Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My All ❯ My All ( One-Shot )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: My All

Author: Killarri

Rating: R

Summary: Song fic to Mariah Carey's "My All" set after Vegeta dies against Buu.

Warnings: A little language, not much though. Pretty angsty so it's kind of depressing

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ. Maybe I'll find a genie someday, and then I will, but until then, I don't own it.

I'm thinking of you

In my sleepless solitude tonight

If it's wrong to love you

Then my heart won't ever let me be right

I tossed and turned in the bed for hours before finally giving up. It wasn't surprising to me since I didn't get a minute of sleep last night either. It's been two days. Two miserable days since Vegeta died, sacrificing his life to stop Majin Buu. Two days since I watched my husband kill hundreds of innocents at the tournament. Thank Kami that Trunks wasn't there to see that. My son sees his father as a hero and I wouldn't want that to ever change. And despite the fact that he easily killed them, I still can't hate him. I just can't.

Cause I've drowned in you

And I won't pull through

Without you by my side

As much as I can't forget the last few minutes of his existence, I also can't forget the previous seven years. Although he never said it, I always felt like he loved me and that was why he stayed. He was a husband and a father. Sure, he wasn't always a loving husband and father, but he stayed and that was good enough for me. Except, I remind myself, he didn't stay. He died. It's too much for me to handle and I curl into a ball sobbing. I need him. As much as I'd hate to admit that I don't want to live without him, I still can't deny the fact that I need him.

I'd give my all to have

Just one more night with you

I'd give my all to feel

Your body next to mine

I'd give anything to have him here with me now. To be able to look into those smoldering obsidian orbs and tell him how much I love him. To be able to kiss him and touch his bronze skin. To participate in that blissful merging of body and soul where every touch ignites a fire and every caress is feather soft.

Cause I can't go on

Living in the memory of your song

I'd give my all for your love tonight

How long will I end up existing like this? Vegeta's already been brought back by the dragon balls once; he can't be brought back again. I have to face the facts. My prince is gone, never to return. I sob even harder now at the thought. I don't know if I can do this. Raise my son alone. Live life without him. Sure another me did it in an alternate time, but I don't think I can.

Baby can you feel me

Imagining I'm looking in your eyes

I can see you clearly

Vividly emblazoned in my mind

I calm my sobs slightly and decide to concentrate on the good memories of my prince. I had seven years with my soul mate, more than most people get. Closing my eyes, my thoughts drift to our first kiss and I smile slightly. It was a hot July day, and I knew that the gravity chamber was more like an oven, so I decided to be nice and take some lemonade out to him. I still remember the absolute confusion on his face as I explained why I did it. He was utterly baffled that someone would want to do something nice for him, especially since it was me. I remember smiling at him and turning to leave the chamber before a soft grip on my arm stopped me. Turning around, I looked at him confused. Staring into my eyes, he didn't say anything as he slowly lowered his lips on to mine. The kiss was gentle, but entirely too short, only a few seconds. He backed away looking appalled, and I left the gravity chamber with a hint of a smile on my face. It's something I'll never forget. It was that day when I started seeing Vegeta as more than just the sexy yet annoying houseguest.

And yet you're so far

Like a distant star

I'm wishing on tonight

As the memory fades from my minds eye, I quickly clamor out of the way too big for one person bed and hastily pull on a long white robe. Quietly, I sneak out of my temporary room on the Lookout and walk to the edge. Sitting not quite at the edge but close enough, I look down on the chaotic world beneath. Majin Buu was still down there somewhere reeking havoc. It's not fair, I thought. Why do we always have to deal with evil murdering maniacs? "Oh Vegeta," I sigh looking up at the twinkling starts in the night sky, "How am I ever going to do this without you?"

I'd give my all to have

Just one more night with you

I'd give my all to feel

Your body next to mine

Once again withdrawing into the recesses of my mind, the memories fly at me. This time it's our wedding night. It wasn't the first time we were together or anything. Trunks was already a year and a half old when we got married. But it was the first time that he ever made love to me so tenderly, so lovingly. I always knew that he was a man of action, and I knew that even though he never said it out loud, his actions told me that he loved me. And that night was the first night I could say without hesitation that that man loved me.

Cause I can't go on

Living in the memory of our song

I'd give my all for your love tonight

I remember practically everything. Every touch, every smile, every laugh, every argument, and every tear I've cried for him. I'll never forget any of it. It was perfect, every bit of it, through thick and thin. As long as he was there, I could get through anything. Now I have to get through it without him.

I'd give my all to have

Just one more night with you

I'd give my all to feel

Your body next to mine

I'm going to cherish every memory I have because it's all I have left now. And the adorable living, breathing affirmation of our love. I'm going to cherish every moment I have with him too. The little boy so much like his father with that same penetrable stare even though he shares my eye color. His phenomenal strength and determination both came from the prince who sired him. But his gentle heart and fast mind came entirely from me. Trunks is the perfect mix of us both.

Cause I can't go on

Living in the memory of our song

I'd give my all for your love tonight

Give my all for your love

My biggest fear is that he's in hell, and when I finally die I won't be reunited with him. I'll be strong enough to live the rest of my life, for my son; but I know that I couldn't live without him for eternity. All I can do now is wait and hope. Once we beat Majin Buu, then we'll find a way to bring him back. I'm Bulma Briefs, Kami damnit, and I will not live out the rest of my life alone!

Tonight

AN: Wow, that one's being waiting to come out for a while. Anyway, so how was it? Please read and review!