Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ When There Are Two of Me ❯ Part 18 ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own DBZ. I’m not making any money.
Warnings: Yaoi (male x male). Trunks x Goten.
Summary: This fic is completely independent of my other fics. GT doesn’t exist.

Note: age: Goten 18; Trunks 19.

When There Are Two of Me

by chayron (lttomb@yahoo.com), beta-read by Redmarshin

Part 18

While Goten was asleep, Trunks had bought several cream puffs at the small baker’s shop that he found nearby. He liked the small city. The people were friendly, and he had chatted half an hour away with the shop girl and then spent another twenty minutes listening to an old man telling him about the city itself before coming back to the house.

He found Goten still asleep. Deciding that Goten was simply tired, he closed the bedroom door and let him sleep.

When Goten climbed downstairs, Trunks was munching the heated pancakes and shuffling through the newspapers that he had bought while Goten had been asleep. Goten walked into the kitchen wearing only his boxers. Scratching his disheveled head and yawning, he looked at what Trunks was having for breakfast then snatched a pancake from Trunks’ plate.

Trunks’ raised his eyes from the newspaper, intending to scold Goten for not washing his hands first. Then something caught his eye. Trunks blinked at the bruises on Goten’s neck.

“What the fuck is this?” He looked at the marks closer then jumped to his feet. “Don’t tell me…” his voice broke. Those were fingerprints on Goten’s neck. Those were HIS fingerprints…

“How did you sleep?” Goten asked Trunks while casually dipping his stolen pancake into the jam.

Trunks slowly folded the newspaper and put it down. He rubbed his face, his hands then sliding to bury in his hair.

“You threatened to kill me.”

Trunks shoulders hunched down then started to shake.

Was Trunks crying? “Hey,” Goten laughed at Trunks’ reaction nervously. “No need to get so excited. You just had some silly nightmare…”

“What did I do?” Trunks asked, his voice just above a whisper.

“Well, you said something about me being a bitch and then tried to strangle me. Though, of course, I’m sure you had dreamt something,” Goten brushed over his hair with his fingers to comb it.

Trunks nodded slowly. “Of course. And what happened later?”

“Well, after I pushed you away, you came back to sleeping. Uhh…” Goten rubbed his hands nervously. “I don’t mean to sound insensitive, but…”

“Yeah,” Trunks nodded. “I’ll make sure that there will not be any sharp objects around when I go to sleep.”

“Well… I didn’t mean it like this, but…”

“It’s okay,” Trunks nodded. “I’m sorry I scared you.”

Goten shrugged. “No need to apologize. It was unconscious, anyway.”

“Aren’t you interested in what I dreamt?” Trunks asked after several minutes of silently eating the breakfast.

“Not really,” Goten shook his head. “It wasn’t anything nice, anyway.”

Trunks only nodded again. Actually he didn’t remember having dreamt something. But he had a pretty good idea what it was and it really wasn’t nice.

After breakfast they went to see Dende with Piccolo, as Goten had promised. Trunks concentrated on Piccolo’s ki and ITed to the tower.

Trunks was telling himself that he wasn’t prejudiced but he couldn’t help retreating from the green ugly creature he saw. No wonder people were drawing those small green-skinned, big-eyed creatures… So these were aliens. Nameks…

“Hello,” Goten smiled at Dende. “Trunks wanted to see you. I’m sorry, I didn’t tell in advance, but…”

Dende just shook his head, saying that it didn’t matter. He offered them to look around.

“So this one is Piccolo?” Trunks pointed his hand at Piccolo who was standing farther from them, his face one big scowl. Trunks wondered how strong Piccolo was exactly. He was able to use the creature’s ki as a guide without the green thing exerting his power.

Trunks’ dark eyes settled onto the smiling small green creature against him. The short guy was babbling about something with Goten. Trunks was disappointed.  

