Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Urban Legends ❯ The Perfect Act ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ, any Urban Legends (created or on the movie) blah blah blah...

Urban Legends
Chapter
Fourteen: The Perfect Act


Sumko glanced around the room; Bulma hadn’t come back since the incident two days ago. He sighed; all these killings going around were beginning to truly bother him. So many people that he knew were dying and of strange deaths, he knew he’d heard of these deaths before, but couldn’t place the memory.

He kept glancing at the phone after his attention started to narrow down on one certain thing. Bulma had to call him, needed to call him in his own mind. Sumko glanced down at the small box in his hand and tightened his grip on it. He needed to see Bulma, ask her to marry him and take her away from all the violence and death that seemed to surround them.

Sumko knew he would make a perfect husband for the blue haired beauty and knew she’d be the perfect wife. He could see children in their future and see them growing old together–just as he’d hoped would happen one day.

The silence that seemed to fill the room became deafening before the shrill ring of the telephone ripped him out of his thoughts. Sumko raced to his phone and snatched it up before placing it flush against his face hoping to be able to hear Bulma’s voice better.

“You’re a dead man, Sumko.” The eerie voice reached his ears causing him to shiver before his body started to die. The poor love-sick guy dropped the phone to the floor, falling to his knees before his body started to convulse. The combination of LSD and strychnine that the killer had placed on his phone began to kill him, the box that held Bulma’s ring was still clutched in his hand as the life slipped out of him.

His body lay on the floor for only an hour and a half before the doorknob turned, the door was pushed open and Bulma stepped in. Her blue eyes scanned the room before lowering to the figure lying on the floor. She caught sight of the little box clutched in his hand and wondered why Sumko was lying on the floor before she stepped fully inside.

Tears filled her eyes before she reached his body and they started falling down her cheeks before the first sob ripped its way through her. “Sumko?” The choked whispered filled the air as she fell to her knees before her boyfriend. The man who’d do anything for her lying on the floor, dead, clutching a small ring box. His phone was a small distance away from her as her hand slowly reached out to pick it up so she could call 911, but before her shaking hand closed over it her own phone started ringing loudly.

The noise snapped her out of her slight daze as she reached for her own phone and answered. “Hello?” her voice barely reached her own ears.

“Bulma? What’s wrong?” the voice on the other line was vaguely familiar as she recognized it as Vegeta’s.

“Not now Vegeta, I need to call 911.” She spoke softly, her mind not registering anything at the moment as it stayed on the task at hand, before hanging up on him, leaving him cursing her on the other end. Her fingers slowly pushed the numbers on her own phone before she finally got someone. “I need to report a body.”

A few hours later and they finally let her leave the police station. Tear streaks still evident on her pretty features as walked to her car; the police had been nice enough to allow her to drive her own to the station. Of course there had been a cop in front of her and behind her on the trip there. A sorrow filled sigh escaped her lips as realization finally sunk in, there was no one left save Vegeta and she didn’t care to live anymore.

Why did this have to happen to her? What had she done? Why was she being punished?

The feeling of her cell phone vibrating tore her out of her thoughts as she glanced down, What does he want?

“Hello?”

“Bulma, can you meet me at the old building on the edge of town, there is something I need to talk to you about. You know the building that we all hung out in over the years.”

“Sure, Asoku. I’ll be there in a moment; I’ve nothing better to do.” She muttered the last part before opening her car door, not noticing the pair of eyes watching her every movement.

Where is she going?

It took her ten minutes to reach her destination and by that time she was trying to figure out what Asoku could possibly want. Didn’t Asoku still need to grieve–Marron hadn’t been dead that long? Frustration quickly took a hold of her as she slammed her car door and stormed up to the door without a second thought. She’d only known him because he’d been dating Marron, plus Vegeta knew him from a few years back and they seemed as if they were friends, well sort of.

Bulma’s hand touched the door, feeling it give way under her shaking hand as she stepped inside. Curiosity was taking over as she called out, “Asoku? Where are you?”

