Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Unholy Crusade: Act 2 ❯ The People of Pine Brooks, Selena's Sins: Part 1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Unholy Crusade

Act 2: Breaking Point

Chapter 1: The People of Pine Brook, Selena's Sins - Part 1

"Hi there! Uh, we'll need ten packs of that top ramen, please."

"Sure thing, baldy. That'll be twenty pounds."

"The name's Krillin, actually. Uh, Sakura, could you go get Selena?"

"Sure!"

*******************

Selena was just outside the small caravan gathering. She was sitting on a tree stump, letting the wind blow through her let-down hair and tug at her black and white gi. She was looking westward, away from their current destination.

'I can't believe Krillin talked me into going there.....

'He has no idea what that place is to me......and what the people think of me.....

'I wish my Irish motherland wasn't so foreboding......it just doesn't look beautiful anymore......

'......when I remember what happened to me so long ago.......'

"Selena-san!"

Selena turned to see Sakura hopping out of a camping trailer and bounding towards her. The woman smiled a little.

"Yes, Sakura-chan?"

"Krillin says he needs twenty pounds for food." Then, she looked confused. "Uh....twenty pounds of what, Selena?"

"Silly." Selena chuckled, reaching into a fold of her gi for a very thin wallet. "In Ireland, a pound is a type of money. Twenty pounds is like twenty zeni."

"That's not a lot."

"Nope. Ramen is very cheap." She pulled a few paper bills out of the wallet and handed them to Sakura. "Tell Krillin this is twenty-five. I'm short on change."

"Okay!" Sakura nodded, then bounded back into the trailer. Selena watched her go in, then looked around the caravan area. All around her were camping trailers, to be pulled by trucks when they would go further on the road. Selena looked away from them, back west.

'Going north? Wise choice.....

'Since Cell started moving south again......

'One could wonder......what is he looking for so desperately that he is using no method of searching......'

********************

He was doing an unusual amount of thinking lately.

Thinking about her......

'Selena.....an interesting girl........very interesting......'

Cell was sitting amonst a flock of wild chocobo who were gathered around a nearby oak tree. The shadows hid him rather well when he kept his eyes closed and the attention was on the chocobo. He didn't bother the birds and they didn't bother him, so both paid no mind to each other. The birds went about their roaming and grazing, while Cell went to his thinking about Selena.

He could almost be called obsessive when thinking of her....

'I don't understand her logic. She admits not being stronger, faster, or being any better than me.......

'......yet she believes she can defeat me!

'What makes her so confident? Why does she do this when she has a very low chance of getting killed?

'.........

'Why do I think of her so intensely?'

Cell sighed to himself when a chocobo wandered next to him to pluck some nearby grass blades into its beak. Cell decided to open his eyes and watch.

'I wonder where the nearest town or village is.......

'I don't know the Irish Territory very well, and the maps don't show the smaller villages.......

'All I know is that Selena is somehow keeping pace with me every step of the way.....

'There I go again!'

Cell growled slightly in frustration, which made the nearby bird look at him strangely.

"Coo?"

"Don't ask." Cell suggested to the bird. Then he stood up and stretched his arms while cracking his toes.

'Maybe I should move on.......

'A bite to eat may help me think better.....'

********************

'Pine Brook.......of all places to go......why frikkin Pine Brook?!'

Selena had on a rather sour face as she continued down the road she and the others were going. Since her swoop was out of gas, and she didn't have extra fuel cells, she rented two chocoboes to ride on. She and Sakura sat on one giant bird, while Krillin sat nervously on the other. They were traveling at a nicely paced canter, which Selena hardly noticed at all while she sulked. In fact, she was so deep in her sulking, she wouldn't have noticed if her chocobo went into a sudden charge down the grassy plain.

"So, Selena?" Krillin spoke up, trying not to look nervous (though failing), "We have to spend the night at Pine Brook before we can find a gas station, right?"

"......" Selena didn't hear him. All sound was practically blocked out of her head as she brooded.

'That place.......with such horrible memories.........

'And I bet "he" is still living there too.......

'I wonder how "he's" doing?

'Probably never forgot me.........

'I'll bet none of them did........

'Why do I have to go back there? To that place where........'

"Hey, Selena!"

Krillin's yell got through her mental barriar, and she snapped her head over to him.

"What?!" she almost snapped. Krillin shrank away slightly in fear.

"Whoa! Sorry.......didn't mean to hit the wrong button or anything......"