Trunks was also bitter. He followed Goten and Dende, their babble starting getting on his nerves. Those green swinging antennas on the creature’s forehead were annoying him. After two steps more he felt the urge to smash his fist into the green snout. The small thingy probably felt that because he turned around.

Dende stepped back at the look on Trunks’ face. Confused and nervous he wondered what he did to cause that.

“Trunks…?” Dende asked.

Goten finally noticed that Dende was not beside him anymore. He felt the air around him getting cooler. He turned around, and after seeing fear on Dende’s face, turned to look at Trunks. He got worried. Trunks usually got that dark look in his eyes when he was very pissed or discontent with something.

Piccolo landed silently at Dende’s side, his questioning look fixed on Trunks whose ki had risen. Goten bared his canines at Piccolo and inched to Trunks side. He was thoroughly confused.

Without saying a word, Trunks pulled Goten to his body and ITed away.

When they came back into the house, Trunks sulked for several hours. When Goten asked him why, Trunks didn’t answer. He had apologized for his outburst but didn’t explain what had him so worked up.

Their moods went up after they went to the sea again. Trunks appeared to love water after all. Goten watched him splashing in the water and couldn’t help smiling. Trunks shouted for him to join, and he went to the water.

They swam and simply enjoyed then waded back to the shore and fell onto the cover to rest.

With a deep sigh, Trunks closed his eyes. That had been refreshing. He was glad they came here. He turned to his side to look at Goten who lay on his stomach beside him. Goten seemed to enjoy the soft breeze and sun, his face relaxed. What a body…

Trunks leaned to Goten, his hand sliding up Goten’s thigh and to his crotch. From the first minute they had set their feet on the beach, they had enough attention from both females and males. The looks that they were giving to Goten made him hot. Oh, he got a bigger share of attention than Goten, but he didn’t give a damn about that – it made him hot to think he had something everyone else wanted. Goten was his.

“Trunks, not here,” Goten muttered, when the hand instead of retreating swept up again and gave a firm squeeze to his buttock. “Trunkssss…” he hissed, biting down a moan when Trunks’ fingers curled up deeper between his legs. “People are staring at us. Trunks!” he sat up, pushing Trunks away from him.

“Goddamn, will you stop?” Goten half laughed half grunted when Trunks attacked his mouth. His back hit the cover. “Trunks, don’t make me hit you!” Goten groaned at the feel of Trunks heavy weight on him. “We are in a public place!! Do you want to get arrested?!”

“Who says I’d let myself be arrested?” Trunks purred, liking then biting on Goten’s ear. Goten shivered in response then tried to buck Trunks away.

“Maybe you wouldn’t but we would get interrupted anyway. Trunks, no!” he grabbed Trunks’ hand when it started sliding his trunks down his hips. He could understand that Trunks cared not much about society rules, but this was too much. Summoning more strength, he pushed Trunks away from him. “For fuck’s sake! – We are on a damn beach!” he hissed out. He blushed at the stares they were getting from people around them. He lowered his head, his blush turning thick.

Trunks’ eyes darkened. “C’mon,” Trunks stood up, dragging Goten up by his arm, too. He led Goten away from the cover then grabbed it and tossed onto his shoulder.

Goten’s eyes widened as suddenly the beach blurred against his eyes. Trunks… Trunks hadn’t just… He didn’t… Did he?

“Trunks!” Goten gasped. “You can’t just IT when you wish!”

“Why not?” Trunks glared at him, tossing the cover onto the floor next to the four poster bed.

“Because…” Goten’s eyes widened when Trunks advanced to him. “Because…” he stammered. He felt his back hit the wall behind him and Trunks pressed against him firmly. A low moan left his mouth when Trunks’ knee dug between his legs and rubbed.

“Umm…” Goten’s lower lip was caught between his teeth, his eyelids fluttering closed. “What…ummnnhn…has…hah!” he gasped, “…gotten into…hmmnn…you?”

