Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Unlikely Bond ❯ Getting Comfortable ( Chapter 64 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ or any of the characters! If I did, the anime would never end and GT would have never happened!

Story notes: This takes place ten years after the Buu saga. The only differences I can think of is that the whole thing with the world tournament in the last episode never happened and Goku didn't leave to train Uub. I wouldn't count on anything from the movies being part of this story's time line either, 'cause I haven't seen them all and they usually don't fit into the show's time line anyway. Especially that Broly crap. Vegeta cried through, like, that whole movie! That certainly didn't happen in this story....but, that's a different rant altogether. Hope you enjoy!

PLEASE heed warning in story description!! If you missed it, this story is not for children! It is also not for people who do not like stories that contain elements of violence, strong language, adult situations, references to sex and sexual activity between men and women, and men and other men. Oh, and fictional alien men having babies...'cause that's a'happen' here folks...

To my wonderful, wonderful beta-reader, Rowina: Thank you, thank you....thank you... ^-^


Unlikely Bond

Chapter 64
Getting Comfortable


Goten sighed as the car came to a halt outside of the Briefs’ home. He looked over at Trunks as the older teen placed the vehicle in park and cut the engine.

“Well?” Trunks began.

“Well, what?” Goten replied. “If you mean: ‘Well, was that not the coolest indoor motorcycle race track?’ Then yes, it was the coolest!” Trunks smiled.

“I’m glad you liked it. The CC720s are supposed to be the fastest cycles currently in production. The mechanics are state of the art.”

“They should take that as a compliment, considering that you’ve flown space ships,” Goten laughed.

“Yeah, well...” the older teen shrugged. “So you had a good time?”

“I had a great time,” his friend explained. “You’re a very inventive date-taker.” The comment caused his friend to chuckle. “Dinner, motorcycle racing instructions and then dessert coffee in a cool little jazz club. I mean, who’s ever heard of ‘dessert coffee’?!” The dark haired boy made a gesture of surrender. “It was delicious, though. I’ve mainly stuck to the ol’ dinner, movie... back seat of the car kinda date.” He looked over his shoulder to the space behind them. “... Well, whaddaya know...”

Trunks rolled his eyes.

“Let’s head in. It’s past one, and Dad is going to kick us out of bed at the break of dawn.” Goten groaned, exiting the car and following his friend inside.

“Ugh, I forgot...”

The two made their way to Trunks’ suite, and said little as they readied themselves for bed. As Trunks looked through his dresser for night clothes, he addressed his friend.

“So... you want to do it again?”

“That particular entertainment combination?” Goten responded. “Or just the ‘go out’ part? ’Cause while I’m certainly in favor of both, you don’t have to go through so much trouble every time. I am more than happy visiting smaller places. For instance, the back seat of your car.”

Trunks chuckled.

“Are you admitting to being low maintenance?” he asked.

“Nope,” his friend replied confidently, “I’m admitting to being a man-whore.”

Trunks’ laughter quieted a bit.

“...Don’t say that.”

Goten sighed dramatically.

“I’m not afraid to admit the truth,” he smiled. Trunks shook his head.

“You are not a ... a man-whore.” The younger boy shrugged.

“I might have been if I had met someone else that kissed as good as you do,” he mumbled. Trunks blushed -- but grinned, self satisfied.

“Thanks.”

“No prob,” Goten assured. Trunks crossed to his friend and handed him some pajamas. “So it’s really time for bed, huh?” Goten asked. “No sneaking into the den for video games or raiding the fridge?”

“Not unless you want to be even more miserable on the sparring field than you’ll already be,” Trunks answered. Goten made an expression of disappointment.

“Then...then I guess this is good night... You mind if I sleep in here?”

“Not at all.”

The younger Saiyan grinned.

“You always go to bed with your date on the first night?” he teased.

“Just the whores,” Trunks replied coolly. Goten laughed heartily, dropping his pajamas on the bed.

“You don’t know that yet!” he exclaimed. “I didn’t even get a good night kiss!”

Trunks placed his night clothes on the end of the bed and crossed to stand in front of the other Saiyan.

“Good night, Goten,” he said plainly, bringing a hand to Goten’s cheek and drawing him close. Goten kept his eyes open as their lips met, bringing his hands up to rest on Trunk’s arms.

Okay,’ Goten spoke to himself, as he affectionately returned the kiss, ‘this is a little bizarre. How can I feel this good kissing another guy...

Goten’s hands moved down from Trunks’ arms to his hips, pulling the older teen closer as their kiss deepened.

But I do...

Trunks brought his other hand up to Goten’s cheek, before drawing it through the younger boy’s thick raven hair.

He is just... everything.

Goten slid his hands up Trunk’s torso to loosen the tie at his throat and pull the strip of silk fabric away. A smile quirked the corner of his lips as he coaxed Trunks’ tongue into action with his own.

Trunks felt a rush of warmth across his skin. Not even in his longest relationships had he been in a situation where someone undressed him, nor had he ever attempted to undress anyone. But he had seen Goten in very little, even nothing, many times... and they had to undress for bed anyway, so... he couldn’t pinpoint how this could be wrong. Goten’s fingers were working the buttons of the young prince’s shirt, pulling the fabric free from where it was tucked into still neatly pressed khakis. Trunks mirrored the movement, unbuttoning Goten’s shirt but moving a step further by sliding the deep blue garment down his arms.

