Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ When There Are Two of Me ❯ Part 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own DBZ. I'm not making any money.
Warnings: Yaoi (male x male). Trunks x Goten.
Summary: This fic is completely independent of my other fics. GT doesn't exist.
 
Note: age: Goten 18; Trunks 19.
 
When There Are Two of Me
 
by chayron (lttomb@yahoo.com)
 
Part 9
 
“Whoa…” Goten exclaimed after sticking his head into the bathroom. “The bathroom is the size of a living-room!”
 
Trunks chuckled. Leaving Goten to excitedly run around the rooms, he went to the fridge. He pushed it away. Behind it there was his laptop. Trunks pulled the plug off the sock. He brought the laptop to a table, and took a look at what was done while he was having “vacations”. Three of the files he hadn't had access to earlier, were ready to open. Trunks was a bit surprised to see that those were video files.
 
“Capital!” Goten almost flew at Trunks from the other room.
 
Trunks closed his laptop and leaned back in the chair. “You like it?” he grinned at the hyperactive teen.
 
“You ask!”
 
Trunks winked at him. Then his smile dimmed. “I have heard you got kicked out of the flat you had been renting…”
 
Feeling a little uncomfortable, Goten brushed over his spiky hair. “Yeah… I'm currently staying with Ayame, but he's sharing the room with his sister, so it's just a nuisance…”
 
“Well, it's settled then,” Trunks fished the keys from his pocket and tossed them for Goten to catch. He had gone through quite some trouble while trying to make them.
 
“You can't really be serious,” Goten tossed the keys back to Trunks.
 
“As hell I am,” Trunks whirled the ring with the keys on his index finger. “For some time I won't need it anyway. The bills are paid and prepaid for the oncoming year,” he stopped swinging the keys and threw them back to Goten again who easily caught them. “You can also bring Ayame here. I don't mind,” he added. “Eh, stop with that face,” Trunks shook his head, chuckling. “I know you really need that, and this is the least I can do for you,” he smiled.
 
Goten looked at the keys in his hand. “I…I don't even know what to say…”
 
“A “thank you” would be enough for a start,” Trunks chuckled, winking. He laughed and ducked when a small ki-ball flew at him.
 
XXXXX
 
Trunks and Goten were sitting in a small restaurant. There weren't many people, even though it was lunchtime. They were sitting in a corner, at a window, which was offering a view to a narrow street.
 
“Trunks?”
 
“Umm?” Trunks lifted his head from a huge spaghetti bowl he was inhaling into himself at enormous speed.
 
Goten racked his fork through his lettuce and cutlet. He wasn't very sure what he wanted to ask, he just knew it was bothering him. “That child…” he fidgeted with a small radish in his plate, trying to find the missing words.
 
Trunks swallowed what he had in his mouth. “Calm down,” he smiled. “I wouldn't have done anything… I think it was just a reflex… I noticed I react sensitively to quickly moving things…”
 
“Ahh…” Goten nodded slowly. He wasn't sure if he believed Trunks…Trunks never lied to him, not this one, but…
 
Goten racked through his plate again, shifting the radish to the other side and rolling it onto the lettuce. “You scare me sometimes… That weird feeling I get sometimes while near you… It scares me…” he said softly.
 
Trunks stopped chewing, his clear blue eyes concentrating on Goten. “Silly,” he gave a warm smile to Goten. “You have nothing to be afraid of… You're very dear to me… I'd never hurt you…”
 
Goten silently nodded. “I know that… But…how about the others? It seems… That feeling I sometimes get…. It distances…me…us… It's like… I sometimes feel… Damn!” he cursed, not managing to express what he wanted.
 
“Yes, I'd get rid of anyone who stands between us…” Trunks nodded. He concentrated back on his bowl and continued eating.
 
Goten lowered his eyes to his own plate. “I know…” he pushed the radish back into the other side of the plate. “I perfectly know that… And that scares me… It fucking freaks me out…because I know I'd do the same…”
 
Trunks' eyes slid to Goten's subconsciously clenched fist on the table. Goten's other hand was white from clenching his fork that had turned into a curvy piece of metal string. Trunks didn't say anything. He reached for his mug of tea.
 
