Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Unholy Crusade: Act 1 ❯ The Great Gospel, Part 1 ( Chapter 10 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Unholy Crusade

Act 1: Reign of Fear

Chapter 10: The Great Gospel, Part 1

Author's Note: I got the Imperfect Cell DVD's! Yay! They are helping me very much with new study material for Cell. Now that I've seen the Japanese version of the Imperfect Cell saga so far, I can improve Cell's performance in Unholy Crusade. You might notice that he's being more dramatic than usual. **shrugs** I dunno, maybe he's trying to impress Selena. Well, let's see how this works out. Read on and enjoy!

Last chapter…

"Hey Selena?" Krillin looked up at the guardian.

"Yeah, Krillin?"

"When we leave the Sacred City, let's take the mountain route, okay?"

Selena smiled.

"Okay."

In almost no time at all, the Haunted Woods was left behind them. It was only a few hours trip to go until they reached the Sacred City at last.

^

The sun had completely set, and the sky was littered with stars. There was barely any light to see by, but still Selena kept the Chocobo running across the open plains. There was practically nothing around them for miles, but that didn't bother her. She knew that the Sacred City was just ahead. She was so close to arriving, and she wasn't about to give up now. Her scar felt fine, which meant that Cell was very far behind and she was home free!

Krillin and Sakura kept quiet. Krillin was just thankful to be out of the Haunted Woods while Sakura was still in shock of seeing the biggest spiders in her life. About half way in the trip, she finally came out of shock and started crying. Selena smiled in understanding and slowed the Chocobo down to a walk.

"Bruuu-ii-uuuu!" the giant bird chirped as it stopped, then continued at a slow walk. Selena wrapped her arms around the girl and held her tight in comfort.

"Don't worry." She calmed. "We won't have to go through there again. We'll stay at the city, and we'll be safe." She looked ahead of her at the steady horizon. "I'll probably have to warn the guys about the spider's intents. They'll be grabbing for every guardian they see…"

"Hey, Selena?" Krillin spoke up. She turned her head to him.

"Yeah, Krillin?"

"Not to bug you or anything, but how much father is the Sacred City now?"

"Not much father." Selena promised. "It should be coming into view soon. You can't miss it. There's some cliffsides around it. It's completely surrounded by walls of rock except for the entrance. We'll be out of view as well as out of reach."

"Sounds good." Krillin moaned. Selena patted Sakura's back a few times, and the child started to calm down. After Sakura had quieted down, Selena spurred the Chocobo back into a gallop.

"Hya!"

"Bruuu!" it cooed, then took off at a speedy pace. Selena still kept one arm around Sakura while holding the reigns of the giant bird in her other hand. Krillin hugged Selena's waist to keep from falling off. He smiled to himself with the knowledge that they would be safe at the home plate soon, and Cell would never be able to touch them.

"Ow…" Selena moaned as her left arm twitched slightly. Her scars were starting to swell, and she scowled at them. Krillin looked at her arm, and gasped.

"He's coming…"

"Don't worry about it." Selena encouraged with a triumphant grin. "We're almost there. He won't catch us in time." She remained confident for another few miles. Then, she cried in relief at a welcome sight ahead of them. "There it is! I can see the peaks of the cliffs now!"

Krillin and Sakura saw them too! Three large jabs of clifftops were peeking from the horizon as if to see who was approaching its underground burrow. Selena roared in victory.

"YEAH!"

"ALRIGHT!" Krillin and Sakura celebrated. Selena's arm was hurting even more, but she ignored it. It appeared as though he would never get them now!

"You're too late, Cell!" Selena cried out cockily into the sky. "We can go faster than you can run, so there! HA!"

"You can't go faster than I can fly!" Cell's voice shouted from far behind them. Selena turned around in horror. She saw him behind them. He was only a hundred feet away, but she could see that his wings were fanned out and his feet weren't touching the ground. He was flying!

Crap, I forgot! She thought in horror. He flies faster than he could run!

He was quickly gaining on them! In a few seconds he was only ten feet away. She growled, and pulled on the reigns sharply.

"DAMN YOU!" she cried, steering the bird to the right to try and outmaneuver him. But by that time he was right behind her, and he snapped his tail at the bird's neck like a whip.

"WARK!"

The bird squawked in pain, and fell to the ground hard on its side. Its three passengers were knocked off its back, and they fell on top of each other. The frightened bird quickly got up and ran in a random direction just so long as it was far away from Cell. Selena pushed herself up to a crouch and snarled at Cell angrily. Krillin and Sakura cowered behind her in fear.

