Fan Fiction ❯ Illusia ❯ Terran - A Love Found 5 ( Chapter 35 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 5

“Terran,” she whispered. “Thank you… I’m not saying that I’m not scared anymore, but now the fear isn’t so strong because I know I’m not alone…”

“Now tell me something else: you said you felt hurt… Tell me why you’re hurting…”

“Sawyer,” she said softly.

“Who?”

“Sawyer…” she repeated. “He saved my life before I even knew his name. More than once, he kept me from freezing to death. He called me ‘little sister’.”

“I’m afraid I don’t understand… He sounds like a great friend. Why are you hurting because of him?”

Her hand came up to her throat seemingly by reflex. I could tell she was covering the two puncture scars. She looked up at me. The expression on her face tore at my heart. It almost seemed like she was scared… of me.

“Before I tell you,” she began hesitantly. “You have to promise me one thing.”

“What is it, sweetheart?”

“Don’t hurt him,” she pleaded softly. “He couldn’t help it…”

Slowly, I was beginning to piece everything together, but nothing was clear yet. As the realization dawned on me, freezing horror coursed throughout my whole body and made my blood run cold. I held her tight and buried my face in her hair. I whispered to her, though I knew my words were muffled.

“Illusia… You don’t mean -… Tell me you don’t mean…”

“Yes,” she said in a voice so soft I could barely hear it. “Sawyer is a vampire.”

“And your friend, right?”

“I thought he was,” she said, choking on her emotions. “He was always so gentle, treating me like a little sister… … He’s the only reason I found you… I could never have done it alone…”

“So you’re hurting because someone who really seemed to care about you has betrayed you? I understand…”

“That’s not all,” she whispered.

Oh my Lord… I was right…

I held her tighter, pressing her close to me then letting her go. Trying not to let my voice break with emotion, I looked straight into her eyes and asked her flat out:

“What did he do to you, Illusia? Did he… Did he touch you…? Did he hurt you?”

“No,” she said softly. “It was nothing like that.”

“What was it, love?”

“He was going to take his own life when he thought he had taken mine” she said, almost inaudibly. “Wouldn’t anyone think that meant he cared?”

“Illusia… You’re right… anyone would think that meant he cared. That’s more than caring… That’s love…”

“But I love you,” she said, her eyes wide.

“There are different kinds of love… Like the love in families and the love you have for your closest friends…”

“He said he didn’t really have a home or a family, so I guess in a way, I was like a little sister to him…”

“Tell me what happened, Illusia.”