El Hazard Fan Fiction ❯ MrWhat's "El-Hazard" drabbles ❯ Well Done ( Chapter 31 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
TITLE: Well Done
BLURB: Nanami's cooking up a storm.
BASED ON: El-Hazard OVA
TYPE: Humor; 200 words ("double drabble")
AUTHOR: Eric Adcock <adcockea@echoalpha.com>
DATE: October 2002
ARCHIVE: http://echoalpha.com/fanfic/

This takes place some time after the end of the first OVA series.

El-Hazard (c) AIC / Pioneer LDC / Geneon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Makoto and Ifurita had gone to the Shinonome Diner for a fine Sunday dinner. Nanami was too busy to eat with them, but she served their meals personally.

Makoto looked down at a steak dinner plate that Nanami had just set in front of him. "Namami? I'm sorry, but I ordered a steak well-done, and this is almost raw..."

Nanami grinned. "Wait."

Shayla sat at a nearby table, trying to push away a clinging Fatora and Alielle, and rapidly approaching the end of her limited patience.

Nanami counted down out loud. "Three... two... one..."

A fire bolt landed on Makoto's plate. It burned for a moment, and dissipated, to reveal a perfectly cooked well-done steak.

Makoto took a bite, and smiled. "This is great!"

Nanami leaned over their table again. "Oh, your candle's gone out. Let's see..."

She pushed it a few centimeters to one side and stood back up, and another fire bolt flew over the table and re-lit it.

Ifurita smiled warmly. "Dear Nanami. You are very skilled at turning events to your advantage."

Nanami grinned again as she leaned to and fro, dodging more fire bolts. "It's still a problem when customers order ice cream for dessert."

-----------------------------------------------------------------