El Hazard Fan Fiction ❯ MrWhat's "El-Hazard" drabbles ❯ Go Fly A Kite ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
TITLE: Go Fly A Kite
BLURB: With apologies to Ben Franklin.
BASED ON: El-Hazard TV
TYPE: Humor; 200 words ("double drabble")
AUTHOR: Eric Adcock <adcockea@echoalpha.com>
DATE: April 2002
ARCHIVE: http://echoalpha.com/fanfic/

This actually works with either the OVA or the TV series, but it was written with the TV series in mind.

El-Hazard (c) AIC / Pioneer LDC / Geneon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Shayla had gone to see Afura about some routine matter. She found Afura high on a hilltop. The sky above was heavy with clouds and occasional thunder.

"Whatcha doin', bookworm? Helping Makoto with one of his experiments?"

"No, no, I still do some research on my own, you know."

"Then why are you flying a kite in a thunderstorm? I thought you already knew everything there is to know about the wind."

"No, Shayla, this isn't about the wind..."

"And why'd you tie your end of the string to a jar covered with foil? You can't fly a kite like that. You gotta be able to let more string out..."

Afura sighed, pulled the string from the jar, and handed it to Shayla. "Fine. Why don't *you*, the *fire* priestess, show *me*, the *wind* priestess, how to fly a kite."

Shayla grinned. "Always pleased to show you how it's done... Hey, what'd you do, tie a skeleton key to the kite? No wonder this thing ain't-- EEYOWTCH!!"

Lightning had struck the kite.

Shayla turned to Afura. Her already spiky hair was now entirely on end, and smoke, or steam, poured from her ears.

Afura grinned.

Shayla growled. "Get ready to die..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------