Fan Fiction ❯ Deltarth -- Story 1: Natasinopax ❯ Chapter 1-1-1: Distressed Damsel ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1-1-1: Distressed Damsel

Jon DeCaslu, a young karate practitioner of Zodiac City, was training in the woods, five miles from the city on bright Saturday morning. The vast solitude was perfect for Jon's training.

The trees were his opponents, and the forest was an arena, or at least that is what Jon imagined. He started training at the morning at seven, and the time now was about one in the afternoon. Because of this, Jon decided to take a quick rest. He rested his back against a tall oak tree, and put his gloved hands behind his head. He rubbed his black hair, and the closed his brown eyes.

He then said to himself aloud, "I hope I don't rest for too long. I don't want to lose what I have going."

Before the resting fighter could even get one minute of peace, he heard the running footsteps and screams of a young woman. He got up, and saw this woman running towards him. She then tripped, but Jon quickly caught her in his strong arms.

"Please help me! They're after me! Don't let them…" the blonde-haired woman cried out.

"Who's after you? I don't see anybody around here." Jon asked, and gave her a puzzled look.

"They're in the trees. You can't…"

Without warning, three hooded men in black robe-like garments jumped from out the trees.

"Give us the girl, and we won't kill you." The one man said. His voice was eerie and deep, and by the weasel-like look in his dark eyes, Jon knew he and his men were up to no good.

Without hesitation, Jon let out a swift roundhouse kick to the head of the hooded man behind him. He fell to the ground, and was out cold. Before anyone else could react, the young warrior grabbed the frightened woman's hand, and he ran. The other two men were hot on their trail.

"Giving her to us now would make your death less painful!" The same hooded man hollered from afar as Jon and the woman ran.

Jon stopped and calmly explained to the woman, "Now listen to me, about 20 feet from here, there is a waterfall. If you go behind it, there should be a small cave. Go into it, and wait for me. Hopefully I'll come back."

With tears in her eyes, she nodded, and ran to her destination.

Jon then turned around to face his pursuers.

"Where did the girl go?"

"What's it to you."

"Don't mess with us. If you tell us now, we'll leave you alone." Jon gave no response, and just stood, ready to fight. "Very well, you give us no choice."

Suddenly the two men had razor sharp claw-like gloves come out from the bottom of their giant sleeves. The first came towards Jon's left arm, and his partner followed from the opposite direction. Jon had no problem dodging the attacks, but when he looked behind himself, the two men were gone. There was a vast silence in the woods. It was like everything died in the forest at the moment, but without warning a demon-like scream came from one of the trees. Jon looked up, and saw one of the men diving towards him. Before the poor fighter could react, the hooded man had his claw-like glove deeply gash into Jon's right arm. Jon let out a tragic cry of pain as the blood exploded from his arm. Then Jon knew he was in real trouble when he felt the flesh of his left arm being torn apart by the other man's claws. Jon quickly rolled away from his opponents, but when he looked up, the two men had disappeared again.

Jon looked down at his bleeding arms, and his torn blue sleeves. Jon then thought to himself in silence for a few seconds. "I'm going to be killed if I don't do something quick. Maybe I can defeat them, if I act more like them."

Jon then jumped into the branches of the oak tree behind him. He looked to his left, and saw the one hooded man look at him through his hood. His crimson eyes flashed at Jon, and he jumped towards Jon. Before the bloody claw could slice Jon again, the warrior elbowed his evil opponent right in the eyes. The man fell out of the tree right onto his head. He was out cold.

The black-haired warrior let out a slight sigh of relief, but without warning, the other man came from behind, stabbing Jon right in the back with his bleeding claws. Another scream of tragic anguish came from Jon's bleeding lips. Jon's bare feet lost traction on the tree, and he fell out onto his bloody back.

The hooded man then jumped down from the tree onto Jon's chest his black boots, and awaited several feet away from Jon as he slowly got up despite the powerful blows. Jon wiped the blood from his lips, and stared at the man. He still looked raring to go.

"You are a strong one. If you tell me where she is, I won't kill you. Even better, I'll let you join us."

"I'm not telling." Said Jon, still persistent in being the good guy.

"That's a shame. I'll find her anyway, after disposing of you."

The man then came with another claw attack towards Jon, but this time Jon caught his arm. Jon smiled, thinking his opponent was defenseless for a powerful attack, but the man unexpectedly kneed Jon in the armpit, and as Jon fell to his knees, he performed some sort of a back flip, kicking Jon in chin. The weakened warrior flew against an ancient tree, leaving a trail of blood as he slowly and painfully slid down.

Jon got up once again to fight, but just the simple act of standing now became difficult.

The man said to his weak foe in an odd tone as he slowly staggered up, "It's too bad really, to waste such a good warrior. Oh well." He then charged for his final attack, but before he began, the man noticed an odd black tattoo on his right arm. Similar to… Before colleting his thoughts on it though, he returned to his original objective.

Jon fell back down on his one knee, and noticed the man rushing towards him.

"I guess it's either this or die." Jon thought to himself. He charged up his energy, and the warrior released a giant beam of blue energy.

"OMEGA RETZU CHI BLAST!!!" Jon screamed as the energy was released. The man eyes widened as the attack approached him. Before being hit though, the man was able to slice a deep wound into Jon's chest. The blood entered the beam giving it on odd red color. Jon looked at the two men and they were both out cold. He got up, and tried to walk to the cave where the girl was hiding.

He then said to himself, "At least I got my workout." as he walked back to the cave.

Angela sat behind a large rock inside the waterfall's hidden entrance. Tears ran down her elegant face as her blonde hair covered her eyes. She had no problem finding it, but was afraid of being found. Suddenly she heard very slow footsteps enter the cave. She looked from behind the rock to see the misfortunate warrior slowly limp inside.

His arms, chest, and back were all bleeding. After only making a few steps in, he fell down onto one of his knees, and he grasped the cave wall. She helped him to his feet, but she was very weak so this simple task was quite difficult.

"Oh my god! You're hurt!!!" Angela said in a worried tone of voice.

"Don't be so melodramatic. It's just a couple of scratches."

"Extremely deep ones at that."

"Just get me some…" The man fell back down grasping the rocky cave wall, and then he collapsed onto his chest. He closed his eyes, and Angela knew she must help him.

As Jon stared up at the blonde-haired woman, trying to comfort him, he felt weak, and his vision was blurry, and suddenly Jon collapse into a puddle of his own blood. The once fearless warrior was now filled with fear; the fear of what was going to happen next.

Though Angela hated doing it, the man had saved her life, so she must help him somehow. Also if she didn't he'd surely bleed to death. She dragged the man behind the large rock, and laid him on his bloody back. Angela placed her hands upon his chest, and began to firmly press them there. Suddenly a beautiful white aurora surrounded the two, and magically as Angela held them there, his wounds were healing, and even the cuts in his clothing were fixed.

The aurora disappeared as quickly as it started. When it finished Angela became very weak. Angela then gave a look at her sleeping hero, but then fainted onto his chest. Hopefully the two would be safe in the cold cave as the rested…