Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ My Suru Lover ❯ How you look at things ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

HI again! I got a review from dragonheart287 that really motivated me to write another chapter. Hope you enjoy!

This chapter is rated PG13.

Chapter four: How you look at things

`No tumour' Goku though. He had left Vegeta at the med for the night after the doctors had asked to run tests on him. They had patched Vegeta up and made a scan at his skull, to confirm if Vegeta had a tumour or not. The result was negative. That was a relief for Goku.

"But that doesn't explain his behaviour. Vegeta is as normal as a Suru can be! He is healthy so what's wrong then?" Goku grumbled as he went to his bed. He stared at the ceiling, deep in thoughts. Tomorrow he would find out.

****

Vegeta awoke alone in a small metal cage. His mind registered the pain that ripped through his wounds. He was scared. Alone and scared.

Vegeta sat up and started to groom his tail. He would often do it to get relaxed. No, his master did it to him. Vegeta had always loved when his master had rubbed his tail and showered him with affection. Affection that Vegeta wanted to return. Now he wasn't sure if he wanted his master near. Vegeta felt betrayed by him. His master had left him in that room, alone with that horrid creature. The creature that had hurtled him.

Vegeta curled up against the bars. He wanted t be safe. He wanted to be alone, but he wanted to be with his master still. His master had been there for his all of his life. Goku had raised him, loved him and kept him protected. Vegeta let a tear fall. He couldn't see the truth. The truth of the difference between him and Goku.

****

Goku awoke with a start. He wasn't fully awake when he got dressed and started to walk to the med room. His thoughts all night had been on Vegeta. He was so worried that he didn't see Bulma, one of the doctors and scientists, walk towards him. That is until they collided.

"Off! Sir, please be careful in the halls. You aren't the softest person that I have rammed my nose into!" Bulma grunted as she pushed back her blue hair. Her blue eyes locked with Goku's as he mumbled an apologise. Bulma got up and gazed at him with a knowing look.

"It's Vegeta, isn't it?" she asked.

Goku's gaze fell to the white floors. It was as white as the lord that he served.

"Yeah. I haven't slept much tonight. I can't figure out what's wrong with him. If it's not a tumour, then what is it?" Goku asked as he stood.

Bulma shook her head. "Silly" she giggled and laid a hand on Goku's shoulder. "You know more about Sayajiins then I do. I though that you had figured that one out" she smiled softly. She had always liked the captain, he was so sweet that others in Freeza's army. She had known Goku from when he got his position as a captain and head breeder on this ship from the lord himself. She squeezed his shoulder a little.

"What do you mean?" Goku was confused. Bulma always explained things in riddles. `What does she mean? What have my knowledge of Sayajiins have to do with this?' he wondered as he looked Bulma deep in the eyes.

Bulma took the captain's hand and led hi of to her office.

****

Vegeta paced in his small cage. He was restless. His wandering was ripping on his wounds, but he felt that was the only thing he could do for now. He had never been locked up in such a small cage before in his life. The doctors that was in the room was aware of Vegeta's boredom but they didn't have anything to relive him from it. Vegeta finally sat down. Before him was a plate with fruit and some raw meat. Vegeta loved raw meat. It was the taste of the blood that so nicely flowed down on his tong that made him love it. This meat however was drugged with painkillers. Vegeta knew better that to eat it. He couldn't see that the drugs would make the pain go away for a while, so he ignored it and lay down on his side. Goku was the one that had taught him how to smell poison. Goku, master… and something more. That was Vegeta's thoughts for the time being.

What was Goku to him? An enemy? A food source? Or was he his mate? Vegeta rally didn't know….

****

Goku sipped the coffee that Bulma brought him. The scientist was sipping hers as well. They sat in her office, a small room with a lot of papers taking over most of the space. She didn't keep anything personal in here, only work stuff.

"So, tell me" Goku broke the silence. He saw Bulma's eyes light up as she threw him a paper fold. Goku looked at the bundle, back at Bulma, then to the bundle again. "And this is?"