Selena sighed, sounding really annoyed.

"No. You just startled me. Uh, what was it?"

"You really don't want to go there, do you? To Pine Brooks?"

Selena looked away from him.

"I was banished from there......."

Sakura looked up at Selena.

"You mean........you can't go back?"

"That's right." Selena asnwered sadly. "I can't go back. The people there hate me."

"What did you do?" Krillin asked.

Growling, Selena pulled on the reigns of her chocobo, forcing it to stop and turn around to face Krillin. It cawed in protest as she did so. Once she was facing Krillin, she pointed an accusing finger at him, shaking it for influence.

"I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! IT WAS HIS FAULT! HE MADE ME DO IT! HE PUT THE FUCKING BLAME ON ME! IT'S HIS FAULT I'M HATED HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! IT'S NOT MY FAULT, IT'S HIS! YOU GOT THAT?!"

"Whoa, dude!" Krillin panicked, his chocobo backing up from Selena's screams. Her own chocobo bucked, but Selena managed to keep her balance. She stopped shouting to make sure Sakura didn't fall out of the saddle either. When both birds quieted down, Sakura started crying. Selena held the girl close in a begging-forgiveness hug.

"I'm sorry." she whispered. "I shouldn't have shouted like that......"

"Why did you do that?!" Sakura bawled, hot tears streaming from her eyes. "You scared me, Selena-san! Don't do that again!"

"I'm sorry." Selena repeated. A couple of tears were in her eyes, and one ran down her cheek. "But what happened to me.............has left a permanant scar on me. I really don't want to.......to tell you about it, but........well......." She sniffed and wiped the tear away. "The people there will kill me if I go back......"

Krillin instantly started to worry about the scene before him.

'I've never seen Selena act like this before........

'She's usually the tough gal who can take on anything........

'Whatever happened in Pine Brook musta been really bad......'

Krillin tried to be cheerful as he hopped off his chocobo and approached Selena.

"Hey, I got an idea! Selena, why don't Sakura and I go into town, and you can stay with the caravan back there?"

Selena shook her head.

"The caravan's heading out tonight. They won't be there for long." She suddenly smiled as Sakura calmed down. "But, you've got a good idea. I should stay outside the town. I'll camp on the outskirts. I still have my equipment."

Sakura looked up at Selena, a little scared.

"You're not coming with us, Selena-san?"

"No, Sakura-chan. I'm sorry." Selena wiped the little girl's tears away. "Go on with Krillin, I'll be right here in the morning."

********************

Upon first glance, the town looked very normal. Nestled between two grassy hills and having a population of three hundred, Pine Brooks was a peaceful community of care-free country folk. Half the population were farmers of all kinds, including chocobo farmers. The rest cared to the homes they lived in, singing tunes while cleaning house or doing chores, chatting with neighbors, or spreading local news.

To Krillin, it looked like a wonderful place to live.

'No kidding, Selena? These people would KILL you if you returned here?

'No way! These people look like they wouldn't do something like that.....

'They're just peaceful Irish countrymen.....'

He rode the chocobo with Sakura up to a house for directions. He saw a full-muscled man strap a saddle on a rather big chocobo. It was almost twice as big as the one Krillin was sitting on! And the looks on the man alone could almost make him a Saiyajin!

'Wow. What is this place?'

" 'Scuse me!" Krillin called to the man. "We've just arrived here! Where's the local inn?"

The man turned to Krillin and smiled.

"Three houses down, on the other side of the street. Just follow the main road, lad. You can't miss the wooden sign." The man smiled warmly. "Welcome, stranga. You can call on ol' Farly if you need anythin'."

"Thanks, Mr. Farly." Krillin waved, continuing on. Checking across the street, Krillin finally did notice the wooden sign across the street. A familiar wooden brown oval with white painted letters "Town Inn" greeted Krillin in front of a quaint two story house. This place was just way too friendly, and way too different from Selena's claim.

'This can't be right.....maybe Selena was in another town with a similar name....

'I'm really sorry that what happened to her......whatever happened to her......

'But this place is just not what Selena says it is.....'

"Hey, Sakura?" Krillin turned to the little girl. "Can you go inside and tell the inn keeper we're here? I'll go put this guy in the barn."

"Okay." the little girl agreed. Krillin helped her down then got off the chocobo himself. She ran inside the house while Krillin headed for the barn. He opened the barn doors and looked around inside. There were other chocobos, similar to the one that Farly had.

