Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Unnatural ❯ Prologue: Fed up! ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

AN: So, I haven't written a fanfic in years, so please bear with me. This is my first V/B fic, but not my first fanfic. I may be rusty, but I've finally got some ideas and I'm going to put them to use! I will warn all, my life is a hectic one, and I can become distracted. But, I fully intend to finish my stories! I love to write, it just takes some time for me to gather enough ideas to put in into words. I am currently taking time off from College to gather my life together, and I am also looking for a job, but things aren't as simple as I'm making them seem. I do have incomplete homework from previous semesters to turn in due to medical issues…Yes, I do have medical problems, but I will dedicate myself to this one story before moving on!
I know that stories such as this have been overdone, but that's why those three years haven't been shown much in the series. They are left for us to decide what happened and this is my take on what happened between Vegeta and Bulma!
I'm kind of hoping to turn this story into a trilogy, so we'll see how things go before I fully decide and how many reviews I get. If you really like this story, REVIEW!!!
I'll also be placing this story on MediaMiner.org, just in case. It's always best to have backups.
DISCLAIMER: Akira Toriyama owns Dragon Ball Z… Not me… But a girl can dream!
WARNING: This story is Rated M for sexual content, adult themes and language. If you are offended by sexual themes or any reference to sex, adult themes, or the use of profane language; this story is not for you! You have been warned!
…And onto the story…
Through the Looking Glass Book I: Unnatural
Prologue: Fed up!
She just couldn't believe it! Of all the things she's done for him, not a thank you… No ounce of gratitude! Did she have to put up with this? No! But then again, I shouldn't expect any type of gratitude from the Prince of Assholes!
Bulma stomped outside, a frown upon her face as she starred at the thorn in her side. The Gravity Room. Once again, Vegeta took the gravity past its limit, and the converter blew! Does he not realize how much money we put into this? Kami! I should just blow it up and be done with it… A wicked grin spread across her face as a sudden thought drifted through her mind. Yeah, I should do that, and then we'll see how he'll fair without his precious GR! Maybe he'll finally show ME some respect… Bulma sighed as she continued to stare at the GR, her shoulders slumped in defeat. Of course, I can't do that… He'll just make my life more miserable than it already is…
Carrying her tool belt, Bulma approached the door to the GR, typed in a code, and entered, determined to be finished and leave before Vegeta came stomping back to yell some more. Setting her tools down by the control panel, she began to take apart the console to reveal the converter. Her eyes bulged at the sight. The converter was completely fried. This is going to need to be completely replaced! I'm going to kill him! Dismantling the converter, Bulma left the GR and made her way to the lab. I can't do anything now but order another part…
Dr. Briefs was at his desk when his daughter made her way into the lab. He looked up from his prints as she threw the fried converter in front of him. He raised his eyebrows curiously at the charred part, and then looked to his angry daughter.
Bulma tapped her foot repeatedly, her hand on her hips. “He completely destroyed the converter! This can't happen anymore!”
“Bulma, dear, accidents happen…” Dr. Briefs sighed at his agitated daughter. “We'll just order another part and replace it.”
“Order another part? Do you realize how much those parts cost?” Bulma yelled angrily. “If he keeps at this, Dad, we won't have any more parts TO order!”
Dr. Briefs laughed lightly. “Honey, I think you're over-reacting just a little.”
Bulma threw her hands up and stomped to her desk. “Fine! I'll order another damn part just so he can break it… AGAIN!” She sat down with a huff, picked up the phone, and ordered the required part. At this point, she did not want to see Vegeta, she just knew how things would end up if she stayed this angry and ran into him. Guess I'll have to skip dinner tonight… That bastard…
oOo
Vegeta stepped out of the shower and raised his ki to dry himself. He smirked as he replayed his encounter with Bulma earlier…
“Onna!” Vegeta yelled to Bulma as she passed him by in the hallway.
Bulma stopped, turned, and placed her hands on her hips, the smile that had previously resided on her face had now been replaced with a frown. “What, Vegeta? I do have a name, you know!”
Vegeta crossed his arms, his legs shoulder length apart, and his stance screaming royalty with his usually scowl in place. “The GR is not working, Onna! I demand you fix it at once!”
Bulma's eyes widened, then she too crossed her arms. “Hell no! I just fixed the simulator for you four days ago! What did you do to it this time?”
Huffing, Vegeta glared at her. “I do not need to explain myself to you, just fix the damn GR so I can return to my training!”