Goten let the shirt drop to the floor, pulling away from the older teen only long enough to pull his T-shirt over his head and drop it on top of the dress shirt. Eagerly, they brought their mouths back together, their kissing becoming increasingly deep and hungry as their bodies pressed against each other. Their hands roamed with impatient curiosity over each other's bodies, the actions seeming to come as naturally as breathing, feeling just as vital.

Trunks felt the backs of his calves hit the bed, and he put out a hand to control his descent as he slowly lay back upon the mattress. Goten never broke from him, lying flat across the body beneath him. Trunks’ thighs parted to allow Goten room to settle, the incredible sensation of friction and pressure against his groin rivaling the delicious heat of flesh against flesh. Trunks wrapped his arms around the hard body above him. It felt like it had been so long since he had intimate contact with another... and everything Goten did, he did so well...

Goten drew a hand across Trunks’ torso, brushing his thumb across the prince’s nipple, feeling the flesh tighten in response. The hard, lean muscles of Trunks' body tensed, reacting with such desire that it was intoxicating... and arousing. Goten could feel the heaviness of his erection growing between his legs, pressing down on just as formidable a presence. On instinct, he drove his hips forward, wrenching a moan from his partner, the sound only succeeding in fortifying his need.

Goten groaned as Trunks’ fingers entwined in his hair, and he submitted as the older teen began sucking on his tongue. Goten continued to knead and stroke the perfect muscles of Trunks’ chest and stomach, amazed with the amount of natural force he could exert and keep the older boy moaning. So unlike anyone he had been with before... so unlike a human... It wasn’t that fact alone that made this feel different, but he felt an emotional connection. He felt comfortable. He felt hot.

So hot.

Their kissing slowed from their fevered frenzy into a more smoldering passion. Goten brought his hands up to Trunks’ face, pushing back the soft lavender hair, trailing kisses across his friend’s cheek and down his throat. Trunks shifted beneath him, inadvertently pressing his pelvis against Goten’s. The younger boy let out a soft moan, dropping his head onto Trunks’ shoulder and pushing his hips forward. For a moment he could think of nothing but the desire to thrust, to drive, to bury himself in his partner’s warmth.

The younger teen gave a grunt of frustration, the sensation of touch too greatly muted by the fabric of his jeans and Trunk’s khakis. Goten pushed himself to his knees, pulling his belt open and unbuttoning his pants.

Trunks watched his friend out of half lidded eyes, his heart pounding heavily from exertion and anticipation.

Goten paused, staring back down at the handsome young prince beneath him. Trunks’ bare chest rose and fell with each panting breath. Goten moved his eyes from Trunks’ face, down his lean torso and beyond, to where his own hands were stilling in the motion of opening the other teen’s zipper.

Goten licked his lips and took a deep breath.

“I, uh...” he began quietly. “I don’t know where I thought I was going with this...”

Trunks gave a soft laugh, closing his eyes.

“I don’t know where I was going to follow,” he admitted. Goten moved to the side and settled on the bed next to him. Acknowledging that he had no idea what to do next didn’t alleviate the throbbing ache in his groin. He put a hand over his eyes and took a deep breath.

“Well,” Trunks began, turning onto his side to look at his friend, “at least we don’t have to wonder if our physical attraction is limited to kissing.”

“And that fact is now painfully obvious,” the younger boy admitted sourly. “Painfully.”

“I’m sorry,” Trunks replied honestly, affectionately running his hand over Goten’s arm. “Why don’t you go take a shower... you’ll feel better.”

Goten didn’t look convinced or amused by the suggestion.

“What about you?”

“I’ll be fine,” Trunks replied. “I’m going to sleep.”

Goten’s eyes moved down to the still pronounced bulge in Trunks’ slacks.

“Don’t jerk off on my side of the bed,” he said dryly as he pulled himself from the bed.

“Goten,” Trunks retorted, “honestly...”

“I know, I know,” Goten continued, picking his pajamas up from where they had been knocked to the floor. “We’re dating now. You are more than welcome to jerk off on my side of the bed -- just make sure I’m not in it.”

Trunks put his hands over his face, shaking his head in a mixture of disbelief and amusement.

“Gah... you’re so vulgar.”

“Nah, vulgar is asking you to wait until I am on my side of the bed before having a wank.” He heard his friend groan as he strolled toward the bathroom. “Just so you know, Mr. Briefs, you are about to join the illustrious ranks of those who have previously only included swim suit models and very select actresses.”

“What do you mean?” Trunks called after him, sitting up on the bed. Goten stopped in the bathroom doorway and turned to answer before he shut the door.

Think about it.”

Trunks blinked as he stared at the closed door.

Swim suit models...

Actresses...

A brilliant, scarlet blush rose up his neck to color his face as Goten’s words dawned on him.

Trunks ran a hand through his hair, pulled his pajama shirt from the floor and slipped it on.

What had just happened here? Things had moved so quickly. How far would they have gone had Goten not spoken?

Trunks decided to attribute it to a very long night and the fact that they had not been out on dates in quite a while. Especially him.

He stood and took a deep breath, clearing his mind as he finished putting on his pajamas and tried to concentrate on calming his energy and not on his still obvious arousal. Settling onto the bed, Trunks centered his ki and attempted to meditate.

How would his father feel if he knew this was how he employed his training?

He’d probably just be happy he was practicing at all.

Trunks felt guilty lying to Vegeta about having a more intimate relationship with Goten, but at the time he denied having one, it had been true. It still felt weird keeping the truth from him now, even knowing that he and Goten would reveal their relationship when the time was right.

