Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ The Legacy ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

THE LEGACY
by Black Fury

DISCLAIMERS
1. I DO NOT OWN, OR HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH "ZOIDS". I WOULD LIKE TO OWN IT, BUT OH WELL!
2. I HAVE TO GIVE CREDIT TO "DARK SPINER" FOR INVENTING THE CHARACTER "Kevin Batterson", AND HIS ULTIMATE X "DARK SPINER". ALSO, FOR LETTING ME USE "Isaac Cloud" AND "Zephyr".
3. I HAVE TO GIVE CREDIT TO "MARIA DANAMA" FOR INVENTING HARRY CHAMP'S ULTIMATE X "DEIFIC CAT".
4. THIS FANFIC IS MEANT AS A PARALLEL STORY TO "Old Conflicts Renewed" found on ANIME ADMIRER'S ZOIDS PLUS NOW ENJOY!!!
5. If you want to contact me, my e-mail is ultimatefury@lycos.com.

EPILOGUE

BDE (BackDraft Era) 002. It has been two years since the first rebellion. Kevin was killed when he tried to attack the Backdraft's Death Stinger. A truce was worked out between the Guylos Empire, Helic Republic, and Backdraft Commission. Life goes on, although the Dead are still mourned, never forgotten.

President Camford set up a monument, which said: "TO THOSE WHO PERISHED IN COMBAT IN THE NAME OF FREEDOM: AC (After Colonization) 3029." And listed the names of those who had died. First on the list: Robert Herman, Kevin Batterson, Vega Obscura, Megan Zara…

But they were wrong…

A sea of glass remained from the KG's destruction. A tall, black-haired young man stood there, contemplating the desolation.

"So many died here." whispered Vega Obscura. Behind him stood his beautiful wife Megan. They had gotten married just two days ago, in hiding for two years. And so they would remain.

"Guys, I have an announcement to make!" Bit yelled into the living room. Brad was playing Jenny at Chess, Mike was submerged in his GBA, playing "ZOIDS Saga" Doc was in his room, "working on strategies" (playing with his new King Gojulas model)

HEY!!!

The room went quiet. Doc came out, soon followed by Leena, still wearing the same black dress she'd worn at the memorial service two years ago. She'd worn it every day since. She looked sad, and she'd been crying. She was pale, as she never left her room anymore, refusing to battle.

"Finally. I've decided to leave the team, for now.

WHAT?" screamed Doc.

I'm gonna travel around for a while. I've loaded the armors in a Gustav I bought in Romeo City.

Jamie returned from his flight with the Raynos, followed by his wife Pierce. They'd been married for over a year now, and both had the same Zoids: a Zabat, a Raynos, and a Storm Sworder.

"Who's Zoids are these, outside?

Which?" Leon asked.

"The Gustav and the Sinker." Answered Pierce.

"Mine. I'm leaving. The Liger's already loaded, and I'm finishing preparations on the Sinker.

You're leaving?

Yes. My decision is final." Leena looked even sadder, and ran back to her room. Bit said his goodbyes, and walked into her room. The shades were drawn, and the lights were off, except for one. Leena was crying.

"Hey.

Go away!

It's me." She got up. "Why are you leaving?"

He wiped a tear off her cheek, and gently said "Because I feel I have to.

What about us?

Leon said he'd take over for me, and Kirkland will join the team.

What about…will you come back?

He sat down. "I promise.

When?

I don't know. But I'm still registered with the Team." A ghost of a smile crossed her face, then faded away. He smiled.

"I'll be back."

Suddenly, without knowing why, she leaned forward, and kissed him. When they broke apart, he said:

"I promise." She smiled.. Then, she turned on all the lights, changed clothes, and ran out, taking her Gunsniper. From far away, she saw a jet-black Gustav, with two compartments: a smaller, open one, with a black Sinker, and a closed one, much larger.

"Goodbye, Bit."

And she walked away.

BDE 013

The house was aflame as Aslan Obscura returned home. He gasped as he recognized his father in the cockpit of a Blade Liger, his head split open. Farther away, his mother's Redler, a flaming heap. He heard a noise, and turned around to see a Rev Raptor, bearing the Backdraft crest. Many more on the ground were destroyed.

The cockpit opened, and the pilot stood up, glaring coldly at him.

"Hey kid.

What's your name, mister?" The boy was 4 years old, and had been at a friend's house,

"Zephyr. And I work for the Commission." He was, of course, referring to the Backdraft Zoids Regulation Commission.

"Did you do that?" The boy asked.

"Yep." The cockpit closed. "Your parents were nuisances!" he picked up the screaming, crying boy in his Zoid's claws, and threw him across the flames.

As he hit, only one image stood out in his mind: a tattoo, on a painting. His ancestor, a great warrior. And one word.

Raven.

A drop of blood trickled from a peculiar, curved wound on his cheek, as the Rev Raptor turned away.

"And so dies the last of the Obscuras."

But in the flames, a silhouette stood up. The boy wiped the blood from his face, and looked at the retreating Zoid, his deep, dark purple eyes filled with hatred…