Shaking her head, Bulma stalked up to Vegeta and poked him in the chest without thinking. “I am NOT your servant, you prick! I will fix the GR when I damn well please!” She backed away, returning his glare. “And it wouldn't kill you to ask nicely next time!”
Vegeta stopped listening after she poked him in his chest. Clenching his hands into fists, he took a step forward, and as he did so, Bulma began to back up until she hit the wall behind her. Just inches from her face was a very angry Sayia-jin no Ouji. With their noses barely touching, Vegeta took her wrist and held it up, squeezing lightly without hurting her, but his threat, though silent, was known.
Bulma swallowed hard, but never looked away. Scolding herself silently for acting without thinking, she began to open her mouth to speak, but Vegeta beat her to it. “You are a very foolish little onna… Never do that again.” He dropped her wrist and backed away while keeping his eyes on her form.
Holding her wrist to her chest, Bulma met his eyes, and instead of showing fear, her eyes, this time, were unreadable to him. Vegeta furrowed his eyebrows, then turned away to walk back to his room. Her silence, for some reason bothered him, and as he got to his door, he turned to face her only to see she was still where he left her.
Wanting to get some sort of reaction from her, he leaned against his doorway and crossed his arms. “The GR isn't going to fix itself, servant…”
Bulma's eyes flashed to his quickly and he could almost see fire ignite in their depths. She marched his way, only to stop several feet from him. “I am not, nor will ever be your servant! You can take your precious GR and shove it!” She began to walk down the hall towards the stairs, but Vegeta's deep voice stopped her at the top of them.
“My precious GR will get fixed, and if not by you, then I'll have your father do it. At least he knows his place.”
She turned back to him, and her shoulders slumped slightly. “Do not bother my father for any of your stupid demands, Vegeta,” She muttered defeated and walked down the stairs to her lab.
Vegeta watched her go with a triumphant smirk and then walked into his bedroom to finish his pushups.
His daily banter with the onna always gave him an energy boost since he no longer purged planets. Sometimes, he would seek her out just to get a rise out of her, and then leave her to drown in her anger. He never met anyone on this mud ball who had such fire in their eyes as she did. She reminds me of a Saiya-jin. Except she has a weak ki and no tail.
Vegeta left the bathroom, a towel wrapped around his waist, and he opened his dresser to grab a pair of spandex shorts… One of the only things he would wear besides his Saiya-jin armor. Dropping the towel, he slipped the shorts on and headed to the dining room where the smell of food awaited him. He took his seat at the end of the table and noticed Bulma was not present. He smirked. Weak female.
He glanced to his left at Bunny, who sat and smiled at him. He raised his eyebrow at her and shuddered. She was the only woman who could make him as uncomfortable as this. Vegeta turned away, and waited for another few seconds for Dr. Briefs and Bulma. After his stomach grumbled loudly, he turned to Bunny irritated. “Where in the hell are the onna and her blasted father?!”
Bunny giggled and reached out to touch his arm, only to have him retract it quickly. “Oh dear, they'll be along shortly! Just have patience, you handsome man!”
Vegeta crossed his arms and tapped two fingers against his biceps. No one makes the Saiya-jin no Ouji wait! Before he was able to make another complaint, Dr. Briefs entered the dining hall and took his seat.
“Sorry to keep you two waiting. I'm afraid Bulma won't be having dinner with us tonight…”
Bunny waved it off. “She shouldn't miss dinner! I'll make her a plate and take it to her!”
Dr. Briefs nodded. “That would be nice, dear.” He glanced at Vegeta, whom had already started to eat and said cautiously, “Bulma wanted me to let you know, Vegeta, that the converter to the Gravity Room was fried.”
Vegeta grumbled and shrugged. “I told that woman to fix it.”
Dr. Briefs nodded. “And she is. However…” He trailed off almost nervously. Glancing up at Vegeta who glared in his direction, Dr. Briefs took in a large breath. “We couldn't fix the converter. It was completely destroyed…”
“WHAT?” Vegeta stood abruptly, pushing his chair back to the point it fell backwards, his fists clenched, his ki rising. “I need that GR to train! It MUST be fixed at once!”
Dr. Briefs held his hands up. “It will take a few days to repair the damage, but we are taking care of it, Vegeta.”
Vegeta crossed his arms, his anger in control. “How long is a few days?”
“Maybe…Three days.”
“That is unacceptable! I will allow one day.” Vegeta replied with his head held high and his voice ringing with authority.
