Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Unexpected Pregnancy ❯ Sleep and Laughter ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"I'll kill him. I'll fucking kill him." Harry shrunk away from his godfather, who was practically shaking with rage. Remus was trying frantically to calm him down before he pushed the over emotional Harry to tears again. "How the fucking hell could he do something like that, chucking Harry out in this condition?"

"Sirius, calm down. Getting yourself all worked up is only going to upset Harry more. He's not used to feeling so emotional and clearly doesn't know how to handle it." Turning to Harry, Remus' tone of voice changed. "Harry, how far along is it?"

"Ab-about six months." Harry had curled up into a tight ball, his legs covering his face as he tried to hide himself from the outside world. Remus was right; he really couldn't cope with the added hormones that went along with pregnancy.

"Bastard! Don't try to stop me Remus, I'm going to kill that mangy son of a bitch!" Sirius meant what he said, Remus could tell. He had that same mad glint in his eyes he had when they first got hold of Pettigrew. The only reason that rat was still alive was because of Harry's kindness, Harry telling Sirius to stop. Telling him not to take a life. Maybe that is what it would take to stop him from killing Malfoy. Remus certainly wasn't going to get in the way, he wasn't suicidal. Besides, he felt the same way.

"No." A small voice from the sofa, Harry begging Sirius not to leave, not to kill his one true love. But it wasn't heard; Sirius was already gone in a burst of green flame. Remus took one last look at Harry and followed Sirius.

"Why..? Why..?" Remus could hear Sirius in the next room as he emerged into the giant splendour of Malfoy Manor. Harry's home. A cruel laugh sounded as a response to Sirius' part finished questions, followed by a voice filled with malice, a voice none of them had thought they would hear again; this was the old Draco Malfoy, the cruel, heartless, Harry- hating Draco Malfoy.

"Why? Because I can. Because I wanted to. Because I don't want some brat keeping me awake at all hours of the morning. It's not my problem Potter got himself pregnant, now, is it? He should have been more careful." Remus entered the room and wasn't surprised at what he saw; Sirius had Malfoy pressed up against the wall by his neck. The pale boy was slowly going purple through lack of air, Sirius had clearly had enough and didn't want to hear any more. The small boys' eyes rolled back in his head and his body stopped thrashing. The trademark smirk was gone from his impassive face.

"Sirius, don't kill him. Harry would never forgive you if you did. It would destroy him." Remus placed a hand on Sirius' shoulder and the larger man let the limp body fall from his grasp to slump on the floor. "Let's go back, Harry will be worried." Sirius just nodded, he was still too angry to speak. They turned and left the Manor the way they had arrived.

Harry was asleep when they returned, curled up into a tight ball on the sofa. The two were careful not to wake him as they arranged themselves on either side of the mentally-exhausted boy. He subconsciously shifted to fit the two bodies now sandwiching him between them and the couple smiled at the almost peaceful look on his face as he slept.

It was a while before Harry woke up again. A loud noise and movement to his left jerked him out of a particularly nice dream he was having. Opening one eye sleepily, he saw Sirius sitting on the floor blinking owlishly. Remus was chuckling softly to his left, arm still around Harry's shoulders. It felt...comforting to be near people who cared for him. Ron was nice, so was Mrs Weasley, but they didn't understand him. He found himself laughing for the first time in ages at Sirius, who was busy pouting, and was soon doubled over with tears streaming down his face. It felt so good to laugh.