Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Other Fan Fiction ❯ Witchers ❯ Chapter Sixty Seven ( Chapter 67 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
"It's not as if we can rebuild the entire world," Alexie said. When everyone looked at him he just shrugged. "It's the truth. For the most part our powers are for destruction. We don't exactly have repair-o-vision to fix things."

"No, we don't; but people are bound to be afraid and skeptical that the demons are actually gone. At the very least we can give them hope. They deserve that much." Kyoya looked at Macy and smiled. "Their children deserve to grow up without fear."

"Too true," Faust commented. "You all still have a part to play in this world."

Yuki crossed her arms under her chest. "None of my powers are made for destruction!" she yelled and glared at Alexiel. "In case you haven't noticed, I'm a priestess."

Evelyn nodded. "I bend water, Alexiel. That can be used for tones of things rather than killing."

Alexiel held up his hands in defense. "Easy, I just meant that.... Well...." He sighed as he looked away. "Just forget it."

Kyoya looked at everyone as Alexiel went to his room. "Okay...that was slightly weird."

"He is a moody little thing, isn't he?" Faust shrugged as he went to raid Granny's kitchen.

Yuki smiled. "And that's my cue to go make him feel better," she said following behind him Alexiel.

Evelyn made a face. "I so didn't want to know that. I swear I am still too young to hear sexual innuendos." Macy stared at her with question. Evelyn passed Macy to Kyoya. "And I'm so not ready to explain to her what I meant either."

"You're not even suppose to know what innuendos are!" Kyoya groaned as he held Macy and looked down at her. She stared up at him with questioning eyes and he just sighed. "Macy, you want to play dolls with daddy?" It was the only thing he could think that might entertain her more than him answering her question.

Faust whistled while raiding Granny's kitchen.

"I can't help but notice that even though the portal is destroyed you have chosen to remain on this earth. Why is that, Faust?"

He stopped for a moment, but didn't bother to look back at Granny. "Things...are not always as they seem. I'm afraid that in my absence in this realm there were some...altercations which took place that cannot be mended."

"And just what is that suppose to mean?"

Faust looked back at her and shrugged. "For once...I don't know. For once, I don't have the answers; and quite frankly that terrifies me."

Macy screamed with joy at the fact that Kyoya wanted to play with her. She squirmed in his arms until he let her down. She grabbed his finger and tugged at him until he walked with her to his room.

Evelyn moved to the kitchen with Faust and Granny. She felt her heart sink at his words.

"Are you saying that there is something else out there that could be just as bad if not worse than the battle we just fought or the Lex?" She sat down at the bar and sighed. "I knew being normal wasn't going to be easy." She buried her face in her arms as she rested on the bar. "Life stinks!"

Faust turned to Evelyn and ruffled her hair. "Oh I doubt it's anything that bad," he told her, forcing a smile onto his lips. "It's just that up until now I knew what was going to happen. Now I'm sort of going into everything blind. If I'm still here they must have some use for me...I just don't know what that is."

Evelyn turned her head to the side as she rested her head on her arms. She stared at the wall which held the picture of the team. The very one that Luna had found and ripped Lex out of. She smiled at the thoughts of the old days when times seemed at ease despite the fact that they were still fighting demons. At that time, they were more of a family than they had ever been. Even though Lex betrayed them, Evelyn knew she was her happiest when he was part of their family.

With a new life starting, and no demons to threaten them, it was hard to fathom what she was to do next. Macy and Kyoya would most likely build a place of their own, as well as Yuki and Alexiel after they get married. After all, they had their own small families to start or to think of. If they were to live normal lives, it meant going out on their own and starting from scratch. Evelyn didn't know where she would go from there, but she knew Faust and Elizabeth would care for her until it was time for her to start her own story.

There were still people out there like her, and not just the Charley team. Maybe she would start searching for other teens and children that had powers. Maybe Faust and Elizabeth would welcome them too and help them develop their gifts. It's what Luna would want to do. And if Evelyn wanted to be like Luna, it meant becoming a leader.

Evelyn stood. She smiled at everyone. "I have a few ideas," she said.