“What…what is that feeling exactly?” Goten asked. He started after seeing what he had done to the fork. He unclenched his fist and put the fork beside his plate.
 
Trunks felt the urge to rub his temples. Why couldn't Goten simply accept? “You perfectly know what it is,” he said.
 
“But…How…? Why…?” Goten shook his head, his dark eyes gazing at Trunks almost pleadingly.
 
Trunks couldn't hold the gaze and lowered his eyes. “Will you calm down?” Trunks sighed. “There are only several persons who know the answers to those “why” and “how”, and I'm not one of them. Right now I'm concentrated not on “why” or “how”, but on “it does exist”. Of course, I'm curious, but there's no point in puzzling your head over that this minute, is it?” he sighed again. “Hey, you gonna eat that?” he looked at Goten's plate.
 
Goten cracked a smile. “You can finish it.” He didn't have much appetite. His eyes followed the journey of his plate from his side to Trunks'. The salad, the radish and the rest of the cutlet quickly disappeared in Trunks' mouth.
 
Goten put his elbows on the table, sighed heavily and let his head drop into his hands. He could swear Trunks was trying to drive him crazy.
 
Through the barren jail of his fingers, Goten looked outside at the street. There weren't many people but because of the narrow street it felt somehow crowded and almost chocking. Though, maybe it was not because of that. Maybe it simply was because of everything in his head, because of everything which was happening around him. Everything was coming to confront him, squeezing him into a corner. He didn't know how to act anymore; hell, he ALREADY didn't know how he acted - something would snap in his head and he just did this or that without really considering beforehand.
 
The worst part was that he really enjoyed that. The connection that for some reason he had with Trunks was freaking him out to no end, but on the other hand he loved it. Trunks had been forbidden earlier, now he had something that not only linked them but almost made them into one being sometimes, and it felt much better than any fusion. He perfectly well knew it was just an illusion, but he couldn't help cherishing it.
 
Goten removed his fingers from his face and looked at the small chip of sky that was seen through the high buildings. Very likely it was going to rain. He had no coat and no umbrella. From across the table he looked at Trunks. No, the great genius was bare-assed, too.
 
Goten blinked as his eyes collided with those of pure blue.
 
“Whatcha thinking?”
 
“I'm thinking that it's going to rain and we are going to get soaked through.”
 
Trunks huffed. He was so full and lazily happy that didn't want to move anywhere. He looked outside, at the gray clouds that were hanging above the buildings.
 
XXXXX
 
Trunks scratched his chin idly while leaning against the wall and watching Goten arguing with his brother through the phone. Trunks listened, huffed, rolled his eyes, huffed again then finally grabbed the phone from Goten's hand.
 
“Hey, babe, it's me,” Trunks said into the phone. He tapped his fingers onto the wall impatiently. “Will you quit pestering him? He only said he was going to sleep over at mine and you react like he has announced that we were going to fuck all night long.” He removed the phone further from his ear to let Goten hear his brother scream his lungs off.
 
Trunks grinned at Goten's gob-smacked face. With a light move he flipped several dark strands off his forehead then turned his attention back to the phone. “Oh, oh…” Trunks shook his head, pretending to disapprove. “I didn't know you knew such words, Goten's brother… I can hardly catch up with you anymore… So, it's settled then, ne?” he grinned at the phone. “See ya tomorrow, then!” he switched the phone off and tossed it to Goten who neatly caught it.
 
“Don't switch it on for the next four hours,” Trunks warned Goten seriously who was waving the phone in the air and glaring daggers at him.
 
Goten just snorted and tossed the phone onto the bed. He looked at Trunks. They had just showered and changed their clothes; they didn't manage to avoid the rain, after all. Goten noticed that despite all the similarities between the both Trunks, the essential difference, except of his now black hair, was the clothes this Trunks wore.
 
If the other one mostly wore suits and shirts that were buttoned right up to his neck and, - shucks! - if he ever wore jeans, they were so neat and smooth one was afraid to touch that incarnation of cleanliness that was Trunks.
 