“I’m simply taking the opportunity to enjoy what I have…” Trunks purred into his ear. He ran his hands over Goten’s sides, feeling the smooth skin under his fingers. Trunks’ hand dove into Goten’s hair, grasping the soft strands and pulling him for a kiss.

Trunks loved how Goten yielded to him: his lips parted for him, his tongue meeting his then accepting his intrusion. He intensified the kiss, mapping Goten’s mouth out. Goten’s moans were caught between them. It was Goten’s own fault he had showed how to undo him. And he loved undoing Goten… Oh, how he loved it…

Trunks secured his hands at each side of Goten’s waist and lowered his head to his neck to inhale a lungful of that sweet citrus scent. His undoing was Goten’s scent. He reacted to it like to a catalyst.

Trunks nipped on Goten’s collarbone then grazed on his Adam’s apple, eliciting a light shiver in response in other’s body. He rubbed himself against Goten to rub more of that scent into his own skin.

With a thud Goten’s head fell back onto the wall behind him. He closed his eyes and tilted his head to the side to give more access for Trunks’ mouth and tongue. His hands slid over Trunks’ back then rose up to his shoulders. When Trunks bit on the side of his neck, Goten’s fingers grasped the firm muscles there.

Trunks’ hands slid down to Goten’s waist, his fingers hooked under the waistband of Goten’s trunks and pushed them down Goten’s hips. He grinned into Goten’s mouth when the fabric caught on Goten’s erection, making him gasp and squirm. Trunks slid the garment down Goten’s hips and freed him to the air.

“Quite excited, I see?” he broke the kiss to purr into Goten’s ear. He cupped Goten, giving him a light squeeze.

Instead of answering, Goten attached himself to Trunks’ mouth. He clashed their teeth together then stuck his tongue into Trunks’ throat. “Quit wasting your breath,” he said pulling back, biting on Trunks’ lower lip.

“So I shouldn’t waste my breath by telling that I love your firm ass?” He squeezed for emphasis. “I shouldn’t waste my breath by telling that your scent drives me crazy?” He spun Goten around suddenly, pressing him with his front to the wall, his arousal digging in between Goten’s buttocks. “So I shouldn’t waste my breath by saying that I am obsessed with you?” he grinded himself into Goten’s backside.

“Off…” Goten moaned, rocking back into the hard arousal he could feel. “Take them off!” Goten’s hands went behind him to grasp at other’s trunks.

Trunks’ arm wrapped around Goten’s waist. He pushed Goten in the direction of the bed and shoved him down. “So I shouldn’t say that I’ll fuck you until your throat becomes raw with screams?” he fell on top of Goten.

Goten grunted as the air was knocked out of him. He moaned when Trunks’ insistent hands slid over his skin, leaving trails of warmth, which was quickly spreading into fire between his legs.

“Trunks… Trunks, quit it,” Goten panted. He moaned when Trunks wriggled in between his legs.

“So I shouldn’t waste my breath by talking dirty anymore?” Trunks husked into Goten’s ear then bit on his earlobe. He wrapped his arm around Goten’s waist and pushed him farther up the bed.

Goten groaned. “Waste it as much as…ohhh…” He arched when Trunks’ hand enclosed him. “…As you wish… ghhhmm…” he bucked into Trunks’ palm as he started stroking his erection. “Only stop…fuck!” he bit his lips as Trunks’ squeezed him firmer. “Stop teasing me!”

Goten jerked and his eyes snapped open at the feel of cold steel around his wrists. The sound of metal clicking was heard in the room. With his head thrown back he stared at his wrists cuffed to the headboard above him. Wide-eyed, he raised his head to look at Trunks.

Trunks smirked. “Sorry, no whip this time.” His palm smacked Goten’s backside, molding around it perfectly. “But I’ll try compensating that.” He grinned after Goten yelped at the slap.

Goten jerked his arms, the cuffs cutting into his wrists. He grimaced.

“I can take them off, or you can break them,” Trunks purred into his ear. “But do you really want to?” he smacked Goten over his thigh again, eliciting a muffled grunt.

