Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Phantom Of The Opera: DBZ Style! ❯ Who's Who? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ or The Phantom of the Opera...stuff, (or whatever you call owning the play...I don't know!)

[Author's Note: You'd enjoy this fanfic much more if you actually seen the play (or heard the C.D. of it) 'Cause you'd understand and get a better picture on what's going on]

(the scene is at the school auditorium, and everyone is talking at once)

Katie: (stands up on a table) Ok people, may I have your attention please?

Everyone: (ignores Katie and keeps talking)

Katie: -.- I said, "May I have your attention, please?"!

Everyone: (keeps talking)

Katie: (teeth look like fangs) SHUT THE FRICK UP!!!! [yes, the word "Frick" was intentional. I don't like to use the other word much.]

Everyone: O.O ....eep.

Katie: *clears throat* Thank you....Ok, (holds up a clipboard) I have the list of the cast for "The Phantom of The Opera"! Now, mind you, It took me a hell of a time to decide on who's going to play who...So--

Krillin: Yeah, yeah, just tell us!

Katie: Watch it, buddy....I might change your part!

Krillin: O.O

Katie: OK! ^.^ I already gave some minor parts to some other kids who wanted to be in this, and--

Everyone: COME ON, ALL READY!!!

Katie: HEY, BE PATIENT!!!!! Goddamn it, there is so respect for me.....Ok, The main characters....(looks at the clipboard)....Raoul will be played by Trunks.

Trunks: ....*nods in agreement* I knew I'd get that part...

Katie: Heather will be Christine.

Heather: ^.^ Yea! I get to be with Trunks!

Vegeta: Please....Must you have those two together?

Katie: I'M THE DIRECTOR OF THIS DAMN PLAY, SO WHATEVER WHAT I SAY GOES! UNDERSTAND?!!!

Vegeta: *smirks* Ooo, I'm so scared of you yelling at me.....

Katie: *rolls her eyes* Whatever. (looks at the clipboard) Ok, where was I? Oh yes! Meg Giry will be played by Samantha.

Samantha ("Sam" for short): ^.^

Katie: Madame Giry will be played by Bulma.

Bulma: That's good part for me!

Katie: Carlotta will be played by Chi-Chi.

Chi-Chi: Isn't Carlotta the bitchy singer?

Katie: Well, yeah. I thought that'd be the perfect part for you. Carlotta is just like you...Without the frying pan.

Chi-Chi: Hmmm.....Ok! I'll play the part!

Katie: Yamcha is Piangi.

Yamcha: WHAT?!!

Sam: Oh come on, just play the part!

Yamcha:.....Ok.....

Katie: *smiles* .....Andre is going to be played by Goku.

Goku: *smiles his trademark smile*

Katie: Krillin is Firmin.

Goten: (hanging upside-down from a rope that is tied to the catwalk above the stage) Hey, that even rhymes!

Chi-Chi: Goten, get down from there!

Goten: But I'm one of the stage-hands, Mom!

Chi-Chi: I don't care! STOP DOING THAT, YOU'RE SCARING THE DAYLIGHTS OUT OF ME!

Goten:.....(climbs up the rope and is standing on the catwalk)...Shit.

Krillin: "Firmin"?

Katie: Yeah, Firmin is the second owner to the Opera House...The other owner is Andre.

Goku: Hey, we're partners!

Krillin: Mondo cool!

Katie: Here's some good news for you, Firmin's wife is played by 18.

18: Oh really?

Katie: *nods*

18: Ok.

Katie: And now....The moment you've been waiting for......The person who gets to play the part of The Phantom of The Opera himself! I had to decide between two guys here on who'd play this part...Believe me, it took me a loooong time! Both of them fit the part...But I had to choose one. So....*looks at Goku* Drum roll, please.

Goku: *imitates a drum roll by tapping/hitting the stage with his hands*

Katie: The person who will play the Phantom is....................

Everyone: *lean closer to Katie wide-eyed*

Readers: (that'd be you...Yes you!) *lean closer to their computer screen [Really, do that now.]*

Katie:................................Vegeta.

*Goku stops the drum roll*

Vegeta: (who wasn't part of the group that leaned closer to Katie) ....What?

Katie: You heard me. You're playing the part of the Phantom.

Vegeta:.......

Sam: Let me guess, you don't want to play the part.

Heather: Aw, c'mon, Vegeta! You get to wear a cape, and be all mysterious....Every character in the play fears the Phantom....

Vegeta: *raises an eye brow in interest*

Katie: But since you don't want to play the part, I'll assign the part to my second choice...Goku.

Goku: Hey great! I'm the Ph-

Vegeta: There is no way in Hell that I will allow Kakarot to take that part!!!!!

Heather: You have to have it, then.....And we all know how you want to surpass Goku and all....The Phantom is like THE main character.

Goten: (yet again hanging upside-down) Heather's right. I mean, the friggin' play is even named after the character!

