Fan Fiction ❯ Misara ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2
 
“Whoa…. Now that's nice,” Misara stood in front of a very large and expensive looking house. Glancing down at her directions she rechecked the address. “Yep this is it.” As she walked up the pathway that led to the front door a chill ran down her spine. What's wrong with me why am I so on edge? No one else is out here. This is stupid I need to snap out of it. She squared her shoulders and knocked on the door. An older man slowly opens the door.
 
“Good afternoon how may I help you?” he stared at Misara as if she was some strange bug that had mistakenly crawled onto the porch. Well dressed and groomed he'd served his master for many years and spoke politely despite his obvious distaste for the visitor.
 
Oh boy. “I was just wondering if Lord Broden was home.”
 
“The Master is busy right now, If you would be so kind as to return later,” he began to close the door.
 
“Wait a minute! It shouldn't take long I,” she stopped the door with her foot, and tried to get a better look into the house. A huge crash came from inside. “Excuse me,” she pushed her way into the house, and walked swiftly through the halls.
 
“Uhh Miss You can't go back there,” the man followed her into the house.
 
“Shhhh… Quiet.” Misara kept walking until she reached the back of the house.
 
“I'll have to escort you outside.”
 
“Will you be quiet??” she turns around and places her hand over the man's mouth. “Look if you don't hush up I'll just stick you in the closet.”
 
“You go out. You get what you are supposed to and you come home ya hear,” a man's voice came from the door on the right. The man's voice was loud but oddly enough it sounded concerned.
 
“I'm sorry sir… It won't happen again I promise,” a small voice answered.
 
“Amara??” Looks like I found them. Misara walked to the door and peers through the crack.
 
“And talking to strange women too.” Broden's voice got louder.
 
“But Daddy I…”
 
“Don't but me,” he growled slapping Amara hard, she fell to the floor.
 
D..D. Daddy??? Misara opens the door. “What kind of father are you. Don't you touch her again.”
 
“Stay out of my affairs Woman,” Broden turns to Misara looking slightly surprised.
 
“Misara I.. Its okay please just go,” Amara said picking herself from the ground.
 
“I am not leaving you here Amara,” Misara puts herself between Broden and Amara.
 
“Look I just don't have time for this. You're her new friend so why don't you just share her punishment,” Broden shrugged his eyes growing cold.
 
“Don't waste your time on her boss.” The two men who had accompanied Broden earlier stood in the doorway.
 
“Amara would you be so kind as to leave the room,” Misara suggested clenching her fists.
 
Frightened Amara stared her hands covering her mouth. “Misara .. I. Okay.”
 
“The girl stays here,” One of the men grabs Amara while the other holding a bat charged towards Misara swinging wildly.
 
She dodged his attacks easily. I should have brought my weapons, but then again I don't suppose it would make things better if I accidentally killed someone. She grabs his bat mid swing and tears it from his hand. One would think that such an important man would have better bodyguards.
 
“ Misara watch out!” Amara struggled in her captors grasp.
 
“I'm ending this,” Broden's eyes shined filled with emotions that Misara would worry about latter. She didn't have time to ponder his odd expression Broden had a gun pointed at her head. “Nothing personal.” As Broden pulled the trigger the gun exploded. Shards of backend metal fell to the ground. Surprisingly the force was contained it's target was Broden's arm.
 
“Boss!” the two men yelled in unison. Broden cradled his now bleeding hand.
 
“Time to go.” Misara grabbed Amara and ran out of the house.
 
“ Why are you still here! Go after them!” Broden yelled at his henchmen as they scrambled to obey his commands.
 
“Well well what happened here?” A man slightly younger than Broden sauntered into the room. “Oh did you have a mishap.” His face and voice showed little concern for the older man; dressed in a blue suit with his jacket open he neglected to wear a tie. Joren was supposed to be Broden's lawyer; still he kept his black hair ragged but short. His chin had a little stubble because he didn't shave that morning. Not that he ever needed to shave his face was youthful, the only thing betraying his age were eyes faded blue and world-weary.
 
“Shut up Joren.” Broden walked out of the room and into the nearest bathroom. He searched the cabinet for bandages. Joren followed closely behind.
 
“I do believe I sensed something was it the girl that just left,” Joren said nonchalantly.
 
“You didn't stop her??”
 
Raising an eyebrow Joren replied. “I didn't know that she needed to be stopped. Why didn't you take care of her?”
 
“ I was gonna. Guns don't just explode,” He pulled shards of metal from his hand. Cleaning his cuts Broden started to bandage his hand.
 
“Looks like we have a witch.”
 
“I can think of a more colorful name for her,” Broden snorted. He did however notice the power in Misara's eyes before the explosion.
 
“You have a short fuse my friend.” Joren said still seemingly disinterested. “Would you like for me to try and pinpoint her?”
 
“No look for Amara's signal.”
 
“Amara's?”
 
“It will be faint but its there. A soft pink glow,” He finished wrapping up his hand, inspected his handiwork and grinned. “Good job if I do say so myself. Ma always said I should have been a doctor.”