Goten flushed all scarlet. “Not really,” he mumbled, turning his face away from Trunks, feeling a bit shy over the eagerness and a wave of lust he felt.

A rose bloomed on Goten’s thigh after Trunks’ slaps. Trunks smoothed his palm over the hot skin. “Don’t be shy, love,” he laughed. “It’s my idea after all.” He smacked Goten again, drawing another gasp from him. “I knew you’d like it,” he chuckled, biting on the side of Goten’s bared neck.

Trunks ran his hands up Goten’s legs, spreading them and bending them at the knees. He stroked Goten’s thighs then brushed his fingers over Goten’s entrance, earning a shiver from the other man. Trunks leaned back to take his trunks off finally. Goten was watching him with dilated eyes, his tongue darting out to lick his lips subconsciously after Trunks was stark naked against him.

“You want it badly, don’t you?” Trunks’ eyes locked on Goten’s. “Give me head?” Goten flushed red again. He shortly wondered how Trunks knew the slang at all.

Goten swallowed loudly as Trunks crawled on him then even closer until he was straddling his chest. Goten’s eyes drank in the erection against his face. The scent that was wafting off Trunks was making him shiver with lust. “Well?” Trunks purred.

If Goten thought that he couldn’t be any more embarrassed, he was wrong. He parted his lips and felt his face flaming. He couldn’t hold Trunks’ gaze and lowered his eyes to his erection instead. Something was wrong with him – he couldn’t possibly want it so badly – he was cuffed, rendered helpless, how could he…

Trunks slid up, moved, and Goten’s thoughts were lost as the slick head pressed against his lips. He shuddered and moaned when Trunks rubbed against his lips. Why the hell was it turning him on so much? He tensed a bit when Trunks’ hand fisted in his hair, but there was no pressure, only Trunks’ fingertips massaging his scalp, and Goten relaxed again.

Trunks’ eyes glazed over when Goten opened his mouth further. He pushed past swollen lips. He slid in as far as he could. It wasn’t a comfortable pose neither for him nor Goten. Trunks berated himself mentally for not having thought of it beforehand. He wrapped his fingers onto the headboard against him, slid out then slid in again.

Goten watched Trunks’ half-lidded eyes. He couldn’t understand how he could feel that turned on while the other man fucked his mouth. There was obviously some perverted satisfaction in being used this way. Goten groaned around Trunks’ erection and closed his eyes. The scents and sight was making him dizzy. The feeling was overwhelming and he could feel his pre-cum slowly oozing and smearing his stomach.

Goten bucked and groaned around the shaft again as Trunk’s arm went behind his back and wrapped around Goten’s erection to stroke it. Goten’s eyes blinked open again as he felt Trunks retreat. He licked his lips while his eyes questioningly looked at Trunks. He had expected Trunks to use him until he came, but it seemed that Trunks had different plans. Although, he doubted if Trunks would last that long. Trunks got excited too fast.

After raising his head, Goten spotted a lube in Trunks’ hand. After several seconds Goten’s legs were spread and bent at the knees again. A muffled sound escaped Goten’s mouth when Trunks’ slicked fingers brushed over his entrance.

“Trunks…”Goten whined, wiggling. “Ugnnn…” he turned his head to the side when the fingers slid into him. He had forgotten that all he had to do was say Trunks’ name. He spread his legs farther to give Trunks better access.

Goten panted while Trunks’ fingers were sliding in and out off him. Trunks wasn’t touching that place, which made him restless but even more excited nonetheless. Expressing his displeasure, Goten wiggled his hips to try to get Trunks’ fingers reach that spot inside him. He groaned and his head fell back onto the pillow when he got what he wanted.

“How about fisting?” Trunks leaned to Goten’s ear.

Goten let out a low moan but at the same his eyes snapped open. “No way,” he panted, shaking his head. He closed his legs around Trunks’ arm.