Trunks got beneath the sheet and lay back onto his pillow as Goten came back into the room, still soaking wet. Trunks watched the younger boy shake the water from his spiky black hair like a dog coming in from the rain. It made him smile.

Goten smiled roguishly at his friend, giving a shrug of his eyebrows as he prowled back to the other side of the room. He leaned down over the teen prince and kissing him abruptly.

“You were great... in case you were wondering,” he said huskily, with a hint of humor.

“Gah,” Trunks responded, pushing him away. “Don’t tell me that!”

Goten chuckled dryly, lying down across the end of the bed.

“Seriously, dude,” he replied, “I should go sleep in my own room, or... I could keep taking showers all night.”

Trunks grimaced.

“That won’t be necessary. We need sleep so Dad can make us miserable in the morning.”

Goten stared at him a moment without answering. Trunks sat quietly, waiting for the other boy to speak.

“What?” he finally had to ask.

Goten shook his head as he crawled over to his side of the bed and got beneath the sheet.

“Good night.”

Trunks watched him curiously before he turned off the light. After a minute of silence in the dark, Goten spoke again.

“I had a great time tonight, man,” he said quietly, without turning to face his friend. “Thank you for treating it like a ‘real’ date.”

“It was a real date,” Trunks replied, peering through the darkness at the younger Saiyan’s back. “And... I’m glad that you had a good time. Next time we can go someplace more low key.”

“I’d like that.”

Trunks was a tad confused by Goten’s sudden change in demeanor.

“I’m gonna kick your ass on the sparring field tomorrow,” he told the younger boy.

“Don’t be stupid,” Goten returned. “Bulla is going to kick both of our asses.” Trunks smiled.

“Right... Good night, Goten.”

“Night, Trunks... Sleep well.”

Goten didn’t close his eyes right away, but stared out of the window at the face of the moon. He always knew that he and Trunks shared something special, but the situation was becoming funny to him, yet serious. Surreal. Making the leap from ‘friend’ to ‘lover’ was obviously not a big one. He wasn’t exactly sure what he had wanted to do to Trunks, but he knew he’d wanted something. And that thought, while humorous, was also troubling. He didn’t want to rush things. Not before they had a chance to get a feel for being more than what they had been. It was just so easy to give everything to his life-long companion. Too easy.

He would have to show more restraint, for Trunks’ sake. He didn’t want the older teen to have regrets.