“I’m up stairs, in the first room.” He called down, his voice carrying in the still building.

Annoyance flashed across her features before she started trudging up the stairs that creaked under each step. She knew this place like the back of her hand, ever since everyone had become such good friends in college they’d called this place a second home–until everyone started dying during their senior year in college. They place was all but forgotten for the most part.

The door was open and without a second thought Bulma walked into the room. “Asoku–what do you want to talk about? Sumko just died today and I’d like some time alone to myself. I’m sure you know the feeling.” Her voice broke slightly as she tried to put on a brave front.

“I heard about that on the news, when Bulma Briefs’ boyfriend dies such a tragic death it becomes news and everyone wants to know.” He growled, anger dancing across his features. “But when my poor girlfriend is killed on our anniversary it makes the news simply because it’s such a violent death and all anyone can think is–I’m glad that wasn’t me or my girlfriend.”

“Look, I know you’re upset, but this is no way to go about it.” Bulma tried her best to keep her voice even despite the fact that she wanted to smack Asoku across the face. “We both have lost someone who meant a lot to us this month, so we’re bound to say hurtful things. I won’t take it to heart, I promise. Now why don’t you just go home and relax, give yourself a chance to slow down.” Bulma tried a smile, but it failed as Asoku lunged at her.

“Won’t take it to heart? You’re the one that killed her you evil bitch!” he made a grab for her throat and narrowly missed his target. “You don’t even care that Sumko is dead! You haven’t suffered any loss during this whole month of death! I’ve seen how you’ve been around Vegeta–you’re nothing but a whore!”

Bulma stood there, frozen in terror as the man before her made a grab for her once more. Shock filled her completely as she saw her death written on the face of the man before her.

“You think I haven’t suffered loss? My best friend was murdered while I slept! My boyfriend was killed after answering his phone! You’re not the only one who suffered, you asshole! LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!” her voice rang out into the still room as she managed to jump back from him, she watched rage gather on his face.

“I know! I know!” he screamed, making another grab for her throat.

“I swear, it wa-” she was cut off as Asoku’s hands wound their way around her neck, slowly cutting off her air supply, her eyes begged him not to kill her. Images of her life flashed before her eyes, many memories and regrets passed through her mind as she watched out of the corner of her eyes as the door to the room they were in cracked open.

Oh God, what now? Its bad enough I’m going to die here, all alone, but now someone is going to watchsick fucker.

As Bulma felt the life draining from her body, the lights switched off and her assailant let go of her in shock as she slumped to the ground.

“What the fuck is going on?” Asoku growled, his eyes darting around in the darkened room as he realized he’d let Bulma go in his surprise. Shit, where’d she go?

As he started feeling around in the darkened room, some of the lights went back on and before him stood someone dressed in black, their face shrouded in the darkness. The person’s voice was thick with malice and anger as they finally spoke. “I’m the one who killed Marron, you should have seen the look on her face when she saw me in your room.” the person stepped into the light, an evil smirk taking over their features. “Needless to say, she had to die and what better way than bleeding to death in your dorm room while you were doing God knows what.”

“You fucking bastard.” the other man lunged at the killer, fist poised to strike Marron’s killer down.

The killer stepped out of the way, bringing their elbow back into Asoku’s neck, knocking him unconscious before glancing over at the other figure lying on the floor. Turning back to the current task at hand, the killer grabbed the brown haired man under the arms and dragged him out of the room.

Once they made it outside, the killer continued to drag Asoku towards his destination, the woods behind the old building. He looked down at the man in his hands, shaking his head as they neared the unmarked, open grave that held a simple pine box. He reached the spot, dropping Asoku’s body into the box, watching as the other man groaned and opened his eyes.

“Wha-”

“You’re about to become another Urban Legend. Ever heard the one about the man being buried alive? Well they thought he was dead-” the killer paused for a moment. “No one thinks you’re dead–oh well. I guess we’ll just have to change this little legend around, just for you!” another psychotic grin took over the killer’s features.

