Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ On a Thin Line ❯ A Beautiful Distraction ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ…

Author's notes: I know, I should never have put Vegeta in a dress but I couldn't help it. I had warned him the last time he acted up that he'd get stuck in a dress in one of my stories. Luckily, I know his measurements…but they're a secret, shhh…I can't tell anyone else. (grins)

For my reviewer Sam: She's an OC and yes, she does get whatever she wants…within reason. Her problem is that she doesn't know when she reaches the limit of getting what she wants.

Chapter Two: A Beautiful Distraction…

They had been traveling for several weeks with very few problems, barring the games of dress up and one game of twister that Piccolo had denied ever losing, before reaching a very small planet known as Dream. Although Vegeta…Fluffy…wasn't allowed on very many planets, he was given a pardon for this particular one because of the girl he was with. Apparently she was very well known on Dream and was shown as much respect as royalty. Unfortunately, as it always goes, something went wrong…very wrong.

"Come on Fluffy, we're going shopping and I'll buy you a new dress to replace the one that disappeared." The girl smiled charmingly at her adopted prisoner then grabbed his hand and started dragging him around the large mall she had somehow managed to find on the planet.

"I don't want a new dress, I'm a man, not a doll."

"Silly Fluffy, you aren't a man yet."

Growling obscenities in different languages, he earned several shocked looks from other patrons then glared at each one as he passed them. If he could just get past those damn puppy dog eyes he'd be able to kill the little brat and escape the ever-watchful eye of his parole officer. However, she was good at those faces and he couldn't help but do whatever she wanted.

"Here we are!"

Looking up at the store she had gone into, his eyes grew wide with fright as he desperately started backing away. "No, not this store!!"

In the store there was everything a little girl could desire…dolls, dresses, twenty displays of makeup, cute shirts, and so many pairs of pants that it was pathetic.

Two hours and forty-seven dresses later…

They walked out of the mall, each of them bearing at least eight bags of clothing, shoes, and other accessories. Not to mention the new microwave they had to get so that Fluffy could heat up more food if he needed it. And unfortunately, he always needed more food.

Talking quietly with several other aliens was a young girl with bright blue eyes and beautiful aqua colored hair. She was one of the prettiest humans ever to visit the planet and happened to be there for business negotiations with her father. Another thing about her was that she had attracted the attention of the saiya-jin prince as they made their way to their ship.

The girl never noticed that his eyes had wandered towards the older humanoid until he stopped walking with them. Turning back and looking at him curiously, she followed his line of sight then sighed sadly and shook her head. "Fluffy has a crush."

"Hmm?" Looking down at the small girl, Piccolo frowned before realizing what the killer was staring at. "She is beautiful."

"Yeah…"

"She can't take him you know…he belongs to you by law until you give him up freely."

"No…he doesn't belong to me, you told me I couldn't adopt him so he's not really mine."

"So you're going to give him up to someone else, just like that?"

"Why not? He's not happy with me and I do make him wear absurd outfits."

"Huh?"

Smiling sadly, she looked up at the tall namekian, her big brown eyes shining with tears. "I'm not very nice to him am I?"

"No, I suppose you aren't."

"So if she wants him I should let her have him."

"No tears this time?"

"Nah, he's a big boy." Her smile died for a second, which was all that it took to surprise the saiya-jin when he looked back at them.

Frowning, he walked over to the two waiting and glared at them when they stared at him expectantly. "What? Why the hell aren't we going anywhere?"

"She thinks you'd be happier if she let you go off and do what you like."

Rolling his eyes, he turned his gaze to the small girl and watched her cheeks turn bright red with embarrassment. "You're a very strange being."

"No I'm not."

"You cry a lot."

"No I don't."

"You whine and throw temper tantrums when you don't get your way."

"Na uh."

"And you are very controlling."

"Yep, that's why I'm alive."

"Finally and agreement on something. Come on, we're going back to the ship and we can talk about this whole letting me go thing later."

"Promise?"

"I swear, now come on kid."

"K." Following him to the ship, she never questioned his authority, causing him to wonder what else was going through her mind.

"Hmm…" He'd worry about that when she went to sleep.