“Calm down,” Trunks chuckled in a thickened voice, leaning over Goten and biting him on his shoulder. “Kidding. There’s no way it would work right now,” he scissored his fingers. He nipped on Goten’s chin, grinning. “But you did get excited nonetheless…” He cupped Goten’s erection.

“How the hell do you know about the stuff at all?” Goten panted out, moaning.

“Internet is a vast space…” Trunks rubbed over Goten’s prostate, making the other close his blurred eyes and squirm.

Goten couldn’t believe Trunks was calmly talking while fingerfucking him – usually the man could hardly control himself not to spill first. “Trunks, no more,” he panted out. This was driving him crazy. “Do it right and let me come finally!” he gasped out, arching as Trunks bit on his left nipple. “T-Trunks…” he his eyelashes fluttered madly when Trunks hand slid over his stomach and tweaked another nipple.

“Alright,” Trunks husked, drawing his fingers out. He pushed Goten’s knees up.

Goten grunted and his breath caught in his throat while Trunks was pushing inside him. His fingers curled in the handcuffs. His mouth fell open to draw so needed breath when Trunks finally stilled and ran his hand along his thigh.

“Move,” Goten bucked.

Trunks didn’t need to be told twice. Bending Goten almost in half, he started sliding in and out. He had been torturing them both long enough. Goten was going to get what he wanted and more.

Goten’s world concentrated on Trunks’ length sliding in and out of him, on Trunks grip on his thighs, on the heady scents around them, on the loud slaps of flesh against flesh, on their pants and grunts, on his own low moans that were spilling from his throat, on how the handcuffs were jingling against the headboard while Trunks used him roughly.

“Ahgh,” Goten gasped as Trunks hit right into the spot. Goten’s thighs started quivering against Trunks’ chest when Trunks seemed to rub that place non-stop. His body on fire, he strained his backside against Trunks to get everything Trunks had. “I’m…I’m going to…to…” his mouth fell open, his fingers and toes curling, blood pounding loudly in his ears. Pleasure contorted his face, and his muscles tensed, his head falling back while pleasure raided his rigid body.

Trunks’ fingers dug into Goten’s thighs, bruising the skin there. A low growl-grunt erupted from his throat when Goten’s walls clenched around him, and he came.

Through a daze Goten felt Trunks letting go of his legs. He felt Trunks rocking against him to draw out both of their pleasure. He closed his eyes again. He was still panting, his body shivering with aftermath. Slowly, the pounding in his ears lessened, his breathing came back to normal. Goten didn’t exactly know what happened on the Tower – he could only presume - but the sex he had just had was one of the best ones.

Still lightheaded, Goten opened his mouth to respond a sloppy kiss Trunks issued. He felt Trunks pulling back, semen following and running down in rivulets. Trunks slid his fingers in and out of Goten again then curled them to brush over Goten’s prostate. He smiled lazily when Goten jerked against him, his body being overly sensitive right now.

“Trunks!” Goten gasped again when Trunks repeated that. He closed his legs to stop Trunks from doing the same again.

Trunks pressed his mouth to Goten’s. He pulled his fingers out of Goten. “You badly need a shower…” he murmured into Goten’s ear.

“And whose fault is that?” muttered Goten, his eyelids feeling heavy. He tugged at his cuffed hands over his head. “Take them off. Feels numb.” He heard a drawer being open then Trunks fingers enclosed his wrists, and his hands were freed. He curled up, intending to sleep.

“You really need to take a shower…” Trunks’ hand slipped in between Goten’s smeared thighs again.

“Fuck off,” Goten mumbled, shifting away from Trunks’ hand and turning his back to him.

Trunks sighed and spooned up behind Goten.

XXXXX

Goten found Trunks at the breakfast table. All dishevel he plopped opposite Trunks who was watching cartoons and drinking black tea he bought a day before.

“What time is it?” Goten yawned.