Especially ones concerning him.


~~~~~~~~~~


Bulma sipped her cup of coffee, watching Chi Chi as she peered out of the kitchen window at the sky. The younger woman had yet to sit down for two minutes together that morning, keeping vigil for the rest of the house’s occupants.

“They’ll be back soon,” Bulma told her. “Sit. Have some coffee.”

Chi Chi looked to the kitchen clock, frowning.

“It’s almost nine, Bulma,” she stated. “They’ve been out there almost four hours. Goten hasn’t eaten yet! Aren’t you worried about Trunks or Bulla?”

Bulma chuckled.

“Contrary to what they would have you believe, a Saiyan can go for more than an hour past breakfast.”

“But Vegeta’s had them out there since five a.m.,” Chi Chi replied, sitting in her chair at the table. “Goten is still a growing boy.”

“Who is out with his father. And Vegeta thinks of him as a son, so he’ll be fine.”

Chi Chi was quiet after that statement. True, for as long as she could recall, Vegeta never complained when Goten would accompany Trunks on outings with his father. And as the boy grew older, it was obvious that Vegeta had done enough to endear himself to her youngest son.

The two women turned as the patio door slid open and Bulla poked her head inside.

“Mom, can you capsulize the regen tank and bring it here?” she asked with a smile.

Chi Chi’s and Bulma’s eyes widened in alarm.

“What happened!? Who’s hurt?!” Chi Chi demanded before the other woman could speak.

“Trunks,” Bulla replied. “We were playing four against two, and Papa sent this wicked cool energy blast at us and Trunks jumped in the way and boom!” The pre-teen made a wide motion with her arms to illustrate her story. “It made this weird cracking sound ‘cause the angle was really strange...”

Bulma stood and moved past her daughter out onto the patio. The men were just now touching down on the ground.

“I’m okay, Mom,” Trunks said before she could ask. “It doesn’t hurt.”

“I asked her to bring you the tank!” Bulla informed him. Her brother gave a shake of his head, smiling.

“I can walk there. Seriously!” he declared.

“Well, let’s get you down there,” Bulla said, taking hold of his arm and examining the wound.

“It’s a clean break. Nothing appears shattered,” Trunks told her. “I was trying to deflect it. It didn’t hit head on.”

“Well, aren’t you a sweet brother?” she replied. “Come on. The rest of you hit the showers. Breakfast is ready.”

Vegeta frowned, watching Bulma and her son head toward the lab. He had purposefully directed the majority of his attacks at the girl to test how Trunks, Goten and Daikkon would react. They expended twice as much energy trying to protect the princess than they would have attacking him directly. For reasons probably having to do with Earth’s unbalanced attitude toward gender.

“I’m sorry, Trunks!” Bulla called after him. “Thank you!”

Trunks gave her a smile and a wave with his non-injured hand. Vegeta nudged the princess, moving her on into the house.

The Saiyans were quick to return to the breakfast table, freshly showered and extremely ravenous. There was little conversation during the meal after Bulla and Goten had sufficiently teased the now healed Trunks, and the focus was directed toward the food.

As Goten reached for the last biscuit on the platter, Bulla snatched it.

“Hey!” Goten exclaimed as Bulla giggled. “I’m a growing boy. I need that more than you.”

“But I’m a princess. I deserve it.”

Goten’s eyes darted to Trunks, who was chuckling over the incident.

“Here,” Bulla offered sweetly, breaking the biscuit in half and holding it out to him. “I can be a gracious royal.”

Goten chuckled good-naturedly, taking the offered food. Those at the table also laughed over their interaction until Vegeta cleared his throat.

Uncomfortable with the new silence, Goku spoke.

“That was a really great match today! You’re a good fighter, Daikkon.”

“You flatter me,” the younger Saiyan replied. Vegeta and Chi Chi could not help but share a mutual look of disgust. “But your strength is quite superior.”

“I’m working my way back up to it,” Goku replied, glancing to Vegeta. He had been excited about the match, but was slightly crestfallen to be Vegeta’s teammate instead of his opponent. He ached for the day they could fight like old times.

“Are you all training any more today?” Bulma asked.

“I have two classes this afternoon,” Trunks told her. “And I’m working in the lab later, so no more for me today.”

“Would you be able to train with me, Vegeta?” Goten asked the prince.

“You could certainly use the training,” Vegeta replied plainly, in between bites.

“Me too!” Goku exclaimed happily.

“Goku,” Chi Chi interjected gently, “if you are training with Goten and Vegeta, who will watch the children? Bulma and I were going to Mt. Paozu to collect a few more things.”

Goku’s smiled faded.

“Oh...”

“There is no reason we can’t take them with us,” Vegeta stated. “It will not be until late, and they will probably sleep the whole time.”

Chi Chi looked over her shoulder to the two seat infant swing where the tiny infants sat. If she could trust her own children to Vegeta’s care, she supposed she could trust the man with his own children. But they were just babies... and so cute...

“Well, I have to get ready for class,” Trunks announced, standing and placing his napkin next to his plate. “Excuse me.”

Goten felt his heart thump loudly in his chest, certain everyone could hear it. Would it look too suspicious if he followed too quickly? Or was that how he always reacted?

“I’m done, too,” he stated nonchalantly, pushing his chair from the table. Instead of following directly after Trunks, he paused to kneel down in front of the twins. “You guys gonna train with us today, huh?” he asked, taking hold of a little hand in each of his. He peered over his shoulder, confident no one was paying him any attention, before he slipped off down the hall.

Trunks was at his desk, organizing papers in a large binder. He looked back at the younger boy as he entered the room.

“Kami, I’m exhausted!” Goten groaned, dropping onto the bed. “I can’t believe your father woke us so early!”

“I can’t believe you can’t believe it,” Trunks replied with a smile as he turned back to his work. “And I can’t believe you volunteered for more.”

Goten shrugged, pulling a pillow beneath his chin.

“I don’t work today. You’re gonna be gone... What else is there?” he grumbled. Trunks didn’t respond. Goten narrowed his eyes at the lavender haired teen. “What classes today?”

“Anatomy and chemistry,” he replied. “Medical classes today, not engineering or robotics.” Goten wrinkled his nose in irritation.

“You work too hard,” he said grumpily. “When the real school year starts, I’ll never see you. Our youth is over. Wasted.”

“Man, are you over dramatic when you are sleep deprived,” Trunks chuckled as he stood and placed his school items in his bag. “Maybe you should take a nap.”

“Hm... maybe,” Goten returned, closing his eyes. He was silent a moment before opening one eye to Trunks. “Aren’t you tired?” The older boy shrugged.

“Of course. But I have class.” He dropped his bag to the floor and settled on the side of the bed next to Goten who closed his eyes again to feign sleep. Trunks ran his hand over the younger Saiyan’s soft, dark hair, causing him to lean his head against Trunks’ thigh. “I don’t have class tomorrow... You want to have that afternoon at the beach?”

“Sounds good,” Goten replied. “You know what sounds better?”

“Hm?” Trunks asked, continuing to run his fingers through Goten’s ebony spikes.

“Blowing off school and taking a nap with me.”

Trunks groaned inwardly. The idea was incredibly attractive. He, too, had only gotten a little over 3 hours of sleep last night, and the idea of spending a lazy day in his best friend’s company... it bordered on irresistible.

“But you shouldn’t,” Goten continued. “I mean, you shouldn’t skip class.”

“I’m not so sure,” Trunks replied quietly.

“I am,” Goten announced, eyes still closed. “You’re going to be a world famous robot doctor some day!”

Trunks smiled.

“You think?”

“Of course.” Goten pulled away from him, rolling onto his back. “I don’t want to be responsible for ruining the education you put so much time and money into." Trunks grimaced.

“That wouldn’t happen. I’m responsible for my own actions.” He gave his friend a pat on the thigh. “Sleep well.”

Goten gave a nod, his eyes barely opening to watch him as he picked up his bag and left the room.

Once alone, the dark-haired Saiyan rolled over onto his side, pulling the pillow comfortably beneath his head. He was disappointed that he couldn’t spend the afternoon with his best friend, and he felt that that feeling was dumb. He and Trunks had spent time apart before... of course, upon reflection, he hated being apart from him then, too.

How could they not see this coming? How could he expect to not fall for the most wonderful, caring person on the planet?

Goten frowned as he thought about that. Trunks was wonderful. He was handsome, smart, courageous and courteous. Didn’t he deserve someone of a higher class than what he was? Someone who could... could give him what Goten felt he couldn’t?

The teen thought hard on what that might be.

His best friend deserved love. Check. No problem. Goten had that in mass quantities.

Trunks deserved respect. Goten respected no one more.

Trunks deserved someone who would help him enjoy life. He could not be outdone in that department.

Trunks deserved someone who could make a life with him. Goten wasn’t sure what that entailed, exactly, but he knew he and Trunks made a great team.

Goten’s frown deepened as a new thought surfaced in his mind.

Trunks deserved to be desired as a lover and someone who could give him children.

Now, the first part he was not having a problem with. But the second... he wasn’t sure if there was a man or woman alive he could love enough to go through what his father had.

But, he considered, if he would do it for anyone... it would be Trunks.

Just not for a long, long time.

Strike that. He was back to being unsure.

Even though his mental checklist showed he had what he wanted for Trunks, there was stillnagging in the back of his mind that questioned whether he was good enough.

The teen sighed loudly, rubbing a hand across his tired eyes. There was no point in debating it with himself. He was enjoying every new development, and Trunks didn’t seem to be adverse to them, either. Their relationship was strong enough to withstand anything.

But... just what if?...