“I should have known it was you.” Asoku tried to sit up but was pushed back down when the man jumped into the grave with him, pinning him down as he put the rag over Asoku’s face. He struggled against his attacker before he could no longer move his muscles, going lax against the wooden coffin.

“Shallow breaths and you might not die so quickly. You made a mistake tonight and it cost you your life.” the man climbed out of the coffin, shutting the top and started shoveling the dirt back into place. Once the killer finished, he looked towards the spot, the newly dug grave that seemed to fit the dark woods. He looked down at his watch, the game was over and when the police got his message about the final body it would be complete. He’d won; his opponent had fallen short in points–there really hadn’t been a point in this final legend since he’d launched himself ahead with his last legend, but as he’d told Asoku–he’d made a mistake.

Now he had one thing left as he headed back towards the building that still held the blue haired female, lying on the floor unconscious.

---

Bulma rolled over on her side, cringing as she felt a burning sensation when she took a breath and her head hurt from when it had hit the floor. Everything was aching and she was trying to focus her eyes on her surroundings. Am I dead? She continued to look around, realizing that Asoku wasn’t there anymore. Maybe he thought he’d killed me. Fucking asshole. Her blue eyes searched the room again as her vision started to focus once more. A racking cough shook her form as she struggled to form audible words, but the sound of the door opening again stopped her short.

Foot steps reached her ears as the person crossed the room over to her prone form, her mind running over what Asoku was going to do next. He’d already tried to strangle her to death, what now?

Bulma finally found the strength and scrambled to her feet, swaying slightly as she tried to prepare to defend herself. She’d been through worse.

“Bulma, you look like shit.” the other person chuckled, drawing Bulma’s fiery gaze towards the speaker.

“Fuck you Vegeta! I almost died, that bastard tried to kill me!” Bulma’s fists balled at her sides as her voice came out raspy. “And I didn’t even do anything to him!” she hissed. Narrowing her eyes as Vegeta smirked. “Where is he anyway? I’ll kill him!”

“Too late, I already did. My final urban legend. And I know you’ve totaled your points and mine–I won and now I get to pick my prize.” Vegeta grinned as Bulma glared angrily at him.

“You took advantage of the situation, I WAS UNCONSCIOUS! You fucking manipulated me from the start!”

“No, I was already ahead of you before I did anything to him. That was just an added bonus and completely his fault. Besides, we’re not supposed to die; they’re the ones who are supposed to die if we choose. Don’t you want to know which one I used?” Vegeta watched as she nodded mutely, sitting down on the bed in the room. “I buried him alive. Poor fucker.”

“Well at least the asshole is dead–well he will be.” her eyes locked onto Vegeta’s.

“So, you won, what’s your prize?” she stood up, getting ready to leave the room before a voice interrupted them.

“Congratulations, Vegeta.”

Bulma’s head snapped up to meet the speaker’s eyes. “Goku? Oh my God.” tears started spilling down her cheeks. “You’re dead.” he smirked, thinking back to the reason she believed he was dead.

Goku glanced in his mirror and caught a flash before realizing someone was in the backseat of his car. ‘What the fuck?’ he wondered, stopping the car before he saw the figure swinging something at his head, closing his eyes he waited for death to take him. Nothing. Laughter filled the Trailblazer as he flipped on the lights.

“Vegeta! That wasn’t funny. I thought for sure I was dead you asshole.” he scowled watching as Vegeta removed the plastic knife from beside Goku’s neck.

“Kakarot, you’re such a pussy.” he grinned as he leaned back, crossing his arms over his chest. “I need an alibi and figured you could somehow help me. Since I did you the favor of getting rid of that annoying, cheating girlfriend of yours. Bulma now has an alibi because of that, but I need one and you’re the only person I could think of.”

“Turlus. Don’t twins have the same DNA and finger prints?” Goku watched Vegeta consider it.