Dr. Briefs shook his head. “Bulma had to order another part for the converter and it takes two days to ship. Then she'll need at least one more day to complete the upgrade for the GR so it doesn't overload like it did.”
Vegeta took this information in then shook his head and stomped off towards the lab. Unacceptable! She's just trying to get back at me for earlier! He lifted his leg and kicked in the door to the lab, his eyes searching for the head of blue hair.
Bulma jumped at the sound of the doors banging off the wall hard and turned towards the entrance. There stood an angry Vegeta. She held in a giggle at the image of steam flowing out of his ears and crossed her arms as she watched Vegeta make his way to her desk where she sat. She craned her head to look up at him, knowing full well that her father had relayed her message to him.
With as much calm as she could possibly muster and even a small smile on her face, she raised an eyebrow at Vegeta, playing innocent. “To what do I owe this unpleasant visit, Vegeta?”
Vegeta copied her stance and crossed his arms, his usual scowl in place. “It is unacceptable for the GR to not be in working order for three days, Onna!”
Bulma shook her head and leaned back in her chair, crossing her legs as she spoke. “Well, this wouldn't have happened if a certain Saiya-jin no Ouji had listen to me. I told you to not take the GR past its limit or it could cause damage, but you did that anyway.” Smiling sweetly, she said just as calmly, “Now you have to suffer the consequence of your actions.”
“It will not take three days, Onna! I forbid it!”
Bulma narrowed her eyes at Vegeta and slowly stood, all the while keeping in mind the earlier events that had taken place, and telling herself to be careful of how she words what she needed to say. “Listen here, you asshole. Because of you, that GR is broken! Because of you, you have to wait for a new converter! Because of you, I am wasting my time rebuilding and upgrading that damn machine just so you can break it again! If you really want to reach your goal, you will listen to me, or I could blow that GR up and it will be no more training for you.”
As she said this slowly and calmly, she watched Vegeta's expression turn from anger, to shock, to surprise, back to anger, then to speechless as she explained how she could destroy his prized possession. Taking his speechlessness as a victory, she continued. “I am fed up with how you treat us. We are not your servants. You want servants, go somewhere else. I'll be damned if you think you can take advantage of our hospitality.” And with that, she left her lab, a smile on her face, and her head held high. Before she left, she turned back to see Vegeta still standing there completely dumbfounded, his fists clenched, starring at the space she previously occupied.
Taking in a deep breath, she walked out of her lab and towards her room for a shower. That felt too good!
oOo
Seven hundred and fifty three…
Seven hundred and fifty four…
Vegeta continually did his pushups in his room to avoid the blue headed wench. His anger had yet to resolve from their interaction in the lab. Her voice still echoed in his mind.
I could blow that GR up and it will be no more training for you…
As much as he wanted to, he knew he couldn't kill the onna. The GR was the only reason he was staying in this infuriating place, and if he didn't have that, he wouldn't ascend. Damn woman…
It had only been a day since their interaction and Vegeta was already antsy. He stood up and began to punch the air. He knew he was getting nowhere with this, but he'd rather this than waste his time sitting around not training. To him, training was his life. It was all he knew. The day you stop training is the day your dead. He scowled when he thought back to what Bunny told him…
“Dear, it's alright to take a break every now and then. You're such a dedicated young man!”
Vegeta shuddered. Take a break? I am a warrior prince! We do not receive breaks!
Dropping his arms, Vegeta grabbed his towel, wiped his face off, and placed it around his neck. He was tired of being cooped up in his room to train and decided to train outside… even though it was raining. Glancing out his window, he watched as lightning struck not too far from the house and smirked. This was something he needed. As he began to head out of his room, he bumped into a soft body and heard an “Ooof!”
Looking down, Vegeta rolled his eyes. Of course. Of all the people he bumped into, it had to be her. Bulma was sprawled on her butt on the floor, frowning up at him. “Well, if it isn't the Prince of Assholes.”
Vegeta crossed his arms and watched her spring to her feet. “Do not mock your superiors, onna.”
Bulma laughed. “My superiors? If I remember correctly, you are not even my races prince, you monkey!”
Vegeta uncrossed his arms and stepped forward, “Do not call me a monkey, you wench!”
With a smirk and a snicker, Bulma looked down at her feet and muttered, “…monkey…”
“Bitch!” Growled Vegeta.
Narrowing her eyes at him, she stuck her tongue out. “Prick!”
“Slut!”
“Douche bag!”
“Whore!”
“Bastard!”