~~~~~~~~~~


“Knock, knock!” Yamucha called, poking his head inside the front door of the Briefs’ home. He looked around for signs of life before stepping inside. “Bulma? Good morning...”

Bulma came into the room from the den, a smile on her face upon seeing her friend.

“Hi,” she greeted in return, giving him a hug. “I’m glad you stopped by.”

“Thanks,” he said. “I’m looking for Goku, actually. I was just up at Mt. Paozu -- wanted to take a peek at those babies.” He held up a gift bag in his hand to punctuate his statement. “But no one was home. Not even Chi Chi.”

Bulma grinned widely, clasping her hands together.

“That’s because they’re here!” she told him.

“You having a get-together?” he asked.

“I am this weekend,” she explained with a wink. “But, no get-together today.”

“So... the Sons are just here hanging out?” he asked for clarification.

“No.” Her smiled widened. “There is some great news behind this.”

“Supreme Kai in Otherworld, Bulma!” Yamucha swore. “What now?”

“A little faith, please,” she snapped. “It is great news. Goku and Chi Chi have decided to bring the kids and live here at Capsule Corp.with us like one big, happy family.”

Yamucha blinked at her, his large dark eyes blank.

“What?”

Bulma shrugged, turning from him and moving back into the den.

“We decided, as a family, that it was in the twins’ best interest to be raised by their parents in a one-family home.”

“Holy shit,” he breathed in amazement. “You’ve finally reached ‘mad scientist’ level. And I thought that the final requirement was crazy white hair... but you’ve found a way to bypass that.”

Bulma gave a grunt of annoyance, sitting behind her desk.

“What do you know?”

“I know Chi Chi and Vegeta sure-as-shootin’ don’t want to live under the same roof,” he replied.

“It’s working out rather well,” she sniffed.

“Oh yeah?” he demanded, leaning onto the desk. “For how long now?”

Bulma shrugged, stacking papers on her desk as she muttered:

“So far...one day.”

“One day!” He dropped the bag on the desk and ran his hands through his hair. “B...”

“They moved in last night,” she told him matter-of-factly. “Chi Chi and I are getting more of their stuff today. I think it’s working out well.”

“Of course it works out well after one day! But what about one week? One month, hmn? You know what they say about guests and fish --”

“They’re not guests!” Bulma snapped sternly. “They are family. This is their house now.”

Yamucha grimaced as he shook his head in disbelief.

“That is easy for you to say,” he informed her. “You aren’t the one being uprooted and transplanted into a new home. Why didn’t you offer to go move to the mountains?”

Bulma rolled her eyes dramatically.

“Because that would have been impractical. They had barely enough room for just them and Goten, let alone the twins.”

“Oh yeah,” Yamucha said with a snort, “it’s not like you don’t have access to tons of capsule houses, being the owner of Capsule Corp and all --”

“It’s working,” Bulma insisted. “Vegeta will get to sleep at night, Goku doesn’t have to worry about the babies, Bulla is ecstatic to be a hands-on big sister and Trunks and Goten are practically beaming. I think it’s great.”

Yamucha’s eyebrows rose.

“What about Chi Chi?”

“She’s fine with it. Just as I only want what’s best for everyone, so does she.” Yamucha was still staring down at her as though she had just sprouted horns. “Goku is on the back patio, since that is what you came for,” she said dismissively.

“Bulma,” he groaned. “Baby, I’m not trying to give you a hard time, it’s just... sometimes your ideas --”

“Like the baby shower?” she butted in. “You hated that idea, too, but it was a big success.”

Yamucha smirked.

“I still think that was a bad idea,” he replied, picking his bag back up. “Back patio, huh?”

Bulma nodded and Yamucha turned, making his way through the living and dining rooms to the patio doors. After opening the doors, he stopped abruptly, surprised to see Vegeta. The prince was reclining in a lounge chair beneath the protection of the patio umbrella. Ninji was cuddled in his arms, with a firm hold on the older Saiyan’s tail. Goku was sitting on the edge of the pool, his feet in the water and Vejita in his lap. The tiny blonde, dressed only in a diaper, was giggling madly every time Bulla surfaced from beneath the water, causing just enough splash to wet the baby’s toes.