“I got an idea. Call your brother and tell him your vehicle won’t start. When he gets here have him get into the driver’s side to see if he can start it. I’ll lay down back here and then when he least expects it I’ll complete my next legend. We’ll take his wallet, keys and anything else he has that identifies him as Turlus. They’ll just assume it’s you. Leave his body in your Trailblazer, I’ll buy you a new one, and then you just disappear for awhile. The month is almost up anyway. After that, you show up and you’ll have your life back.” Vegeta smirked, “I’m a fucking genius!”

Goku reached down, picking up his cell phone and dialing the number. “Turlus, I’m stranded on Hwy 15 by the S-curve. Can you come; I don’t want to leave my Trailblazer on the side of the highway and figured you could take a look at it for me.”

“Fine, but you’re going to owe me you moron.” the sound of the phone being hung up filled Goku’s ears.

“He’s coming.”

It took his brother twenty minutes before he pulled up, Vegeta lay in the backseat with his knife while Goku explained the situation to Turlus, earning a ‘you’re a fucking idiot’ from Turlus. The door opened and Turlus climbed into the driver’s seat mumbling under his breath. Goku looked into the backseat, nodding before stepping back away from his vehicle. Vegeta rose up in the backseat, lifting the knife before bringing it as hard as he could across Turlus’ throat, ending the other man’s life. The blood spurted, getting all over the driver’s seat, the windows and Turlus’ slumped body that now rested against the steering wheel.

Carefully Goku removed Turlus’ cell phone and his wallet, making sure there was no evidence of whose body was in Trailblazer. He glanced down, grabbing his brother’s keys before they headed towards Turlus’ car. Vegeta glanced back, throwing the knife as far as he could before removing the gloves that covered his hands. “Well, now we’re going to have to burn this stuff.”

Vegeta nodded, “What do you think I do with all the clothes I’ve ruined during this game? Keep them?” he leaned back in the passenger’s seat. “After I get cleaned up, I think I’ll go over to Launch’s. I blew her off to do this legend. She’s probably pissed off at me. Well, I might hang out in our suite for awhile and then go over there. Make her wait awhile.” he smirked as Goku chuckled and the car came to a stop in front of the dorms. Vegeta opened the car door, stepping out he leaned back into the vehicle. “Make sure you lay low for awhile, only make yourself known to anyone else the last day of the game. I’ll call you if anything comes up, if I need to have a more solid alibi. By the way, thanks for doing the second cop legend–gave me an alibi for that time, but I need a more solid alibi. This should work, I’m sure.”

“You’re welcome. I could use a small vacation from college anyway.” Goku grinned, watching as Vegeta stepped back from the vehicle before he pulled away. Vegeta shook his head, he was the only one who knew this side of Goku.

“Actually, I’m not dead.” he grinned, stepping into the room and to Bulma he looked like the same old Goku from the day she’d first met him.

“How? They IDed your body. The blood matched, the wallet matched and the Trailblazer matched!” Bulma’s tears started falling more rapidly as she walked up to him and reached her hand up to touch his cheek. Vegeta’s eyes narrowed as he watched Goku look up at him to see his reaction.

“Turlus.” the answer came from behind her as Bulma watched Vegeta smirk and cross his arms over his chest. “It was necessary to establish an alibi for myself and Goku agreed with me. We gave each other an alibi to make sure there would be no way it could come back on me.”

“But you killed Chichi, why would Goku help you?”

“She was cheating on him with your brother. That and Turlus isn’t that great a person anyway.” Vegeta chuckled, sitting back down on the bed in the room. He watched as Goku walked further into the room before Bulma caught the movement. Her small hands rested on his chest as she shoved him backwards.

“You bastard!” she screamed, anger swelling in her body. “How could you two do this to me? You kill my best friend and then make me believe that Goku is dead? Fuck you both.”

“No, you’ve only fucked Kakarot.” Vegeta quipped getting a heated glare from Bulma.

“How dare you.” she whispered, “How fucking dare you.” Bulma rounded on Goku and started pounding on his chest with her small fists before he effortlessly caught her hands in his larger ones. “How many?” the tears that had stopped a few moments before started back with a vengeance. “How many did you kill?”