Goten looked Trunks up and down once again. This one seemed not to give a damn about clothes. Trunks wasn't picky but he also knew what looked good on him. Well, Trunks looked damn good in anything he wore. This time it was black tight jeans and a white sleeveless shirt with a huge “A Total Babe” writing on it. Goten wondered if Trunks got it from the women's section but then decided that it probably wasn't the case.
 
“There's a club near by, wanna go?”
 
Goten blinked. His eyes rose to Trunks face. “Eh?”
 
“I know my ass looks fine in this,” Trunks grinned at blushing Goten. “But I have just asked if you wanted to go to a club.”
 
“Uhh…” Goten scratched his head. “And what would we do there?”
 
“Dunno,” Trunks shrugged. “And what people do usually do? Dancing, drinking?”
 
“Dance? Drink? You…?!” Goten blinked three times in a row.
 
“Well, one has to start one day!” Grinning, Trunks almost flew to collect his money that was drying on a heater.
 
Goten watched Trunks stuffing his pocket then Trunks went to switch his laptop off. Goten was sure that the laptop was the reason they came back to the city. He was curious as to why Trunks needed it so much; Trunks already told him that several days ago he brought his dissertations to the university. He was also wondering how Trunks got to know that the other Trunks had bought a flat and how he could possibly know about the pre-paid bills.
 
Goten scratched his head. He looked at himself. He was wearing Trunks' clothes; his were still drying. He was a tad taller than Trunks but one could hardly notice that. He was wearing blue, ragged jeans and a wide white T-shirt with several kanji writings on it that actually looked pretty nice.
 
“And how about shoes? Mine are soaked through…” Goten looked at Trunks who was putting his bright red jacket on.
 
“Have plenty of them,” Trunks opened a wardrobe that was standing next to the door outside. “As far as I know your size is the same.”
 
Goten didn't ask how he knew that; some things were better left unknown. He walked over to the wardrobe. He gaped at the pile of various shoes and trainers.
 
“I think I know your fetish…” Goten muttered.
 
“Not really,” Trunks said while looking for something warmer for Goten to fling on. “I got a discount for buying ten pairs,” he grinned happily.
 
“You make me doubt your genius…” Goten murmured under his breath.
 
Goten decided he had to match his ragged jeans and T-shirt, so he chose a pair of trainers. He rolled his eyes when Trunks approvingly clicked his tongue. He caught a black jacket Trunks had thrown at him and went after Trunks.
 
XXXXX
 
At first he thought that somebody had had enough finally and detonated all the A-bombs with the addition of a laser show. Later, after he almost went deaf and blind, he got used to it.
 
Trunks turned to look at Goten who grinned with that “you yourself asked for it” smile at him. Trunks scrunched his nose and started making his way to the bar. After mingling in the bouncing mass and trying to get the bartender's attention for about seven minutes he finally got two glasses with Vodka and Cola.
 
After that Trunks and Goten moved to the nearest wall to sip their drinks. Trunks watched people on the dance floor. The biggest part of dancing seemed to be ass-shaking. That was easy. He could bet he was good at it.
 
Trunks felt a little guilty for wasting money Vegeta gave him on the drinks, but then…he did want to try everything out. He simply wanted to have fun. At least this once.
 
Trunks closed his eyes to listen and feel the sound and rhythm that were vibrating the walls. He gasped as someone bumped into him.
 
“Sorry!”
 
“Oh, hey,” Trunks waved at the girl. He looked at his shirt but couldn't really see anything in that blinking light. He decided that he had only spilled his glass onto the floor - he didn't feel any wetness anywhere.
 
“Hey, it's you!” the girl exclaimed.
 
“And you are still blushing,” Trunks grinned at her. “I can even see that in this poor light…”
 
“Asshole,” the girl painted red like a tomato.
 
“You know her?” Goten asked.
 
“What?” Trunks shouted through the music that went wild once again.
 
“I asked if…” Goten shouted, but by Trunks' facial expression he could see that Trunks didn't hear anything. “Ah, fuck it!” Goten grabbed Trunks by his hand, who, in his turn, grabbed the girl, and dragged him into the corridor.
 
“Hey,” the girl smiled at Goten.
 
