Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Hearts: INVERTED ❯ Deception ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kay: Well now it's time for chapter TWO!! ^^

Dante: *waves small flag* Yippee *rolls eyes*

Kay: Well don't be so enthusiastic!

Dante: Don't worry, I won't.

Kay: *glares at him* And tell me again why I keep you around?

Dante: You don't, I'm the one who stays around.

Kay: Oh……how lucky can I be. *sigh* Well on with the story.

Dante: Believe me the next few chapters are quite dull. All boring with not much going on.

Kay: *sigh* He's actually quite right. Most of the next two chapters is basically a lot of explaining and meeting of new characters. In this one you'll meet two new characters. One most of you might be quite familiar with and the other you've never seen before.

Dante: Oh monkey boy don't forget to put all the legal stuff up again!

Kay: *rolls eyes.* FINE! All characters pertaining to Kingdom Hearts are copyrighted to their creators and all characters pertaining to any of the Final Fantasy's are copyrighted to THEIR creators. All characters not pertaining to Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy and are Original Characters are copyrighted to me. If you wish to see what some of these OCs look like then please visit XxFalsehopexX.deviantart.com and look in my gallery. Right now I only have the woman you meet in this chapter. Thank you for listening and have a nice day! Now ON WITH THE STORY! ^^

D e c e p t I o n__

"W-where…..where am I?" A girl questioned as she sat up in what appeared to be a field of flowers. "How did I get here? The last thing I remember was being on the island with-OH! Where are the others?! Sora! Riku! Tidus!" She stood up and looked around for any trace of them. She lowered her head in defeat seeing that there was no trace of them anywhere. The wind blew her strawberry chestnut hair making it flow like feathers in the wind. "I…..I'm all alone." A tear made its way down the side of her face as she slowly sat back down.

"Kairi…." A harsh, whispered voice called out from behind her.

"Wha……w-who's there?" She asked, standing back up and turning around. Not far off in the distance stood a gigantic castle. It was constructed quite strangely: The towers curving up and twisting around. Small platforms could be seen coming from the castle and moving along a stream of energy to other parts of the castle. The thing that caught Kairi's eye the most was the strange insignia on the front of the castle. She could remember seeing it somewhere before but couldn't exactly come up with it at the moment.

"Kairi….." The voice had sounded again.

"Who are you?!" The girl yelled out to no one in particular.

"In time my dear child…..everything will be revealed." The voice explained," Now it is time for you to awaken. Your journey begins…..Now" Kairi heard a snapping noise and then all of the sudden her world fell into darkness.

"Kairi! Kairi! Open your eyes!" Sora yelled out shaking the girl slightly.

"She can't be gone! She's too strong to let go!" Tidus cried out kneeling beside the bed she rested on.

"S-Sora?" She breathed out, her eyes creeping open.

"Kairi! You're alive!" Sora rejoiced.

"We were so worried!" Tidus jumped up happily.

"Come on guys…did you really think…I'd go that easily?" Kairi weakly answered sitting up, "Hey, where are we anyway?"

"On some kind of …airship thingy." Sora explained looking around.

"It's called the Invincible." Riku explained.

"And how did you know that?" Tidus looked at him confused.

"I just asked around. Problem is is that there hardly any other humans on this ship. I ran into this lady and she told me what had happened. She also said that the owner of the ship is suppose to come by here soon." The silver haired boy walking over to the others, "So how you feeling Kairi? You gave us all a big scare."

"Aww, I feel so special. And I'm doing fine, but I'm still puzzled about this dream I had." She explained.

"Well let's hear it Kairi! Maybe we can help you figure it out! We've always been able to before, don't you remember?" Tidus said as he sat down at the edge of her bed.

"Hey, I do remember us doing that!" Sora said as he kneeled down next to the bed.

"Ya! One of us would have some crazy dream and the others had to figure out what it meant! That was also so much fun since some of the dreams were reeeeally weird." Kairi laughed.

"So come on then, tell us what it was." Riku said leaning up against the wall near the head of the bed. Kairi explained to them all about how she woke up in the field of flowers and then being all alone. She then moved onto the creepy voice and mysterious castle. The last thing she told them was about the insignia.

"The strangest thing about the dream was this insignia. I mean I've never seen that castle before but I could swear that I've seen the insignia." Kairi said.

"Well that is weird. This could take a while to figure out. So we better-" Tidus began but was interrupted by a somewhat deep cheerful voice.

"Ahh, so the little princess has awoken. And how are you feeling?" The tall man asked.

"I'm…fine…thanks for…asking." Kairi said amazed at the figure before her. The tall man had long grey feathered hair and the most awkward outfit she had ever seen a man wear. The man was very feminine in appearance and also in the way he acted as well. The only thing manly about him was his voice, but that still was quite deceiving.

"Excellent! It would have been……a tragedy to have lost such a beauty as yourself." The man chuckled.

"And who exactly are you suppose to be anyway?" Sora questioned the man.

"Ah, my deepest apologies. My name is Kuja, the owner of the Invincible."

"So you're the owner……nice ship ya got here." Riku said smiling.

"Why thank you. I am quite fond of it myself." Kuja sighed.

"Umm….right. So can you tell us what exactly happened back there on the island?" Tidus questioned.

"Of course, the first thing you should know is what those creatures truly were." Kuja began as he filled back some of his hair and walked closer to the group," They are known as the heartless. Beings that have lost their hearts to the darkness. Kairi was quite close to this fate, but luckily her heart was strong enough to turn away from the dark and walk into the light." He smiled at the girl who was looking at him nearly frightened.

"You….you mean I could have become one of those cre--…..heartless?"

"Exactly, but like I said you're heart was strong and fought the darkness."

"But why were the umm…heartless attacking our island anyway?" Tidus puzzlingly asked.

