this with you?" She gave a ditz smile.

"This is Vegita…my mate." Bulma grinend.

"Why does he have a collar? Is he a slave? Bulma, you can't have a mate who's a slave." Lunch reminded her. "This what it would do to your reputation!"

"Screw reputation." Bulma rolled her eyes. "He's only a slave till he's twenty-one and he's mine anyway. His name is Vegita. He's the Saiya-Jin prince."

"Hey, you guys!" Krillian stepped from the house. "How are you all? I was wondering when you'd be visiting!"

"Hi Krillian!" Chichi smiled at the former monk. Then did a double take. "You grew you hair out?"

"Yeah. I was tired of shaving my head. A hair cut takes less time. I don't have to make sue I got everything." He laughed.

"Hi, girls." Master Roshi and Tien walked over to the group standing on the shore. "Did you see turtle? He was SUPPOSED to get here to see you two…"

"You knew they were coming and didn't tell us?" Lunch demanded, half-indignant.

Roshi shrugged. "I wanted it to be a surprise. Give me a break."

Lunch shrugged and returned to her ditzy self. "Well, I guess that's okay, then." The group sweatdropped. That was one strange personality.
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

Kakarotto was cleaning the up the cell his brother was in, taking as long as he could, which meant everything would be sparkling clean by the time he finished and he would be able to talk to his brother for awhile. The floor was especially dirty, he noted with little interest.

"Kakarotto? What's wrong?" Radditz was finally awake. His oldest brother was always the fastest to pick up on his moods. It seemed that hadn't changed any, something Kakarotto was thankful for.

"Do…not…know…long…you…here." He stuttered, trying to get what he called his curse to allow him to talk to his brother in guttural Saiya-go.

"I see." The man told him, rattling his chains. "Before this, these chains wouldn't have held any Saiya-Jin, but now, I am held captive by the puny things." Radditz sighed.

"Be…fore…no…c-c-col…" He couldn't get he word out. Kakarotto made a frustrated noise and touched the ki collar around his neck.

"No collar?" Radditz asked. His brother nodded. "I know. These humans…" He bared his teeth and tried to break free. Kakarotto shrugged and continued to clean. There was nothing he could do. The woman stepped inside the room.

"Scram, brat." She snarled to Kakarotto. The teen gulped and ran from the room. "Now scream, slave." She said, slamming the door shut.

Kakarotto ran to the next room he had to clean, and covered his ears so he couldn't hear his brother's anguished cries.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

The woman gave a feral grin and pulled out a wicked looking whip. Metal and glass were intertwined with the leather and the whip was stained a dark crimson color with the blood of other victims. "You will scream for me, and you will be broken!" She shouted.

In a blurred motion, the whip caught his fully across the back, ripping gashes in his skin. Radditz screamed in pain as blood dripped tot he floor. "You will not break me!" He shout in defiance. The whip landed again and again. He cried out, but would not submit. Refused to cry for mercy. The woman scowled.

"If that is the case, we'll see how you like watching other's get hurt for your action!" She snarled. Radditz twitched. There was no way she could be talking about Kakarotto!

The woman left, returning moments later with a pale Kakarotto trembling in her grasp. The teen looked once at his brother and tried to get away from the woman. He already knew what was coming. Kakarotto gulped and whimpered. "Brother…please!" He tried to say, but couldn't get the words to work.

"Leave him alone!" Radditz yelled, yanking at his bonds. "Don't you touch him!"

"How sweet." The woman mocked. "Trying to get the little slave to go free. You didn't listen to me, there is no one to blame but yourself." She cackled. Kakarotto was thrown roughly into the chains by his brother. The woman grabbed the whip and struck him, over and over again. Radditz wanted to beg her to stop beating him, but Kakarotto, who was facing him, shook his head when he open his mouth. Blood dripped to the floor and the woman was laughing at his pained animal like screams. The woman stopped abruptly, going back to the older Saiya-Jin.

"Your turn again. I will weaken your body and your mind!" She laughed. Kakarotto bared his teeth. The woman paid no attention. The first lash struck true. Radditz screamed.

There was a sudden flash of golden light. Radditz glanced to his brother. Kakarotto was panting heavily, eyes dark with rage. He was struggling against the chains that bound him, growling. Radditz shook his head and gaped.

Another growl forced itself form Kakarotto's throat. His muscles bulged for a moment and he threw his head back. A feral scream emanated from him. The aura that had lain dormant since the collar had been placed back on him ignited. It was impossible. The green-white glow flashed gold. His black hair stood on end and tuned golden-white for the briefest moment before returning to normal. It flickered again, then a third time. The fourth time, his hair and aura remained gold. He yanked his hands together and the chains snapped. Cold turquoise eyes landed on the woman, blank with fury.

