Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Urban Legends ❯ The Game ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ, any Urban Legends (created or on the movie) blah blah blah...



Urban Legends



Chapter One: The Game




The two people sat with each other at a small table in front of the huge café windows, watching as the rain continued to pour down from the darkened sky. They had known each other for several years, each knowing the other’s depressing life story. It had never dawned on either of them how alike their pasts were or how fucked up their minds were until the oldest of the two put an idea out in the open. And a sinister plot started to unfold in their mind as they thought of a way to bring the conversation to that idea.



“Do you know any good urban legends?”



The other raised their eyebrow, a questioning look on their face as they turned fully to look at their companion. Eyes adverted from the rain pounding the ground, splashing in the puddles created from the start of the storm. “Urban legends? Who doesn’t?” a small smile stretched over their features as they took in the facial expression their friend was wearing.



An amused grin quickly took over the other’s face as they leaned across the small table, taking in the features of their acquaintance. “I’ve got a proposition for you, something I don’t think you’ll want to pass up.” they barely noticed the faint smell of coffee coating the air, their attention was focused completely on winning over the other’s interest.



Immediately the other person perked up with amusement, leaning across the table in a mirror-like fashion to the other. “Really? Well I’ve been pretty bored lately. What do you have in mind?” another grin took over their features. Where is this going?



“Have you ever played a game?” another viscous grin.



Oh great, who knows what’s going on now. Oh well…I’ll try and survive once again.



At that the other couldn’t help but to laugh out loud, mirth dancing in their eyes. “Of course!”



“How about a game with lives at stake?” a sinister grin was clearly present on the speaker’s face, cast slightly in shadow from the dim lights of the small café. Come on, take the bait. Come on.



“Go on.”



Yes! Haha, I knew it.



“I propose that we play a game- using urban legends as the theme. You pick your victim/victims to use in your urban legend. We’ll say- over the course of a month. Anyone you want, any urban legend you want, but you can’t use one legend more than twice.”



“So we’re picking legends where our victims don’t survive or is that an option?”



“They don’t survive. The more victims, press coverage and angst, the more points. Twenty points per body, twenty per media attention, and fifty points if you can cast blame/doubt on those affected.”



“You need to give an example on the media attention. You need more detail to outline that. Otherwise you could give yourself an unfair advantage.” a faint scowl marred the talker’s features at the thought of an unfair advantage.



“Well let’s say your first urban legend killing, you get five stations, one station has two reporters and the rest have one. That would be 120 points. Media point wise.”



The other person nodded with understanding, “You’re devious. No wonder we’re such good friends.” a grin overtook their face. “Lets up it a notch, how about we include friends. If it’s a friend, it’s a bonus thirty points added to the original twenty.”



“Fair.” the other cracked a smile, Oh yeah, that’s why I’ve kept them around this long. We truly do think alike.



“So…what does the winner get? All games have a prize, what about this one?”



“How about the winner gets to choose their prize, whatever they want.”



“There has to be limits on the prize, otherwise you could say that you can kill their family or your opponent. It wouldn‘t be fair.”



“Ok, death to anything isn’t the prize. There? How’s that for a limit? Or do you need more?”



“That works for me. Don’t want you trying to kill me!” the other person laughed, sitting back in their seat awhile before reaching forward to take their drink into their hands.



“So we’re going to take and apply all we’ve said without changing a thing, we’ll wait a week before we start the game.” the speaker sat back as well, watching their friend with a calculating gaze. “You know, for an added bonus we might throw in a few ‘non fatal’ legends to scare the shit out of a few people. You know, get the fear a pumping.”



Their companion grinned, setting their cup down. “How many points would that be? Ten points, fifteen?”



“Well if it was fifteen we’d want to up everything else…so how about just ten.”



“Great.”



"It' s a deal then?" The two reached across the table, shaking hands. Sealing the fate of their intended victims, whether they were friends or innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire of the two conspiring people who appeared to be having a friendly conversation.



“So one week to get our lists together, our urban legends picked out and our supplies all in order. Not a word of this to anyone.” the other nodded before they both stood up, pulling on their coats as they headed outside, into the rain, each of them running over the ‘game’ they were about to play in their own head.



Finally we’re going to be playing a game--and everyone is going to be playing with us-with me. Now those sick fucks that I’ve lived with my whole life are going to pay.



They got into their vehicle, glancing in the backseat out of habit, nothing. Quickly a thought flashed through the person’s mind, the grin that spread across their face would be enough to scare anyone to death.



Someone in the backseat-that could work. Violent, bloody and major press coverage. Yeah, major points. But who would be the victim? Who do I want to be the victim? If it’s a friend it’s more points-but there is no point in getting so far ahead in the beginning. I wonder what they’re going to do…for the start.



A quick grin took over their features as they pulled out of their parking spot, taking off down the road as their thoughts ran rampant. Who should be first? How should I pick which legends to use? I want this to be original…maybe I could make up my own legend. That would surely earn some extra points, I doubt they’d object. I’ll have to bring that up before we officially start.



In another car the other player was going over the new turn of events.



I can’t believe this is going to really happen. Something interesting, this college town won’t know what hit it! I can pick anyone, anyone I choose! What do I want as my prize though? I haven’t even thought of that, I have thirty-eight days before we find out the winner and I have to know what I want. Anything that doesn’t have to do with death, at that point the game is over.



Who would have thought, years later I’d be participating in something like this? All those losers from my home town, thinking I’d change. That we’d change? Were they ever more wrong in their lives? I need to get back and start planning this; I can’t let my opponent get the upper hand at any point.



They finally came to a stop in their usual parking space, setting there for a moment as they watched the rain pound on the windshield. And at the same time it soaked everything else outside, watching as a group of people rushed into the building before their eyes. For all they know their lives could end, if I picked anyone of them and yet they don’t have a clue. The power alone is amazing.




End of Chapter