Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ The Legacy ❯ The Traitor ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

THE LEGACY
by Black Fury

DISCLAIMERS
1. I DO NOT OWN, OR HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH "ZOIDS". I WOULD LIKE TO OWN IT, BUT OH WELL!
2. I HAVE TO GIVE CREDIT TO "DARK SPINER" FOR INVENTING THE CHARACTER "Kevin Batterson", AND HIS ULTIMATE X "DARK SPINER". ALSO, FOR LETTING ME USE "Isaac Cloud" AND "Zephyr".
3. I HAVE TO GIVE CREDIT TO "MARIA DANAMA" FOR INVENTING HARRY CHAMP'S ULTIMATE X "DEIFIC CAT".
4. THIS FANFIC IS MEANT AS A PARALLEL STORY TO "Old Conflicts Renewed" found on ANIME ADMIRER'S ZOIDS PLUS NOW ENJOY!!!
5. If you want to contact me, my e-mail is ultimatefury@lycos.com.

CHAPTER 9: The Traitor

Zoids as far as the eye could see. And the Backdraft had every kind, from the tiny, caterpillar-like Molgas to the massive gorilla-types, Iron Kong and Hammer Rock. And every kind of transport, too: Dragoon's Nest, Whale King, Hammerhead, Hammer-Kaiser, and a peculiar Carrier-type.

It was long, flat, and circular, like a Ray. No, she thought. Not a Ray, a man-of-war. A Portuguese man-of-war. And in that instant, Megan Zara recognized the craft. And it belonged to the last man she'd ever suspect of being a traitor on behalf of the Backdraft Organization…

"BIT!" she screamed over the comm. Her teammate, Bit Cloud, who was originally from the Blitz Team, responded immediately.

"Yeah, What's wrong?

See that flat, circular carrier up over there?

The green one? Yeah, why?

It's Imperial!

No way!

"She's right!" interrupted Vega Obscura, of the Jungle Team. "It belongs to an Imperial officer: Günter Prozen!

NO F***ING WAY! General Günter Prozen? The Imperial Regent?

Yes!" Megan answered.

"You sure?

Yes! I think I can recognize the War Maiden when I see it!

Oh, Shit!

Bit then asked: "somebody mind telling us rookies who this guy is?

The Imperial Regent. And a traitor, apparently." Answered Megan

Damn…

LEENA, WATCH OUT!" an Iron Kong Missile-type had fired a salvo at a very heavily armed GunSniper, which dodged, the pilot, Leena Batterson, having heard the warning coming from her brother Leon's Blade Liger. The Red Blade Liger then proceeded to slice the Iron Kong in half, as well as several other M-Types.

Thanks, Leon!

It was nothing, but be careful!

I--

"ALL COMMISSION FORCES, RETREAT IMMEDIATELY! THE DEATH SAURER IS ABOUT TO FIRE ITS PRIMARY WEAPON!

God! Let's move, people!!

And hundreds of Zoids began a retreat. They all lined up behind the massive King Gojulas, and the UltraSaurus Carrier. The Zoids equipped with Energy shields at the front row, the others behind. At the forefront of the assault were the 4 field commanders: Dark Spiner, the Berserk Fury, and the Liger Zero and Zero X. All energy shields were deployed.

Meanwhile, all Backdraft Zoids had retreated behind the long row of Carriers. Then, their Death Stinger also moved forward, and prepped its cannon. Suddenly, cutting the attack off, came several charged-particle cannon assaults, emanating from 3 GenoSaurers, and a GenoBreaker, as well as the Berserk Fury and Dark Spiner. Four more GenoSaurers later joined the assault, three of which belonged to the Jungle Team. The fourth was very unusual, as it was colored royal blue.

"Let's see if you can take THAT, Prozen." Came a female voice from the blue GenoSaurer. Everyone immediately recognized the Zoid. "The Blue Devil…" murmured Prozen. He then smirked, and resumed his attack. Two whole rows of Shield Ligers, 600 in all, were destroyed. Then came the Mad Thunders, 200. However, before he could cause more damage, his massive Zoid's extremely unstable core shut down. The Death Stinger, however, had slipped underground, and was coming up when it was attacked, its tail chopped clean off by a massive, blue-and-red pincer.

