Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Lost in the Darkness ❯ Tears of the Angels ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lost in the Darkness

Part 24

Tears of the Angels

Disclaimer: *Lady Foeseeker is crying to hard to write*

Kakarotto: *sighs* Fine. Lady Foeseeker doesn't own DBZ, as is obvious by her pathetic attempts to use Japanese and the fact she is LADY Foeseeker and the original creator is a guy.

ENJOY!
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Turlis met Shannon outside of school to explain the bond and what exactly it meant to the both of them. The was in awe of the situation and didn't seem to grasp the implications very well. When he told her that it meant the two were bound in mind and soul and only left body to be joined, her jaw dropped.

"You mean your brother and Chichi, they've…?"

Turlis nodded. "Of course. It was only natural, you know. At least to Saiya-Jins."

"But we're supposed to get MARRIED first!" She protested.

"By our standards, we ARE married. Shannon, I come from an entirely different culture than what your used to." Turlis reminded her after a moment.

"What am I going to tell my parents? What if they kick me out?" She gulped.

"You will be welcome at my home. On Vegita-sei, people our age would already be living by themselves. Here it's not legal for us to do so, but my parents understand. Chichi and her father came to live with us. Her mother, well, she wasn't too happy about Chichi taking a Saiya-Jin mate and her father rather liked the idea, and Kakarotto had no hard feelings, so there they are." Turlis grinned. "Besides, isn't it all about love on this planet?"

"Well, yeah, but…"Turlis cut her off.

"There is no Saiya-Jin word for Love, you know. It doesn't really exist on our home planet, but the word we use has a much different meaning. In fact, you probably would translate it as love, but there are many different kinds. Parentally affection is far different that a bond feeling." Turlis sat down, pulling Shannon into his lap. "Our word for the feeling we get after we've bonded is Kamista."

"Kamista? I like that…what does it mean in English?"

"Soul bound forever." He gave a gentle smile. "I am this to you, and you are the same to me."

"What is the love like you have for your family?" She asked as he nuzzled her neck.

"Cyivor. Unless your a twin, like my brother and I. Then it's faror."

"Really? So, if I tell you that I love you, it's Kamista?"

"Yes. We don't use the word lightly…in fact, we rarely use it at all. It has such a strong meaning. I may tell you I love you, or call you Kasar, which is something like Lover, or Wife, kind of an affectionate pet name, but I may never say Kamista."

"So, we are connected, and if I die, you die, and if you die, I die?"

"Yeah, basically."

"I-I feel so young for this kind of commitment…" She gulped.

"But it was MADE. You are not to young, and, because we are bonded, you won't have any desire to cheat anyway."

"That makes me feel better about it. How do you show your connection? I noticed that Kakarotto and Chichi wear rings."

"They are showing they're mated in earth form. They'll officially tie the knot when Kakarotto's free. But the real way is the bite mark, that goes here." He touched her neck where it joined her shoulder. "I know it will hurt, but how much is your guess."

"I'll risk it."

"Once I bite you, you should do everything else by instinct." He nuzzled her neck again.

"Okay…" She whispered, and kissed him, mumbling, "Do it."

He obliged.
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

Kakarotto held Chichi in his strong arms and floated several hundred feet above the ground, dancing in the brilliant sunlight. Chichi sighed contentedly and nuzzled his neck. "This is wonderful, you know?" She smiled softly.

"I know." His breath tickled her ear gently.

"I…this will be a bit of a shock to you, but Goku, Kakarotto…I…what I mean is…" She stuttered.

"Your pregnant? I know." He told her, tightening his grip slightly.

"How could you tell…?" Her face took on a look of confusion.

"Your scent changed. It's pretty obvious, kassar." He laughed. "The only thing is…our son will be born into slavery."

"I know." Their face grew sad, contemplative. Chichi sighed. "I wish it wasn't so."

"As do I. At least he need not wear a collar, I hope."

"There has been a movement to change that law, you know."

"I know. I hope it doesn't pass."

"But we both know it probably will." Chichi pointed out.

"Hai, but nothing can kill hope." Kakarotto sighed.

"What will his name be, then?"

"I don't know…I was thinking about Gohan." He smiled

"Rice? Are you insane?!" Chichi nearly yelled.

"Gohan means Honor in Saiya-Go." Kakarotto looked hurt.

"Honor, huh? I like that. Gohan it is. Middle name?"

"Kakarotto. Tradition. The children always carry their parents names."

"They do?" Chichi blinked.

"Of course." Kakarotto laughed at the look on her face. "Surely you knew my middle name was Bardock."

"Well, yes, but I was not aware that your brothers were also Bardock."

Kakarotto shrugged in reply.
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

"Onna! Get in here!"

"What, Gita?" Bulma turned the corner to the room. "They just said the voting will commence tomorrow, about weather slaves must wear the ki collars in captivity if their natural power exceeds 40."

"What's the favor?"