"C'mon, big guy." Krillin invited the chocobo, walking it in behind him. The chocobo "coo"ed as it walked in and Krillin looked for an empty stall. When he thought he found one, he opened the door wide open. Then, he noticed there was another man inside the barn, spreading out fresh hay on the ground. The man looked up at Krilin.

"Hoye, hello they." the man chuckled in an Irish accent. "What brings yu 'ere?"

"Oh, hi." Krillin chuckled. "Uh...we're hoping to stay here for the night, if that's okay."

"Aye, aye." the man agreed. "Not a problem." He dusted his hands off and walked out of the stall. He offered one hand to the little, bald man. "Th' names Kirkland. Andy Kirkland."

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Kirland." Krillin greeted, shaking his hand. "Uh, where can I find the innkeeper?"

"I aam th' innkeepa, mate."

"Huh?" Krillin blinked. "But.....if you're the innkeeper......then......who's minding the desk?"

Suddenly, Sakura came into the barn, bawling and crying fiercely. She turned back to the door with a vengence.

"You mean, old lady! I hate you!"

As she ran towards Krillin in support as a rather young woman chased the girl inside.

"Wot ya mean 'old,' ya liddle brat?! Git out ove me house!"

"Now, now, Nancy...." Kirkland tried to calm the woman down. "Don't be over-re-actin' like thaat. What's goin' on?"

Nancy pointed at Sakura, who was cowering behind Krillin.

"Thaat braat waunts ta git a ruum fore th' night! Y'know th' policey, Andy! Ab-sole-luute-ley NO children!"

"Bot......Bot, Nancy-darlin'....." Kirkland tried to reason....

Meanwhile, Krillin and Sakura started inching their way to the barn door along with their chocobo. Kirkland was quick to notice his customers were leaving and went after them.

"No, no, no, no, no, no! It's alraight, then. Yu tuu caan stay."

"Well," Krillin doubted, "if your rules say 'no children,' then we probably should look somewhere else."

"No, no, yu don't undastaand..." Kirkland shook his head, "it's just.....whell....." He talked a little more quietly. "Me wife hates kids. She don't waant aany herself."

"Ooooh." Krillin nodded in understanding. "So, should we stay? I mean, we don't want to inconvience your wife...."

"Oh, no. Not at aall!" the innkeeper insisted. "If it's just for th' night, I caan taalk the misses into it. Please, please, come in, sir! We'll arrange ev-ry-thin."

Kirkland ushured Krillin and Sakura into the house while Nancy followed them in a huff. Krillin quickly made a deal for the only room in the inn for the night, and promised to leave first thing in the morning. Nancy sighed heavily and charged them the twenty zeni fee for one night.

As Krillin accepted, Sakura couldn't help but notice how Kirkland was staring at her. It wasn't just a simple stare......it looked more like he was sizing her up, like a preditor sizing up another victom for it's meal. She shivered, and shied away from him.

"Krillin-san....he's staring at me...."

Kirkland blinked as though he had come out of a trance, then smiled warmly.

"Sorrey. You're such a pretty little girl....."

Nancy clipped him in the back of the head, making the man look with uneasyness at his spouce.

"Just a complement, darlin'." he insisted. Then, he nodded at Krillin and Sakura. "Haave a nice night, mates."

Krillin and Sakura then headed up the stairs for the attic-turned-inn room. Krillin shook his head the minute he closed the door.

"Okay, so there's the occasional weirdo, but this little place is alright."

He sat down on the bed as Sakura took out a capsule case that contained their toiletries.

"Krillin-san?" she asked. Krillin shook his head in responce.

"Just wondering why Selena doesn't like it here." He sighed. "I hope she's okay by herself...."

**************************

Night fell upon the grasslands, and a chill of the soon approaching fall blew across the Irish countryside. In a black tent, Selena huddled in her sleeping bag and three blankets, shivering. She was trying to go to sleep, but she was so cold. She ducked her head inside the bag and curled her legs close to herself. She shivered, and her teeth chattered slightly.

'Man......I hope I get to sleep......and that morning comes soon......'

Then, she heard the tent flaps russle. She remained perfectly still and sighed.

"Damn pre-fall weather..." she mumbled to herself.

"I thought you humans were looking foreword to the new season..."

Selena groaned, and peeked from outside the sleeping bag. There he was, lying on one side, and proping his head up on one hand. His tail curled up around his waist, then uncurled again out of habit.

"Get out of my tent, Cell. I'm to sleepy to fight." she moaned.

