Fan Fiction ❯ Misery ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Misery
Chapter 2
By: Lily Tsukino

Hey! It's me Lily again! Well I hope you've liked my story so far. Yet again I say that I don't know how long this story will be so please bare with me! Well Here's chapter 2!! Enjoy and please review!! Arigato! Ja!

Disclaimer: I DO OWN EVERYTHING!! And I have proof if you try!

~*~ Chapter 2*~*
During the night Travis was woken up several times due to Kaye's disturbing dreams.

~~~~Dream Sequence~~~

The young Kaye <AN: Think about 5 years old.> walked slowly, teddy bear in hand as she approached an open door at the end of a dark hallway. Inside she saw her mother, Delene completely drunk.

"Mommy?" Said the pigtail child. Delene turned, her eyes bloodshot and bags under her eyes. She got up and tried to walk over to the young Kaye but she was drunk so she wobbled and fell a couple of times.

"What the hell are you doing here!? And why in God's name didn't you clean your room?!" Delene screamed at the 5 year old. "Mommy, I couldn't sleep. And I did clean my room." Kaye tried to say but she was already scared out of her wits.

Delene was drunk and her breath reeked of alcohol. She bent down low to the child's level and began screaming at her. "DON'T YOU FUCKING LIE TO ME BRAT!!"

At this Kaye began crying. Delene began beating her, "Shut the hell up! You wanna cry?! I'll give you something to cry about!" The screams of a young child being beaten by her mother echoed throughout the house.

~~~~End Dream Sequence~~~

With the image of her as a child, Kaye continuously tossed and turned. The words "no" and "stop" and "leave me alone" kept being murmured by the brunette. Soon enough tears came.

In the morning Kaye awoke to a pair of purple eyes staring down at her. "Hi! I'm Jamie! What's your name?" Kaye just looked at the child blankly until Travis came into the room. "Jamie! Go eat your breakfast and you can talk to her later." Travis said as he plopped into a chair.

Jamie gave him a pout-look and then said "I don't wanna!" Travis just sighed. "It's Lucky Charms." And with those three words the little brown-haired purple-eyed child hopped off of Kaye and bolted into the kitchen.

"Sorry about that. I didn't know she was up." Travis said apologetically. "She's my little sister. My mom died 3 years ago and my father disappeared, so I've been taking care of her. She's only four. And she likes to be nosey." Travis said looking down into his cup of coffee. They sat in silence until a cry came from the kitchen.

They looked up only to see that Jamie had accidently bumped her head on the table when she was getting down from the chair. Travis got up to hug her when she screamed no and pushed him away. Jamie stood there in the middle of the room with tears streaming down her face.

Without reason or warning Kaye stood up and walked over to the hurting child. Travis's eyes widened in shock as he saw Kaye bend down and hug Jamie. But what even more shocked him was that Jamie didn't push her away, but instead hugged her back and cried on her shoulder.

Kaye picked up Jamie but was still a little woozy from the medications. Travis caught and steadied her as she walked back to the couch where she sat back down and let Jamie fall back asleep.

Travis felt as if he was just beaten up by monkeys in pink poka-doted bikinis. His jaw was hung open that he accidently swallowed a fly. He started gagging and chocking until Kaye threw his shoe at him. Which hit him directly in the chest making the fly shoot back out of his mouth.

"Thanks". Travis said once he regained his breath. Kaye just glared at him. ‘Geeze, why is she so cold to me?' He thought as Kaye's ice cold glare sent chills up and down his spine.

After several weeks passed, Kaye regained all of her strength and she only had some scabs and scars left from where her stitches were. Jamie had built a relationship with Kaye, even though Kaye still refused to talk. Travis on the other hand still was feeling like a third wheel because Kaye still felt hatred towards him. He kept on wondering what he was doing wrong.

Every night he watched as Kaye got ready for bed <AN: She still sleeps on the couch because she refused to sleep in Travis's room.> As she climbed onto the couch she was later joined by a 4 year old. Jamie would climb out of her bed and walk to the couch and crawl under the covers with Kaye.

This caused a bit of depression on Travis because Jamie used to pay a lot of attention to him but now she loved Kaye.

One day Jamie wanted to go to town and show Kaye the stores. When Travis agreed to drive Kaye's eyes got really wide and she froze in her place. Kaye was scared that she would: a) run into someone she knew, b) she didn't want to attract a lot of attention, and c) she didn't want to be around a lot of people.

After having to drag Kaye to the car. (Literally) The trio headed for town. It would be Kaye's first time seeing other people in over a month. And Kaye wasn't sure on how she'd be able to handle it.

~*~* ~
Well that's the end of Chapter 2. Stay alert for chapter 3! Please Review!! Ja Ne!

~Lily.

P.S. Please feel free to email me at Jupiter030488@aol.com if you have any questions.