"That it will pass, almost unanimously." He sighed. "I am finally rid of it, and now it returns.

"What are the release conditions?"

"After the slave is free for one year, the collar will be removed."

"No." Bulma whispered, eyes filling with tears. "They CAN'T. Can they be removed for training?"

"Hai, luckily." For the second time since he'd entered captivity, Vegita had tears falling freely down his face.

"It involves more than you, Vegita." She whispered. "I'm pregnant. It will affect the baby too, since your not yet free."

"I know. My son."

"You know it's a boy?"

"Of course, onna. You smell of it."

"Then you'll help me choose a name?"

"Vegita Mirai."

"I wanted his name to be Trunks."

"Fine, Vegita Mirai Trunks. Better?"

"It does have a ring. Why Mirai though?"

"I means Hope in Saiya-go."

"I like that. Mirai…hope. Mei Mirai…" Bulma nodded. "Yeah…"

"My hope? Onna you are NOT calling him that."

"I will. Now shut up."

"Loser onna."

"'Gita, your insults grow worse by the moment. What's wrong?"

"They're talking about the penalties that will be enforced by this law. Death is pretty close to the top of the list." He sighed.

"We'll get through this. We always have before."

"I hope your right, my Onna. I hope your right."
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

"Otousan?" Radditz was wandering around the house looking for his father. They needed to talk, and Radditz hadn't seen the man since he was but a child.

"Oof!" The cry was that of an elderly woman. "Why on earth do I keep slamming into you people? You're like walls! You'd think I would learn by now!" She grumbled.

"Goman nasi! I'm sorry, milady! It will not happen again!" Radditz was pratically cowering.

"Oh honestly. You all would think I actually DID beat you with the way you act!" She made a face and sighed. It was then Radditz noticed that she was wheelchair bound. "And if you call my milady again, I shall make you eat Aria's cooking!"

"I'm sorry, um…"

"Mrs. Williams. And you must be Radditz! Bardock's oldest. He's in the study." The woman grinned. "It's nice to…run into…you like that."

"Sorry." He gave a sheepish smile and she laughed.

"I'm as much to blame. I know better than to hit a Saiya-Jin. Hard as STONE, I tell you! Just like your brothers."

Radditz laughed and continued down the hall.

"Damn them!" Someone shouted in rage, Radditz recognized the voice as his father's.

"Father?" He entered the study and was shocked to see his father's face dark with rage.

"They are voting tomorrow on the ki collar issue. Curse them!" He growled.

"What? I'm not ever free! I can't believe this!" Radditz yelled.

"Hey, I'm working on it!" Bardock scowled.

"Not you. Them! I ought to blast them to HFIL!" Radditz was trying to stay fairly calm. Shouting would not help.

"I'm so sorry about this, my son."

"So am I, Otousan. So am I."
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

The entire house crowded around the Television, tension evident on their features. This vote decided their lives. The head leader of the senate came on screen and cleared his throat. "It was decided that all slaves must wear the collar at all times unless being training for fighting. It is also decided that the same rules apply to all freed slaves for five years after their release. That time will be doubled should the slave have an offense against him or her. This law applies if the natural ki level of the slave is over forty and they are over five years of age."

The shock was written on all of their faces and tears on quite a few. Chichi and Bulma held each other tight and sobbed for not only their mates but for their children as well.

As though to agree, the heavens opened and it began to rain. The tears of the angels.
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

They'd been forced to go to town square to get their collars replaced so everyone in the two could see their shame. Kakarotto bowed his head as he went up to the block to get his collar. "Kneel, boy." The man snarled. Without replying, Kakarotto did as asked. The heavy metal collar encircled his neck and closed with an audible click.

His power was thrust back down to the below twenty and he rose, dizzy and disoriented from the power change. He'd grown used to having his power back and now he missed it all the more. Turlis was next, also kneeling before the man, head bowed in shame. Vegita followed Turlis, all three blinking back unshed tears.

And the rain poured from the heavens in a river of angels tears.
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

"They can't DO this!" Chichi was screaming, at their home. They can't put you back into those things! They can't!"

"They are afraid of a rebellion after what happened on that bitch's farm." Kakarotto explained. "I don't mind. Really." The words sounded hollow, almost as though they were to convince himself as much as her.

"Liar." She began to cry. "They'll take every thing from us. And I can do nothing to stop it."

"I know, Chichi. I know." Her tears fell like rain. The tears of his angel.
~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~ ~~*~~

Both their children were born sometime later, and on that day, a day which would have been happiness had the law been different or the Saiya-Jins a little older, rain fell. The tears of the angels.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~

(A/N) Well, it's done! *sniffs* I don't believe it's finished! BUT, I have the sequel started! And, I'll post that here today too! Remember, flamers get blasted to HFIL by Karot-chan and Veggie-kun, and Reviewers get s'mores! Anyone want to donate marshmellows?
LATER!

~*~ Lady Foeseeker ~*~