“That’s none of your business.” Goku’s grip loosened enough that Bulma could jerk one hand out and bringing it back she punched Goku in the face. She began struggling violently against him, screams escaping her lips as his grip tightened on the wrist still in his grasp. She felt her feet swept out from under her as Goku pinned her to the floor. “I wouldn’t have done that if I was you.”

Bulma’s tears dampened the ground below her. “You’re right, next time I’ll kick you in the balls.” a snarl took over her features as she continued to struggle against Goku. “Get the fuck off me you asshole! Take your fucking hands off me.” it was filled with hate as she struggled to free herself before Vegeta’s laughter filled the room.

“Get off her Kakarot.” Vegeta stood as Goku got to his feet, placing his foot on the small of Bulma’s back to keep her stationary. Slowly Vegeta made his way across the room before stopping in front of Bulma. “How many times have I told you, little one, to try and reign in that temper of yours? That it was going to get you in trouble one of these days?” his voice came out softly making the tears falling down Bulma’s face multiply as she realized that they’d played her from the start.

“Please, make him get off me.” it came out softly, broken just like her heart was at the moment. She had wanted to quit the game early on, choosing to do the less violent murders until ChiChi had been murdered. She had only kept it up for fear of what would happen if she were to forfeit, they’d never talked about that possibility. Vegeta had broken her down each time he’d purposely taken out someone who meant something to her, his first legend had been one of her closest friends.

Vegeta nodded to Goku, who removed his foot and left the room quietly, glancing back at the pair still in the room before leaving. As he walked down the hall towards the stairs he remembered all the work they’d put into the building he was in currently. There were several bedrooms incase they didn’t want to drive back to campus, a game room and various other rooms that were just there. He shook his head, sighing when he realized that he’d reverted back to the same person he’d been a few years before meeting Bulma and Chichi.

Back in the room upstairs Vegeta watched as Bulma tried to calm herself down, sobs racking her small body as the fear she’d felt moments before lessoned. Calmly Vegeta reached down and hauled Bulma to her feet, watching as she looked into his eyes as if trying to find some reassurance that he wasn’t going to do something to her.

“Now for my prize, you.” he smirked, crushing his lips to hers, devouring her greedily as his hands roamed her body. After overcoming her shock, Bulma slightly grinned against his lips, pulling away slightly as she watched his hungry eyes. A bit of panic coursed through her veins as she thought of where this could go, and remembered all the things he’d put her through. The pain, the death, and loss had been too much and killing those others had helped with her inner turmoil–some.

“You just want my body.” she murmured, watching as his eyes never left her face.

“Yeah, and I know you don’t mind.” he once again took control of her emotions, getting inside her head as he continued to pull her little body closer to his own, grounding her hips against his as his hands held onto her in a crushing grip.

Damn him.

Her thoughts were fleeting and quickly dissipated when he ground himself against her once more, his hands skillfully roaming her body as they neared the bed. Bulma’s heated body fell back onto the cool sheets as Vegeta pinned her to the bed. “And since you’re my prize, I’m going to be keeping you for a long time.” Vegeta kissed her collarbone before pulling back to rid her of the simple black tank top. “I’m not going to get ripped off; I went to a lot of work to win.”

“Don’t you want to know what I would have gotten for my prize if I won?” Bulma asked, breathless as he once more attacked her heated body. There was no point in fight against him, she’d agreed to the games and rules they’d set forth, because she knew she’d never win.

“No, because you wouldn’t have won anyway.” Vegeta removed his hands from her body, removing his shirt from his own body as his knees rested on either side of Bulma’s waist. Once he finished that task he continued to rid her of her clothing, one piece at a time until she lay naked on the bed, him standing next to it as he finished removing his own clothing.

Bulma stared at him with hooded eyes, trying to sit up before he once again had her pinned to the bed. One of Vegeta's hands pinned Bulma's, above her head, by her wrists. His lips once again came back into contact with hers as his other hand trailed down her body before he stopped and positioned himself before her.