"Then you're too sleepy to put up resistance." Cell purred. Selena hugged the blankets close to her.

"What the hell did that mean?!" she demanded.

Cell shook his head.

"I meant that you will do nothing to put me outside this tent." he explained. "Unless you're nude under the covers again, then that's a different story."

"I learned my lesson, you pervert!" Selena snapped, flipping over the covers to show that she was in sweats. Then, she covered herself again and resumed glaring at the android. Cell chuckled again.

"Yes, you did. Congradulations."

"What the hell do you want?"

Cell nodded with a smirk.

"Glad you asked. I wanted to know where Krillin and Sakura-chan are. Did you abandon them?"

"No. They're in...." Selena stopped herself. If he found out they were in the next town, he would attack for sure! "That's none of your frikkin business!"

Cell turned his head back to the open tent flap.

"They're in town, aren't they?"

D'OH!

"So what if they are?!" Selena tried to block his verbal moves.

"Oh, I was just wondering, that's all." He grinned, showing his fangs. "You're trying to keep me from attacking that village, aren't you? Well, you are in luck tonight. I had just happened upon a caravan coming my direction, so I just ate."

Selena's eyes popped open in fear.

'That caravan! Oh God! He got them even though they were heading north!'

She then clenched her teeth, which made Cell laugh.

"Oh, so you met them already?"

"You're not getting away with any of this?! You hear me?!"

"Yes." Cell answered with a smug look. "But you have given me no reason to believe I am threatened." He smiled again, a very sly smile. "Coming back to you as the subject, why are you out here on the plains all alone while your friends are in a comfortable bed in the town?"

Selena narrowed her eyes so small, it almost looked like her eyes were shut!

"None of your fucking business."

"Oooooh, testy tonight, aren't we? Did I upset you that much?"

"I had to bring up the subject once today, and I'm not talking about it again!"

"Subject? On what? Do tell."

Selena cringed, finally taking her eyes off of him.

"No!"

"But it will make you feel better." Cell suggested, lifting the covers off her face. "Come now, talk about it with me."

"Why should I?!"

"Because I'm a good listener." Cell chuckled.

Selena, with lack of anything else to do, abruptly sat up.

"Get out already!"

"Hmmm...." Cell mused as he closed his eyes. "I sence a great deal of anger and pain involved in this 'subject.' " He opened his eyes again. "Truthfully, talking about it does help ease the pain."

Selena crossed her arms stubbornly.

"Oh, come now, Selena. Alright, how about this? If you tell me about what is making you so angry, I swear to God Almighty that not another soul will hear about it from me."

Selena gave him a brick face.

"So, if I tell you, you won't tell anyone else; is that what you're saying?"

Cell crossed his heart.

"And hope to die?" Selena added.

Cell smirked.

"You want me dead so bad, don't you? Hope to die, then. Now please, begin."

Selena looked away and huffed.

"Why I should even bother to tell you......"

"Because I'm willing to bargain a secret for a secret." Cell threw in, sitting upright and crossed his legs. He rested his chin on his two folded hands. "Tell me about what is making you angry, and I'll throw in a secret of my own. Do we have a deal?"

Selena was quiet a minute.

"Deal." she agreed. "Now, don't interrupt."

"Never."

Then, Selena begain her story about what had happened in Pine Brooks.

*******************

I guess it began when I was very young. I ran away from my abusive grandparents when I was only ten. I stowed-away on ships, hich-hiked across several countries, walked a bazillion miles, and wasted money on other transport.......half way around the world to get back to Ireland. I was on my last buck when I stumbled upon the little town of Pine Brooks.

From here, on this hill, I saw that it hadn't changed since my last visit. Everything was just the way it was as I remember it. I'll bet not even the people changed. You see, I stumbled across a fellow chocobo farmer named Duke Farly. He noticed I came into town, and quickly ushered me in the house for a place to stay. I told him I was trying to find a home, and he promised me that his house was my house. We became instant friends. Thus, I became his assistant in looking after and training the chocobos. Hmmm...I wonder if ol' General is still around......

"You will come back to the subject?"

I wasn't straying off the subject, so shut up!

"Sorry. Please continue."

Anyway, I was there for about a week when HE came into my life. We made eye contact one day, and then he started following me around. We finally got to talk about two days later, since he would stare at me funny, like he was going to eat me. Well, we said hi. Then, he asked me for my age. I didn't think it was weird at the time, so I told him I was twelve. He instantly warmed up to me, then wanted to know everything about me. I told him my name was Shikimi Lawless, then launched into the story of my life.

