Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Vegeta's Sick Day ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Untitled (for now) By: Me (what's my name? ^_^)

A/N Hello all! This fic is about Veggie-chan! Also, in this fic, Goten, Trunks, Pan, and Bra are all the same age. I would like to thank Jedibabe for helping me with ideas when I got stuck. She's the bestest (^-^) friend I could ever have, and I love `er so much! On with the ficcy! ( )-author talking

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 1-Lies

"Vegeta, are you ready yet?" Bulma Briefs called down to her husband. "Vegeta!!" Bulma marched downstairs to find Vegeta asleep on the couch. "Men…" Vegeta glanced up at his beautiful wife.

"Don't you have somewhere you have to be?" Bulma turned around surprised.

"Vegeta! Don't do that! And why aren't ready?!"

"I'm not going…"

"What do you mean you're not going?! I don't care what your lame excuse is, but I'm not buying it!" Bulma shouted angrily.

"I'm sick." Bulma looked at Vegeta carefully and saw seriousness in his cold eyes.

"Sigh…Lemme see." Bulma put a hand on Vegeta's head to see if he had a fever. Vegeta slightly raised his ki so that his body would feel warmer. "You're a little warm. I'll stay with you in case you feel worse. Trunks!" Trunks came downstairs putting on his blue tie.

"Yeah?" he answered after fixing the tie.

"Do you mind going to that convention by yourself? Your father's not feeling well." Trunks stared at his father in shock.

"He's not sick! I saw him training in the gravity room while you were getting ready!" Vegeta scowled at his heir (I love calling Vegeta's kids `heirs'.).

"Trunks just go. I don't want to have another argument; you know what happened last time…"

~*~*~*~*~

"Vegeta, lemme take your temperature."

"Again? You've already done it too many times!" Vegeta said squirming away from Bulma. Bra came from the kitchen and handed Vegeta a small cup with thick red liquid inside. "What's this?" he asked looking up at his daughter.

"It's your medicine. Take it, it'll make you feel better," she smiled (Again, she looked like this ^_^). Vegeta drank the medicine and made a face.

"That's disgusting!" Vegeta said throwing the small cup to the ground.

"We'll go buy you a different kind. If you need us, call my cell phone or just wait till Trunks gets home; he'll be back soon," Bulma said.

"No, I'm home now," Trunks said as he walked in the door of Capsule Corp.

"Oh, Trunks, you're home!"

"Yeah, that's what I said."

"Bra and I are going to go out and buy some things for your father. We should be home in a few hours." As soon as Vegeta knew Bra and Bulma were gone, he got up and started walking towards the gravity room.

"Where are you going?" Trunks asked beginning to follow Vegeta. Vegeta stopped walking and turned around to face his heir. "Mom said you need to rest," Trunks said meekly. Trunks averted his gaze for just a second and the next thing he knew, Vegeta had him by his shirt collar, pinned against the nearest wall.

"You dare give me orders?! Nobody gives me orders! Do you hear me?! Nobody!"

"Gulp…Uh, huh…"Trunks nodded.

"Good. You're a fast learner," Vegeta smirked while pushing Trunks against the wall and continued towards the gravity room.

A few hours later, Bulma and Bra came home. "We're home," Bra announced. Trunks was currently on the phone with Goten (Goten? Where? Goten!).

"Goten, I'll call you later; Bra and my mom are back."

"Trunks!"

"Call ya later Goten, bye!" Bra poked her head into Trunks' room.

"There you are! Why didn't you answer us when we called you?"

"I was on the phone with Goten."

"Really? You were?"

"Yeah. Why do like Goten?"

"I don't like Goten. What gave you that idea?"

"It's just that you get all excited whenever I talk about him or he comes over."

"I don't like Goten, okay?!" (Good, because I'd havefta hurt you if you did like `em!)

When Trunks and Bra came downstairs, Bulma asked, "Where's your father?"

"I dunno." Trunks answered.

"You were supposed to be looking after him!"

"He's probably still in the gravity room."

"What?! You let him go in there?"

"No, I didn't let him." Bulma and Bra ran to the gravity room, Trunks calmly walked behind them. They stopped at a big metal door which led to the gravity room. Bra looked through a little window in the center of the door.

"He's in there alright," Bra said looking at her mother. Bulma walked into the gravity room and turned off the gravity (There's switch by door. She didn't walk to the middle room to turn off the gravity, she used the switch).

Sweating and panting, Vegeta left the gravity room and set off for the kitchen. "Daddy, are you feeling better?" Bra asked as Vegeta grabbed a water bottle from the fridge. Vegeta nodded and headed towards the gravity room again.

"Where do you think you're going?" Bulma asked her husband.

"In there."

"To do what?"

"To train."

"No you're not, you're sick."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are." Bulma pulled Vegeta out of the gravity room and placed him on the couch. "Bra and I got you some different medicine."

"What took you guys so long?" Trunks asked.

"Well, on the way back from the store we passed by this car place and Mom bought me a car."

"Why do you get a new car?"

"You're the one who destroyed my first car Trunks. Besides there's nothing wrong with your Porsche; you don't need a new car."

"Yeah, but---" Over on the couch, Vegeta had began to get a little restless. He had heard his heirs argue before, but today he didn't want to. Without anyone noticing, Vegeta quietly walked out to the balcony. He leaned against the rail and watched the sunset.

"What're you doing?"

"Nothing much," Vegeta answered not bothering to turn around. The blue-haired beauty walked over to Vegeta and squeezed herself between him and the rail he was leaning on. Vegeta locked eyes with Bulma. They began to lean in a little closer; both getting ready to meet each other's lips, when…

~*~*~*~*~

Muwahahahahaha!!!! I think that was actually a nice cliffhanger. Don't you? Okay all I'm asking for is 5 reviews. Just 5 and you'll get chapter 2. There was a lot of talking in that chapter, huh? Sorry about that…^_^. As you can tell, I still haven't thought of a title yet. If any of you would like to donate titles, I'll be glad to take `em. For titles, email me at hosichan02@yahoo.com Don't forget to review!

-Bri