Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Urban Legends ❯ The Aftermath ( Epilogue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ, any Urban Legends (created or on the movie) blah blah blah...

Urban Legends
Epilogue
: The Aftermath


Vegeta hadn’t even known what he’d wanted as his prize when he’d thought of the game and thinking back to things, he’d never thought he’d end up with Bulma. Sure, when you looked over every little thing that had happened over the course of that month, you might have seen it coming or not. But he sure as hell hadn’t, Launch had always been in the picture. Once she’d crossed his path, a confused look on her perfect face, he’d been hooked and all thoughts of any other female had quickly fled his mind. He had always entertained thoughts of other women, they just were not pushed to the back of his mind as he focused on the one seemingly attached to him like glue.

Even the blue haired heiress, whose cruelty and cunning matched his own, had been pushed to the back of his mind; he’d always thought of her as unattainable and hadn’t even thought to try. Plus she was always wrapped in the arms of Sumko, the lovesick puppy, as he’d always thought of the moron. And then Bulma had killed Launch and they’d played off of each other in their sick and twisted game, though it had become obvious that Bulma's heart wasn’t in it and she wanted out. Feigning no knowledge of who’d actually committed the murders, though he knew Bulma’s pain at Goku’s death had been genuine, after all she’d just fucked his brains out the night before–shouldn’t she be upset? Then seeing the realization on her face when Goku had shown his true colors had been satisfying.

That was just something he couldn’t forgive, that fool getting a taste of heaven while he could only look on and dream of getting even close to her. It of course had made him want to kill the other man who he’d actually call a friend. Bulma’s vicious and morbid display of Launch had actually shocked him, him of all people. There had been a moment when he’d seen Launch hanging between the two trees that he’d felt true loss and he’d gone insane knowing that Bulma had done it on purpose. Her small bit of revenge against him had caused him to gain more respect for her, but he’d wanted to have his chance at breaking her down. It had made him pull those thoughts he’d shoved aside at the front of his mind, trying to get Bulma.

Then the realization that Launch meant nothing to him had come crashing down when Bulma had broken through police tape, running towards him with deep sorrow in her eyes, telling him Goku was dead. She had fought tooth and nail against the cop who’d cuffed her, trying to remain shocked that it had happened and that Launch’s death actually made her feel bad.

Even when they’d been in the middle of no-where, the conniving bitch had acted like she knew nothing of it! She’d told him that they were perfect for each other, that Launch and he were perfect for each other. It had given him pause as he’d realized that she was completely wrong, for once in her short life she’d actually been wrong and blinded by it at the same time. They were perfect for each other. No one else could possibly be her match, but him.

Vegeta watched as Bulma walked by the grave stone of her best friend, tears falling down her cheeks as she fought back the urge to cry. It was a sad sight and anyone who saw them there wouldn’t think they’d caused most of the recent graves in the small cemetery.

He’d killed Chichi to save Bulma from any possibly acquisitions from anyone, to stop suspicion that may be bred from any single clue. Goku had been his way out or Turlus since he’d killed that man, had he known what Bulma was going to do in retaliation, he’d have spared the man’s life–probably. But Goku had helped him out and it would be hard for anyone to see reason behind him, Vegeta, killing Goku.

Bulma’s blue eyes turned to look into his, defeat filled them. She knew what he could do and knew that he was in control of everything. The pain made her heart hurt and more tears collect in her eyes, she tried to hide all her tears from his prying eyes and knew she failed most of the time. Defeat kept setting in and made her set aside her pride so she could free some of the pent up emotions.

It had been eight months since their game had ended, her hand moved down to her expanding abdomen. She had taken life and now she was going to bring life into the world, her eyes glanced towards the dark figure waiting for her. The huge diamond on her left hand quickly drew her attention, yeah, he’d won.

Not even a month after the game had ended, they’d been married and a couple weeks later Bulma was pregnant–tied to Vegeta for life. She lifted her head, squared her shoulders and approached her husband. His arms wrapped around her protectively and she knew somewhere inside his cold, murderous mind–he cared about her, why else would he have fought so hard to tie her to him forever.

After all, his actions from that night proved it and yet he would never utter the words. It could have been prevented; her mind reeled at the thought. She could be married to Sumko and be carrying his child, not some monster’s spawn. The tears burned the backs of her eyes again and she held them at bay, she wouldn’t cry at her fate–she would allow herself to cry over the loss of her friends, not her fate. After all, she’d sealed the deal with a simple handshake instead of telling him he was crazy and leaving the café to resume a normal life.

If she’d never have killed Launch–no, if he’d never had killed Chichi they’d have been fine from there on out. She would have quit, she was on the verge of it and then she discovered ChiChi's body. All her friends wouldn’t have had to die, the police had arrested her brother and he was facing death row for all their deaths, the attempt at murder on her own as well. Vegeta was claimed as a hero for bringing her brother to justice and Bulma was left with a sick feeling as Vegeta had told her exactly what he’d told them.

And being the good girl that she is, recited everything he’d told her, sealing her brother’s fate and her own. Bulma looked up at Vegeta and then down to bulge in her stomach.

“I’m naming him Trunks.” she spoke up, breaking the silence and waited on baited breath for Vegeta’s answer.

“Trunks Vegeta Ouji.” he finished, watching as Bulma rubbed her stomach. “He’ll carry my name as well.” Vegeta knew where she’d gotten the name from, her convicted brother’s twin who’d died in a car wreck when she’d been 16. She couldn’t mention him because it brought tears to her eyes she’d tried to suppress for years.

“Fine.” she got into the waiting vehicle, watching as Vegeta got in as well. Her blue eyes filled with sorrow. “I regret that day.” she whispered, watching as his head snapped in her direction. “I never should have sealed a deal with the devil himself.”