“Enough foreplay, I’m taking you now.” he watched as Bulma’s eyes widened before he quickly entered her in one smooth, motion. After sending them both over the edge, Vegeta rolled them over so Bulma was lying on top of him, her hot breath fanning his bare chest.

A small smirk formed on Vegeta’s face as he thought over everything he’d done, gone through, to get to this point in his life. It had been a game of death and mayhem as they had both fought to gain the most points, toying with peoples’ lives. Friends, family and complete strangers made up the list of victims the two had compiled. The urban legends had been picked after research on both their parts; each had selected the ones they’d thought they would be able to complete. He’d noticed Bulma's legends weren’t anywhere near as violent or messy as his own. And he’d also noticed that he was slowly breaking her down, after each legend she seemed more broken.

Vegeta had known that he needed to throw off suspicion and had sought out Goku to help him solidify an alibi sot that there would be no thoughts that he was responsible for any of it. After getting Goku to do one of the cop legends while he was out he felt better about not getting caught. Then his mind had quickly thought of his opponent and how she’d never be able to kill off her friend, so he’d picked the perfect death for Chichi, the roommate urban legend solidified Bulma’s innocence as she’d reacted like anyone would in a moment of complete grief/anguish/shock at the sudden loss of someone she cared about. Then he had to think of something to alibi himself with once more and it came to him when he’d seen Goku leave his Trailblazer unlocked. Of course while he’d been in the backseat he’d never expected to hear Goku’s confession of sleeping with Bulma. That little admittance had made him want to kill the other man, but he‘d refrained himself with other thoughts. It was easy to kill Goku's twin, he just made himself believe it was Goku and all anger for the other man fled him once Turlus was dead.

Of course he expected the retaliation; Bulma had made sure to kill his girlfriend off in one of the most gruesome displays of death she could think of, turning the simple urban legend into a portrait of death.

Launch’s death had been something that the reporters had went insane over and had quickly gained her an unimaginable amount of points which had forced him to strike quickly and violently, drawing his own press coverage that pushed him back into the lead in points once more. Bulma had appeared to have calmed down when she struck again, taking a stranger’s life in the urban legend of the gang member high beam legend for the second time.

Vegeta looked up to see the blue in his vision, the only reason he’d gone out with Launch was because of her navy blue hair and blue eyes that had reminded him of the female he’d coveted for years. He’d admit that Launch’s death had bothered him, he’d grown quite attached to the female, she’d been great in bed and was perfect to bring along with him as a ‘trophy’. But while sitting in that police car he’d realized she’d meant nothing to him and was just filling the spot he needed Bulma to fill.

Now he had the real prize and intended in breaking Bulma where she’d stay with him out of fear, as long as she wasn’t in another man’s arms anymore and in his, he’d be fine.

Sixteen, we took a total of sixteen lives in a month. Bulma killed six people, though she didn’t know four of them, she knew at least two. He smirked into the darkness, he’d molded her, formed her into what she was now. And now he had a play thing with as twisted a mind as his own. Bulma wouldn’t leave him, for he knew her darkest secret, knew how she worked.

The police had a suspect, Bulma’s abusive brother, Taiyuko Briefs who was six years older than Bulma. He had a rap sheet for attacking his sister, a hit and run and several more. His prints were at several of the scenes, mostly because he’d been there and they had been found on Chichi because she’d been cheating on Goku with Taiyuko. Vegeta had had to wait for the other man to leave before he went inside the room, gagging her and tying her to the bed by her wrists and ankles. Bulma had stumbled into the suite soon after he’d gotten ChiChi tied down; he’d heard her moving about the suite getting ready for bed.

Bulma had come into the suite when he’d been in ChiChi's room, but Bulma had quickly gotten dressed and placed her headphones on once she’d gotten into her room, turning it up loud enough to block anything out. It had been in Vegeta’s favor that it had turned out like that, he hadn’t known which urban legend he was going to use until everything had fallen into place.

