Fan Fiction ❯ For One To Trust ❯ Chapter Five: Water Can Make You Say Strange Things ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
For One To Trust
By Kimberly Lucker
All characters and parts of this story are original so don't take them!

Chapter 5: Water Can Make You Say Strange Things

Crystal slowly unlaced her brown boots and slipped them off. She tested the temperature of the water by placing her petite foot into it. The water was cool just what she wanted. The large spring would suffice as her bath for the afternoon.

Crystal turned to the emperor and Kojo, "Um, do you mind?"

"No, go ahead," Aolan said calmly as both he and Kojo turned their backs to her.

"Can't you, er, um, go?" Crystal asked.

"We are still in very dangerous territory. We need to be here to protect you." Kojo said roughly.

"Fine! But if one of you so much as peeks at me, I'll have both your heads!" Crystal scolded them as they looked at her quizzically.

"Don't worry your pretty little head. We will just sit here and stare at the beautiful serene forest," Kojo plopped on the ground. Aolan laid down resting his front paws under his chin.

Crystal removed the deer hide outfit watching the two warriors cautiously. She slowly entered the cool water. Crystal wasn't comfortable even if they were looking the other way. Crystal tried to forget them and just swim, which worked for a little while. But her mind quickly drifted back to Aolan. He just laid there curled up like a little puppy. His tail even wagged.

She began to wander further out into the spring. Her green eyes sparkled in the midday sun. She looked at the two men whispering what she could not hear.

"Why do you let her get to you, sire?" Kojo asked.

Aolan raised his head from the ground and looked to Kojo, Aolan's blue eyes calm, "She has that power."

"You love her that much? Then why don't you just tell her?" Kojo asked.

"I did. She finds me that repulsive. If I were only my old self-" Aolan began to think back, his mind wandering.

"You must coax her, sire." Kojo grinned.

"I'll need your help. She is difficult."

Crystal felt a slick slimy thing wrap around her leg which then proceeded to drag her under the water.

Before she was taken under the water, she shouted, "Something has my leg!"

Kojo and Aolan quickly stood drawing their swords. A green serpent with slimy scales and a dragon-like head slithered up from the water. It was well over 20 feet long and it's serpent body was thin. It held on tightly to Crystal's leg keeping her under. Both men dived into the water and started to swing their sword at the creature. The shining gold of Kojo's sword caused the serpent to lunge at it. Kojo's sword was knocked from his hands.

Aolan began to fight the creature off alone. He swung his sword violently at the serpent. He made contact with the face of the serpent. Green blood gushed from the black serpent's face. The serpent dived under the water and started to retreat. Aolan watched the shadows under the water and chopped it's tail completely off, freeing Crystal.

Crystal broke the surface of the water and gasped for air. If he wasn't a monster, Crystal would of sworn she saw Aolan blush. Aolan turned quickly, his tail slapping the water away.

He raised his sword, "Shall you take our heads, now?"

"Oh, be quiet!" Crystal's face turned a brilliant shade of red as she scooped at the water trying desperately to cover her nakedness without much success.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?" Aolan asked concerned. He wouldn't dare turn as he sheathed his sword staring off into the forest.
"I'm alright. Thank you, sire."

Kojo and Aolan both exited the water. Kojo's clothes clung to his muscular chest. Aolan shook the water from his fur as he stood on all fours, just like a wet dog. They kept their backs to her as she dressed quickly.

When she finished she told Kojo, "I need to speak to the emperor alone."
"As you wish," Kojo walked off picking up his sword.

"What is it you need to talk to me about, princess?"

"Look at me, please." Crystal said softly.

Aolan stood on his hind legs and looked down at her, "Yes?"

"Do you truly love me?" Crystal whispered.

"With all my heart," Aolan answered.

"Not because of the legend, right?"

"Right, I won't lie to you. I would never lie to you. I love you." Aolan said gently, sweetly.

"Why do you love me?"

"You are beautiful, smart, artistic, angelic... what else do you need? Look, I know I look hideous but I'm not a monster. I'm human just like you."

"But you aren't like me! You're perfect except for, um-"

"Being a monster?" Aolan finished her sentence.

"Looking like one. I've made so many mistakes, how do I know-" Crystal began to think of her past experiences with men.

"I won't ever hurt you!" Aolan said firmly.

"But-"

"Never! I swear it. For once, believe in me." Aolan looked at her desperately with his blue eyes sparkling.

Crystal paced back and forth trying to figure out whether or not she can conjure the heart deep within to believe in someone again. Everyone she had ever cared for had died. Her heart was like ice, so cold. The beast before her had declared his undying love, could she just shrug it off?

"I just can't."

A whimper came from Aolan, "Why not?"

She turned her back to the emperor appalled by his child-like behavior, "You wouldn't understand."

"I wish you'd let me try." Aolan continued to whine.

"Just stop it!" Crystal stomped her foot. She then noticed the huge bruise on her leg.

"Lets go." Aolan got on all fours.

"My leg hurts."

"Get on."

"What? No!" Crystal stumbled back.

"Please, Crystal."

"Fine," Crystal sat side-saddle on Aolan's back.

"Are you comfortable?" Aolan glanced over his shoulder.

"Just go, Aolan."

"Hm..." Aolan said in thought.

"What?" Crystal questioned his hm.

"That's the first time you said my name," Aolan grinned his white teeth sparkling. Aolan began to trot towards where Kojo went, picking up Crystal's sword and pack.

"Is everything alright?" Kojo was wringing out his red shirt. His muscular chest was perfectly sculpted.

"The serpent injured her leg. Can you heal it?"

Kojo placed his hand on the bruise and healed it, "You are so accident prone."

"I always seem to attract the worst," Crystal hopped off Aolan.

"Crystal, if we move now we can reach Silvara Sea by sundown," Aolan said calmly.

They traveled for a few hours before they reached the silver body of water. The sun was just setting over the horizon. The oranges and the reds blended beautifully as it reflected of the gently rolling silver water. It was the most exquisite scene Crystal had ever seen. She remembered it from the third painting but seeing it in person was much different.

"I've never seen anything so breathtaking," Crystal stood in awe of the beautiful scenic view.

"I feel the same way every time I see you," Aolan complemented.

Crystal's face turned bright red, "What do we do now?"

"The ship is further down shore," Kojo pointed south and they begun walking down the sandy beach.

Crystal saw the ship. It was a white cruise ship. It looked like some spaceship out of Star Trek. Crystal had no idea they had this type of technology.

"Do you like it?" Aolan whispered.

"You have this technology?"

"Of course," Kojo chuckled.

Aolan stood smirking, "How is it on Terra?"

"Technology is used as weapons. It stands for power."

"So you must be surprised that we use swords instead of guns and other highly advanced weapons."

"Yeah," Crystal mumbled.

"Corton destroyed all the guns, that is one reason we were placed in a state of chaos." Aolan explained.

"But where do I fit in?" Crystal asked.

"Aren't you going back to Terra?"

"Well, yes, but-"

"We need to get moving," Kojo interrupted.

They walked up the platinum ramp and boarded the ship. The crew members bowed to their emperor. Aolan walked on board on all fours.

"What did you say to him?" Kojo asked Crystal after Emperor Aolan walked ahead.

"Nothing."

"I see," Kojo helped Crystal onto the lower decks, "You aren't afraid of ships are you?"

"Very funny. No, I don't fear ships or water."

"Good, the crew will get you settled in your cabin."