Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ On a Thin Line ❯ Whispers ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ and I never will…sigh…

Author's Notes: So, did you guys like the first chapter? I hope you did because I'll have just finished writing this chapter when I finally upload it.

Chapter One: Whispers…

"Your words to me just a whisper. Your face's so unclear. I try to pay attention your words just disappear. Cause it's always raining in my head…"

Staring out the windows of a large spacecraft, Piccolo sighed then glanced back at the killer he'd been assigned to keep an eye on. He couldn't believe that the small girl had talked him into letting her take the prince out of prison and board her ship. Although the prince still had his ki blocking cuffs on, he was still wary of him in case he decided to kill them all in their sleep. He also didn't like how the girl child clung to the prince's side and wouldn't leave him be for a single second. It was like she didn't want him out of her sight and wasn't going to give up her only chance to learn more about the saiya-jins. From what he had learned so far, she had had her run-ins with the saiya-jin race and was eager to find out more about them, even if it meant staying near the cold-blooded killer. Sighing again, he resumed staring out into the inky vastness that surrounded them.

Smiling cheerfully, the girl watched her newfound possession with keen interest and an analytical sense that had astounded the prince when she told him exactly what he was projecting every time he looked at someone. "You're angry again Fluffy."

Growling softly at the stupid name she had insisted on giving him, he glared at her then returned to his eating, intent on ignoring her.

"You hate being here too, why is that? In a sense you are quite free…you can do whatever you like."

Growling again, he lifted his gaze from his food, allowing her to see the bloodlust that filled his eyes. "Short of killing you, I couldn't be happier being out of that godforsaken prison."

"You want to kill me?"

"Nothing would give me more pleasure than ripping you to shreds until you're crying for mercy and begging me to end it all. I'd let you heal and recover before starting over again, this time breaking every bone in your body. Then I would let you heal from that and skin you alive before tossing you out of the ship and watching your body implode from the extreme lack of oxygen in space."

"Sounds like fun, when do we start?"

Choking on his meal, he stared at the girl, wondering if her brain had been fried when she was a baby. "You can't be serious?"

Grinning, she winked then stood up and moved closer to him. "I'll give you one chance to kill me and then we'll play dress-up. You can try on all of the pretty dresses I found in another galaxy and I'll do your makeup."

Weighing his options, he shrugged then stood up and crossed his arms over his chest. "What if I choose not to kill you right now?"

Pouting, she gave him those killer puppy-dog eyes and watched his face contort with the myriad of emotions that went through his mind. "But I want to die, it sounds like so much fun. I've heard that heaven is fascinating…although I want to visit hell for a while. No one knows much about it and…I want to see it for myself."

"You're crazy aren't you?"

"Huh?" Staring at him in blank confusion, she barely registered the fact that he had moved until he grabbed her by her neck. "Ouch."

"Are you fucking crazy kid? Why do you want to die and see what the hell heaven and…hell look like?"

"I'm curious of new things."

Sneering in disgust, he dropped her on the floor then yelped when she jumped up and hugged him tightly around his waist. "Get off of me."

"You're such a good friend Fluffy, I knew you weren't going to kill me."

"Stop calling me Fluffy!"

"Aw, but why Fluffy?"

Growling loudly, he started walking away, very much aware that she was still clinging to his waist with a death grip that could put Frieza's tail to shame. "Let go now."

"Come on Fluffy, you owe me a game of dress up."

"I do not owe you any such thing."

"You do too. You tried to kill me and you didn't and now you owe me a game of dress up."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

Grabbing her and lifting her so that her nose was inches from his, he growled loudly. "No."

Smiling cheekily, she ruffled his hair. "Yes."

"I said no and I will not degrade myself to ever play dress up with a child."

Her eyes started watering…

Twenty minutes later…

Growling choice obscenities under his breath, he tried to ignore her as she put finishing touches on his mascara then looked at himself in the mirror when she moved away for him to see. "Oh my god…"

Hearing the prisoner's cursing from where he was standing, Piccolo looked up in alarm then ran in the direction he heard their voices coming from. What he saw when he reached the room shocked him to no end. "Oh my god…"

Vegeta was wearing a royal blue dress that flowed to the floor in watery waves of silk, surrounding him in a pool of the delicate cloth. His lips had been painted in a fiery red that actually did justice to his bronze skin…and lord; his cheeks were highlighted with a becoming shade of pink. If someone didn't know better, they would have thought he was a girl with very strange hair and a foul mouth. Although the finishing touch was the clip on earrings and blue ribbon tied on top of his head…if his father could see him now, he knew that he'd be laughing his sorry ass off until he couldn't see straight.

"Isn't Fluffy pretty?" Smiling at her handiwork, the girl curtsied and skipped off to find her own dress.

Glaring at his parole officer, he shot mental daggers at him, his arms crossed over his chest angrily. "You are so going to pay for this."

Biting back a laugh, Piccolo failed and eventually fell to the floor with his laughing. He hadn't seen something like this in a very, very long time. The hardened criminal looked like a proper girl and was definitely less than thrilled with the prospect.