"Oh no…" Sakura whimpered.

"Great…" Krillin moaned. "What do we do now?"

"What else?!" Selena growled quietly. Cell chuckled at her, knowing what she wanted to do. She grabbed her staff, and pulled it from the sheathe on her back. "You're looking well, Cell. I see you've completely recovered from all those spider bites."

He stopped chuckling and glowered.

"Don't bring that up again." He warned calmly.

"Okay." She shrugged. "It's not something I want to remember either."

"Why are you making small talk with him?!" Krillin hissed in whisper. "What are you, nuts?!" She and Cell ignored him.

"Before we begin…" Cell halted Selena's attempt to jump and attack. He held out both of his hands, and showed her the palms and backs of his hands as though he was going to perform a magic trick.

He's teasing me… Selena growled in her head. What is this moron up to?

He cupped his hands as though he was holding something. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, he produced Selena's capsule case. Her eyes widened at the sight of it, which just made Cell smirk.

"You dropped this back at Jingle Village. Or rather, your friend Eugene dropped it." Then, he let it go, and it clambered at his feet. "And now that I've dropped it, it's yours." He lowered his voice dramatically. "So come and get it."

"You snake!" She shouted. She knew better than to go get it. She clutched her staff with both hands, and aimed the jewel end at him. He wasn't effected.

"I don't see what you're waiting for." He shrugged. "Come and get it. What's wrong, you do want it back, don't you? All your supplies are in it."

"Goddamn bastard!"

Sakura clutched the back of Selena's shirt in fear, much to scared to remind Selena to watch her language. Selena turned to Sakura in worry. She took one hand off her staff to pry Sakura off.

"Sakura-chan, let go."

"Selena-san!" Sakura cried. "I'm scared!"

"OH MY GOD!" Krillin suddenly cried out in fear.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

The wind under Cell's wings buzzed in Selena's ears as he charged. She barely had time to turn her head fully around when he punched her in the face. She was ripped out of Sakura's hands and flung twenty feet away. Cell flew over Krillin and Sakura's heads after Selena, only interested in the young woman. Krillin held Sakura protectively in his arms, only able to watch Selena defend herself.

I wish there was something I can do, Selena…

I'm sorry…

I don't think I even got the chance to tell you…

^

"Damn, that hurt…" Selena groaned as she tried to stand up. She managed to push herself onto one knee before she felt one of Cell's feet slam into her face and knock her back down. She tumbled a few more feet away.

"Oof! Ow! Oof! Ouch! Eech! Ooh!" Then she came to a stop on her back. "Aw, dammit!" She brought her knees up to her chest and brought them back down to jump up standing. She lost her staff again! She couldn't see it in the plain grasses! Once again hopeless…

I wish I could fire ki blasts without my staff…

Then, she realized that Cell hadn't attacked her yet. She looked around for him, but he seemed to disappear. She checked the skies first, and didn't see him up there. That meant he was hiding somewhere in the plain grasses. She looked at Krillin and Sakura. They seemed father away than she last remembered.

"Where did he go?!" she shouted to them.

"Somewhere right in front of you!" Krillin called back. "What should we do?"

"Keep going to the Sacred City!" she shouted, waving her hand in that direction. "Tell the people I'm out here! They'll send help! Just go!"

"Oh, no you don't!" Cell proposed behind her. She turned just in time to see him pop up behind her and chop her to the ground. She fell into the grasses, and decided to use them as her cover and crawl away to a new location. Cell laughed at her.

"Trying to use one of my tricks against me? Sorry, my dear, but you're much too sloppy. I can see the grasses moving as you move. It's a dead give away."

"Dammit!" Selena cried. Helpless, she jumped out of the grass, and lunged for Cell with a fist ready. He saw it coming, and blocked her punch aimed at his face easily. He held her fist in one hand, and used his other hand to jab her harshly in the stomach. The wind was knocked out of her, and she was defenseless. He let go of her fist, letting her hover in the air for a few seconds, then he upper-cutted her chin. She began to fall backwards quickly. She expected to hit ground, but…

…so quick, not even Cell could track it…

…his tail whipped foreword…

…Selena's fall was suddenly broken…

…a small cry of pain escaped her lips along with a slight trail of blood…

…her eyes widened for a moment before her eyelids squeezed shut…

…Cell's tail had stabbed right in the middle of her back, and held her in place in the air. It only took half a second.

