Fan Fiction ❯ Misery ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Misery
Chapter 1
By: Lily Tsukino

Hello again. I've decided to write chapter one. Soooo well here it is. Please review!


~^~Chapter 1~^~

Kaye awoke to a warm room. She could still feel the pain from her wounds as she tried to sit up. Her eyes widened in shock as she had realized that she was in someone's house! She looked at her body only to see that her clothes were gone, only to be replaced by a rather large t-shirt and a pair of boxer shorts. She was covered in bandages and she could feel that she was being watched.

Just then she heard a noise come from a doorway. She turned abruptly only to see the young man who was chasing her before she blacked out. He looked up from the tray he was carrying of 2 cups of coffee and some cookies. He looked up only to see her staring at him with confusion and terror in her eyes.

He smiled warmly and walked over to her. He set the try on the table next to the couch she was laying on. Kaye backed up a bit and pulled the blankets close to her body. The man knew she was terrified, so he tried his best not to scare her.

"Hi. I'm Travis. You're alright. I'm not going to hurt you. You look pretty beat up. What happened?" Travis asked his blue eyes sparkled with worry and curiosity. Kaye just looked down at the blanket. "Ohh. That bad huh. Well you don't have to talk about it. Would you like some coffee?" Travis tried his best to get Kaye to speak but all she did was look at the blanket.

Travis looked around the room trying to find something that would catch her attention and get her to speak. Kaye looked up from the blanket and stared at Travis. She admired how his blue eyes were so pure and loving and how his chestnut hair was a bit long and sloppy but it suited him well. <AN: think surfer boy hair.>

Travis turned and looked at Kaye. His eyes searching for answers with her eyes. He could tell that whatever happened to her was painful mentally and physically. Her eyes held pain and sadness but he knew there was more to her but she wouldn't let him find out. ‘Wow she's gorgeous, but why won't she talk to me?' Travis then noticed the necklace around her neck. While he was addressing her wounds he didn't notice it. But now he did. It was a gold chain with the letter ‘K' in a fancy handwriting.

‘Maybe it's the beginning of her name.' Travis thought. "Soo. Umm since I guess you won't tell me your name I'll have to guess. Umm.. Judging by your necklace I'd have to say It begins with the letter ‘K'." He glanced at her necklace then back at her. Kaye nodded slowly.

‘Yes! A response! Okay, now play it cool and guess.' Travis quickly thought. "Umm... how about Katie?" Kaye shook her head. "Uhh.... Katherine? Kathy? Kayleigh?" Kaye again shook her head.

After a couple minutes, and Travis still unable to guess her name, decided to guess the obvious. "Okay I'm going out on a limb now. But how about Kaye?" Travis asked, all out of other ideas.
Kaye simply just nodded her head. She didn't smile or look at him, she just nodded her head.

Travis smiled in agreement, "Great! Okay so your name is Kaye. And im guessing you're about 16 years old? I'm 17." Kaye, once again nodded. ‘Okay enough with this already! He may be cute and nice but there is NO WAY I'm gonna stay here!' Kaye thought. And with that she threw back the covers and tried to stand up. Only to become lightheaded and have a shock of pain rush through her body. She began to fall but two strong arms caught her.

Travis grabbed Kaye's arms and pulled her to him. She looked up at him with tear-filled eyes. Kaye began to cry. Her tears stained Travis' shirt and began washing away the medication that was on her cut on her right cheek. Travis held her close and just gently rubbed her back, but being careful not to touch where he had to stitch up her open wound.

Kaye fell back to sleep while she was still being held by Travis. She murmured, "I hate you mother," before Travis had placed her onto the couch. "W-w-what?!" Travis stammered. Then he saw the disturbed look on Kaye's face, so he went into the kitchen and put away the uneaten cookies and the untouched coffee. Then he got an extra blanket out of the hall closet and sat down next to the couch and fell asleep watching the mistreated girl sleep.

~*~
Okay that's the end of chapter 1. I hope you enjoyed it. I'll try to write more. Please Review but no flames o-negai! Arigato!! Ja Ne!

~Lily