Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Wish For The Past ❯ Go To Hell ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Never take me or the things I do during the disclaimers too seriously. *sweatdrops* Had to say this 'cause someone once took offense at my antics concerning Trunks and Gohan.

Disclaimer: Trunks is sparring with Vegeta, so I got teenage Gohan to help me with my disclaimer this time. *grin*
Gohan: *smiles at Brenda* Aww, the readers already know you don't own DBZ. Why don't we go off and get some ice cream or something?
Brenda: *sparkly eyes* That would be awesome! Ice cream with one of the greatest hunks in the world! *giggles and waves to the readers* I don't own DBZ! But I'll take this as a consolation prize any day! *flies off with Gohan to get ice cream*
Gohan: Woo hoo! I actually got to speak during the disclaimer! Score Gohan: 1, Trunks: 0!

Wish For The Past
(Go To Hell)

"You let my baby wish himself to Hell?!" Chi-Chi screamed incredulously. It took both Goku and Gohan to restrain her from bashing Trunks with her frying pan. She was furious. "How could you do such a thing, Trunks?"

"Aww, Chi-Chi, ease up on the little guy," Goku pleaded with his wife. "He couldn't have known what would happen."

"Besides," Gohan chipped in, "Goten's the one who made the wish, not Trunks. It's not his fault."

"I DON'T CARE! All I know is that my son is in Hell and no one's doing anything about it!"

"Chi-Chi, relax," Bulma said soothingly, placing one hand on her friend's shoulders. "I have an idea. Goku, why don't you go to Hell and look for Goten? You know, use that teleportation trick of yours." The blue haired woman chuckled suddenly. "If Goten's in Hell, he's probably wreaking havoc somewhere, if I know him. Someone will know where he is. And if that doesn't work, you can always just look for a bunch of Saiya-jin. They'd probably know where your dad is, Goku. Wherever he is, Goten will probably be nearby."

Chi-Chi whipped around suddenly and conked Goku's head with her frying pan. "Well, what are you waiting for?! Go to Hell, Son Goku, or I'm not going to feed you for a week!"

The mighty Saiyan panicked at a fate worse than death. "Ie! Ie! No need to threaten, Chi-Chi. I'll go right now!" He placed two fingers on his forehead, a look of concentration on his face.

"Wait!" young Trunks cried. Goku paused and looked at the little demi-saiyan. "I wanna go too. Please take me with you, Goku-san. Goten's my friend. If anything happened to him, I'd... I'd..." The boy's voice cracked and he couldn't finish what he was saying. He blinked back tears at the thought of what his friend must be going through right now.

"Not on your life, buster," Bulma snapped. "If both you and Goten get together in Hell, I have no doubt that all Hell will break loose, figuratively and literally. You're staying right here."

"But Mom!"

"No buts! I mean it, Trunks! I don't want to hear another word out of you about you going to Hell with Goku."

Before Trunks could even open his mouth to protest yet again, Goku disappeared. Chi-Chi tucked her frying pan under one arm with a satisfied smirk on her face. She had complete faith in her husband. He would come home with her youngest son, safe and sound. She just knew it. "I'm going home now, Bulma. When my Goku gets back with Goten, they're both probably going to be hungry. Come on, Gohan, we need to go home."

~*~

"Really? Goten's not in Hell or Heaven?" Goku scratched his head in puzzlement. "But if he's not alive and he's not dead, where is he, Kaio-sama?" To save time, he had gone directly to King Kai, rather than search through the vast expanses of heaven and hell.

The short, blue, fish-faced God of the North Quadrant of the galaxy glared at his one-time student. "How should I know?!" he yelled. "I keep telling you, he just disappeared. Like he doesn't exist anymore. There one minute, gone the next."

Goku looked thoughtful, which was a very odd expression to see on the normally clueless face the Saiyan tended to wear. It wasn't that he actually was stupid. It was just that he preferred to take life as it is without worrying about things he couldn't help. Goten had wished to meet his grandfather, a person not even Goku knew, and that wish had caused him to disappear. But where?

Rrrrgghrrrr.

All thoughts, serious or otherwise, disappeared from the powerful man's mind as he clutched his stomach. "Oh, man, I'm starving! Say, King Kai, d'ya think Chi-Chi will feed me, even if I don't have Goten when I go home?" Goku asked pathetically.

The life of his son is at stake and the guy can't think about anything other than his stomach. "Honestly, Goku, sometimes your innocence astounds me. You're like an overgrown child, in a sense." The Kaio's eyes widened as he realized what he'd just said. "Get it? Innocence? In a sense?" He broke down in a fit of giggling at his own joke, rolling on the ground while Goku stared at the creature who was one of the best martial arts masters of all time. A huge sweatdrop rolled down the back of his head.