It took a couple more seconds for Selena to cry out in unimaginable pain…

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

…and for Krillin and Sakura to realize what had happened.

"NO!"

^

Cell was cackling like the madman he was. He got her! He finally got her! He had the opportunity to absorb her soul!

He wasn't sure if he should or not…

After she finished screaming, she breathed in and out heavily. It felt like someone had stabbed a hot poker right into her back and her insides were on fire. She was starting to sweat from the tension. Her mind was completely blank, all she knew was pain. She struggled hard to keep her wits about her, but all her concentration was on her pain. She had no idea what to do.

Cell playfully put his fingers over his beak as though he was in thought.

"Hmmm…I finally have you right where I want you…but what should I do with you…?"

She gritted her teeth, wincing in pain. Cell's words were helping her return her common sense. She wanted to scream at him to just kill her and make the pain stop. She kept herself under control, and managed to open her eyes and raise her head. It was incredibly hard. He must have struck a nerve…maybe even broke her back…

"Don't…even…think about it!" she managed to say. Cell blinked at her a few times.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't absorb you, Selena."

She grinned at the challenge. She had a very good reason.

"Remember, back in the woods…with…the spiders…"

He frowned at her.

"You said you weren't going to bring that up again."

"Do…you remember?!"

"Of course I do."

"You owe me!" Selena shouted. "I saved you! So you owe me one!"

Cell thought about that for a moment. He saw her point, and laughed at it.

"Huh?" Selena wore a face of fear as Cell smirked at her. It was his "I'm-going-to-kill-you-now" smirk.

"Do you really think I'm bound to your human devotions? Silly Selena, you forget I am nothing close to human. So I owe you one to save your life? I don't care. It doesn't matter to me."

"God…damn…"

"Too bad…" Cell pitied. "Can't you think of a good reason?"

Selena tried to think…

"Selena, hold on!" Krillin called, rushing towards them. Cell sharply turned his head to the charging monk.

"Stay back!" Cell hissed.

GRUUUP!

Cell's tail sucked on Selena's ki once, and it was enough to make her scream out again, only louder.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Krillin's feet skidded on the ground until he stopped. He narrowed his eyes and gnashed his teeth at Cell, feeling afraid and helpless. Cell laughed at him.

"Come any closer, and I continue to feed." He warned.

Selena would have made a smart remark about his habit of taking hostages, but she was in too much pain. The fire had suddenly turned into a biting cold. She felt cold all over, like she was slowly being devoured by ice. This was pain that she couldn't free herself from. She kept her eyes squinted shut, and her breathing labored.

So this is what he does…he'll suck everything from me, and I'll only be a pile of clothes…just like those people…

"Let her go!" Krillin shouted desperately. Cell shook his head from side to side, still keeping his grin. Krillin balled his hands into fists. "I'll fight you for her!" He quickly struck a fighting stance, ready to do anything for Selena. Again, Cell shook his head.

Think, Krillin, think! I gotta save her! But how…

Wait a minute…

"I…I'll come closer!" Krillin threatened.

"I just warned you not to." Cell said plainly. "Or else…"

GRUUUP!

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Selena screamed again, feeling even colder than before. Krillin clenched his fists tighter.

I'm sorry, Selena…

"You don't want to kill her, Cell!" Krillin shouted at the android. "Remember? You said that in Curry! You want to keep her alive! If I come closer, and you kill her, then what will you do?"

Cell saw Krillin's point, and blinked at him a few times. He looked puzzled. Selena managed to calm down upon hearing that, and turned her head to Krillin.

"K…Krillin…" she moaned. Tears were starting to streak down her face from the pain.

"…" Cell remained silent for a moment. Now what was he going to do?

Krillin clenched his fists even tighter, cutting into his palms and making them bleed.

I'm really sorry, Selena. I'll let you kill me after all this is over…

Krillin started to walk foreword. Cell narrowed his eyes at the midget monk, not able to carry out his threat any further. Still holding Selena along the flat side of his tail, he started backing away from Krillin.

"I don't know what you're trying to accomplish…" Cell snarled at him, "…but I won't let you have your way. Now back off!"

"No." Krillin said firmly. He was scared as hell. What if Cell resorted to attacking him? Krillin would get kicked around like a football! But he had to save Selena somehow. Finally, deciding Krillin wouldn't push him around, Cell held his ground.

Fortunately, he didn't attack Krillin.

