Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ The Legacy ❯ Beginning of the End ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

THE LEGACY
by Black Fury

DISCLAIMERS
1. I DO NOT OWN, OR HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH "ZOIDS". I WOULD LIKE TO OWN IT, BUT OH WELL!
2. I HAVE TO GIVE CREDIT TO "DARK SPINER" FOR INVENTING THE CHARACTER "Kevin Batterson", AND HIS ULTIMATE X "DARK SPINER". ALSO, FOR LETTING ME USE "Isaac Cloud" AND "Zephyr".
3. I HAVE TO GIVE CREDIT TO "MARIA DANAMA" FOR INVENTING HARRY CHAMP'S ULTIMATE X "DEIFIC CAT".
4. THIS FANFIC IS MEANT AS A PARALLEL STORY TO "Old Conflicts Renewed" found on ANIME ADMIRER'S ZOIDS PLUS NOW ENJOY!!!
5. If you want to contact me, my e-mail is ultimatefury@lycos.com.

CHAPTER 10: Beginning of the End

Megan's Ligers Team had been making slow but steady progress, when the Death Saurer reentered the battlefield. Suddenly, up in front of them, they saw the Gojulas, Fuma, Champ and Lightning Teams come under attack from a row of factory-originated Geno Breakers, which were essentially just GenoSaurers with thruster packs. Then, in a blaze of blue-white light, all that was left of the cheap Zoids was smoldering wreckage and a trail of superheated glass, a shining white scar in the burning sand. She looked from the direction of the blast, to see a short, massive "something disappear into the sand.

"What the hell…"

Meanwhile, Bit had also noticed the attack, and was slightly quicker to turn and check. And what he glimpsed of the mystery Zoid sent a cold shiver down his spine…

"Did you see that?

Yeah, what the hell was it?

I don't know, but at least it's on our side.

"BIT!!

Leena! What is it?

Vega, Mike and Kevin went to help the Blue Devil and the Gojulas Team, as well as the Jungle and Fuma Team's Genosaurers. The KG's coming back out.

Awesome! So-

-But that's the good news."

A nasty, ominous suspicion wormed his way into Bit's head "What's the bad news?

The rest of us are under attack.

I'm on my way! Van, Spike, Shiro! Come with me! Domon, Irvine, Wufei, get to Megan, and go help Vega!

RIGHT!" The Ligers Team were used to Bit, following his orders like they would Megan's.

"Jamie, Pierce! Think you can give'em some air support?

Bit, Wild Eagle here! I'm on my way! But Pierce is kinda tied down!

I'm coming. Who's attacking?

You wouldn't believe me if I told you…

Ok." Then Bit switched transponder channels. "Doc! The new systems ready to go yet?

Yes they are! Imperium and Thunder ready to go, with room for Nightstrike, which I think-

-Arm the Thunder, I'm switching armors! ETA 1 min. 22 sec.

-Oh Goody!" and he smiled, goggling at the Zoid through the security camera as it entered.

GO, THUNDER!" The massive, ruby-red Zoid launched. The scene that greeted him was nothing short of terrifying. The Elephander Command-type piloted by Stigma Stoller, and the standard model piloted by Sanders stood face to face, shields active. Dozens of Zoids were destroyed, and a badly damaged Blade Liger was trying to shield the pilots, helped by a golden, BG special Gun Tiger. The sight of the totaled Gun Sniper, Shadow Fox, Snipe Master, and Red Blade Liger sent Bit into a fury, and he activated his stealth shield. He circled behind the Elephander, thinking.

"So Stoller's a turn-coat. Or is it Sanders? No, missiles and a Vulcan-type weapon created the damage on those Zoids. Hey, the multisensor's picking something up!"

It was the Nightwolf, and a really unusual, white Helcat. The Helcat was advancing towards the Elephander, oblivious to the two, much more powerful Zoids tracking it. Then, Jenny contacted him.

"Nice armor."

Thanks. Hey, where d'you get the guns?" he asked about the Pulse Laser Rifles on the Nightwolf.

"Jungle Team. They've got a GenoSaurer that's irreparable, so I bought the Rifles off of it.

Cool. So, you attack the shield generators behind the ears, and I'll take down the Assault Gatling unit.

Do I attack both?

Nope! Just Stoller's. He then contacted Shiro, in the Blade Liger. The other two, Spike Spiegel and Van Flyheight, piloted a Slash and a Zero, and were coming.

All right, here I go! And Bit ran back, as Liger gave him an attack name:

THUNDER SLASH

He stopped, and gave Jenny the all-clear. The Helcat was foolishly trying a frontal attack, on Sanders' Zoid. He opened Fire with his 105 mm Beam cannons, annihilating it where it stood.

