El Hazard Fan Fiction ❯ MrWhat's "El-Hazard" drabbles ❯ Broadband ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
TITLE: Broadband
BLURB: Ph33r her l33t h4x0r sk1lz.
BASED ON: El-Hazard OVA
TYPE: Humor; 200 words ("double drabble")
AUTHOR: Eric Adcock <adcockea@echoalpha.com>
DATE: March 2002
ARCHIVE: http://echoalpha.com/fanfic/

This takes place some time after the end of the first OVA series.

El-Hazard (c) AIC / Pioneer LDC / Geneon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Fujisawa scratched his head. "Okay, kid. Explain this again. And use smaller words this time."

Makoto laughed. "Sorry... Ifurita and I have crossed between El-Hazard and Earth several times now. But we're still learning about dimensional travel.

"We've just learned how to create a different kind of portal between dimensions. The good news is, after you create it, it stays open permanently. The bad news is, you can't send matter through it-- only energy.

"But you can use energy to transmit information. That's how radio and TV works. And now, we've created the first trans-dimensional wireless Internet connection.

"And Ifurita's 'learned' all of these techniques, so she's... our wireless modem."

A new personal computer, fresh from Earth, sat on Makoto's large desk. Ifurita sat beside it. A cable ran from the back of the computer to a connection in the choker she always wore.

Makoto sat at the computer. "Whenever you're ready, love."

Ifurita grinned. She had shown a positively mischievous sense of humor, of late. "Ph33r my l33t h4x0r sk1lz!" she exclaimed.

"And there it is... comes up really fast, too."

Eyeing Ifurita, Fujisawa whispered to Nanami. "Sort of gives a whole new meaning to the term 'broad-band'... ouch!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------