Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ On a Thin Line ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ but I do own the girl…she's a free character, what can I say?

Author's Note: I'm so sorry about not updating this story earlier, I haven't been in much of a writing mood…more of a cut and paste if you ever read my Scenes story.

Chapter Three: Down the road again…

Days flew by, turning into months, then into two years and Vegeta was nearing his fifteenth birthday…also dreading every waking moment since he knew the girl wouldn't leave him alone unless he participated in the useless party she was throwing for him. They had all landed on the planet she called home, otherwise known as Earth and were, at the moment, in the process of another painful shopping trip that he knew was going to end in disaster. When bad things happened, everything came at once instead of a little at a time as it did with normal people. Unfortunately, they weren't normal and their disasters always struck at the most inopportune times.

"I've gotta get some female stuff, you two better not go anywhere." Glaring at her pet prisoner, and his parole officer, she watched them deflate and look down at their feet sheepishly. "I know you're planning something together so don't think you're going to get away with it."

Rolling his eyes, he started eyeing the nearby stores then grinned evilly when one store in particular caught his fancy. During all of the other shopping trips, she had dragged him to her favorite stores, not really giving him a chance to look around. Now that she was leaving him alone for a little while, he finally found something to suit his personality. "No blowing things up or killing people…I know that."

"Good." Turning around, she walked off towards a small convenience store.

"Come on green bean, we're going shopping."

Piccolo's face fell with those words. How he dreaded the thought of shopping with anyone.

Music blared out of the myriad of speakers hidden throughout the store, a deafening shriek to anyone with sensitive ears. The song being played, however, fit his mood perfectly.

"Let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the…FLOOR! One, there's nothing wrong with me, Two, there's nothing wrong with me, Three, there's nothing wrong with me…AHHHH!"

He grinned, his tail twitching absently behind him as he scanned the shelves for something new and exciting to wear. Hopefully he'd find something that would give the girl a heart attack. Although as he knew it, she wasn't phased by anything he did. True, he had killed her pet goldfish a few weeks ago and caused her to hide in her room because of that…and he had accidentally forgotten to watch where he was stepping and broken the cat's tail. That had given him a horrible nightmare about a giant cat ripping his tail to shreds and he now watched where he was going, no matter how much of a hurry he was in. Spying a spike covered collar his grin widened ten-fold. He was definitely enjoying this store.

Walking back from the convenience center, the girl started searching for him in all of the stores until she headed outside and stared out into the dimly lit parking lot behind the mall. "Fluffy?" Hearing a noise, she smiled, thinking he was playing another trick on her, and started walking in the direction it had come from.

Walking out of his new favorite store, he held the precious bag of clothing and gothic articles against his chest, guarding it from anyone who might even consider taking it from him.

Piccolo frowned in thought as he scanned the halls around them then motioned for the young man to come over to him. "Where's the girl?"

"Why should I know? She left to take care of female matters and…"

"She should have been back about twenty minutes ago…while you were in that horror shop." The green man shuddered in remembrance of one of the songs played in there that had grated on his sensitive hearing. He definitely didn't want to go through that torture again.

"Fine, if you're so worried about her we'll go looking for the little pest." Rolling his eyes, he stared outside then frowned slightly as soon as he got out of the mall. Turning back to his parole officer, he met the taller alien's gaze. "Did you hear something?"

Narrowing his eyes, he listened carefully to what was going on around them then nodded. "Yeah, there's a couple doing that disgusting reproductive dance in the car down at the far end of the parking lot…another man making repulsive noises on his way into the mall and a kitten crying over by the docking bay."

"That's not what I heard…"

"Well don't ask me, I'm not sure what the hell you're hearing."

"Don't start with me green man, I'm not in the mood for…" His head whipped to one side. "There, I heard it again."

Sighing, he started listening to the noises then looked in the same direction the prince was staring in. "You're right, there's another group of people doing that disgusting reproductive dance in that van."

"That's not what I heard either…it sounded like something else." He started in the direction he'd been staring in then broke into a run.

"Now what?"