El Hazard Fan Fiction ❯ MrWhat's "El-Hazard" drabbles ❯ Crystal Clear ( Chapter 63 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
TITLE: Crystal Clear
BLURB: It's not a statue. And she *was* drunk.
BASED ON: El-Hazard OVA
TYPE: Humor; 200 words ("double drabble")
AUTHOR: Eric Adcock <adcockea@echoalpha.com>
DATE: June 2003
ARCHIVE: http://echoalpha.com/fanfic/

El-Hazard (c) AIC / Pioneer LDC / Geneon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Kauru came out from the Muldoon temple, to find Afura carefully dragging a statue of Shayla in crystal towards the open doorway.

"What a beautiful statue of Miss Shayla," said Kauru. "But... what a strange pose. She looks like she's drunk."

Afura sighed, but grinned. "It's not a statue. And she *was* drunk."

Kauru gasped. "You mean..."

"Yup," Afura said. "She went to town and got drunk, and then she got lost on the way home last night. And then, she wandered into the Crystal Tunnels, and got herself petrified."

Kauru sighed. "Oh dear."

"Yup," Afura said again. "But now, we have to make a difficult decision."

Kauru blinked. "What do you mean, Miss Afura?"

Afura grinned again. "The longer we wait to break her free from the crystal, the more angry she'll be with us. But, the longer we wait, the more peace and quiet we'll have."

Then Afura rubbed her chin. "So what do you think? It's still early morning. Shall we leave her like this until lunch-time?"

Kauru gasped again. "Oh *no*, Miss Afura! I think it'd be best to break her out *after* lunch."

Get ready to die, Shayla thought. But save me some lunch, too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------