Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ On a Thin Line ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ…maybe that's why I write about it?

Author's Notes: Pointless, all of my stories are so pointless. So that's why I'm writing this story. Maybe I needed another pointless story and this one just happened to pop in my head while I was listening to my Staind CD. Yeah, that's it, the story popped into my head while I was listening to music. Anyway, forward and onward with this story.

Prologue

Onyx eyes glittered savagely in the semi-dark halls of the prison as they darted back and forth, watching the wardens making their rounds. Those determined eyes took note of every fault in each of the wardens and scrutinized their firearms for accessibility in case he found a way to escape. Hearing voices coming from another hall, he moved back away from the barred door and watched, angrily, as a small group of aliens stopped in front of his block.

One of the aliens, his parole officer, was a namekian named Piccolo. He was the first one to speak to someone hidden behind the rest of the group. "Block 651C, prisoner, Prince Vegeta of Vegeta-sei. He was a ruthless killer when we brought him in here three years ago and he hasn't seemed to change since them. Under the command of Frieza, he had decimated two hundred planets and caused the extinction of 645 different races of aliens. Thanks to him, the Herotic galaxy doesn't even exist anymore and 51 trading ports won't let anyone with saiya-jin blood in them land in their docking bays."

One of the other aliens, who were accompanying the person in the back, sneered and put his face up to the bars. "He doesn't look like much."

Moving so quickly that the offensive alien didn't see him, Vegeta grabbed the creature by his scaled neck and dug his fingers into the larger man's spinal cord.

The alien started screaming in pain and terror as he felt vertebrae beginning to crack beneath the immense pressure the smaller alien was exerting.

Grinning, Piccolo ignored the screams and continued talking. "He knows several thousand different ways to kill almost every species of alien, including my own, and has been known to attack the other prisoners when they get too close to him. This is why we keep him isolated, three cells away from the others. Occasionally we'll get one that can sneak past his anger for a few months, but they're always moved before long. Those cuffs you see him wearing are ki-blocking cuffs and they keep him from using the more deadly attacks on our guards and other prisoners."

A very loud cracking noise was heard as the scaled alien's screams suddenly stopped, leaving the prison quiet.

Dropping the corpse onto the floor, Vegeta moved back into hiding again and resumed glaring at the speechless remainders of the visiting aliens.

Clearing his throat, Piccolo resumed speaking. "He is now thirteen years old and has more death penalties over his head than any of the other inmates. The only one to exceed him in those would be Frieza but no one had caught him yet."

There was a soft sigh from the back of the group, causing the other aliens to part out of the way, revealing a small girl with a huge grin on her face. "Can I adopt him?"

A huge sweat drop appeared on the side of his face as he looked down at the girl. "You can't adopt criminals."

Pouting, the girl gave him puppy-dog eyes, her brown eyes glistening piteously. "Please?"

"No."

"Pretty please with sugar and cherries on top?"

"It's against all the regulations and codes."

"I promise to take good care of him and make sure he doesn't do anything bad."

"Well…no, what the heck am I thinking? You can't adopt a prisoner and that's final."

Large brown eyes filled with tears only seconds before one of the most heart-wrenching bawling sessions started at full force.