Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ With you I am Born Again ❯ Nothing Lasts forever ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

With you I'm born Again
 
Nothing is forever
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own DBZ or its characters. I am not getting any money for it either!
(A/N Don't get me wrong, I love Gohan and Videl but this couple has been on my mind lately and well, I like them together)
 
 
“What do you mean?” Videl asked anxiously.
 
“I'm leaving” He intoned flatly
 
“Just like that- you're gone, just leaving, no reason?”
 
“I told you the reason”
 
“No, Gohan, you didn't” She cried refusing to believe her ears.
 
“I have to go it is the only way”
 
 
“But why you? Why would they need you? Your family is here, we need you! What about Pan, what about me?”
 
“Pan's nearly grown—and you'll be fine…you'll be fine” He had made sure of it. Satan's millions and his well-invested salary from Capsule Corporation had been handled with great care. Videl and Pan would never have any financial need.
 
“Your not fair, what have I done? What did I do wrong? I am sorry! Please -God No1 Don't leave Gohan.”
 
Videl was beside herself now. She began grasping at whatever shoe could to keep her husband.
 
“Don't Videl.” He spoke sternly, then more gently, “It will be like I died, and everything will be yours and Pans.
 
“But you're not dead! Why do you want to go?”
 
He began to remember. He had been asked, and he really wanted this- Maybe because it was that he felt this calling. The calling had been recognized by the Kais- one could not argue with this urgent, desperate call. He felt like he had been preparing his entire life to fulfill this one role! Yes, he needed to go!
 
More formidably, he reminded Videl, “You know I never did mark you.” He placed a hand on Videl's neck.
 
She had questioned herself about this. Vegeta always spoke to them about the Siayan Bonding, marking one's life mate. Gohan never did it. She never asked, figuring That Gohan was not like the possessive Prince. A mate for Life. He had purposely withheld this from the both of them.
 
`You knew?” she asked astoundingly.
 
“No.” he stated truthfully, “but I never felt it was right, there were times it was but I could never go through with it….” He quipped off. Regaining his thought, “Now, I figured that this was the reason.” He tried a consoling tone.
 
His explanation only made her cry harder. “Why, why even bother getting married if you never felt right?”
 
“That's not true. I wanted to marry you and I did. I still do love you but this is more important for the hope and protection of the others….”
 
Angry she wiped her eyes, “You're talking about people and worlds you don't even know!”
 
“That's just it, I do know, and I am needed. Look beyond this small life and see the bigger one and the good of it”
 
“I need you, you are my whole life!”
 
“Many people need me now, many lives”
 
“ I cant see that, not now” thinking for a moment she stated, “just go , do what you must, I cant fight you- or this- just say goodbye to our daughter—too bad you wont be there for her anymore”
 
“That's not fair Videl”
 
“Yeah, I know what you mean.”
 
Videl could not bare the sight of him any longer. She was angry, hurt, and confused. She took to the air hoping to find some peace of mind.