"Idiot!" Sanders smirked, as Jenny opened fire at Stoller from behind, and the shield flickered. Sanders attacked, and it disappeared completely.

THUNDER SLASH!!!

A blur of red and white light flew over the Elephander, cutting through the assault gatling unit at Mach .98. Pierce, who was circling, saw the enemy collapse, from the shockwave, and saw the dark-blood comet settle to an almost instant stop, as a massive Liger, with 2 ion boosters, and 5 Electron blades around the head. She swooped in for the kill, slicing open the fallen giant, exposing its guts, then took her Storm Sworder towards the Death Saurer.

I swear to you, Sarah! The DEATH STINGER attacked my Zoid!" Altiel was furious. He had been piloting the Backdraft's Death Stinger, and been taken out. The Zoid was fixed, however, and she told him so, then walked away, thinking.

"Where is Vega now?" she asked herself, again. Over 13 years, she'd been slightly concerned about her son, who'd so suddenly walked away, taking his Zoid with him, to enroll in the Imperial military. She shook her head, and chuckled at her superior's stubbornness. Although there was a doubt in her mind…could it have been…?He was certainly skilled enough. She walked in the hangar as Isaac Cloud threw another fit. his Liger had been destroyed, and every five minutes or so, he would start ranting at the helpless mechanical crews. He even sent one to the hospital with a broken hand and a sprained elbow, as well as multiple minor injuries, when the poor guy mentioned rebuilding another Zoid around its core and memory bank.

She then came by the Storm Fuhrer. This was her idea: a replica of the Fury, using the Beak 2 AI system in the Imperial field commander's Zoid. An exact replica of the Zero X's black box, they had stolen the blueprints from the Empire. She stopped, and gasped at the massive injuries to Zephyr's Zoid: The tail was completely shattered, and the Zoid was charred black, part of the armor melted away, the rest cracked, falling apart. The Wing-Claws were totaled as well.

"What…what did…this?" she asked the chief mechanical engineer.

"The Berserk Fury.

Impossible! It was destroyed 13 years ago!" she answered Zephyr. The pilot had just walked in. He chuckled.

"You don't get out much. The Jungle Team, led by Vega Obscura and the Berserk Fury, has been in Class S for over a year."

She remembered them. Several years ago, they ascended from E to A class in just over a year, and then disappeared. They had been at the last Royal Cup, 6 months ago, which they won rather easily, and brilliantly: splitting up into 4 groups, they had acquired the necessary 5 victories in less than an hour, and then met back at the Finish Line, the Gojulas Memorial, outside New Helic City, a memorial to the Gojulas, and to the Guardian Force. Ironically, the focal point of it was a Blade Liger, and not the Gojulas, although the Gojulas was maybe 3x larger.

The King Gojulas and Death Saurer were engaged in a duel. Thousands of casualties had occurred, and both sides were ready to surrender. Suddenly, the KG stabbed the Gojulas underneath the neck. The CPG was useless. Prozen exited.

"I…surrender!" he spat out, and shielded himself as the KG fired its chest guns, ripping the Death Saurer apart.

A general cheer went up, and Koga asked the Chairman "So, did we win the war?"

I don't know, young man. History determines the Winner." As his forces retreated, he added "But I do know this: Heroes really do exist. We've just seen one, and now he's coming…"*

He was interrupted by the Backdraft Death Stinger attacking the King Gojulas, with a devastating charged particle blast.

Rob Hermann, the pilot, was killed before he could see his sister's face…

Altiel yelled "This little Rebellion is over! Submit now, or perish!" He did not have to repeat it, and as Commission Forces retreated, the Republic president was taken away by Emperor Rudolf, as the entire Planet mourned her brother's death.**

THE END

*) I DO not OWN Ace Combat 4: shattered skies. I just thought it was a good quote, 'cuz I just beat the game, using an F-4.(Actually, I own the game, but not that quote. Sorry)

**) In this timeline, Rob Hermann is President Camford's step-brother, not her son, cuz they're both in their 20's-30's. (So's Rudolf)

Well, that's the end. Yes, it was in fact the Death Stinger that attacked the Backdraft Group's Death Stinger. No, there are no new Ultimate X Zoids in this chapter, the Storm Fuhrer is NOT an Ultimate X. Please don't flame me if you hated the ending, or I will track you down, and use my Magical Powers to turn you into a banana peel (Climbs on his Nimbus 2001 racing broomstick and flies away, towards the Berserk Fury, hops in, and leaves…)