Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Unexpected Pregnancy ❯ Childbirth's a Bitch ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Remus and Sirius stayed with the Weasleys for the next two and a half months. They wanted to remain close to Harry while he was in such a vulnerable condition.

It was a surprisingly warm day in early spring. Harry was sitting on a bench in the garden, bulge clearly visible now under his jumper despite the fact that he had put on weight from Mrs Weasleys cooking. He was thinking of Draco, still unsure as to why he had been thrown out for no real reason. A sigh left his lips followed by a small yelp as a sharp pain overrode his senses and his hand moved to his stomach, feeling the baby kick hard. Another sharp pain made him double over, followed by a desire to suddenly push.

'Oh crap' thought Harry, as he realised what was happening; he was giving birth. He wouldn't have minded, except for the fact he had no means to actually give birth to a child and mild panic began to take over as he made his way back up to the house. Fortunately for him, Molly Weasley was cooking in the kitchen when he stumbled in, clutching his stomach, breathing hard. She knew immediately what was happening and shouted for Remus and Sirius to get themselves downstairs.

In less than three minutes the four were ready to leave, Harry being supported from both sides by Sirius and Remus. They had decided that Hogwarts would be the best place for the baby to be born and Madame Pomfrey had assured them that Harry would be able to have a natural birth, not that anyone understood how.

Grabbing a handful of Floo powder and Harry's hand, Sirius and Harry went through first. They emerged in a large but very cluttered room, full of fascinating objects; Dumbledor's office. The old, man with the white beard sat behind his desk but was quick to his feet when he saw the look of pain on Harry's face. Mrs Weasley appeared behind the two from the fireplace, closely followed by Remus. Ron was working, but they had thought to leave a note for him.

"Follow me." Dumbledor's tone left no room for argument, not that anyone really wanted to argue, so they followed. Down the stairs and past the stone gargoyle that guarded the office, down multiple corridors Harry recognised from his time there. They eventually arrived at their destination and pushed open the heavy door that lead to the infirmary.

The pain was terrible. It was also distracting as he found himself unable to take notice of his surroundings, not noticing the puzzled faces and accusing eyes of students milling around between classes. He barely realised when he was led into the infirmary and laid down on a bed. Madame Pomfrey got to work immediately, ushering all out of the room besides Sirius. She gave him the job of changing Harry out of the oversized jeans and tee-shirt he wore and into a hospital gown as she went off to find something to help numb the pain.

Outside the heavy oak door, the trio of concerned adults waited. Remus sat, picking at his sweater, Molly paced back and forth and Albus was deep in thought. They remained in silence for a while, until Remus decided that he could wait no longer. He stood, placing one ear to the door and trying to hear what was happening. Unfortunately for him, magic prevented eavesdroppers from listening in and he had to settle back down on the floor.

"Molly?" Remus caught the attention of Mrs Weasley, who immediately stopped pacing. "How do they, you know, how can Harry..." the werewolf blushed, not sure how to phrase the question.

"Well, it's quite simple. Magic is used to temporarily transform Harry into a woman, and when the baby is born he is changed back again. That's how he got pregnant in the first place. Strong emotions, in this case love, can trigger off magical transformations." She seemed a lot calmer for talking and managed to settle enough to stop pacing.

It took just over three hours, but finally the door opened and Madame Pomfrey stepped out, looking worried. The baby was premature, she explained to them, and not very strong. There was a chance of it dying. They were allowed to enter the room briefly to see Harry.

The exhausted teen was asleep and they all made sure to be very quiet as they looked at the tiny bundle wrapped possessively in the boys arms. He looked so peaceful and happy, they just hoped that everything would turn out all right in the end.

Five minutes later, Madame Pomfrey threw them out and told them not to come back for at least 24 hours, as Harry needed his rest. Naturally, they did as they were told. Including Sirius.