Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Unexpected Pregnancy ❯ Sirius and Remus ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Ron?" Harry was lying on his bed, a cold compress on his head as he had suddenly been taken ill by a rather bad migraine. He had been getting them a lot at the moment and it was really beginning to bother him. The scratching of a quill on parchment stopped.

"Yeah?" Harry tuned his head towards the sound of Ron moving across the room, but he didn't open his eyes, as he knew that it would hurt too much.

"Where is everyone? I've been here a whole day and so far I've only seen you and your Mum." This had been puzzling Harry for a while, but it had never come up in conversation and he hadn't really thought of asking until now.

"Well, Ginny is staying at a friends house until the new term starts, Fred and George moved out and bought the joke shop they wanted; they live above that now. Percy is lord knows where, working for the Ministry on something or other that's top secret, or so he says. Dad's off on a business trip and will be back next Tuesday. Bill is still in Egypt and Charlie's taking a holiday in Wales to study the dragons there up close and personal." Ron shuddered. "Rather him than me's all I can say."

"It feels strange and...quiet, being here with just two people in the house." Harry smiled and they both jumped as they heard a small explosion outside and riotous laughter, followed by Mrs Weasley screaming something about her flowerbeds.

"Looks like Fred and George have come for a visit, your wish has been granted Harry." If Harry had had his eyes open, he would have seen the smirk on Ron's face at the thought of what the twins had done to his mother's flowerbeds and how she was going to react to it. He could already hear her screaming at them and decided to go down to say hello. It seemed that Harry had the same idea as he had peeled off the compress and was blinking owlishly. Ron passed him his glasses and helped him up from the bed.

The twins were ecstatic to see Harry, so much so that he had to hide behind Ron so as to not get completely crushed by them. Their mum had already given them a lecture about how Harry was 'delicate' and how they were not to 'overdo it'. They ignored her completely and Harry was in fear of his health as they met him so affectionately, like a pair of over-exited puppies who wont take 'no' for an answer.

They calmed down eventually, though, and the next two hours were spent in the garden, chatting happily in the shade of a large tree. It seemed like no time at all had passed when Mrs Weasley called them into the house, telling Harry that his godfather had arrived. Harry was, of course, overjoyed at the thought of seeing Sirius, but at the same time he was afraid of his reaction to the news, and he DEFINITELY didn't want the twins knowing just yet. Knowing them, they'd tease him like crazy until he couldn't take it any more (which wouldn't take very long in the emotional state he was in).

"Harry!" The moment Harry entered the living room, Sirius enveloped him in a hug that nearly crushed him. Harry immediately burst into tears and spent the next half-hour sobbing uncontrollably into Sirius' robes, while his godfather whispered soothing words to the distressed boy. When Harry finally stopped crying, Sirius' robes were very soggy and Harry realised that they weren't the only ones in the room; Remus Lupin was sitting on a chair across the room looking very uncomfortable.

"S-sorry." Harry hiccupped, pulling himself close to Sirius again. He almost expected Ron to burst into the room and lecture him on how it wasn't his fault and how he shouldn't apologise. He didn't, of course, but the thought at least brought a small smile to Harry's face.

"What's wrong Harry? I got Ron's message; it sounded urgent so we came right away. What's happened? Is it Malfoy? What's he done? I'll kill him if he's hurt you!" Harry hiccupped again and let out a small laugh. Sirius was so protective, it was sweet. He saw almost Harry as being his own son, being the only family either had left. His face was buried in Sirius' robes again, so Sirius couldn't see the fresh tears running down Harry's face.

A hand on his shoulder made Harry turn to see Remus standing over them, a sad smile on his face. He sat down next to the distressed teen and took off his glasses, which were now very steamed up, and proceeded to clean them before placing them back on Harry's face. Sirius, in the mean time, wiped the tears from Harry's face with a corner of his robes, not caring if they got any wetter than they already were, which they did.

"Whatever it is, you can tell us. We'll get through it." Remus spoke gently, not wanting to upset Harry more than he already was. The boy was unusually emotional and Sirius had no idea why. He'd never seen Harry cry before, ever. Remus, however, knew better. Being a werewolf, and it being very near to the full moon, he could sense the extra life form growing inside Harry but didn't mention it. He knew that if Harry wanted to tell them then it was his decision.

"It's kind of hard. Draco and me...we had a fight and he...threw me out." The last line was said almost in a whisper, but both heard it. Sirius looked murderous, tightening his grip around Harry's waist. Remus put an arm around Harry's shoulder, feeling that the boy needed the extra comfort.

"Harry, what was the fight about?" Remus didn't want to push the boy, but he had to ask. If he didn't, Harry might not say anything. A small sob escaped the boys' throat and fresh tears slid down his face. His hand unconsciously made its way to his stomach, as it had done only a few days before. "You don't have to tell us if you don't want to." Remus gave Harry's shoulder a gentle squeeze and the boy leaned instinctively into him, closing his eyes tight to stop the tears.

"I want to, b-but it's hard." His voice still choked with tears, Harry stuttered a little. "I-I guess I'm afraid of being rejected again." Harry looked at both Remus and Sirius for support.

"Harry, no matter what happens we will never reject you, understand?" There was a note in Sirius' voice Harry hadn't heard before, and he knew that the man was completely sincere in what he said.

"O-ok. I'm pregnant." A deathly silence filled the room.