Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Only What You Can Give ❯ A Little Fun ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The next morning he found Bulma preparing breakfast. Silently she set a huge plate before him and began to fix something for herself. He ate slowly so that she would not have an excuse to eat elsewhere. After several minutes she sat down at the table with him.

"I read those books you gave me."

"Both?" She seemed surprised.

"Yes both. They were…enlightening. I rather like some of the strategies, and Achilles was certainly in interesting person as was Odysseus."

"Interesting is one way to put it." She was silent for a moment. "You remind me very much of Odysseus. You will do anything to attain your goal, except, I don't think you really know what your goal is. You want to be strong, Vegeta, but why? Power for power's sake is dangerous."

"I don't think you know what you're talking about."

Her eyes snapped up and her gaze held his. "Don't I? Earth's history is filled with men and woman who sought power and glory and misused it. Take the Red Ribbon Army. They would rule the world by enslaving it. Their ambitions drove them so far as to create these androids that you and Goku now have to kill. They have the power to inflict harm and have decided to use it, not to gain anything, but simply to prove that they have the power."

"That is different."

"Is it? You have the power to destroy this planet and every one on it, including Goku. There is no one here strong enough to stop you and Goku couldn't possibly get here in time, so why don't you?"

"It would not be honorable." He growled softly into his breakfast.

"So the beast knows of honor. I am impressed. Here I was thinking all you knew how to do was eat and fight. Imagine my shock last night when I found out you could read as well. You didn't strain yourself did you? I would hate for that great royal head of yours to be aching so."

He rose, slamming his fist through the table. "Watch your words, wench."

"Or what?" She glared up at him and he growled softly. "You have Achilles' temper, but I wonder if you don't have a weakness like his as well. I think I might already know what it is, but don't worry, Vegeta, I'll never tell anyone."

"Tell anyone what? You know nothing."

"Don't I? I'll tell you what I know. I know that even though you pretend, even though you fool everyone, even yourself, you can't help it. You care."

She rose, dropped her plate into the sink and walked out. Vegeta just watched her go. That had been the longest conversation he'd had with her ever since his arrival. It had told him as much about her as it had about himself. As much as he hated to admit it, she was right. He did care. Not about the things she thought, but he did care. He finished his breakfast and put his plate in the sink. On the way to the gravity chamber he paused. Perhaps he should show her why he did not wish this planet destroyed. Would she believe him? Would she think less of him? Why did he give a damn about what she thought?

He felt angry with himself and with her and decided that instead of doing or saying anything to her, he would do what he'd always done: tear something to pieces. He turned away from the gravity chamber and went back to his room where he changed into his street clothes. Black pants, a black T-shirt, and a leather jacket, despite the heat, provided him with the perfect disguise. He leapt skyward and soared over the city, trying to find a suitable place. He spotted a likely looking spot quickly. A large gathering of motorcycles and black clad men with their scantily clad women stood outside. He landed nearby and walked over.

The crowd did not give before him, despite how dangerous he looked. They were rather dangerous themselves and he was looking for an excuse. He got inside and looked around. There was a particularly large man, leaning heavily on the bar, two women under his arms. One had the same blue hair of Bulma. For some reason this bothered him even more than her words this morning, especially when the man leaned over and planted a sloppy kiss on the top of her breasts.

Vegeta walked up to the bar and ordered a bottle of whiskey. While it was no where near as strong as Eartian Fire Brandy, it would serve. He drank the whole bottle down in one gulp, earning several guffaws and a smattering of applause. He slammed the bottle down and growled for another one, pushing the money across the bar. He allowed the big man to see just how much he had before shoving the bundle into his jacket. He drank this bottle just as quickly, feeling the liquor burn its way down his throat and into his stomach. He was starting to feel the effects of the alcohol, though he knew it would be fleeting. His Saijin anatomy would process it too quickly for it to really have any lasting effect.

He heard the big man murmur something to one of the women and a blond sidled over to him. Purring soft compliments she reached to finger comb his hair. He gripped her wrist and tossed her back to her companion. Unperturbed she rose and walked over to him again. This time her hands sought the opening of his jacket. Once again he pushed her away without a word.

Now the big man said something to the blue-haired woman and she approached. Her hands slid inside his jacket and her body pressed against his. For a brief moment, Vegeta forgot that this was not Bulma and reached for her. He came back to himself with a growl, snatched the money she managed to extricate from his pocket, and shoved her so hard she slammed into the man and carried them both to the ground. The man roared as he came up, shoving both women into the bar. He charged Vegeta and Vegeta felt a cruel smile curl his lips. This was going to be fun.