Goten looked at Trunks. Trunks shrugged at him.
 
“Hey, wanna dance?” Trunks then turned back to the girl. “But I must warn that I have never done this before. At least as far as I remember…”
 
The girl chuckled. “Then I'll be your first…” she grinned and immediately painted bright red again.
 
“Oh, do you have any friends?” Trunks asked. “Like girls? My friend is bored here,” he motioned his head at Goten.
 
Goten gulped the alcohol he had in his mouth down. He scowled at them both. He waved his hand then turned back to the hall. “Thanks, but I'll better go look for some boy,” he snorted.
 
“Are you sure Ayame would like that?” Trunks grinned.
 
Goten's hands itched with the wish to throw his glass at Trunks. “I'm going to dance, you moron, not to fuck!” He rolled his eyes as Trunks winked and showed a sign of peace with his fingers.
 
“Oh, what's your name?” Trunks asked, turning back to the girl. He didn't believe in destiny, but he didn't believe in coincidences either. Just before the girl bumped into him, he had heard several girlish squeals. This was an obvious setup. He might just play along for awhile, not that he had better things to do, anyway. Besides, he was sure it was going to serve his plans well. The girl was exactly what he needed right now.
 
“Arisa,” the girl nodded introducing herself.
 
“I'm Trunks and he's Goten,” Trunks motioned at Goten's retreating back.
 
“Is your friend gay?” Arisa asked, interested. She quickly waved her hands against her chest. “I have nothing against; it's that it's great you two get along… Many guys… Ehh…” she fidgeted a bit uneasy.
 
“Nah, I do like girls,” Trunks chuckled at her hesitation to ask straight. “Especially brunettes,” he winked at her.
 
“Why brunettes?” Arisa asked on their way back to the hall.
 
Trunks thought a moment. “Dunno,” he shrugged finally. “Maybe `cause I don't like blondes so much…?” he said while opening the door and wondering if there had been many blondes in Saiyan society and if that had anything to do with his taste in women.
 
XXXXX
 
Emptying his fourth glass of Coke and Vodka and not really feeling the taste, Goten wondered why he agreed to go to a dance club with Trunks. It was a complete nuisance. The guy had ran off somewhere with that his chick and he was left alone to muse about his plans for tomorrow. Though, what did he expect? Really, what had he expected? For Trunks to dance with him all night long and then…?
 
“Ah, dammit, I'm already drunk,” Goten fervently rubbed his face with his hands.
 
From a small table he was sitting at, Goten looked around. People were having fun it seemed. Goten himself loved the music - even if he didn't really feel in the mood, his foot was tapping into the beat. He had been to this club several times before and it seemed that they had finally changed the DJ. He wasn't the one to frequent the clubs but he did visit them from time to time.
 
Goten craned his neck to see a corner of the hall where people seemed to have formed a circle. In that poor light, he could only see the outlines of bodies but the pair that was dancing almost in the middle of that circle was good. The guy who was dancing was really into it - he seemed to melt into the beat, his body spilling the energy or moving lazily catlike when the beat slowed down. He could feel his breathing rush quicker at the way how the guy led the woman through the dance. His hands sensually danced over her waist and thighs, telling her body how and which way to move. Absolute control.
 
Goten was almost panting at the sexual sight until his brain caught up with the suspicion that the man dancing was somehow familiar. That haircut…and white sleeveless shirt that was illuminated bright blue under the neon lights…
 
“Oh crap…” Goten muttered and ducked his head quickly when Trunks waved at him from the dance floor. He had just gotten hard while watching Trunks dance.
 
Goten shook his head in dismay when from the corner of his eye he noticed Trunks make his way through the crowd to his table. He was dragging the same girl he was dancing with together with him. Just great.
 
“Hey, watcha sitting here?!” Trunks shouted through the beat, seating the girl next to Goten. Then he sat down himself. The girl was flushed from all the exercise on the dance floor. “I'll go to buy drinks. What you two want?” Trunks asked, smacking Goten on his back.
 
“Just choose something from the mixes. Anything will do,” the girl grinned.
 
“The same,” Goten waved his hand. Any other time he'd have preferred to buy his drinks by himself but as Trunks was guilty for his misery, he'd better to pay it off.
 
