Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Never Lose ❯ Chapter 1: Good bye Pan ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Never Lose"

A Trunks/Pan fic by Pixie

Author's Note: This is my newest story; yes it is Trunks and Pan. The story is Pan is attending college in America, and has not been contacting her family in Japan. When Trunks' business takes him to America, he discovers why.

Chapter One: Good-bye Pan!!

Pan's POV

When you're little, and you get hurt or something, you cry really loudly. You want to be held and loved and comforted. You want the attention and love that only your mother and father can give to you. When you get a bit older, you stop crying. You want to be strong, and be known as "Daddy's Big Girl" When you get hurt, you bite your lip, and think of your Daddy. You know he wouldn't cry, so you gotta "suck it up" and be strong. But eventually the crying returns. You don't cry loudly anymore. Because this is when you learn true unhappiness, and it hurts more than any skinned knee you might have had. Your tears are silent, each one washing out your secrets making you feel better, but more vulnerable with each falling tear. My mother cried when I left for America. Silent tears, in my dad's arms. I knew she was truly sad, because she hid her tears from me. She did not want the vulnerability that tears gave her. So she hid her tears. Bulma too, hid her tears, but not in Vegeta's arms. No, he wanted to give her comfort, but the pride of a Saiyin held him back. Instead, Trunks and Bra held her. Being demi-saiyins they had their pride and did not often show their mother affection. But in times, the human emotions overcome the Saiyin ones and you see then, that the Briefs family truly loves one another. Chi-Chi did not have anyone to hold her. Goku was gone. Krillan tried, being a friend of family, put his arm around her, but she was too sad to even hide her tears. Marron, who was perhaps my best friend, could not even look at me. She clung to her mother, and looked as if she would never let go. Seeing them like that, brought up a great sadness in me, the greatest sadness I had ever felt. Throughout the rest of my life, I would only feel one sadness greater than that…

Goten's POV

I showed up just as Pan was about to leave. "Wait a sec!" I ran through the crowd, pushing my way to Pan. "Hey girl, where do you think you're going?" Pan grinned our famous Son grin. Looking at her, I loved seeing my expression on her face. In a way, I was trying to replace Goku. I knew this was just like something he would do, show up late with his big grin on his face and wonder why no one had waited for him. I knew, out of all of the Son's, I was the most like Goku. And so I practically became Goku. I walked right up to my mother and smiled at her, giving her a big hug. "For a second," she whispered, "I thought you were Goku." I grinned at her, feeling proud. I loved being Goku. I looked around, seeing everyone's mood improved. Bulma and my mom had stopped crying, at least. Only Vegeta's mood had not changed. He was still being Vegeta. Oh well, can't win them all, but the least you can do is never lose. Pan ran around, and gave everyone one last hug. Yes even Vegeta. He shocked us all when he hugged her back. However he quickly became the proud Sayian again, and told her to "go before she missed her damn plane" Pan hugged me last, and whispered "Thank you" before going off on her plane. She flashed the Son grin one more time. It would be years before I saw that grin again. Everyone seemed down again. Hmm…what would Goku do? Suddenly I stopped listening to my brain and listening instead to the most important part of my body.

"Hey guys, how `bout we all go out and get some food? Trunks' treat!" Everyone laughed, except Trunks who paled, and Vegeta who clapped his hand on his son's shoulder and said, "Yes, boy lets go out to eat. After all, good-bye's make me very hungry." And I knew, I'd become Goku there, which was a very good thing. The second good thing was Bra held my hand!

Chi-Chi's POV

Seeing Goten come dashing through the clouds was truly seeing Goku again. And the way he acted, just like his father. And of course, ending the day with food. How typical of him. Pan too, had been like Goku in a way. Not so much as personality wise, but she had his smile. I would miss her coming over, complaining, "I shoulda taught Gohan to cook" or "I can't even identify what Videl made…and I'm a Sayian too!!" She talked a lot, mostly about the future. She wanted to grow up so fast, and not be the youngest and weakest anymore. I used to imagine that she and Trunks would get married, and have beautiful strong demi-sayians for me to love and hold. But I am old and there do not appear to be hints of romance between the too. But perhaps I am not that old, and perhaps I will live to see the day when the Briefs and Sons are finally a united family.

Author's Note: Well this is the beginning.

Goten: Duh.

Pixie: Yes, but I was going to go on.

Goten: Then do so, and hurry up, I'm hungry.

Pixie: Ok. In the next chapter-

Goten: I finally get some food, Pan starts college. Now go make me a sandwich.

Pixie: No. Not until you address me properly.

Goten: Oh Pixie, Princess of the Fan Fics, can I please have a sandwich?

Pixie: That's better.

Goten: Why aren't you Queen of the Fan Fics? How come only a Princess?

Pixie: Cause Klara and AMCM are the queens.

Goten: We'll write better than them someday!!

Pixie: No we wont.

Goten: Yeah you're right. Lets go get some sandwiches.

-Fin-