“Ugly wench!”
Bulma gasped. “If anyone's ugly out of the two of us, it's you, dumbass!” Then she stomped away towards the stairs.
Vegeta watched her go, his anger only rising as he replayed what just happened, then scolded himself. I've lowered myself, the Sayia-jin no Ouji, to a name calling match with the wench! What is this mud ball doing to me? He shook his thoughts off and continued outside to spar in the rain.
oOo
The storm continued well into the night. Bulma sighed as she sat on the couch in the living room, flashes of light flowing in through the windows from the lightning. It had been a gloomy day. And on gloomy days, I stay up and watch my shows!
A tub of ice cream in her lap and a blanket around her shoulders, Bulma focused intently on the television screen in front of her, the romance movie playing out before her eyes. She sighed as she watched the man propose to the woman. Why couldn't Yamcha be like that? And with that, tears filled her eyes. It had been two weeks since she last talked to him. Two weeks since they broke up… again. Her idea of the perfect guy use to fit Yamcha, but as the days passed, that image no longer fit him. Sure, she missed him… But I miss how he use to be more.
Bulma eyes glossed over as she starred at Yamcha. She knew it would come to this eventually. They always broke up. But something about this time felt different to her. She had no explanation for him. Her excuses were used up. She looked him over. His arms hung by his sides in a defeated gesture, his normally tall stature was slouched, and his usually happy scarred face was marred with a frown. She wanted to look away, but she couldn't. She hated breaking hearts, especially his. And her silence was doing the job for her.
Yamcha stepped forward. “You're letting him rule your life! And you always take his shit! Why, Bulma?”
Bulma closed her eyes. Ever since Vegeta moved in, he was always a topic of discussion with her and Yamcha. More like a topic of arguments. She knew Yamcha hated Vegeta. She understood. And that's what got her in trouble. She understood. “I think you're taking this way out of proportion, Yamcha!
“I don't think I am! You always have to do something for him! And does he EVER thank you? I don't think I've ever heard him express appreciation before! If that were me, you would've hounded me for it!”
Her eyes narrowed and her fists clench. “You know what I think? That this is just some act of jealousy! I don't understand what it is with you males!”
Yamcha rolled his eyes. “It's not jealousy… Not completely, I'll admit. I just don't trust him! Have you forgotten that he got me KILLED?”
Bulma sighed. “That was so long ago and he didn't kill you, Yamcha. It was that bald headed jerk that hung around him.”
Yamcha's eyes bulged. “You're defending him! Every time this happens, you defend him! You never side with me anymore!”
Shrugging and crossing her arms, Bulma looked down at the ground. “He has no one, Yamcha. How would you feel if you were all alone on an alien planet? He's on our side for the time being… Maybe he needs someone on his?”
Yamcha took a step back. An awkward silence stretch between them. They starred each other down, both defeated. They had been arguing over this since the first day he showed up at her front door. Neither of them knew what to say. After a long period of silence, Yamcha turned his body slightly, and he glanced off into the distance. “So this is it… Because of him…”
Bulma shook her head. “No… not because of him. Because of us.” She let out a shaky breath, her eyes moist. “We just haven't worked together for a long time…”
Yamcha nodded, and then whispered, “I would've married you…” He then turned his back and left without looking back.
Bulma said nothing and watched him leave, tears streaking down her face.
Two weeks… He never called her and she never called him. She told herself it was necessary; they didn't work, haven't worked, and will never work. But it still hurt. She never told her parents about the break up and they never asked. They probably only assume it's because we're both busy people. She glanced back up at the screen in time to see the rolling credits. She stood and replaced the DVD with a comedy instead of another romance like she normally would. She wanted to distract herself and the movies were not helping. She felt alone.
A shadow passed off to her left and she jumped with a screech, her ice cream flung off her lap to land on the floor in front of her. A dark chuckle emitted from the shadows. “Silly onna, you should be more aware of your surroundings.”
Bulma peered out of her blanket in time to see Vegeta step into the light of the television and she frowned. I want company and this is who I get… “It's rude to sneak up on people, you know?”
Ignoring her, Vegeta glanced at the television, then to the ice cream which currently sat on the floor, to the blanket covered onna. He watched as she ignored his presence and picked up the tub of ice cream and took a bite. He folded his arms and continued to stare.
Bulma glanced up at him, the spoon currently sticking out of her mouth, and she pulled it out slowly, savoring the taste. She smiled. “Ever had ice cream before? It's good!”
