Fan Fiction ❯ Misery ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Misery
Prologue
By: Lily Tsukino

Hello readers! It's me, Lily again. Welcome to my 2nd story. Just to let you know it's pretty depressing, so if you want cheery, then you've clicked on the wrong story. This story is about a young girls tragic life and how she tries to deal. I'm not positive on how long it will be but I hope you enjoy it. All of the characters in this belong to me so if you try to take my idea or characters without asking I'll hunt you down and kill you! Oh and FYI I'm not always this depressing I'm usually very cheerful. Well Hope you enjoy! Ja!

~^~Prologue~^~

A young girl looking about the age of 16, walked alone on a dark and cold winter night. She had been crying and the tears had frozen on her face. As the night grew colder, she continued walking til she reached a house that was on the end of the street.

The house was small and looked cozy from the lit fire place when she approached the window. She looked inside. The was a young man with blue eyes and chestnut hair reading a story to a little child on his lap. She tried to smile as she felt the love that they shared only to realize that she had been deprived of those emotions growing up.

She sighed and continued walking. Red spots trailing behind her as she walked. As a breeze rushed through, her open wounds felt as if they we burning. Her brown eyes closing tightly as her breathing quickened.

"Damnit." She cursed as she clutched her black trench coat that was covered in her blood. She looked around her to see if they were any caves near by so she could try to build a fire, but all she could see was white. The fresh snow covered everything. Even in the darkness she was blinded by how pure and bright it shown.

She continued walking hoping to find something on her way or even if she didn't she would have been glad to die. As she was walking through the deep snow, her memories came flooding back. She remember being young and watching her mother beat her because she was drunk or because she felt like it. Or how she was screamed at every night because her mother claimed she did something wrong.

But what had scarred her the most was how her mother almost killed her many times and still even to this day she still did. She had escaped this time alive and able to walk, though she had many deep wounds that should have been treated. But she knew that she couldn't go to the hospital or to someone because her mother would find out and make up a lie to blame it all on Kaye and then make her pay for embarrassing her in public.

This time she had been able to get away and take a bus so that she wouldn't be anywhere close to her so-called home. Everywhere she went she had been stared at due to the cuts and bruises on her face. Kaye was a very attractive young woman who was very kind and gentle and held her emotions inside. She never chose to show her emotions and whenever she was in public she appeared happy. But as soon as she was alone she would weep and cry herself to sleep.

Truth was she hated her life. Her parents got divorced when she was young. Her brother went with her father while she stayed with her mother. Her mother was very controlling and very abusive. As a child she never dared to talk back or do anything to anger her mother because she was terrified of her.

Kaye was a very bright child. She got straight A's and she was always friendly to everyone she met. She had brown curly hair with brown eyes to match and she was very well mannered. Ever since she could remember she had been tortured by her mother and never receiving love from anyone.

But being able to hide her emotions and having the ability to sense whether or not the person she comes across is good or can do her harm, has been able to get her through life. One this cold and dark night she had been in a fight with her mother that left her with deep cuts on her legs, arms and back. She also had a cut going from the corner of her right eye and the upper part of her nose to the bottom right of her jaw bone.

Kaye had been able to escape through the back door while her mother had answered the front door when their next-door neighbors had herd the commotion and wanted to see if anything was the matter. Kaye ran for her life despite the pain that was gnawing at her constantly. All she had was enough money to get her to the next town which was about 700 miles from where she lived. Also she was able to grab the trench coat that one of her old friends had given her before she had moved away.

These memories kept flashing as she continued walking through the snow unaware that the young man that was inside the nearby house had gone outside for more firewood and saw her and her trail of blood.

"HEY! ARE YOU ALL RIGHT?!" The young man screamed, trying to get her attention. Kaye turned and began running away from him as fast as she possibly could. The man chased after her hoping to see if she was all right with the injuries she had.

Kaye tried her best to keep running but the young man was fast and she couldn't handle the pain and exhaustion she felt. She slowed her pace then fell into the snow and blacked out.



~*~*~*~
Well that's the end of the prologue. So please tell me what you think. And please no Flames. They aren't really nice. Well Arigato. Ja!

~Lily