Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What Binds Thee? ❯ Please, don't say it. ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: What Binds Thee
Chapter: 1
Show: DBZ
Rating: R (No plans for NC-17)
Warnings: Self harm, anti-love message, yaoi. For now.
Pairing: Trunks/Goten. For now.
 
 
 
Sad and lonely eyes were filled with tears. They looked at Trunks with despair. “Sometimes, I think you love him more than me.”
 
“Goten,” Trunks whispered in response, but he had nothing more to add. What could he say to assure his lover? Any comforting words would be selfish lies. “I do care about you…” That was the best he could do.
 
Goten understood, but the tears continued to flow. “Is this the end?” he whispered, eyes downcast, afraid to look at the one who had stolen his heart.
 
Trunks sighed. “I don't want to lose you, Goten. You're the best thing that ever happened to me.”
 
Sunlight reflected off the lake nearby. The two boys were alone, just off the Briefs Compound. Trees surrounded them, and within those branches sat birds, which sung jolly tunes of peace and joy. The air was warm, but a breeze cooled the day. No clouds tainted the blueness of the sky. Everything was perfect, yet this day was cursed.
 
“You love two people?” Goten sat on the grass. Trunks rested against a tree, eyes locked on the cool surface of the lake. Within the water, he could see traces of fish swimming, trouble-free. “Only one of them wants you.”
 
“That seems to be the case,” Trunks responded. Goten's words hurt, but there was no falsehood within them.
 
Trunks was lost in his feelings. The idea of a life without Goten was horrifying. His best friend, his lover, his partner-in-crime… from the time they were children, they had been bonded by friendship and love. There was an unspeakable passion between them that they kept hidden from the world. It was pure, innocent, and mischievous.
 
However, there was no denying Trunks' secret passion. No one knew the name of his love interest, not even Goten. He saw no point in letting the world know the truth.
 
Love was a tricky game and Trunks had grown tired of playing. For many years, Goten had suspected there was another. The distrust, the betrayal, the hurt and heartache… it had worn on Trunks. The final straw was Goten's self-harm. The scars still marred his wrists, and his power level had significantly decreased from the lack of food.
 
Nevertheless, `love is the ties that bind'. Wasn't that the expression? There seemed to be deception mixed within that phrase, for it didn't hold true very often. Vejita and Bulma, Chichi and Gokou, Gohan and Goten even… love, in some form or fashion, existed, but the hatred was so overpowering.
 
What did bind them? Trunks pondered. Commitment, love, hatred, family, money, the safety of the planet, perhaps it was simply habit?
 
Trunks had a more idealistic viewpoint when it came to love. There should be butterflies and picnics in the sunshine. There should be romance and passion. There should be truth, monogamy, and a connection that not even the gods could explain.
 
Yet, he wanted Goten. He betrayed his own values by not walking away. These actions burned his heart and damned his soul. Trunks could never have the one he truly loved… so he settled for the guy who could offer him some microscopic amount of joy.
 
Was it selfish? If Goten could accept this truth, Trunks knew he could make Goten happy.
 
There were so many questions, so many concerns. Could Trunks find happiness, or would he be living a lie? Would he be condemning both of them to misery and dishonesty? Could he keep his lust for his secret lover silent for so many years into the future, or would temptation claim him?
 
Would Trunks grow to resent Goten?
 
`Perhaps the quote isn't quite wrong', thought Trunks.
 
Love creates the ties that bind us.
 
Whoever said those ties remained true and pure?
 
Goten stood and tried to smile through his tears. His cheeks were flushed, and his heart shattered. Trunks felt his soul slip from his heart and hide in shame. Goten was the most beautiful and wonderful creature who had ever existed. How could Trunks do this to him?
 
“I love you, Trunks.”
 
`Please, don't say it.' Trunks silently begged.
 
“I think we can make this work.”
 
Trunks felt his world implode. Overwhelming happiness was buried beneath consuming shame. He wanted to kiss Goten, to throw him down and make passionate and violent love to him beneath the sun and the clouds. He wanted them to get sunburn as they fucked senselessly. He wanted them to drown in the lake, wrapped in each other's arms.
 
Most importantly, he wanted to hurt Goten. He wanted to dominant him, smack him, and ask him what the hell he was thinking. What kind of life would this be? Goten deserved so much more…
 
“I'm glad,” Trunks responded. It wasn't the truth, but it wasn't a lie. He reached forward, and gently - with an alarming about of self-control - wrapped his arms around Goten. They embraced, comforting each other, expression their affection. Trunks could feel Goten's tears against his neck; he could feel Goten's hot breath in his hair.
 
`I hate you, Goten,' he thought to himself, regretting every moment of the passed eighteen years.
 
Goten merely smiled, relieved to be in his lover's arms once again.
 
**
 
TBC.