Unfortunately, he began to absorb Selena.

GRUUUP! GRUUUP! GRUUUP! GRUUUP…

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Selena was screaming at the top of her lungs in pain. She could feel the skin on her back sagging. Krillin was in fear, almost paralyzed. He had to do something!

His emotions got the best of him. He broke into a run towards Cell.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Cell laughed as Krillin flung punches at his head, and dodged every single one effortlessly. Selena was still being absorbed, and she was squirming and screaming in horrible, icy cold pain. She just wanted to die! She never felt anything so painful in her life! She was ready to beg for death if she had to! She could feel her insides churning and stop working! Suddenly, she couldn't breathe, and her screaming fell to a hacking choke. Her lungs were gone! She could only hear Cell's horrible laughing!

Help…someone, help…

^

…ping…

Cell and Krillin felt something strange, and their fight stopped abruptly. Cell stopped absorbing Selena, leaving the girl choking for air desperately.

All time seemed to stop. There was hardly any sound or movement.

Then, Cell could see something moving in the distance. His eagle eyes could see a human several feet away walking towards them. It was a woman in her late forties, with long silver hair and not a wrinkle on her hauntingly beautiful face. She wore a brown cloak over her white gi and black shirt. She also wore black Chinese silk shoes on her feet, and strapped to her back was a ki staff. Cell had no idea who she was, but he suddenly felt afraid of her. He gasped silently, his eyes widened, and his body tensed.

Who is she? Why am I suddenly afraid of her?

His tail suddenly relaxed, and Selena was dropped to the ground on her face. Cell started taking steps backward in fear. He didn't like this woman. He didn't like how he frightened her. But, he didn't understand why he was frightened. She was just an old woman!

Then, the woman narrowed her eyes at Cell, and a pure white aura flared around her body, lifting her hair and lose folds of her cloak as though a strong wind was blowing around her. Cell understood now, and he cried out suddenly.

The sacred aura…just like Selena's…

The woman raised a hand, and flung her open palm at Cell while breathing like she was blowing out a candle. Cell was suddenly blown off his feet, knocked on his back several feet from Selena. Krillin watched in amazement.

"Whoa…what the…" he looked at the woman, and noticed that she was finally running to them. She stopped when she reached Sakura. The child was crying and sniffing in fear. The woman smiled, and knelt by the child.

"It's alright, young one." the woman calmed in an alto voice, just like a mother. She wrapped her arms tightly around the child. "You're safe now." Sakura calmed down, and hugged the woman back. Krillin ran to Selena's side.

"Selena!" he called, hovering over her. Her pupils were the size of pinpricks, staring up into nothing, and her breathing was extremely quick like she was running very fast. He didn't know what was happening to her. He looked over at the woman. "Hey! You gotta help her! Please!" The woman looked at him with soft, gray eyes. She lifted Sakura off the ground easily, and hurried to Krillin's side.

"Selena-chan…" the woman muttered. "I think she will be okay." She set Sakura down. "Here, take the child. She will need calming." Sakura was still crying, so Krillin gave her a comforting hug.

"It's okay." He tried to calm. "She said Selena will be okay. She'll be fine. We'll take her to a hospital, alright?"

"Is she hurt really bad?" the little girl sniffled.

Krillin was about to answer when he heard an enraged roar a few meters behind him. He and the old woman turned to Cell as Sakura screamed and clutched Krillin tightly to her. Cell was furious, baring his fangs and slicing his tail through the air like a whip. He was glaring hard at the woman, whoever she was. The woman didn't seem effected by Cell's appearance or aura. She just looked at him firmly, like he was an unwanted guest, and pointed in the direction she came from.

"Along this direction is Sacred Territory." She warned. "Your kind will not be able to set foot there. The holocram is too strong, and all the evil-hearted are repelled. I suggest you go back to where you came from. You will not be welcomed beyond this point." Then, she bent down to pick Selena up. Cell watched intensely as the woman gathered the girl in her arms and cradled her carefully. He was so close to absorbing that girl and being rid of her once and for all.

Who was this woman?

"Let's go now." The woman proposed to Krillin, turning around and heading back towards the cliffs. Krillin carried the crying Sakura with him after her. He was extremely concerned about turning his back on Cell.

"But what about Cell?" he asked the woman. He turned to look at the monster, and Cell was starting to walk after them. The woman looked over her shoulder, and frowned.