His name was Andy Kirkland, and he was an innkeeper.

We soon became friends. He was a very flattering man, Kirkland. He always gave me gifts everyday. I think I still have those silly sparrow finger puppets around here somewhere..... Anyway, we did everything together. He even helped me train some of the chocobos. Man, we went and did everything we wanted. The town started to think of us as brother and sister. We were just the pride and joy of all Pine Brooks.

Then, one day, I noticed that he was cleaning out the inn with his girlfriend, Nancy Lockheart. I offered to help sweep and dust and Kirkland accepted. While Nancy swept downstairs, Kirkland and I went upstairs to clean out the inn room. And.......then......

................................

"Are you alright, Selena? Do you want to stop?"

I think it's too late for that................

"If you wish to continue, then please do so."

...................okay..............

I was..............about to change the sheets on one of the beds................

............then...........Kirkland.........came up behind me.............

He..........tossed me right onto the bed, and pinned me down................

I.........was too young and too weak to fight back.............

He kept telling me he loved me...............and that he wanted to marry me and not Nancy..............

He.............He..................He hurt me in the worst way anyone could..............

"Oh God........he didn't..........."

**sniff** **sob**

"If you want to stop now, I understand."

No, I'm not done yet.

"If.......As you wish."

Well, he had the door unlocked. Nancy came in, hoping she could help us.............

..........Caught him right in the act. She was furious! She started beating on Kirkland as he got off me and I struggled to put on what was left of my ripped clothes.

That was when it all fell apart.

Kirkland...............said that I was a witch........and that I had cast a spell on him.......

.....and made him do that...........to me...........which was a downright lie.........

Then.........I was the one getting beaten on.........I ran out of the inn for my life....

Nancy ran out with me, spreading the word to everyone on the street..........

They all came at me with torches and pitchforks................they wanted to kill me.......

I ran for my life...........right up to the top of this very hill.................

Farly was the only one chasing after me............

He caught up to me................with a clean change of clothes for me.............

He told me to keep running and never come back...................

He then left, without saying goodbye..........made sure I didn't hug him or say another word to him...............

I could tell he hated me then.....................

And................I hated him too.................

I hated all of them, I still do!

Esspecially that bastard Kirkland! He was right at the head of that lynch mob too!

I never wanted to come back again!

**************************

Cell couldn't reply. He was completely speechless. Not even an "I see" could get past his lips. He was in complete shock.

Selena lowered her head, letting the tears flow from her eyes. She laughed sadly.

"I told Krillin as little as possible, just saying I was banished from here........it was his idea that I set camp outside town. He'll......." She paused to wipe away some tears. "He'll be back here in the morning........."

She noticed that Cell didn't say a word, and a very sympathetic look was on his face. She just shook her head and started sobbing.

"I can't bare thinking about what happened! Esspecially none of it was my fault! The very culpret was the one who let everyone decide I should be killed for what HE did! Damn petifile!"

Then, she felt something touch her cheek. She looked up to see Cell cupping one side of her face with his hand. They looked at each other for a while before Selena pulled away from him.

"Well, now it's your turn!" she snapped, wiping away more tears. "What's your secret, Cell?"

He lowered his head with a sigh.

"I will not attack the village tonight............but I will tomorrow night."

Selena instantly tensed.

"But I have a question for you, reguarding that." he added. He looked at her seriously.

"Selena..........after what you just told me.............I want to know from you......

"Is Pine Brooks worth saving?"

A horrified look sunk into Selena's face. Cell shook his head.

"You don't have to answer right away, Selena. Think it over." He started to get up. "I will be expecting an answer tomorrow night." He nodded once at her. "Goodnight, and thank you, Selena."

As he headed out the tent.........

"Cell?"

He turned back to Selena, who was still crying.

"I don't feel any better after saying all of that, you liar."

He managed to smile at her.

"I wasn't lying. But now, I don't blame you for not wanting to tell me. Again....goodnight, my dear."

"STOP CALLING ME THAT, DAMMIT!" Selena outbursted. She started sobbing again. "That's what Kirkland used to call me......."

Again, Cell was put in a horrified state.

"I.....see. Appologies, then. Goodnight, Selena."

"Just get out of here already, you big cockroach!"