Goten watched Arisa's dreamy eyes fixed on Trunks' back as that went to buy the drinks.
 
“Gods, he's sooo cool!” she exclaimed after she thought Trunks was out of earshot. She quickly turned to Goten who leaned back at abruptness of the movement, blinking. “C'mon tell me - he said he didn't have a girlfriend. Can't be! He's lying, isn't he?” she pouted demandingly.
 
“Ehhh…” Goten hemmed. “Not really…” He sighed inwardly when Arisa's eyes widened happily. Trunks had always been quick to make conquests of girls… Only he rarely did that with his heart in it... It was closer to counting trophies. He still could remember what Trunks said after he got his first kiss… When he and Trunks were alone, Trunks had laughed at the girl and called her stupid for falling for him.
 
Goten shook himself, reminding himself that he shouldn't think of both Trunks as about one person. This one had already proved him, and not one time, that he was different.
 
While talking with Arisa, Goten finished his drink and now was fidgeting with the empty glass. He was relieved when Trunks came back with the drinks. Usually he didn't lack eloquence and the girl seemed to be a really nice person, but today he simply wasn't into it.
 
“Thanks,” Goten reached out for his new glass of Vodka and Cola. He watched Trunks push a small bottle of blue mix over the table to the girl who took it and started sipping through the straw. Goten shortly wondered how Trunks knew about the etiquette at all. Though then…it must have been a simple logical presumption for Trunks: if one wanted to get something, he must put some effort into it.
 
Trunks sat down next to the girl and they both watched the mass of people dancing. Goten raised his head after hearing Trunks laugh. Trunks pointed at something deeper in the crowd then leaned to the girl to say something into her ear. The girl chuckled, smacked Trunks on his arm and muttered something which sounded like “pervert”.
 
While sipping his drink, Goten mused if the walls in Trunks' flat were hermetic enough: Trunks was staring at Arisa's breasts pretty shamelessly. Goten was regretting not to have gone back.
 
“Well, what do you think?” Trunks asked after Arisa excused herself to the bathroom.
 
Goten shrugged. “She's nice.”
 
“Yeah, I like her,” Trunks nodded, grinning at Goten.
 
Goten finished his drink and reached out for Trunks' half-full. As presumed, Trunks didn't say anything, simply pushed the glass over, closer to Goten, and went to buy himself a new one.
 
When Trunks returned, Arisa was still away. Trunks put a filled glass against Goten then sat down next to him. He slowly sipped his drink while watching Goten's bleary eyes skim over the dance floor.
 
“Maybe I shouldn't have bought it…” Trunks pointed at the glass near Goten.
 
Goten glared at him. “Gods, let me at least drink to escape my misery,” he snorted.
 
Trunks smiled. “You are so cute when you are bristling like that…” he chuckled, winking his blue eye at Goten.
 
“Not funny at all,” Goten shook his head, taking another sip.
 
“Aww… C'mon. I feel bad when I'm having such a great time, and you seem to be sulking…” Trunks pouted.
 
“I'm not sulking. I'm drinking,” Goten protested just because he felt like saying anything.
 
“To me it looks one and the same…” Trunks stood up suddenly. He pulled a wide-eyed Goten up with him.
 
“Hey, dammit, do you want to spill it?!” Goten tried to still the churning liquid in his glass before it spilled on them both. And at that point he realized that he really shouldn't have drunk so much - his feet were a bit wobbly.
 
“You have to have at least once dance,” Trunks pulled the glass out of Goten's grasp, put it on the table and dragged a dazed Goten to the dance floor.
 
When he was turned to face Trunks and Trunks' arms wrapped around his waist, Goten thought about hitting Trunks. He was sure that Trunks was as drunk as he was, but that didn't mean he should suffer this kind of handling. He knew he'd regret it tomorrow.
 
Goten thought very seriously, very, very seriously about hitting Trunks then tried to push Trunks away and then realized that he really needed to hold on Trunks or he would fall. It wouldn't have been so bad, but people around them were jumping like mad, jostling their limbs around.
 