“Seven,” Trunks raised his mug to Goten’s lips. Goten scrunched his nose and turned away.

“Why is it so early?” Goten shook his head. He rubbed his eyes then yawned again, showing his sharp teeth.

Trunks sipped his tea. “We went to sleep very early,” he shrugged. He leaned back into his chair and put the mug down onto the table. “I’m sorry,” he fidgeted with his mug uneasy. “I was sure you’d like it. I won’t do this anymore.”

Confused, Goten raised his head to look at him. “What are you talking about?” He got a bit nervous when he saw Trunks fidgeting.

“Well, the cuffs and stuff…” Trunks raised his mug to his mouth again. “I thought you’d like it.”

Goten blinked at him. “Well, I did. What’s the problem?”

“You did?” Trunks gave him a dubious look. “It didn’t exactly seem like it… You felt uncomfortable later…”

Finally Goten realized what the problem was. He shook his head. “Trunks, if I didn’t want to take a shower or cuddle with you, it doesn’t mean I didn’t like it. Besides, you simply exhausted me, and I wanted nothing else only to sleep. Actually I loved it. Really.”

“Oh.”

Goten chuckled, shaking his head again, feeling a bit embarrassed. He leaned over the table to plant a quick kiss on Trunks’ lips. Those silly insecurities Trunks felt sometimes…

“But next time YOU are getting cuffed,” he winked at Trunks, getting up and heading to the shower.

Trunks looked at Goten’s back, smiling. So he had simply understood it the wrong way. He felt so relieved. He heard the shower start and leaned in his chair again. Watching the cartoons, he finished his tea and took his mug to the sink to wash it. He thought about what Goten could have for breakfast.

On his way back to the table, Trunks stopped. He felt himself getting light-headed. He leaned on the cupboard for support. Everything started spinning in the room, his vision getting bleary. Like in a slow motion he realized he was falling to the floor but he could do nothing to prevent it – his body didn’t belong to him anymore.

“Trunks! Trunks!” Goten kneeled next to the unconscious man. “Trunks!” he shook the other by his shoulders. “What’s wrong, Trunks?!” he was beside himself.

Goten heaved out a relieved sigh when Trunks’ eyelids fluttered opened. “Trunks?” he called again, brushing hair from Trunks’ forehead. He yelped in unexpectedness as Trunks’ arm shot up to grab him by his wrist. Goten’s eyes widened when they met cold blue.

“Goten…” Trunks grinned, squeezing Goten’s wrist further. Eyes like steel slid over Goten’s face. Trunks tugged Goten down, and Goten gritted his teeth at the pain in his wrist.

“Trunks…” He jerked his arm, trying to get it away from Trunks’ grasp. “You are hurting me!”

Trunks smirked. “Long time no see.” Then Trunks bit his lip, and his eyes closed again. A trickle of blood ran down Trunks’ chin. He gasped then his eyes shot open again. He let go off Goten’s wrist. He blinked at Goten’s confused face. “Umm… Sorry?” he smiled tentatively.

Goten leaned away and sat down onto the floor. He rubbed his wrist. “You have fainted again…” he gave Trunks a worried look. “And this time you had some weird spasms,” he rubbed the red prints on his wrist. “You have to see Gohan again.” Goten shook his head. “Long time no see, ne?” he muttered under his breath.

“Umm?” Trunks tried to sit up, but Goten had to help him because he still was too dizzy.

“You said “Long time no see”,” Goten repeated.

“I probably wanted to say that I couldn’t see anything,” Trunks said. “My vision was blurred.”

Goten helped Trunks onto a chair. “I don’t care what you said, but you have to go to a hospital,” he stated.

Trunks nodded. Nonetheless, he knew he wouldn’t go to any hospital. He had an appointment already – with Gohan, after several days, and not in a hospital, but it would solve all problems.

XXXXX

When he got up, he thought about taking a shower to wash Goten’s scent away but then refused the thought because the noise would probably have waken Goten up. So he got up and sneaked silently out of the room, leaving Goten peacefully sleeping in the bed.