"Goku, Goku. Those papers are what you wrote about Sayajiins when you first saw them. Don't you remember?" she told him as she scanned through another paper, looking like she knew all the facts that Goku didn't know of.

"No, I don't… Gomen!" Goku laughed and rubbed a hand at the back of his head.

"Before Sayajiins were to be tame, they lived on Vegetsaii. The Sayajiins lived in couples: Sayajiin and Suru. The couple would live together for as long as they walked, meaning, they mated for life. To break a bound like that was impossible. That is until you showed up. When you started to breed on the Sayajiins, you kind of forced them to mate unnaturally. A Suru is supposed to have ONE mate, no more. In different cases, Surus have lived like they should have done in the wild. They only mate with the SAME Sayajiin, never accepts new mates. Those Surus are put down and the gene dies. Mostly, those Surus are raised by us. Hand raised Surus, like Vegeta, can start to look at you as a life mate" Bulma explained.

Goku was wide eyed. "So you mean…?"

"Yes. Goku, Vegeta has only known you during his childhood. When he became of age, you were the one with him. Vegeta should have been with other Surus at that time. Vegeta will never accept another mate as long as you are with him. That makes Vegeta a burden science he never can have cubs with a Sayajiin"

Goku though hard. What Bulma had said was true. Vegeta had shared his bed at nights and shown Goku so much love… "How could I have been so blind? Bulma, please tell me"

"You have always said that Vegeta is special to you. Believe it or not, but I think that you care more for him than just pet and master"

"You mean I love him? Like love love?" Goku asked. He knew that his bound to Vegeta was more then he wanted to admit.

"I think so. You have told me that you never liked girls, right? You have a thing for men, but only Vegeta seems to tickle your fancy!" Bulma beamed.

"BULMA!?"

"You know that I m right! Now go to him… Vegeta has never liked small spaces…"

****

Goku slowly opened the med room door. He was nervous. He knew somehow that Vegeta was angry at him. He was angry at himself. Slowly, so not to scare Vegeta, he made his way to his cage.

Vegeta looked so miserable. He had tangles in his mane and his tail was rubbed furless and redness shined through the skin. Vegeta's eyes followed Goku's movements, and he backed away from the bars as Goku drew near. When he hit the far wall, he crouched and waited.

Goku swallowed the lump in this throat. Tears were almost spilling over his cheeks as he looked Vegeta deep in the eyes. Sitting down with his back to the bars, he started to whisper softly to Vegeta, just as he had done any other night.

"Vegeta. I know that you hate me for doing what I did. I can't tell you how sorry I m. You are so special to me, you know? I never wanted to hurt you. Raddiz… Raddiz is not to be blamed here. I m to blame. I should have seen your needs, read your thoughts like I did when you were a cub" Goku chuckled, not looking at Vegeta. "I have treated you like no one else. You are my sunshine, Vegeta. You were always there for me, but when you need me where am I? Behind a glass wall, looking at your pain. Raddiz is though put out of breeding. That does not, however, kill the fact that I hurtled you. I m sorry, Vegeta. I'll send you away from here. Away from me. I can't stand the fact that you hate me… gomen…"

Goku rose and his fingers trailed the bars coolness. He sighed and slowly walked to the door, never once looking back at Vegeta.

"You will hopefully like being a hunter…" he whispered low to himself.

"Why?"

Goku stopped dead in his tracks. What the?!?!

Goku spun on his heel. His eyes fell directly on Vegeta, who had crawled to the front bars and staring back at Goku with tear filled eyes.

"Did you say something, Vegeta….?" `I must be crazy! Vegeta can't talk! That's impossible!' Goku shouted in his mind.

Vegeta just gazed at him. The he opened his mouth and with a whisper lower then the birds wing beats:

"Why….alone… me?"

Goku stared in shock.

Vegeta had spoken.

****

Ya, another chapter done! Ok I know that this chapter suck, It's WAAAYYY to fluffy! I have never written anything like this! I suck!

Next chapter: Goku brings Vegeta back to his room and Vegeta's heat is hotter then ever. But, isn't Vegeta pregnant with Raddiz cubs?