"Is that his name?" she wondered. "I see he doesn't give up easily, like the fool he is." She once again powered up her aura, and Cell stopped dead in his tracks. He glared at her with intents to kill, looking rather helpless. Finally, he screeched another angry roar at her, and turned away running the opposite direction. The corners of the woman's frown turned up into a smile. "Perhaps not as big a fool as I thought…"

"Uh, excuse me…" Krillin looked up at the woman. She looked down at him. "Uh…yeah, thanks for saving us…but who are you?"

"My name is Mimic." The woman introduced with a more friendly smile. "I am Selena's sensei…and keeper of the Sacred City."

^

It wasn't long until Mimic led the travelers into the Sacred City. First they were led through a medieval gateway guarded by two, strange, humanoid creatures. Past the gateway was the huge city of polished marble and regal dark colors. The structures of cylinders, domes and pyramids surrounded them from all sides and heights. Most of the city was colored white with small gray webbing's winding through the white, but the roofs were shades of burgundy red, royal purple, and navy blue. The streets were carved stone, and the streets were sheltered under several Romanesque arches lined with creeping ivy. Boarding the city and hiding the view of the horizon beyond were large cliffs that completely surrounded the city except for the entrance. The city was alive with more of the humanoid creatures who were ghostly white with no hair, red eyes, skeleton-like hands, toothy grins, and robes of chocolate brown just like Mimic's.

"Wow!" Sakura cheered at the sights and sounds around her. "Cool!"

"Just like walking into a painting…" Krillin awed.

Mimic ignored them. She was looking around for something while Selena hung limp in her arms. Sakura looked up at her protector in worry.

"Will she be alright?" she asked timidly.

"She'll be fine, little one." Mimic promised. "Now where are those three?"

"Three what?" Krillin wondered.

Two of them approached. Two human boys slightly older than Selena ran to Mimic in worry. Both were dressed in the same black and white fighting gi, and had ki staffs strapped to their backs.

"Mimic-san!" one with short black hair and a scar going across his cheeks and the bridge of his nose called. "What happened? What's wrong with Selena?"

"She'll be alright." Mimic assured. "I got to her just in time. I need you two to help me at the Sacred Pool."

"Whoa, dude!" the one with bleached blond hair and sunglasses shouted at Selena's injury. "Selena! Speak to me, dude! Are you alright, dude?"

Selena smiled weakly.

"Hi Ace…" she greeted the blond. "Hey Zeo…"

"Boys…" Mimic pressed, "The Sacred Pool…she needs her injuries healed right away!"

"Right." Zeo nodded. "Here, let me have her." Mimic carefully handed Selena to Zeo, and the boy took off running down the street. "C'mon, Ace!"

"Dude, I'm coming!" Ace shouted after his friend. Mimic sighed and walked calmly after them.

"Come along." She ushered Krillin and Sakura. They walked next to her as Krillin held Sakura's hand.

"Who were they?" Krillin asked.

"Members of the Four Guardians." Mimic introduced. "Selena is also a member."

"Four? But that's three…"

"The fourth is guarding the temple right over there." Mimic pointed at a high point of the city. Krillin and Sakura looked. Above a long climb of marble staircases was a domed gazebo-styled temple with a deep blue roof. Romanesque pillars supported the dome roof over the circular platform below. The temple seemed to be the size of a small house. Sakura looked up at Mimic.

"Pretty building." She commented.

"Thank you." Mimic smiled. "That is the very heart of the city, where the holocram is strongest. It must be guarded from any harm that may come to it."

"Wait a minute…" Krillin raised a suspicious eyebrow. "What kind of temple is that?"

Mimic lowered her head, hiding it partially by her long, white hair.

"That…is the temple of the Great Gospel."

^

Cell stared down at the city below him from the cliffs. He watched the people move around as he wondered what a Roman city was doing in Ireland.

This must be the Sacred City. He thought to himself. Unusual. I can see architecture from all over the world in this city. And what are those strange creatures that live here?

Oh, wait…I remember now…

They were the first guardians, before humans began to take the throne, and way before Nameks guarded the Earth…

His eyes combed over the city for Selena and the others. He found the woman who had mysteriously scared him away talking to Krillin and Sakura. He found two boys rushing in the direction of a lake inside the city, and both were carrying the injured Selena.

Found you…He thought with a pleased smile.

Fortunately, for you Selena, the strange power of your aura resides within this city and keeps me out. I can't get to you…

…for now anyway…

But, I will find a way inside…

And you had better be ready…

To Be Continued

**END OF EPISODE BONUS!**

Theme songs!

