El Hazard Fan Fiction ❯ MrWhat's "El-Hazard" drabbles ❯ My Name Is Mud ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
TITLE: My Name Is Mud
BLURB: Between a rock and a hard place.
BASED ON: El-Hazard OVA
TYPE: Humor; 200 words ("double drabble")
AUTHOR: Eric Adcock <adcockea@echoalpha.com>
DATE: May 2002
ARCHIVE: http://echoalpha.com/fanfic/

El-Hazard (c) AIC / Pioneer LDC / Geneon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Afura found Kauru in one of Arliman's hot springs baths. "Got a minute? You've *got* to see this..."

Kauru followed Afura, wrapping a towel around herself. "What is it, Miss Afura?"

Afura grinned. "Shayla was using the new mud bath. And the mud was cold, so she used her lamp to warm it. And then she must've fallen asleep, and she... baked it..."

They walked up to the mud bath. Only Shayla's head was visible above the mud.

Then Afura walked out on the mud. It was as hard as a brick.

Kauru giggled. "Oh dear..."

"Yeah, yeah," Shayla growled. "Just get me outta here, wouldja?"

Kauru was thoughtful. "If we use our lamps, we might hurt her. I'll get dressed, and then I'll fetch some chisels."

As Kauru left, Afura sat on the mud, next to Shayla, and grinned at her.

Shayla gulped. "Uh, Afura? You're not gonna... do something... to me, are you?..."

Afura grinned wider. "No... This must be bad enough as it is. Why, I'll bet your nose itches, doesn't it. And you can't move a finger to scratch it. Oh, it *must* itch *so* badly. It must be driving you crazy..."

Shayla panicked. "KAURU!! HURRY!!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------