He still had some time until he met with Gohan. He wanted to simply enjoy it longer, so he dressed and left the flat.

The time had flown fast. It seemed he just yesterday went to Gohan to ask for a week. But the time was up. Actually that had been the best week in his short life. Goten and he spent it great and he was happy about it.

The day wasn’t nice. It seemed it would soon start raining: the sky was dark and gloomy, cold wind carrying gusts of dirt and litter over the road and into Trunks’ face from time to time. He could hear thunder rumbling somewhere far in the distance.

The weather reminded of that time when he and Goten were in that café and Goten wanted to leave him. He wasn’t still sure if he had done the right thing then, chasing after Goten. Concerning himself, he didn’t regret that, but he wasn’t still sure if he had a right to decide what was better for Goten. But it was too late for regrets, anyway – he hoped he did the right thing.

He walked through the streets and simply thought about things that had happened. He didn’t regret that he woke up from coma, after all. And he didn’t regret that Gohan didn’t have guts to finish him off then. Everything had solved out itself somehow after all. And he was sorry for assaulting the man the other day, and he was also a little sorry for liking to tease Gohan. Overall he was very happy and considered himself lucky to have had an opportunity to get to know those people.

Even his mother… He was glad to know she had loved the other. And he was glad to know that Vegeta cared about his wife that much not to tell her anything about her son. And Gohan…he loved his brother so much that was taking risk in leaving Trunks alive… There were some things in this world that made it worth living after all…

After several hours of wandering through the city he finally turned to the place he and Gohan had arranged to meet at a week ago. He thought that he would be anxious and scared but actually he didn’t feel like that. He was at peace - he knew that there was no other way. He had appeared in this world accidentally and he held no anger or wrong that everything turned out like this.

They had chosen an open place far from the city. After searching for Gohan’s ki, it appeared that the man was already waiting for him. So he walked for several meters more, until there were no people around him and then ITed to Gohan’s ki.

“Hey,” Trunks walked over to Gohan. “Oh… I didn’t know you had a katana.” Trunks looked at the sheathed sword next to Gohan who was sitting on the grass, under a huge linden tree.

Gohan looked up at him. “Yeah, it’s a hobby of mine. Long ago I had to learn using a two-handed sword to fight an enemy. From then on I got interested in sword fighting. But a katana is much lighter and easier to use…”

Trunks sat down onto the grass next to Gohan. “Actually I wanted to apologize for making you do this. I know we didn’t really get along most of the time, but I know you won’t enjoy this.”

Gohan didn’t say anything to this.

“Goten has problems with money,” Trunks said then. “I left the laptop in my flat. The password is “XX0236local” the further passwords and stuff are on the desktop. I have already paid for the new semester of his studies, but you’ll have to do it further. Actually, you can use the money and the immovable property as you seem fit,” Trunks leaned back onto his hands. “Promise, you’ll take care of your brother further as you did before.” He looked at Gohan.

Gohan couldn’t hold the gaze and lowered his eyes to the grass. “Of course, I promise,” he sighed.

“I thought Vegeta might show up…” Trunks lay down on the grass on his back.

Gohan followed Trunks’ example and lay down next to Trunks. “It’s not something a parent would want to see…”

“Yeah… I suppose…” Trunks drawled. “You know…when I first saw those burn scars on my chest, I thought he was that kind of father… I think I despised him,” he looked at the dark clouds in the sky.

Gohan was silent then laughed softly. “Vegeta never showed much affection, but…” he didn’t finish the sentence, just shook his head.

“Yeah, after becoming familiar with ki, I figured out where those burns came from…” Trunks nodded. “I’m glad I got to know him. He’s kinda weird, but I like him.”