Vegeta started the car, glancing sideways at Bulma, his wife and soon to be mother of his first child, his son. “Had you never agreed,” he paused, noticing Bulma turning to look at him completely, “I still would have had you.” Vegeta now knew he wouldn’t have been able to stay with Launch when Bulma was constantly there, right in front of him with someone who he had always thought to be unworthy of her affections.

Who knew the devil could look so handsome? Bulma looked down, silently wondering if it was still about her body and knowing that she’d never want the answer, but at the same time knowing she’d ask. “And what about Launch? Would you have realized that she meant nothing to you? Would you still have killed my boyfriend?” she spoke his thoughts and it made him pause, not answering for a few minutes.

Vegeta pulled into the driveway of their huge home, it had been there, waiting for him to graduate college and finally settle down. His family’s company was to be given to him shortly and he planned on merging his family’s company with Capsule Corp.

“Yeah, that wouldn’t have changed. Sumko would have died; I’ve hated him since you started dating him.”

“What about Launch?” it came out softly, she regretted what she’d done everyday of her life and prayed for God to forgive her for the blood on her hands.

“I knew all along I didn’t want her–I wanted the unattainable and I got it. End of discussion.” Vegeta parked, getting out of the car and slamming the door behind him as he stormed up to the house.

Bulma slowly got out of the passenger seat. “Am I unattainable now? No, so why do you still want me? Huh, Vegeta? What’s so special about me?” defiance laced her voice; she still had some fight left in her. It hadn’t been destroyed and probably never would.

“You may not be unattainable now, but you’re unbreakable and that’s enough.”

He left Bulma standing outside, staring at the door in shock. Unbreakable? Who was he kidding? She’d been broken since she had agreed, since she’d thrown all her beliefs out the window and killed that innocent woman. She hadn’t even known her; it had been by chance that she’d been chosen. When she’d seen her face, frozen forever in a look of shocked terror–she’d been broken–and tried to hide it from the world.

Vegeta stood in the window, watching as she just stood out there, not blinking. And then she sank to her knees, crying and pounding at the ground in fury. He watched, mesmerized as she took out all her anger on the wet grass, she thought she was broken, but she couldn’t see herself the way he did.

Despite everything she’d done, everything she’d endured and witnessed–she had gone on with life. He remembered the first time he’d seen her, he’d been 17 and she had been the same age. There had been a guy that had been harassing her for a month–or at least that is what he’d heard–and she’d finally gotten sick of waiting for someone to do something. So she’d waited and sure enough, the dumb fucker had decided to mess with her when they were playing floor hockey. Bulma had taken her hockey stick and wielding it like a baseball bat, whacked him across the head. Dropping the guy where he had stood.

She was perfect and she had but one weakness, him. Vegeta walked outside, scooping the sobbing woman up into his arms and made his way into the house as he climbed the stairs towards their bedroom. Softly, or as softly as he could, Vegeta placed his pregnant wife on their bed. He was silently thankful that the sheets were turned down enough where he could place her under the covers.

Bulma’s teary eyes locked onto his as she finally stopped crying, there was just one thing she had to know, had to ask or she knew she’d slowly die inside. “Vegeta, was it just my body you wanted?”

He blinked, staring down into her flushed face and her glassy eyes that were holding back her remaining tears. Her small hands were fisted in the sheets, resting at her side as her eyes darted from his face to her swollen stomach back to his face. Vegeta noticed the fire, the determination and the willful look on her face before his lips twitched.

“No.” the quietly spoken word lifted the weight off of her shoulders and Bulma relaxed visibly. She wanted to be with someone who wanted her for her, not just her body and it made her feel better about her own life.

“So–I’m not just there?” the hopefulness in her voice reminded Vegeta that there was a small side of her that she’d kept hidden from almost everyone–except him–her vulnerable side. The words that he’d spoken to her on that dark road had finally been spoken again, but in the form of a question he could finally answer. Sure his hands were coated in blood, his heart dead to most of the world and his pride undeniable–but even he couldn’t deny this one thing to the woman who matched him in every aspect.

“No, Bulma, you were never just there.” He leaned down and in a moment of rare sentiment placed a kiss on her forehead. “Get some rest; this isn’t healthy for my son.” He smirked, watching as Bulma relaxed back into the pillows, her eyes slowly closing as a small smile graced her lips for the first time in over half a year.

“I think I could love you, Vegeta.” She whispered before letting sleep capture her and finally letting her mind rest. Bulma had told him numerous times that she’d hated him and that she regretted the moment when they’d shaken hands, but then when she looked back on it, there was no one she cared about more. Her fear for him during the game had mostly outweighed the loss of her companions. She deeply regretted their deaths, mourned them to this day, but in the end she’d settled with someone she truly cared about, no matter how twisted he was.

The End

Well there you have it, the end of Urban Legends. Hoped this tied up all lose ends and gave some form of closure. I wrote the beginning and the end of this fic first and then went about planning out all the urban legends, who got which legend and who died for each legend. So, I hope you enjoyed this fic and I want to thank all those that reviewed my story! I have another fic, a one-shot, that is Bulma and Vegeta that is located on another account. It’s under the pen name b-chan2007 and is titled My Angel. It isn’t dark, but follows DBZ (from what I’ve been told) very closely, but has my own twist on the three-years thrown in there. So if you want, you can check it out and let me know what you think about it. It was one of my first works of Fanfiction. Let me know what you thought about this fic, Urban Legends. Thanks to all those who do review this last chapter or any of the others in the future.

And for the last time….

REVIEW