Yamucha cleared his throat and shut the door behind himself.

“Hey, all,” he greeted, drawing everyone’s attention.

“Hi, Uncle Yamucha!” Bulla responded, pulling herself onto the side of the pool. “You gonna swim with me?”

“Oh, I don’t know about today,” he replied with a laugh. “Where’s your brother and Goten?”

“Trunks is at school, and Goten is sleeping. Come on! Don’t be a wuss!”

Yamucha chuckled, leaning down to give the baby on Goku’s lap a pat on the head.

“How’re you doing, Goku?” he asked.

“Good,” Goku replied. “We were just enjoying the cool weather.”

“Yeah, they say there is a storm heading in,” the ex-bandit said, turning back to the princess who was now floating serenely on her back. “Yet another reason to avoid the pool.” She smiled at him.

“Wuss.”

Goku and Yamucha laughed.

“Well, I’m glad you stopped by,” Goku continued speaking to his friend.

“I had to track you down,” Yamucha admitted. “You should have posted a sign at your house or something.”

Goku gave a sheepish grin.

“It happened so fast...” he tried to explain.

‘That’s Bulma for you,’ Yamucha mused inwardly. He knew better than to speak of Bulma in front of Vegeta, not to mention speaking ill of her. ‘Do what she wants, and do it now!’

“Speaking of,” Goku said, moving on to a new topic as he held the baby out at arm’s length, “aren’t they growing fast? Look at how big they are!”

Yamucha smiled at the baby who shrieked with glee at being suspended above the glimmering pool.

“Crazy. But that reminds me.” He motioned to the bag he carried. “I brought something for them.”

“Oh yeah?” Goku asked, standing. “You didn’t have to.”

“Well, I just saw them while I was shopping, and I knew you said the twins would grow fast.” He pulled two items from the bag. “And they’re a really neat idea, I think.”

Goku took one of the items, giving it a scrutinizing look. It kind of looked like a pacifier on one end, and a tiny sock on the other.

“...What is it?”

“It’s a teething ring... sort of. That little mesh baggie is supposed to hold ice in it so they can suck on it when their teeth come in. It’s also good for getting them used to the taste of real food. You can fill it with frozen fruit or veggies... or meat, since they’re Saiyan!” he laughed.

Goku chuckled, letting his son grasp at the packaging.

“That’s a great idea, Yamucha. Thank you.”

Yamucha gave him a wink.

“Oh, don’t thank me. The woman behind me in line struck up a conversation with me over how interesting they were. She thought I was such a ‘good-hearted friend’ to be out shopping for your babies. I got a date out of it. So, thank you.”

“Thanks, just the same,” Goku assured him with a smile as he crossed to the prince. “Vegeta, look. Aren’t these neat?”

“Amazing,” the prince replied dryly, but gave a nod of thanks toward the human.

A crash of thunder sounded suddenly over head, causing both infants to cringe. Ninji curled close to his father, while Vejita blinked his dark eyes toward the sound, but tightened his tail around his mother’s arm.

“Goku,” Chi Chi called from the patio doorway, “it’s going to rain. Why don’t you all come in for a snack?”

“Can you stay?” Goku asked Yamucha before responding to his wife.

“Sure thing, if there’s enough room.”

“There is always enough room at Capsule Corp!” Bulla stated as she climbed from the pool and drew a towel across her torso. “Should I wake up Goten?”

Another loud clap of thunder sounded. Vegeta stood from his lounge chair, tucking Ninji up close to his throat.

“If this weather doesn’t wake him, I’d let the boy sleep. He might not want to face us so soon after such a dismal performance on the field.”

Bulla didn’t respond, but frowned slightly as she proceeded the men into the house.

“Not a moment too soon,” Bulma commented, watching through the patio doors as the first raindrops began to fall. “I hope it doesn’t last. We still have quite a bit to get from Mt. Paozu.”

Vegeta’s eyes darted to Chi Chi. The younger woman was concentrating on the plate of snacks she was preparing, her eyes downcast as if she were not listening to the group. He could tell by the subtle way the muscles in her throat constricted that she had heard.

Slowly, Chi Chi raised her eyes, feeling the weight of the prince’s dark gaze.

“Would you like coffee, Vegeta?” she spoke evenly, crossing to set the tray in the center of the table.

“Yes,” he replied. Yamucha and Bulma looked to one another. Yamucha’s eyes held a slight hint of unease. He couldn’t imagine a worse situation for the Sons and the Briefs, despite Bulma’s self-satisfied smirk. It was like mixing oil and water...

With plutonium.

“I’m home!”

Bulma turned from the scene before her to the living room, where her son had just come through the door. He was shaking the water from his hair, and his clothes were damp from the rain.

“It’s really coming down hard now,” he told her.

“You’re home early,” Bulma commented. “I thought you had class until two?”

The teen shook his head, leaning his hands on the back of her chair.

“It’s not the way it worked out,” he replied, hoping it didn’t sound as vague to them as it did to himself. “Hey, Yamucha.”

“Hey, kid. You gonna join us for a brunch?”

“Nah, I ate just before I came home... I think I’m going to go lie down for a bit...” He debated with himself on how suspicious it would appear if he asked for Goten’s whereabouts. He decided that it would be more suspicious if he didn’t ask at all. “Goten’s not at work in this rain, is he?”

“Nope,” Goku replied around a mouthful of food. Chi Chi continued, to save her husband further exhibition of poor manners.