So Goten simply held on Trunks; Trunks was nice to hold on to. He thought that it was kind of nice that Trunks was so concerned about him and wanted to make him feel better. But then he thought that he didn't need Trunks to take pity on him. But after several seconds he decided that he didn't really care about that - it simply felt good dance with Trunks like that, to feel his body against him.
 
Ah, he knew why he wasn't squirming so much - it felt like his dream came true. Why the old Trunks couldn't have been more like this one? Why? Why the bastard had to be such a prick? Why? A simple smile or a word would have been enough… Why?
 
The music changed into a calmer thing and Goten let himself relax against Trunks. He decided he could let himself relax at least this once. He put his head on Trunks' shoulder and inhaled Trunks' heady scent. Ah, how he loved Trunks' scent. It was always easy to catch, anytime, anyplace. It was different than that of humans' - spicier, richer and so masculine…like now, after dancing for about an hour.
 
Goten sighed contently. He was sure that Trunks could feel his hard on, but he was also sure that Trunks wouldn't push him away. Not like that other bastard.
 
Goten's eyes widened as suddenly he was spun around. His dazed eyes concentrated on Trunks' face but Trunks wasn't looking at him. He followed Trunks' gaze to the three men who were standing opposite them.
 
“Listen, you two faggots, get the fuck out of here!” the one who was standing closest to them shouted through the music. Somewhere in a corner of his mind Goten grasped that he probably tried to hit or grab him by his hair and Trunks had just saved his skin.
 
Trunks' blue calculating eyes took the three guys in. One of them was about twenty, the other twenty-five or something, and another about thirty. They didn't have any weapons with them.
 
“Yeah, it's not some fucking gay bar!” the youngest of the trio added.
 
Trunks smiled at them. He flipped several dark hair strands from his forehead. “Whoopsie, didn't notice,” his smile turned into a grin. He hugged Goten close to him. “Sorry `bout that,” he grinned again, his eyes dangerously sparkling. Goten wondered whom Trunks was apologizing to.
 
“Who the fuck are you?” the man, who was the oldest and who was standing closest to them and seemingly was the head of the party, snarled.
 
Trunks' eyes widened in mock-disbelief. “Can't you see?!” he motioned at his shirt. “I'm a total babe!”
 
Goten slapped himself on his forehead. Trunks was born to cause trouble.
 
When the nearest standing guy tried to hit Trunks, Trunks, not letting go of Goten, leaned to the side then with one swift kick in the chin eliminated his attacker. People burst to the sides, the bolder guys looking around and trying to understand what was happening.
 
“You broke his jaw,” Goten muttered.
 
“Complaining?”
 
“Hell no,” Goten snorted. He was in such a black mood right now that he wanted to tear them apart, and was going to do so if Trunks wasn't.
 
Goten stepped aside when Trunks let go of him. His eyes followed the second guy who flew into a wall after Trunks' roundhouse. The music was turned off and the stunned silence settled. From the corner of his eye Goten saw the security guys running to them.
 
“Don't think so,” Trunks smiled dangerously at the last one who had snuck behind Goten. Trunks had just caught his fist that had been intending to hit Goten's head. Trunks squeezed the fist, being immensely pleased when he heard the bones break. “Never ever touch this man!” he hissed, squeezing further and enjoying the tortured sounds of the offender was making.
 
“Trunks…”
 
The calm, barely audible voice immediately broke through to Trunks. He turned to see Goten grapple with two security guys.
 
“Let go of him,” Goten muttered. “We need to get out, or do you want to spend the night in the lockup?”
 
Trunks' fist unclenched. The injured man cradled his hand, wailing. Goten pushed the two men as far as from them both as he could without inflicting any serious damage to them.
 
“Let's go,” Goten motioned with his head to the exit. “Will you shut up?!” With the back of his hand Goten smashed his attacker's nose who had been wailing and cradling his hand behind him. The man fell like a felled tree to the ground. Goten hated, oh how he hated them - they had just fucked up his dream-dance.
 
Trunks' amused eyes settled on Goten. “You are drunk,” he stated the obvious before grabbing Goten by his wrist and dragging him out of the hall.
 
TBC
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
9