Fan Fiction ❯ Illusia ❯ Illusia - Her Story 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 16

“Terran?”

I turned to the darkest corner of the cave, expecting to see the familiar form of a giant phoenix. Instead, I saw a young man dressed all in black leaning against the wall of the cave, watching me with concern. Happy laughter echoed through the cave as I threw off my wolf-pelt blanket and struggled to my feet.

“Terran, you’ve done it! You’re human again!”

As quickly as I could, considering the circumstances, I practically flew across the cave and threw myself into his arms, pressing my face into his chest and almost crying in sheer bliss. He smelled pleasantly of wood smoke. I smiled and took a deep breath. He hugged me back, but very awkwardly. He coughed slightly and attempted to disentangle my arms from around him.

“Princess,” he said in a deep voice. “I believe you are mistaken. I am not Terran.”

My heart froze. I could swear that it ceased to beat for an entire minute.

“What?”

The happiness of the moments before had disappeared as terror slowly dawned on me. Who was this man? Where was Terran? I released my hold on him and backed away slowly, unwilling (or maybe unable?) to look him in the face. When I could finally manage coherent speech again, my voice gave away more fear than I intended it to.

“Well, if you are not Terran, then who are you?”

He didn’t answer.

Slowly, he stepped into the eerie light of the dying fire. If possible, my eyes went wider than they already were, this time in pure horror. The first thing I saw that registered in my mind was a black trench coat, open in front. He was at least as tall as Aleut, quite possibly taller, and built along the same lines as Pyros – slim but muscular, a deadly fighter when necessary. A katana hung at his waist. All of his clothing was black, except for a blood-red scarf around his neck. A shaggy, white-blonde ponytail hung down his back, stopping just below his shoulder blades.


Finally, I forced myself to meet his eyes. They were a darker brown than Terran’s, almost like deep black voids. They held nowhere near the amount of gentle warmth that Terran’s gaze held. He definitely looked quite formidable, but it was his eyes that frightened me the most. They were too deep, the kind of eyes you could get lost in. They were so cold.