El Hazard Fan Fiction ❯ MrWhat's "El-Hazard" drabbles ❯ Nanami's Complaint ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
TITLE: Nanami's Complaint
BLURB: It really isn't fair, when you think about it.
BASED ON: El-Hazard OVA
TYPE: Humor; 200 words ("double drabble")
AUTHOR: Eric Adcock <adcockea@echoalpha.com>
DATE: March 2002
ARCHIVE: http://echoalpha.com/fanfic/

This takes place near or shortly after the end of the first OVA series.

El-Hazard (c) AIC / Pioneer LDC / Geneon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Nanami suddenly stood and shouted at Makoto. She ignored the surprised looks from her restaurant’s customers.

"You want to know what's bothering me? Fine! I'll TELL you what's bothering me!"

"Uh..." Makoto replied.

"We all get sent to El-Hazard, and what happens? You get some impossibly beautiful 'demon god' chick for a soul-mate. Our sensei gets hitched to an impossibly beautiful water priestess. Even my idiot brother's probably got a thing with the bug queen by now."

"Uh..." Makoto interjected.

"So where's my impossibly handsome boyfriend? Huh? This restaurant is nice, but do you think that's all I ever think about?"

"Uh..." Makoto answered.

Nanami collapsed into her chair and wept. "It's not fair. Don't the writers ever think about how the female sidekick feels? A girl has needs, you know..."

"Uh..." Makoto sympathized.

"AARGH!!" Nanami stood again. A large axe inexplicably appeared in her hands. She swung it with wild abandon at tables, chairs and customers.

"I’M MAD AS HELL... AND I’M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT... ANY MORE!!"

"Uh..." Makoto protested, as the axe swung towards his head.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Nanami gasped and sat up in bed. Then she fell back and sighed. "I have *got* to get a boyfriend."

-----------------------------------------------------------------