Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Mysterious Depths ❯ Chapter 1

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Author's Note: Okay folks. I am back again with another Bulma/Vegeta story, but it is totally OUT there! I came up with this watching one of my new favorite animes Mermaid Melody and decided to write an fanfic to it. Another thing. I DO NOT own Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT or it's characters. I also do not own Mermaid Melody. On with the story.

The young blue haired girl walked along the coast, her cerulean eyes taking in all the sights around her as the sun sank into the sea. She had just turned ten and she had been given permission to go on land. As she wandered around the land her blue tail danced behind her. Truth be told this young girl was a cross breed. She was part Mermaid and part Sayian-jin. Her name was Bulma. Her story was not uncommon. Mer-people were allowed to come on land after they turned eighteen. If they fell in love with a human they were allowed to mate or marry them, but they could not tell their loved one of their true nature unless the person figured it out for themselves. If the Mer-person told them then they would turn into bubbles. Bulma's mother had left the sea behind when she turned eighteen and at the age of twenty had fell in love with this man. They had mated and then he was called away from her to go back home. Even though she loved him, she would not leave Planet Earth to go with him. He left her behind even though he really did not want to. Months later her mother found that she was with child and returned to the sea. Her family and friends welcomed her back with open arms. Bulma grew up in a loving home, but she felt a yearning for something more and so here she was, looking for that something. Bulma does not know that she is a half breed.
'Too bad I am only allowed twenty-four hours on land,' she thought sadly as she headed toward a forest near the water. 'I know that I feel a little more complete up here, but there is still something missing.' She continued to walk until she heard grunting. 'Hmmmm... I wonder what that is?' she thought as she moved closer to the sounds. She came to a clearing where a young man was punching the air. His hair was black and stood straight up like a flame. He wore what appeared to be armor around the top part of his body and the rest was black fabric. She knew of some of the things from her studies of humans underwater. He wore white gloves and white boots. As she watched the boy punch at the air she wondered who he was and what he was doing. Suddenly the boy turned to her, his emotionless onyx eyes stared into her curious cerulean ones.
"Who are you?" he inquired as he moved toward her. Bulma said nothing as she stared at him in awe, his eyes making her stand stiff. "Girl, who are you?" Finally coming out of her stupor she blinked.
"Me? My name is Bulma. Who are you and what are you doing?"
"Though it is no concern of yours who I am I will tell you any way. I am the Sayian-jin no Ouji." Bulma looked at him questionably. "Prince Vegeta," he said clarifying himself.
"Wow!" she gasped, her eyes shining with amazement. "You're a prince!?" Vegeta then noticed the blue tail that flickered behind her. He almost reached out to touch it, but stopped himself.
"You are Sayian-jin?" Bulma shook her head. "You have a tail," he pointed out as he looked down at the appendage. Bulma frowned.
"I am-" she stopped herself before she blurted out her secret. She did not want to become bubbles at such a young age. "I am a human," she said. Vegeta shook his head.
"Humans do not have tails." Bulma looked confused.
"Yes they do!" she protested. Vegeta smirked.
"Iie, they do not. Where did you learn such shit?" Bulma frowned.
"My mother told me."
"Well, your mother told you lies. You are a Sayian-jin from Planet Vegeta-sei. The coloring of your tail is off so you must be a half breed, but you are still a Sayian." Bulma looked perplexed for a moment.
'Why would mother lie about such things? Why didn't she tell me that I was a Sayian?' She looked up at Vegeta. "I wish I had more time to learn about my parentage, but I must return to the s- my home," she corrected herself. She turned to leave, but was stopped by a hand on her right arm. She turned to look at the prince. "Nani?"
"What do you mean? It is only beginning to turn to night. Why can't you stay?" Bulma looked down toward the sea.
"I am only allowed out on this day until I turn eighteen. This day was a gift form tenth birthday." She looked up at him sadly. "I am not full Sayian and my other parentage has different rules so I must follow them or bad things will happen to me." Vegeta released her, but not before saying one last thing to her.
"I will be back in eight years. Meet me here." He pulled a gold ring off his finger and placed it on her left hand on the ring finger. She looked up at him and nodded. With that she turned and left the forest as Vegeta shot up into the sky before he flew off in the opposite direction of her. Bulma ran to the sea and with one last tearful look at the sky she walked into the cool waters before disappearing below the sea.