Cell then walked away from the tent, and up the hill. He stopped at the very top, and sat in the grass. He watched the tent from where he was, watching over Selena as she slept. He bowed his head in respect.

'What a sad and horrible story for any woman to tell.........'

Something that looked suspiciously like a tear was squeezed from one pink eye and trickled down his beak.

'She was only twelve years old.........'

TO BE CONTINUED

**END OF EPISODE BONUS**

((Cell waves to the readers, wearing a leather jacket and pants.))

Cell: Hi, everyone. Well, this is our band's first performance on stage.....

((Krillin and Selena peek out the band stage curtain.))

Krillin: Wow, that's a lot of people out there!

Selena: **looks over at the readers** We decided to call our band the Antagonists, and people seem to like our stuff so far.....

Cell: Well, we appreciate everyone sending us requests for songs. Here they are:

"Closing Time" and "Semi-charmed life" from Jesschaeux

"One Week" from Anime-fan Meepa

"Simple and Clean" (Kingdom Hearts) from Lord Chors

"Just Walk Away" from Siigwan Ferland

"Dirty," "Down with the Sickness," and "ock the Boat" (???) from Lady Dementia

Cell: **blink blink** "ock the Boat?" What song is that?

Selena: "Rock the Boat!" Not "ock the Boat!"

Cell: Oh, Rock the Boat! Don't you just hate typos?! :P

Selena: **walks up to the readers, and we see she is dressed in an Aurora costume** And we picked "Simple and Clean" from the Kingdom Hearts game. Which, by the way, rocks! **jumps up and down** Yay! Nightmare Before Christmas! **her wig falls off** Oh, geez.....

Cell: **turns back to the reader** She's Sleeping Beauty, and I'm trying to be Leon. Hey, it's hard trying to find clothes my size!

Selena: **straightens out her wig** Well, we're doing this a different way. We decided to combine the English lyrics with the Japanese lyrics, and with them the normal song and the PLANITb remix (as heard in the intro). I hope this mix is popular with the croud.

Sakura: **dressed as Kairi** Can we go on stage now?

Krillin: **dressed as Riku** Yeah, the crowd's getting anxious.

Selena: **nods** Okay, let's go. **waves to the reader** Enjoy!

((They take their postions on stage, and get ready to perform.))

Announcer: Ladies and Gentlement, we now present the Antagonists!

((Croud cheers as the curtain parts and shows everyone on stage. A guitar starts out the intro to the normal version, Cell keeps the beat on the drums, Selena begins to sing with Sakura in the background.))

Selena:

When you walk away

You don't hear me say please

Oh baby, don't go

Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel tonight

It's hard to let it go

((Pause, guitar continues))

You're giving me too many things

Lately you're all I need

You smiled at me and said,

Don't get me wrong I love you

But does that mean I have to meet your father?

When we are older you'll understand

What I meant when I said "No,

I don't think life is quite that simple."

When you walk away

You don't hear me say please

Oh baby, don't go

Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel tonight

It's hard to let it go.....

((Music quiets down, then Selena breathes into the mike slightly. The techno beat PLANITb remix starts. Everyone throws off their costumes to show a new set of costumes underneith. Selena is dressed like Aerith, Krillin is dressed like Cloud, Sakura is dressed like Yuffie, and Cell is dressed like Sephiroth. Selena moves and taps her foot to the beat. Then, she sings again, but the lyrics are in Japanese and the tempo is a little different.))

Selena:

shizukani

deguchini tatte

kurayami ni hikari wo ute (ute, ute, ute....)

imadoki yakusoku nante

fuan ni saseru dakekana

negai wo kuchi ni shitaidake sagasou

kunimo shoukai suruyo kitto umaku ikuyo

((She kicks into the chorus))

donna tokidatte

tada hitoride

unmei wasurete

ikitekitanoni

totsuzen no hikari no naka megasameru

mayonakani

((She then launches into the last verse))

motto hanasouyo

mokuzen no ashita no koto mo

terebi keshite watashi no koto dake wo

miteiteyo

((Keeping into the remix and tempo, she sings the verse in English))

Hold me

Whatever lies beyond this morning

Is a little later on

Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all

Nothing's like before

((The techno wraps up, then fades with Selena breathing into the mike.))

((The crowd goes wild and everyone takes a bow.))

Selena: **to the others** See guys? Wasn't this a good idea?

Cell: **nods** Good thing I didn't back out.

Selena: **waves at the crowd and at the reader** Thank you all for your suggestions, and Happy Holidays!

Curtain Call