Fan Fiction ❯ For One To Trust ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
For One To Trust
By Kimberly Lucker
All characters and parts of this story are original so don't take them!

Epilogue

It has been almost a year since Crystal was pulled into the Shinro Empire. She has found out about her grandmother from Corton. Crystal has learned to trust and her heart was restored. She is happy. Now she is in love and that's all that matters to her. She is happy. Today is her wedding day.

Crystal is being attended to as the servants begin to put her into her wedding gown. The dress is long, it trails behind her. It is white with lack lining it. She thinks back to all that has happened to her as the servants curled her hair. She sits remembering the day she came to the empire like it was yesterday. Kojo has explained how Corton saved his life many years ago, so now he is the eternal servant to Corton as his life debt. Her hair is curled and set upon her head, not one of her long strands lies below her shoulder.

The servants place a lace veil over her face. They place a tiara upon the white veil.

"M'lady, is there anything you need?" A servant asks.

Crystal's voice cracks, "Courage."

"You must be very nervous but everything will be perfect," The young handmaiden leads Crystal to a mirror.

"I wasn't even this nervous during the peace conference with Prince Edion." Crystal gazes at her beautiful reflection.

"This is different. You are getting married to the emperor! You are going to be an empress."

"Thanks. That makes me feel better." Crystal remarks sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, m'lady."

"No problem. Listen, I can't do this."

"No, m'lady. You love him. It would kill him! Just think of the embarrassment."

Crystal pictures him waiting patiently, just as she did on the ship, "You are right. I do love him. I will just have to manage. Why did he have to invite the entire kingdom?"

"Because he loves you. He wants to show the people how happy he is with you, the princess from another world."

"He is lucky, I love him so much." Crystal smiles fixing the veil to her liking.

"Here, m'lady." The handmaiden hands her a bouquet of lilacs and lavender roses.

"Is it showtime?" Crystal asks her voice still cracking.

"Soon, m'lady. Soon."

"Oh please, do not let me fall on my face. Please do not let me disappoint him. Please, oh please, let this be a good thing."

"It's a good thing," Corton appears, "You shouldn't worry."

"Corton, what are doing here?"

"You are my granddaughter."

"You want to watch me make a fool out of myself. Look at me! Am I worthy?"

"Crystal, you are the most beautiful woman. He loves you and you love him. You've made some mistakes but this is not one of them!"

"M'lady, it's time," the handmaiden takes her hand and leads her to the door, "Remember to smile."

"Oh dear God, can I do this?"

"Sure you can." Corton comforts her, "But you meant your God, didn't you?"

Crystal smiles.

"That worked. Now, just keep that smile."

The door opens and Crystal looks in awe of the massive amount of people. There were lavender flowers all over the hall. She tries to focus on her steps. She has practiced every step, now she must actually accomplish it. Two hand maidens in pink dresses carry her train. Crystal clutches the bouquet as she makes her way down the aisle. Her dream, this is her dream. Crystal walks and takes her place beside Aolan, her love. He takes her hand and looks at her smiling angelically. Crystal feels as if she is going to faint.

Aolan's silver hair flows wildly under his crown. She looks into his blue eyes and remembers the times he managed to get through. His love is so strong. Crystal is comforted by her memories as the minister performs the ceremony.

It is soon time for their vows. It is accustomed for them to make their own. Crystal has been dreading this. Aolan is to make his first much to Crystal's relief.

"Crystal, my beautiful princess, from the moment you walked into my throne room, I was in love. You are the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. I will serve you as my one and only. I love you and will always love you for eternity."

Crystal is just about in tears by the time Aolan finishes his speech.

"Princess Crystal?" The minister says.

"Aolan, it was hard at first but after this year of happiness I see that you and I are meant to be. I would have never of thought that I would be married to such a caring and majestic man, especially not an emperor. You were the first person I learned to trust and to love. Now I want to spend my years with you, loving you and caring for you, in bad times and in good times." Crystal breathes a sigh of relief, "I love you."

"You may now kiss the new empress of the Shinro empire, Empress Crystal." The minister smiles.

Aolan lifts back Crystal's veil and wipes the tears of joy from her face. He leans in and kisses her delicately on her awaiting lips. This is the moment she dreamed about. This is the moment of true happiness.

You could say they lived happily ever after but that wouldn't be true. They had some good times and some bad times. But one thing stayed the same, Crystal's love and trust for her beloved emperor.