As the battle resumed, a snow-white T-Rex type approached, and landed in front of the Dark Spiner. Kevin immediately recognized it as a Fury type, but a quick scan of its core told him what he needed to know. It was equipped with 2 red shields, with Buster claws facing backwards, and 2 sort of wings on its back. Also, it was not as sleek as the original Berserk Fury, which was headed their way now.

"So, Kevin. Like my new Zoid? I call it Storm Fuhrer.

To be brutally honest, I hate it, and so does Vega." Kevin replied. This infuriated the pilot of the Storm, who snapped: "Does he, now?

Yep!" replied Vega as he stabbed a Buster Claw through the knockoff's tail, obliterating the tail vents.

And, as more reinforcements arrived, the two Fury-type Zoids engaged in a duel.

"So, kid. Think you can take me on?" asked the Storm's pilot, whose name was Zephyr.

"I know I can!" with that, the foot clamps on the Fury slammed into the ground.

The massive Zoid roared, and straightened out, its body perfectly parallel to the ground. As the tail vents opened, a barrel telescoped from the back of the throat, and plasma particles began gathering at the tip.

Recognizing the attack, Zephyr let his own Zoid's foot clamps down, and deployed his energy shield. But suddenly, the Fury's Buster Claws spread out, and plasma particles gathered there, too.

"Sucker!" Vega smirked. The fool had played right into his hand. He fired all three streams of energy, not at once, but gradually, one by one. They all hit home.

The claws had been angled slightly, and all three shots hit the exact same spot. Vega's aim had been accurate to within 1/100th of a cm, and the SF was thrown backwards, its energy shield shattered, irreparably so.

"HA!" Kevin smiled. He'd been watching, waiting to step in if Vega lost the advantage, but even "The Hunter" as his enemies called him, did not expect such a brilliant move:

By taking out the CP-G's tail vents, he made it impossible for the enemy to use his, while Vega still had all 3. Then, as all 3 beams collided with the shield AND EACH OTHER, They created a shockwave, which sent the enemy flying backwards, generating a combat system freeze, leaving him on the defensive, with no shield. Amazing…

Suddenly, the Death Saurer was out again. It had been 20 minutes since the massive Zoid had exited the battlefield, its core shut down by the massive amount of energy used by those 3 or 4 consecutive attacks. Apparently, they had not been able to fully repair it. However, the head panels were gone, exposing the heavily armored machinery underneath. It was quite ugly.

Bit was locked in combat against a Liger type Zoid, an exact replica of the Zero X Imperium, piloted by his brother Isaac.

"You just don't know when to stay dead, do you, Isaac?

Same goes for you, lil' bro!

Shut up." And the Liger Zero Nightstrike retreated. The ZX, a version built by Backdraft based on the one they stole, which was alongside the Death Saurer, had no Black box. However, it was quite powerful, equipped with an artificial AI designed by the Empire.

Both were preparing for a Strike Laser Claw, when the screen in Bit's Zoid flashed an attack name:

"All right, partner. Let's try it out." And both Ligers charged.

"STRIKE LASER CLAW!" roared Isaac.

"HYPER STRIKE!" Bit yelled. The blades mounted on the side lowered and flipped outward, glowing blue with energy, and the Zero Nightstrike's boosters activated, propelling it at speeds exceeding 320 km/h. The enemy Zoid jumped over the Liger to avoid the attack, but Bit shifted his Liger slightly, and rotated the blades upward.

Isaac's Zoid was gutted like a trout.

The King Gojulas had been removed from the field, as there were too many Zoids guarding the Death Saurer. However, backed by Harry Champ's Deific Cat, and The Lightning and Fuma Team, the Gojulas Team was making progress, which was soon halted by a row of GenoBreakers. Those were soon taken out by a charged particle assault, however. Nobody knew where it had come from, and when the dust subsided, there was no Zoid at its origin. It had disappeared…