(Lyrics and translations can be found on http://www.angelfire.com/anime/FFBlitz/lyrics/.html )

Selena's Theme-SCAR, Ayumi Hamasaki
hajimete namida wo mita hi ha
nani mo dekizu ni tada tada
te wo nigirimashita

nakitsukarete nemurikaketa koro
boku no hou wo mite "gomen ne" to
tsubuyaite sukoshi waraimashita

sonna anata deshita

sayonara sae jouzu ni
tsutaerarenakatta no ha
mata aeru you na ki ga
shita kara soretomo...

hajimete shikarareta ano hi ha
nani mo iezu ni tada tada
utsumukimashita

anata ha hitori se wo muke
heya wo dete ikimashita
soshite kokoro ni onaji kizu wo tsukurimashita

sonna futari deshita

kyou mo dokoka de deai
wakariaeta mono tachi
wakareyuku monogatari
kurikaesaremasu

sayonara sae jouzu ni
tsutaerarenakatta no ha
mata aeru you na ki ga
shita kara soretomo...

kyou mo dokoka de deai
wakariaeta mono tachi
wakareyuku monogatari
kurikaesaremasu

Translation

The day that I first saw tears
I couldn't do anything.
I just gripped your hand.

Tired from crying, about to fall asleep
you turned to me and whispered,
"I'm sorry," and smiled a little.

That's what you were like.

The reason I couldn't even
say "goodbye" properly was that
I got the feeling that I'd
see you again. Or...

The day that I was first scolded
I was speechless. I just
hung my head in shame.

You turned your back
and left the room.
And made the same wounds in my heart.

That's what we were like.

They meet again somewhere today,
those two people who understand each other.
A tale of lost love
is repeated again.

The reason I couldn't even
say "goodbye" properly was that
I got the feeling that I'd see
you again. Or...

They meet again somewhere today,
those two people who understand each other.
A tale of lost love
is repeated again.

Cell's Theme-Naturally, Ayumi Hamasaki

ano basho ni ikitaku tte
tabi ni deru shitaku shite
ato ha tada hitasura hashiritsudzukete

chikadzukeba chikadzuku hodo
doko to naku kidzukidashite
na no ni mada mite minu furi nante shite

da kedo mou hikikaesu
koto nante dekinai you na
tokoro made kita koro ni chuucho shidashite

tachidomaru sore sae mo
kowaku tte kowaresou de
naite ita watashi ni anata ha itta

kanashii no ha semete shimau koto da to

utsukushisugiru mono bakari
atsumete narabete nagamete
kirei na yume bakari mite ha
genjitsu wo tada nageiteta no

shiawase no katachi nante
tsukurou to shite mita tte
aijou ni wake ha nai no to onaji de

kitto sou atama no naka
muzukashiku kangaesugi
deru hazu mo nai kotae sagashite ita

tanoshii dake sonna hibi ha mou iranai

oikakete owareteru uchi ni
ibasho sura miushinaisou de
kore ijou kizu tsukanu you ni to
me wo tojita mama se wo muketeta

utsukushisugiru mono bakari
atsumete narabete nagamete
kirei na yume bakari mite ha
genjitsu wo tada nageita

koko ga donna basho de atte mo
kore kara doko wo tootte mo
jiyuu to kodoku wakeatte
ima nara ari no mama ikesou

Translation

I want to go to that place.
I've prepared for my journey;
all that's left is to start running.

The closer I get, the more
I seem to understand,
but I still pretend not to see.

But I've come to the point
where I can't turn back,
and that's where I hesitate.

Even stopping
scares me. Fragile and
crying, you said to me:

Being sad is the same as giving up.

In gathering, displaying, and viewing
only beautiful things
and seeing only beautiful dreams,
I was only lamenting reality.

Trying to give a shape to
happiness is the same as
saying there's no reason behind love.

Yes, I've been thinking too hard,
in my head. I've been searching
for answers I don't expect to find.

I'm tired of those days of meaningless fun.

While chasing and being chased,
I've lost sight of my home.
So as not to be hurt any more,
I closed my eyes and turned away.

In gathering, displaying, and viewing
only beautiful things
and seeing only beautiful dreams,
I only lamented reality.

No matter what this place is like,
no matter where I go next,
I'll share my freedom and loneliness.
I think I can make it as I am now.

Next chapter: Krillin and Sakura's theme songs! That's all for now! See ya next chapter!