"Er.. yeah. Umm.. I guess I'll be going now. Thanks for your time, Kaio-sama!" He waved as he placed two fingers on his forehead and vanished once again-

-and reappeared in Capsule Corporation, where Bulma was watching television. Goku quickly told her about his discovery that Goten didn't appear to be anywhere. Maybe she could figure out what happened. She was, after all, a genius. And that would leave Goku's brain free to concentrate on one of the more important aspects of life without feeling guilty.

I wonder what Chi-Chi made for lunch....

~*~

Unbeknownst to Bulma or Goku, Trunks had come downstairs in search of lunch, passing by the room his mother was in just as Goku popped into existence. And so he had heard every word they had said.

*I wish that I could meet my dad's dad.*

That was what Goten had said. And now Goten was gone, vanished from reality, if what Goku said was true. Vanished from reality....

The chibi-Saiyan gasped involuntarily as a sudden thought struck him. What if... what if Goten's wish didn't send him to where his grandpa is now... but where his grandpa used to be?! That would mean that Goten wasn't anywhere to be found because he was in the past! Trunks's back straightened with determination. He needed to get to Goten. His friend really didn't stand a chance by himself, lost in the past who-knows-where. And there was only one way he was going to be able to reach Goten anytime soon.

The nine year old boy ran back to his room. He had a plan. And he'd be damned if he let anyone keep him from helping his friend.

~*~

Kersplash!!!

Water splashed everywhere as Goten leapt into the bathtub. He lathered soap all over his body, playing with the bubbles the suds made, his face positively glowing. Bardock reached down and picked up the soiled gi the boy had left on the floor. He wrinkled his nose at the odor it gave off and debated whether or not to just throw it into the garbage. Something fell out of a pocket somewhere within the clothing, landing on the floor with a faint clatter. The Saiyan leaned over and picked it up, curious.

"What's this?" He held up the circular green and silver device.

Goten looked over at what Bardock was holding. "That? That's the Dragon Radar. Me and Trunks used it to find the dragonballs. You just press that button and they show up on the green screen thingy if they're nearby."

Bardock clicked the little button on the side of the radar. Not surprisingly, the screen remained blank. "We're probably too far away from Earth to pick up any signals." He sighed, then looked thoughtfully at the gadget in his hand. "But maybe if we go to Earth, we could find the dragonballs there and wish you back to where you're supposed to be!" So far, it was the best plan he'd come up with yet for how to return his grandson to the future.

Still wearing nothing but a towel, Bardock dropped the gi back on the floor and left the bathroom. He'd wash it in the remainder of Goten's bath water once the kid was done getting cleaned up, since the warrior didn't exactly have anything that would fit Goten and he'd need to wear something when they went shopping. Dropping the radar on the bed, he rummaged through his closet for something 'casual', which meant something that didn't look like he was ready to tear the arms off anyone who wasn't careful.

He finally settled for a pair of black, loose-fitting pants and an aquamarine shirt that would allow him freedom of movement. That done, he checked in on Goten again. The chibi-Saiyan had managed to remove most of the grime from his body and didn't appear to be improving anymore, so he ordered the kid out of the bath, handing him a dry towel. Now for the gi. Bardock plucked the garment up and tossed it into the soapy bath water, half-heartedly shaking it to loosen the debris that clung to the cloth. There was no way in Hell the thing would ever be completely clean and Bardock didn't particularly feel like trying to return it to its best state. He rinsed it and wrung out the water. It was better than it had been before, but that wasn't saying much. Still, it would have to do.

Goten briskly rubbed his hair with the towel to remove excess water, then put the once-orange gi on, still wet, which was more than a little uncomfortable. "Can we go shopping now, tousan?"

"Sure, kid," Bardock smiled faintly. Goten's cheerful disposition was beginning to rub off on him a little. Being around the boy made Bardock realize what he'd missed out on when he'd sent his son, Kakarot, off to some backwater world instead of raising him himself. It was something Bardock was surprised to find himself regretting, even if it was only a little bit. "Let's get going."

~*~

Perfect. Everyone was asleep, even his father. No one would know he was gone until morning. If he suppressed his ki, not even Goku would be able to find him. Trunks snuck into the space ship, closing the hatch behind him. He had several changes of clothes, his toothbrush, a pocket case full of hoi poi capsules, which contained all the food he figured he'd need for the trip and a few other handy gadgets (like a second Dragon Radar), and even a couple of senzu beans he'd stashed away in case of an emergency. He really didn't know what he was getting himself into, after all, and it wouldn't hurt to be prepared.

He'd left a note behind for his parents to find in the morning, after he was gone. It told them he loved them but that he had to go find Goten and didn't know when he'd be back. All true. He had purposefully left out his intended destination. No need to have them follow him.

Now it was off to Namek, to collect the Namekian dragonballs!

~*~

Please review! (If I weren't so lazy, I'd vary these requests from time to time. ^_^)