Radditz laughed harshly, his back screaming in protest. "This is what happens when you push the Saiya-Jin race to far!" The very house was shaking from the force of Kakarotto's energy. His collar snapped under the sheer power he emitted, disintegrating before it touched the floor.

Kakarotto was Saiya-Jin no densetsu. The legendary super Saiya-Jin.
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

Chichi screamed as pain flashed through her, falling to the ground and almost passing out. She twitched again as another wave passed over her. Bulma rushed to her side. "What's going on?" She demanded, turning to Vegita.

"Her mate is probably being hurt. Get her inside. She needn't lay in the sand." He told the group. They immediately took her into the house. She was laying on the couch for a moment, before she jerked up into a sitting position and cried out, "Saiya-Jin no Densetsu!" The group whirled and Vegita paled.

"Saiya-Jin of legend? Where? That's really bad! If we don't get her to him, he might destroy the planet!" He yelled. "Do you know where her mate is?" At Bulma's nod, he yelled, "Then get us there!" The group raced with Chichi to the car.

"I know where he is! Come with me!" Bulma leapt into the car, Chichi in her grasp. They could only pray they would not be too late.
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

Kakarotto ripped the now useless ki collar from his throat and the chains from his wrists and ankles. He growled in a way that seemed to say, "Do not mess with my family!" Radditz watched the exchange with wide eyes.

"Kakarotto! You can't kill her! You can't! You will be put to death!" He yelled. "Think of your mate! Think of what it'll do to her! Do you want to cause her death by yours?" Kakarotto whirled towards his brother, ripping him free and pulling the collar off him.

He made a soft whimper and bowed his head. "I…want…my…fredem…" The growled out.

"Fredem? Freedom?" Radditz translated. Kakarotto nodded. "You want to go home to Vegita-sei and have things like they were? Little brother, inoko-chan, it's never going to be. You need to calm down."

Kakarotto's eyes narrowed. "Not…till…her…death!"

"Kakarotto! Listen to me! You have become the legendary! You have no control over what you're feeling right now! You need to calm down. You need to stop and think. What would our father want you to do? And our mother! And what would your mate say?" Radditz was frantic. If he didn't calm his brother down soon, he would do something he would regret later!

::Radditz is right, brother. Stop it this instant!:: Turlis's telepathic voice cut through the blood-misted soup of Kakarotto's thoughts.

::I can't. I just can't. I don't want this power. Help me, brother! What should I do?:: He whimpered. ::I want to kill her, for all she did. For all the things these humans like her did. Taking our humanity, our power, our freedom, everything. Even our home. I want to kill them for taking the years of my life I can't get back and for giving me the scars I have. I want to kill them!::

::NO! Kakarotto! They aren't all bad, remember! You're mate is human! Vegita's mate is human! They are good people. What about Mrs. Williams? And Leah and David! What about them? If you destroy the planet, you'll kill them too! Kakarotto, don't do anything stupid! And what about the other slaves on the planet? Don't!::

::I will do as I please.:: Kakarotto snapped.

::Then think before you do it you fool! Goku, they always said that your softness would get everyone killed and if you do this, it will!:: Turlis hoped his nickname would stop him.

He was right, luckily. Kakarotto halted. ~ Purity. Is what I want to do the right thing? I can't think of that, but…what will it accomplish? Can I do that to my mate? To her people? I-I I don't know anymore! ~

::CHICHI! Help me, please! Chichi…:: Tears flew about his face as his energy flipped them upwards before they evaporated.

::Ka…ka…rot…to…:: Her voice was soft in his mind. ::Don't so this, my love. It will not accomplish anything but hatred. Is that what you want?::

::I don't know anymore. I just don't know. What should I do?:: He wept.

::Wait for me. Bulma and Vegita are taking me there now. Wait for me…:: She begged.

::I will wait.:: He replied softly. ::I promise you, I will wait.::
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

"I got us some time." Chichi manage to tell the others she was with despite the pain that was messing with her vision.

"Good. We'll be there soon. We got lucky. I thought it was all over." Bulma sighed in relief.

"It nearly was. He almost did it. Turlis bought enough time for me to contact him." She smiled.

"Turlis?" Vegita blinked. "They're identical twins? I just thought it was the strong family resemblance."

"No, they're twins. But right now, it doesn't matter. We need to get to my mate. B, does this thing go faster? He promised he'd wait, but the sooner we get there, the better." Somehow Chichi managed to sit up, leaning heavily against the seat.

"Yup. Let's kick it." She slammed down on the gas.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

(A/N) Another chapter done. I feel so proud. ^_^ But on to important matters. PLEASE review!!!!! I'm not done with this story yet and Reviews mean that I am encouraged to write! REVIEW! Flmes are welcome and S'mores are good.