Chi-Chi: (sees Goten hanging upside-down) GOTEN!!!

Goten: EEP! (gets back on the catwalk)......God, I can't do anything without her knowing!

Everyone: (except Chi-Chi & Goten).....*sweat drop*

Vegeta:.....Fine. I'll play the part.

Sam, Katie, and Heather: Yea!! ^.^

Vegeta: But I will not...I repeat, NOT sing!

Katie: (sits down on the stage and lowers her head) I had a feeling you'd say that.....Ok, so I've got someone to play the Phantom...But he won't frigging sing! Why play the part if you won't sing in the first place?!

Vegeta: Don't even give me your little sob stories...They won't--

Katie: SHIT!! Now how are we going to do this, huh?! You won't sing--

Vegeta: I MIGHT sing....Small parts.

Katie:....Oh NOW you change your mind! Ok, so you will sing the small parts...But what about the BIG parts! Like, for example: "The Music of The Night"?! You won't sing that, huh?!

Vegeta: No.

Katie: *throws her arms in the air* We're screwed!...No...I'M screwed! I promised the principal that I'd direct The Phantom of the Opera....And since YOU won't cooperate, I suffer!

Goku: Really?

Heather: Yeah, really. Katie told me about the deal she made with the principal....

(meanwhile backstage, Gohan is walking around *he's one of the stagehands*)

Gohan:....Hm? (picks up the script) Hey, the script!.....(reads it a little, then he gets to the song "The Music of The Night"...) Oh, I remember this song....I guess it won't hurt to sing a little...*clears his throat and starts to sing*

(Back in the front of the stage)

Katie: (still bitching about that Vegeta won't cooperate) And another thing!!--

Gohan: (backstage, singing in a rich, beautiful voice)......Let your mind

start a journey through a

strange new world!

Leave all thoughts

of the world

you knew before!

Let your soul

Take you where you

long to be!

Only then

can you belong

to me . . .

Floating, falling,

sweet intoxication!

Touch me, trust me

savor each sensation!

Let the dream begin,

let your darker side give in

to the power of the music that I write -

the power of the music of the night . . .

Everyone:.....*blinks in amazement*

Goten: *looking around* W-who was that?

Bulma: I don't know....Whoever it was....

Heather:.....He sung that beautifully!

Goku: It's the Phantom!

Vegeta: Kakarot, you are a dunce. There is no such thing as the Phantom of the Opera!

Chi-Chi: (bitch-slaps Vegeta) HOW DARE YOU CALL HIM A DUNCE!!!!

Krillin: Ha ha!

Gohan: (walks from backstage) Hey guys, what's up?

Yamcha: We just heard some guy sing part of the script.....

Gohan: "Some guy?" That guy was me! Sorry, if I interrupted anything...

Everyone: *their jaws drop* You sung that?!

Katie: *has a big smile on her face* Gohan?

Gohan: Yes?

Katie: That was the most beautiful singing I have ever heard!

Gohan: I-it was?

Sam: (hugs her boyfriend) Wow Gohan, I didn't know you could sing!

Gohan: Well, I just--

Katie: *looks at Vegeta* Vegeta, screw you. Gohan's the Phantom.

Trunks: O.O Katie, that was a stupid move!

Katie: I could care less! Vegeta won't hardly sing, but Gohan has the voice! He's playing the part in stead of Vegeta!

Vegeta: *growling and somehow controls himself not to beat Katie up*..........

Gohan: Me? Play the part of the Phantom?!

Sam: Yeah, wow that'd be so cool! You get to sing in front of all those people and...

Gohan: (voice is shakey) I-I c-c-can't do that......

Krillin: Why not?

Gohan:......I'll choke. I get stage fright....

Vegeta: *turns around and is holding back laughter*

Trunks: Well, that sucks.

Gohan: I can't play the part, Katie. I'm sorry.

Katie: That's ok! I got an idea anyway.....

Goten: *jokingly* Oh shit, Katie's got a plan!

Katie: *sticks her tongue out at Goten*....How about this: Vegeta will be the Phantom and sing some of the little parts, but Gohan will sing the bigger parts!

Goku: You mean Vegeta would have to lip sync the big parts?

Katie: *nods* Yep.

Everyone: *looks at Vegeta for his answer*

Vegeta: (thinks about the idea for a moment)........Ok. And where the hell is my costume?!

Katie: *jumps up on the stage* Yeeeeeeesss!! Ha ha! THE SHOW WILL GO ON!!! ^.^

Goten: (hanging on the curtain rope) Yeah, the show'll-- (his weight makes the rope go down and the curtain starts to fall)...Uh-oh.

Katie: (the curtain falls on her) AAAHHH!!

Goten: Sorry!

Katie: (on the floor of the stage and the curtain is on her back) @__@

Ok, you're done Reading....So now Review! Please send me a review, because here's my policy: "No Reviews, No new chapters!"