“I think he’s still napping” she said. “He probably won’t be up for a while. That boy sleeps like his father -- so you’re safe to sleep a while. He won’t be ready to go out gallivanting until lunch time.”

“Okay,” Trunks responded with a smile. “I’ll see you all later.”

The teen pulled his backpack over his shoulder and headed toward his room. He shut and locked the sitting room door before making his way into the bedroom. The lights were off and with the overcast storm clouds, the room appeared quite dark the late morning hour.

Goten was sleeping in the middle of the bed. He must not have moved since Trunks had left for school.

The young prince quietly set his bag by the desk. The rain pounding on the window pane, punctuated ever so often by loud booming thunder, didn’t stop him from trying to remain as quiet as possible -- even though he knew Goten to be a heavy sleeper.

Stripping down to his T-shirt and boxers, Trunks moved to the bed, picking up the light quilt at the foot and pulling it over his friend. He lay down at the younger teen’s side, staring at the back of his head half hoping he would wake. He had to admit he was tired, so he draped his arm over his eyes to block out what little light there was. He lay there like that for a moment listening to the rain, until it occurred to him: Goten was no longer just his friend. He was his boyfriend. And he had wanted to spend this afternoon with him. Their relationship was in the new, awkward ‘courting’ phase, and that phase seemed like a step back from how close they were used to being.

Trunks pulled his arm from his eyes and turned onto his side, scooting closer to the body beside him. He slipped his arm around Goten’s waist and tucked his head down against the younger boy’s back. It was nice, comfortable... and within minutes he was asleep, despite the raging summer storm and the howling wind. The two remained sleeping for a little over an hour before Goten woke, sleepily blinking his eyes. He looked down at the arm around his waist before taking Trunks by the wrist and looking at the older teen’s watch.

“Oi,” he spoke, nudging Trunks with his elbow. “You bastard. It’s twelve-ten. Why didn’t you wake me?”

“Hm?” Trunks replied groggily. Goten twisted to lie on his back and faced the older Saiyan.

“And when did you get here? I thought you had class?”

The lavender haired prince gave a sigh, blinking his eyes open. He pulled his arm back, but left his hand resting on Goten’s stomach.

“I did,” he mumbled, his eyes sliding closed again. “Anatomy only lasted 45 minutes since the lab was full, and I asked my chem professor if I could take his class tomorrow night instead of today.” He gave another sighing yawn. “Because I know you work tomorrow night to do the watering.”

Goten grinned.

“You really rearranged your schedule just to come home and take a nap with me?”

Trunks opened his eyes, his lids still heavy.

“Yeah.”

The younger teen shook his head in amazement.

“Wow.”

Trunks’ brow furrowed in slight confusion. He leaned up on his elbow to look down at his friend.

“I’ve always made time when you’ve asked me. When you really wanted me to, anyway,” he said.

“Well, yeah,” Goten shrugged. “But that was to go to a club or to a concert... important stuff... not... take a nap.”

“It’s all important stuff,” Trunks told him, lying back down. Goten put his hand over Trunks’, and the two lay in silence together listening to the rain as it began to let up.

“Trunks?” Goten said, keeping his eyes on the ceiling. “I’ve been thinking...” Trunks watched his friend, waiting for him to continue. “I really... like this arrangement we have going here... I mean...” He gave a short laugh. “I kinda thought it might be odd... us being guys and all... but that seems to be, surprisingly, a non-issue.” Trunks smiled, but felt there was a retraction coming. “But,” Goten continued, “I’ve got one problem.”

“Problem?” the older boy asked.

“Yeah,” he responded, his hand tightening its grip on Trunks’. “You... are such a great guy. You’re smart... and strong... and giving... a real prince.” He gave the other Saiyan a smirk. “In every sense of the word.” Trunks smiled warmly at him, waiting for him to finish his thought. “You are totally the most awesome guy on the planet.” A slight insecurity began to seep into the young man’s tone. “Are you sure you want to waste it on a slacker like me? You could have anyone.”

Trunks groaned.

“Goten, you are everything I am. Not to mention funny, entertaining, spontaneous... tons of things I’m not. But we work well together, I think.” He smiled. “And if you’re looking for someone to royal suit me, you are one of the few who could. You’re every bit the prince I am. Your mom is a princess, just as my father is a prince -- in case you’ve forgotten.” His statement caused the younger boy to grin. “And besides, I know who you are when you are not pretending to be someone else. I know you are still the same kid who used to talk to bugs and lizards and wanted to give half of his dinner to the poor.”

“To which my mom would say: ‘We are the poor! Now eat!’” Goten laughed. He sighed then, looking into Trunks’ blue eyes.

“I’m fully confident in the person that you are, Goten,” Trunks told him. “So... don’t be a wuss about it.”

Goten laughed loudly and gave Trunks an elbow to the ribs.

“Bastard... I just want what’s best for you.”

“And that’s why you are,” Trunks assured him, closing his eyes again. “We just have to wait and see how this plays out... get comfortable again...”

Goten’s good humor died out as he considered what Trunks had just said. If this relationship played out well --and he couldn’t see how it couldn’t, as close as they were -- he and Trunks would be an exclusive, established couple. He had found the one person with whom he could be completely himself, completely honest and completely safe.

Goten rolled over abruptly, pushing Trunks onto his back and pinning him to the bed. Trunks raised an eyebrow, curious. Goten grinned.

“You really should have woken me up,” he whispered.