"The heartless travel to all worlds looking to take peoples hearts into the darkness and then in the end completely destroy the world. Every world, you see, has something known as a keyhole which the heartless use to travel between worlds. There's no real reason to why your island was attacked except that it was only in the path in which the heartless were taking. Lucky for you all, though, that my crew and I were in the general area of your world and ---"

"What do you mean be our world? Do you mean…there are really other worlds out there?!" Sora interrupted him.

"Manners, manners. And yes there are indeed many other worlds other than the world where your island resides. Now where was I…..ah yes, my crew and I were in the general area of your world and could sense the great amount of dark energy emitting from it. By the time we ascended into your world it was too late to save your islands but we still had time to safe the four of you, and so that's just what we did. And now you're here with me on the Invincible." He filled back his feathery silver hair and turned to head towards the door turning before he made his leave," We'll be landing soon at my Desert Palace so you might as well just rest here for awhile. Either I or one of my loyal servants will come and fetch you. Farewell for now." With this he waved his hand to the side and then departed.

"Well if that wasn't the strangest encounter with a human you've ever had I have NO idea what is." Tidus said shaking his head.

"I thought he was quite nice. Strange yes, but still nice." Kairi smiled.

"Well at least he was nice enough to save us from the heartless." Sora smiled as well.

"Whatever." Riku said as he moved from were he had been standing and went to lay down on one of the other beds in the room.

"We better take Kuja's advice and just rest up here." Sora said as he took the third and last bed. Tidus looked around sadly seeing there was no where for him to rest.

"Not fair!" He pouted.

"Aww, poor Tye." Sora laughed, Kairi giggling with him.

"Come on, Sora! Why don't you let him share your bed? We don't want little Tidus to start crying now do we?" Riku chuckled.

"Shut up Riku!" Tidus glared at him.

"Come on Tidus, you can share with me." Sora said still slightly laughing. Tidus shuffled his way over to the bed and laid down next to Sora. He was still angry but too tired to care. Soon the four fell into a deep slumber.

"Master Kuja, we're nearing the Desert Palace." A young woman with deep garnet hair and diamond eyes informed the man,

"Excellent. Once we land I want you to awaken our guest and lead them into the grand hall. I'll meet up with you all there." Kuja instructed her.

"As you wish sire." The women bowed and the turned to leave but remembered one last question, "And what about the Keyblade? If the boy finds out-"

"Leave that to me Ruby, and trust me. Those children will be so giddy seeing their new living arrangements that nothing else will matter. And if my theories are correct the girl should prove quite useful." An evil smile appearing upon his face saying this last statement.

"Are you saying that she could be-"

"Away with you Ruby, immediately. Go and overlook the landing."

"But---"

"Now!" He demanded. Ruby bowed slightly and then departed.

"All the pieces are falling into place. Have the girl right where I want her and the boy as well. Neither should prove to be much trouble now. However this boy Riku I feel has great potential and could prove quite……useful. But no matter. There's but one thing left for me to do." Kuja walked slowly over to one of the windows and peered out over the cast ocean," Soon sweet Garnet…..you shall be mine." He smiled and walked out of the cabin room, evilly laughing the entire way.

Tidus could feel that the ship had stopped moving which could me that they must have landed. The problem was that he had gotten so comfortable where he was laying and refused to allow himself to awaken. Suddenly the door to the room slammed open and a women's voice sounded off through the room.

"Alright everyone, we have reached the Desert Palace so it's time to wake up!" Ruby commanded them.

"Come on just a little while---" Tidus began to say slowly opening his eyes to only be sent into a state of shock. Sora's face was only inches away from his own and it seemed that the two had tangled themselves together while they were sleeping. Soon enough Sora too opened his eyes and went into the same state of shock Tidus was in. The two stared at each other, neither blinking until finally.

"AHHHHHH!!!!" The two screamed as they jumped away from each other, both clasping their chests and breathing heavily.

"What's come over you two?" Kairi said sitting up and rubbing her eyes. They both looked at her and then again screamed in horror once again. Kairi looked at both of them in puzzlement until Riku spoke up.

"Uhh….Kairi you might want to go and look in a mirror." Riku chuckled slightly pointing over to a mirror hanging on one of the far walls. Kairi slowly stood up and walked over and looked into the mirror. Her eyes widened as she shakily brought up her hands up to her hair. Her eye began to twitch and then finally…

"AHHHHH!!! MY HAIR!!!" She cried out

"Ummm…..the bathroom is right….over….there." Ruby said as she slowly regained her hearing. Kairi dashed into the bathroom slamming the door right behind her.

"Uhh…..Sora…..did you…." Tidus whispered to the spiky haired brunette.

"No…did you…..do any-"

"No way!" Tidus shook his head and they both sighed in relief.

"What are you two talking about over there?" Riku questioned them from the other side of the room.

"N-nothing." The two spiky haired boys replied. After a few minutes Kairi made her way back out from the bathroom.

"Ahh, much better." She sighed," Well I guess we can leave now."

"Right." Ruby said quite annoyed, "Follow me."

Ruby led the three out of the room and further into the ship. Upon reaching a room she commanded the group to stand in the center of the room on the glowing floor panel.

"Now just relax and prepare yourselves." Ruby informed them as she joined the four on the panel. As soon as she did a flash of light surrounded the group and they vanished.

Kay: Well that's the end of chapter two!

Dante: Thank god!

Kay: I was actually thinking of just combining chapters Two and Three together but that would make them way too long! So I decided to just keep them separate.

Dante: Ya ya ya.

Kay: Oh and a big thank you from Raven who reviewed my story at Mediaminer! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Dante: Why did you waste your precious time reviewing this?

Kay: DANTE JUST SHUT IT! Well al of you reading please review! I'll seeing you next chapter!