He’d slashed Chichi’s wrists, copying the movie he’d seen the night before, and painted his chilling message onto the wall in the main part of ChiChi and Bulma's suite. The woman had moaned in pain as her life slowly slipped from her as Vegeta had went to work, he’d been able to see the pain in Chichi’s eyes, but had ignored it as she continued to stare at him in shock.

Finally he took his knife back out, slashing it across her throat and ending her life as the blood spurted onto her bed sheets. The life drained from her eyes and he left the room, careful of leaving any possible traces of himself behind. Sure enough, Bulma had woken the next morning to find her best friend, dead and the bloody message left by only one person, Vegeta Ouji. She’d screamed and cried, damning everyone before someone had broken down the door to see what was going on.

The police had come and soon they’d carted Chichi’s body away, leaving a hollow looking Bulma behind who had been plotting her revenge. She hadn’t known why Vegeta had chosen Chichi, but had recognized the irony of the urban legend. Almost an exact replica of the movie...

Everything they’d done, all the blood on their hands and they’d finally ended up in bed together. It had all ended according to plan and Taiyuko was going to take the fall for it. He had no alibi, his prints were at almost every single crime scene and Chichi’s murder was the one that would seal his fate. He’d already been taken in several times, but the dumbass hadn’t left the town yet. Vegeta had seen him down the road, drunk, when he was following Bulma.

Vegeta smirked into the darkness, feeling Bulma’s slight breathing as she snuggled into his chest, her arms wrapped around him. He pulled the sheet up around them, noticing that the full moon was streaming in through the huge window onto them.

One month.

Bulma’s blue eyes opened, staring down into Vegeta’s face as he looked back up at her. He watched the emotions and thoughts fly across her face, the moonlight accenting her features. “I’ll never let you go, you’re mine and I’ll be damned if you ever leave.” his voice came out soft rasp causing Bulma’s eyes to widen. His powerful arms wrapped around her body, keeping her pinned to his chest.

“Well…I have no one left. You killed them all,” her voice came out in a murmur, pain-filled as it reached his ears. “My friends, my best friend, and my boyfriend. My oldest brother is framed for all the murders, thanks to you. I was attacked and scared shitless by you numerous times and now you have the audacity to tell me I’m yours?” Bulma tried to push up, the passion that he’d invoked had dissipated as she tried to free herself from his strong grip. “Let me go!” her small hands continued to push against him.

“No.” the simple word echoed in the darkness. Each killer struggled to come to some agreement with the newest turn of events. Vegeta’s arms were locked around her slim waist, watching the fire dance in her eyes as she tried to free herself in a futile attempt.

“Please, please Vegeta.” Bulma begged as all fight vanished as she tried to get out of her current situation. Ever since she’d met him years ago, she had known. She had known that it would all end badly. Just not like this. It had never occurred to her that she’d end up being involved in a game of life and death, killing six people and she’d known two of them. The grief and pain after each death, seeing Vegeta’s handiwork and loosing people she cared about without warning.

But the look in his black eyes, the insanity that rested there caused Bulma to realize one thing. She wasn’t going to ever be free again, he had her, and he knew her deepest–darkest secret and was going to use it to his advantage. They’d agreed in the beginning the winner got to choose their prize as long as it didn’t involve death. He’d chosen his prize–her.

“No, Bulma.” and that had ended the argument, killed any further thoughts of freedom as she lay her head back down on him. Bulma’s tears fell onto his bare chest as her form trembled, a sob racking her body as his arms enclosed around her form. “Never.”

End of Chapter

Well I’ve got on chapter left, the epilogue and it should tie everything up. So…..who was shocked? I know there are several shocking things in here (at least they were intended to be unexpected, but one never knows unless someone tells them) and I hope this chapter was interesting enough for you. Well, leave me a review and let me know what you thought. How close you were to guessing who the killers were or if you knew Goku was dead or not…..that one I left up in the air, sort of.

REVIEW