“I thought the operative word was ‘nap’,” Trunks replied in the same quiet, husky tone.

Goten grinned down at him, looking the other boy in the eyes.

“I can’t see why a guy like you isn’t already taken,” he mused. Trunks returned the smile.

“I am.”

Goten chuckled, leaning down to plant his lips against the other teen’s throat. Trunks moaned, wrapping his arms around his friend and holding him tightly as Goten began to nip and lick his way across his neck.

“Honey?!”

A loud knock on the door caused Goten to roll offthe older Saiyan and land on the floor. Trunks sat up and tried not to sound alarmed as he answered.

“Yeah?”

“Oh good, you’re awake!” Bulma spoke through the door. “Lunch is ready. Is Goten up?”

“Oh, I’m up,” the dark-haired teen whispered dryly.

“I’ll bring him with me!” Trunks replied.

“Good,” his mother responded. “It may not be a beautiful day, but that doesn’t mean you should waste it sleeping!”

Trunks stood, reaching out a hand to help Goten to his feet before he donned the clothing he had removed before his nap. Goten threw on some clothing as well before the two headed for the dining room.

Yamucha was still there, but Gohan was now with them. Goten took a seat beside his brother. The older Son was speaking to their father.

“So... you’re going to live here? Is that what you are saying?”

Goku situated the dark haired infant in his arms, laying him against his shoulder.

“Um, yeah. That’s what we’re saying.”

Gohan blinked as he looked from his father to his mother, and then to Yamucha, for reassurance that he had heard correctly. Yamucha gave a slight shrug and shake of his head.

“But... what about your house?” Gohan continued, turning now to his younger brother. “Are you living here, too?” Goten shrugged.

“Haven’t I always been living here? I mean, really.” He smiled then, turning to his mother. “But I could always set up home as my bachelor’s pad!”

“Not on your life,” Chi Chi responded sweetly. “You still need far too much supervision. I’m sure Trunks has his hands full keeping you in line.”

Goten’s grin widened as he looked to the lavender-haired Saiyan.

“You got your hands full?” he asked, taking a small bit of pleasure in the way Trunks’ eyes widened almost imperceptibly.

“Nothing is set in stone, boy,” Vegeta interrupted gruffly. “If your parents aren’t happy, we’re not forcing them to stay.”

“And we wouldn’t dare stay if it made Bulma or Vegeta unhappy,” Chi Chi added. "We are simply concerned, chiefly, with the twins’ wellbeing, above all else.” She locked her gaze on the dark eyes of the prince before continuing. “If the arrangement needs to be adjusted at a future time, then we will explore other avenues.”

“I agree,” Vegeta stated.

Yamucha stood from the table, moving toward the door to the living room. Bulma was coming inside from the front yard as he reached the door.

“Where are you going?” Bulma asked, stopping him.

“I’m getting out of here,” he replied in a whisper. “I mean: Goku and Vegeta under one roof, Chi Chi and Vegeta agreeing... it’s Armageddon, I tell you!”

“Funny,” she said dryly. Yamucha frowned as he looked down upon his friend.

“Walk me out,” he suggested, giving her a nudge. Bulma shrugged, and walked with him outside. “So... how are you?” he asked.

“Fine,” she replied, bewildered. “What do you mean?”

“Come on, B,” he implored. “You’ve taken four smoke breaks since I’ve been here. Now, I know you love your nicotine, but that’s extreme. What’s bothering you?”

“Nothing,” she laughed. “I think you’re exaggerating.”

Yamucha took her by the arms as they stood on the front step. The rain tapped rhythmically on the awning above their heads.

“Are you stressed out with having so many guests?” he asked.

“They’re not guests,” she insisted. “They’re family. And I am the one who thought of this idea! I couldn’t be happier!

Yamucha closed his eyes and shook his head slowly.

“There is something else. You forget, I’ve known you almost as long as Goku. And my knowing you more intimately beats him knowing you longer.” Bulma rolled her eyes, but remained smiling. “Just so you know,” he told her as he stepped off the porch. “If you need to talk... I’m here.”

“Thanks, but I’m fine,” she repeated. “Do you really have to go? Let me guess, you have to run to tattle to Krillin that I’ve come up with another crackpot idea?”

“Crackpot?” he repeated. “Does that come before ‘mad scientist’ or after?”

Bulma gave a sad, yet amused shake of her head, turning back to the house as he said goodbye. She paused, her hand on the door knob and looked back over her shoulder. Yamucha was already out of sight.

Taking her cigarettes from her pocket, Bulma lit one and returned the rest. Since she was already out here, one more smoke couldn’t hurt.

She was perfectly content, she told herself. Everyone seemed to be adjusting well... exceptVegeta. But she expected that. He always resisted at first before he became comfortable with changes. The first few days of transitions were always the hardest. He would get used to the new occupants in the house, and he would start to relax. And before long, they would settle back into their old habits and routines. Just because moving everyone into their home hadn’t changed how often she saw Vegeta yet, didn’t mean it wouldn’t change soon. Any day now, she would be back to falling asleep in her husband’s arms after a satisfying session of love-making or listening to the soothing, hypnotic sound of him speaking in the Saiyan tongue of things that she was sure he had yet to say in her language. They would be back to being comfortable and happy... she hoped.

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Yeah, a little heavy on the Trunks/Goten content... but there really is not much going on with little babies! lol. I am too used to writing long, soap opera style stories, so I hope ya'll can hang in there! *hugs* -B