Not answering, Vegeta glanced at the television and then back at her. Irritated with his silent presence, Bulma patted the seat next to her. “If you're just going to stand there and gawk at me, you might as well join me.”
Gritting his teeth together, Vegeta walked to the couch and sat at the opposite end his eyes on the box in front of him. Of the short time he had been there, he never once tried to watch TV, nor had it seen it on. His curiosity peaked as he watched scenes replay over and over above a menu of options. “Onna, what are you watching?”
Bulma smiled as she held the remote in her hand. She had yet to hit play and now she second guess whether she should watch this movie or ask her new companion if he had a choice. She decided to be nice. “Well, I was going to watch a funny movie. But, since you're here, I could always put in another movie, since I doubt comedy is something you'd like.”
Vegeta only grunted and Bulma took this as agreement. She decided, though she hated the genre, that Vegeta would probably only like horror and action movies, so she picked her top three that she could only remotely stand. She turned to him and held them out to him to pick. Vegeta glanced up at her suspiciously, before taking the offered cases and glancing over each one, then looking back at Bulma, a question in his eyes.
Bulma blinked. He probably doesn't know what he's holding, you idiot! Taking the cases from him she opened one of them up to show him the shiny disc held inside. “They're DVD's. Movies, in other words. I picked three out I thought you might like, and you can pick which one you want to watch.”
Again, Vegeta grunted and folded his arms. Bulma rolled her eyes. “They're all horror movies. I personally don't like horror, but sometimes I can stand them…” After she finished, she held out the choices to him. She hated gory movies. She was squeamish and hated the sight of blood, fake or not, and the movies always made it look real enough.
As if reading her mind, Vegeta smirked, and pointed to the third case. She sighed and sat the other two cases down, then replaced the movie in the DVD player with the new one. She sat on the opposite end of the couch with the blanket across her lap and hit the play button. I would've never predicted this happening in a million years… but here we are… She glanced down at his tense form and frowned. I guess it could be worse. She turned her attention back to the screen and winced at the gory scene before her.
Vegeta, on the other hand, didn't mind horror. After growing up under Frieza, and purging planet after planet, horror was nothing to him. He shifted his eyes towards the onna, then back to the television set, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. I don't know why I'm humoring her… As the gory scene played out, his mood shifted and his curiosity peaked. Maybe staying and watching the movie would be harmless after all.
Throughout the movie, Vegeta would chuckle at certain scenes, or mutter pathetic or weak earthlings while Bulma would cringe and hide under her blanket. At this point, she would rather be pathetic than watch blood spurt across the floor. It made her queasy. Vegeta, noting her silence, looked down at the onna to see her hiding beneath her blanket and he shook his head. “Can't take a little blood, onna?” He said mockingly.
Bulma peered out of her blanket and glared at him. “I'm not like you, Vegeta! I'm not use to all that blood!”
Vegeta chuckled. “You do realize its fake…” Then he muttered “…pathetic…”
Bulma narrowed her eyes and removed the blanket, determined to watch the rest of the movie without her protective shield. After watching another person get chopped up and the blood spurt everywhere, Bulma gave up and hid under her blanket. “I don't care! Call me pathetic, weak, whatever! This is disgusting!”
Vegeta sighed. “For a woman with so much talk, you sure are weak…”
Bulma muttered something under her breath, but said nothing back and waited for the credits to roll. After the movie was done, she came out of her hiding spot and turned the DVD player off. “Stupid movie…”
Glancing down at her condescendingly, Vegeta shook his head. “You are one pathetic wench…” With that, he got up and marched towards his bedroom, leaving Bulma to stare after him.
She clenched her teeth together. “That asshole! Just because I'm not use to blood like he is, he has to be a prick! I'm sick of it!” Standing, Bulma began to clean her mess and head to bed. He should know better than to mess with the one person who knows how to fix that stupid gravity room! She paused by his bedroom door and narrowed her eyes. We'll see how things play out when I get that converter…
oOo
…TBC…
ALRIGHT! I finished my first chapter of this story! It took me a bit, but I did it! I can't make any promises on update times; just because I'm not going to school doesn't mean I'm not busy. But reviews will make me update faster! I wanted to make this chapter fairly long to get me on a roll and set a bar for myself. Next time, I have to go longer! If not, scold me!
This fic will be on MediaMiner.org under The Crystal Rose. I don't know if I'll edit this for Fanfiction.net or not, depending on how far I take it with my lemony goodness.
Until next time, my lovelies!
Crystal