Gohan looked up at the sky, too. “Yeah…” He could scent Goten all over Trunks, but, instead of disturbing or making him feel uncomfortable, it made him regret his opinion about Trunks. Trunks was the one who returned the smile to Goten’s face. Trunks was a very individual person and one had to know how to act near him, but Trunks wasn’t a bad person. Quite the opposite. Trunks was one of the most selfish persons he had ever known, but on the other hand, the self-sacrifice that Trunks showed… He wondered how those two factors were able to fit in Trunks.

Trunks stood up. “Well, let’s not wait for Christmas.”

Gohan looked at Trunks’ back then stood up, too.

Trunks looked at the green field before him. He was a little sad, but this was the only way and he had no regrets. Inhaling deeply and dropping his ki, he looked around once again. This was probably the first time he was completely unguarded, with his walls down. The cool wind, rushing against his skin and ruffling in his hair felt alive and vital. He felt like transparent while standing there. It was probably the first time when he felt one with the world that was surrounding him.

Inhaling once again, he lowered to his knees, closed his eyes and lowered his head. His fingers dug into the grass underneath him. He didn’t want to go yet.

It seemed the wind that rushed through the field brought the same scent he felt when woke up and saw Goten for the first time. Sweet, yet with a hint of strong spice.

He was glad Goten kissed him then, in the hospital, even if it was the other one whom Goten kissed.

What was with that ice-cream, anyway?

He was glad he had a father like this.

And he liked the club, liked how Goten was looking at him then.

He was sorry for his mother.

But yes, the sundae did taste well, Goten had been right.

Everyone was right – he was a narcissist, but not that he cared, anyway.

He really loved his hair black and not purple.

And he loved driving.

Yes, he was unbelievably happy he chased after Goten then, when he ran out from the café.

Goten.

He was sad he couldn’t change anything.

Trunks heard a gust of wind that appeared when katana was raised. His fingers gripped the grass firmer.

The swing of katana was instant. The grass painted red and the scent of fresh blood and death filled the air. The wind caught it and carried further into the fields. Otherwise, nothing changed - nothing disturbed the silence and order.

Just before the finishing stroke Trunks thought he had heard someone’s soft cry.

XXXXX

Gohan turned around to look at Goten who stood behind him, Goten’s hand on the linden to support his weight as he looked like his legs would gave in at any moment.

“You shouldn’t have come.” Gohan reached for a cloth to wipe blood off his katana. He looked at the sky as it started raining.

Goten looked at the naked headless body at Gohan’s feet. “I wanted to see him for the last time.” After that Goten looked at Trunks who was staring at the lavender-haired head that had rolled to him several moments ago.

“It’s okay, he’s dead,” Gohan said to Trunks. Even if knowing he had no other choice than to kill Trunks, he still felt dirty. “And you are free,” he added.

Trunks raised his head to stare at the brothers. “I don’t really get it,” he breathed out finally. “And why are you here?” his eyes went to Goten.

“He knew everything,” Gohan said. “Ayame told him everything about your plans…and Goten got this idea… If not for Ayame, I’d really have taken your head off.” He looked at the naked body at his feet.

“I can’t believe you wanted to do it…” Goten looked at Trunks.

“You probably don’t know, but we have such thing as Dragon Balls,” Gohan said, ignoring his brother. “We figured we could try using them. We weren’t sure if they would work. Vegeta and Goku had been looking for them for almost whole week until they gathered all seven of them. And they made a wish today. For you and him to separate under my katana.”

“Oh…” Trunks stared at them. He finally realized he was still kneeling. Trunks stood up. He brushed the grass and dirt off his jeans. “Convenient.” He looked at Goten. “Are you crying?”

“It’s the rain, you idiot,” Goten muttered, hiding his face. “I was so afraid it wouldn’t work! I was so afraid it was only a vain hope…”

Trunks walked over to Goten.

Gohan turned to look at the embracing pair. He sighed and sheathed his katana. He raised his head to look at the raining sky and raised his hands to the rain. And they still felt dirty.

THE END
Converting /tmp/php24Z5TH to /dev/stdout