Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ What You Wouldn't Think ❯ Don’t Leave Me Ever Again ( Chapter 37 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter Thirty Seven: Don’t Leave Me Ever Again Her father came back a few minutes later, a small mechanism in his hand. It was no bigger than Bulma's pinky finger, a black plastic cover not letting one see inside. Dr. Briefs told him to lift up her hair, at which he connected it to the back of her neck, right below her hairline. After that he handed him a brush, causing a confused look to gather on the younger man's face. "I think that when she wakes up she will be quite freaked at her appearance. She one of those people who are obsessive with cleanliness," Dr. Briefs said, shrugging as he walked away. Vegeta held back a snarl at his unintended insult. So what was wrong about people that liked to be clean? At least he took a shower every day...unlike that old man who probably took one once a week at the looks of his hair. He wanted to gag, but he held it back as he rearranged Bulma on his lap so that he could have a go at her hair. He had never brushed a woman's hair before, so it was a new experience to deal with. First stroke downward he encountered a million knots at once. His face went blank, not knowing what to do. His hair was always easy to brush, he hardly had to do anything with it. There was never one tangle in it, one stray hair. He frowned. He supposed this woman's hair was the complete opposite, and it was going to be quite a challenge. Oh well, he enjoyed challenges. He started at the bottom, working his way upward as the snarls of her aquamarine hair started becoming the familiar flow of softness that he was used to. He shifted some of it from over her shoulder and onto her back, running his hand through it for a brief moment. He was surprised at how long it had gotten, only a while ago it had been one big puff ball, something that he remembered hating, and now it was how he liked it. He felt a smile tug at the corner of his lips as he ran the brush through her hair and she murmured something in her sleep about doing it again. He complied, and he got a surprise when she gave a low moan. He cocked an eyebrow at her, wondering if she was awake or if she was having a dream or something. "Onna? Are you awake?" She gave her head a light shake. "Keep doing it, Vegeta. I like it." He smirked. "As my lady wishes." Bulma felt like she was in heaven. She loved having her hair brushed, it made her feel all light and sleepy, gave her a sweet tingly feeling. And it helped even more that she was sitting in between Vegeta's legs, and he was doing a very good job of it. Of course he is, she argued with herself. He excels at everything he does. Vegeta continued for a while, but he soon noticed the slight rasp in her breathing. Like she still had liquid in her lungs. He doubted it was that stuff she had been inhaling, for it was more like the sickness that was slowly draining her life energy. He wished he could find a way other than what he had to do to fix her. Bulma oddly felt tears start to run down her face. She was in so much pain, but she had been trying to ignore it at Vegeta's marvelous administrations. He seemed to notice, and his hold tightened just the slightest bit around her, bringing her back to rest against his chest because he was done with her hair. "Vegeta?" she whispered, her voice not able to go to its normal volume because of the obvious circumstances. "Hmm?" "Will...will you do that again for me sometime?" she questioned delicately, trying to look up at him, but it hurt her neck too much. Every movement hurt. It hurt to breathe. "If you wish." She closed her eyes, letting her head rest against his shoulder as the tears continued their path down her cheeks. "Vegeta?" He graced his finger across her cheek, catching an errant tear. "Hmm?" "Why does it hurt so bad? What's wrong with me?" Not the question he wanted to hear. How could he explain this? He couldn’t. If he did, she would get mad. No, she wouldn’t get mad. She would hate him forever. "Why didn’t you do whatever it is you have to do to save me?!?! Are you so selfish that you can't even give up your measly freedom just to save me, and your own child?!" He could just hear it now. That was something he didn’t want to happen. "Onna..." he muttered. He couldn’t lie. So he told the truth. "I can't tell you right now." Her head turned just the slightest amount, leaning into the curve of his neck. He heard and felt her take a deep breath, sighing after inhaling his scent. He could tell she felt better around his presence, and he feared what she would be like without him there with her. "Onna...do you want me to stay with you tonight?" She gave a weak nod. "Don’t...don’t leave me." She eyes fluttered the tiniest bit as unconsciousness tugged at her. "Don’t ever leave me again...." Right before she slipped away, she felt something soft and wet flick across her cheek. She gave a faint smile before she passed out, going limp in his arms. He sighed. This was it. There was no doubt in his mind now that she wanted to be with him forever, but could he handle it? He hoped so.